BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Yesterday I thought we might have something to do with SiFive's new X280-A but now I'm wondering if I jumped the gun because it says here that
SiFive will be adding an even higher perfomance, "best in class" CPU to their portfolio next year!!!!

Hmmm...

The other thing I wanted to point out refers to the previous discussion around how BrainChip manages to meet the ISO26262 standards. I imagine that they could leverage their partnership with SiFive to achieve ISO compliance.

WOw am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 4 users
Someone’s always watching
Thumbs up if you got a little bit creeped out by that comment:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 2 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
  • Fire

Diogenese

Top 20

This is an area which does need standardization - or else the vehicle will need a library of different sets of hand signals from which the driver can choose the one with which they are familiar.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20
In answer to his question it was the early 1960’s as I remember helping my father instal blinker lights to our Morris Minor so he could get through registration. Cannot imagine what modifications you could make to a new Tesla at home with an electric drill and a set of spanners. 😂🤣😂🤡

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Ours was a woody Morris station wagon with a mechanical flip out arm with orange light - can't remember if it blinked.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
This is an area which does need standardization - or else the vehicle will need a library of different sets of hand signals from which the driver can choose the one with which they are familiar.
Yes and for the first time drivers that pick their nose while driving will be told off from the vehicle to put their hand back on the steering wheel.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
D

Deleted member 118

Not sure if it’s been posted before, but it looks like Tesla are going backwards more than ever this year.

• Fire

Jefwilto

Regular
Ours was a woody Morris station wagon with a mechanical flip out arm with orange light - can't remember if it blinked.
I remember them Dio,i had a 1956 VW Beetle (oval window) in the early 80,s,that had them,they were called “Trafficators“or some referred to them as Semaphores,mine didnt blink,just flipped out and the light would come on 😊

Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 6 users

Slade

Top 20
Great exposure on Stake! Things are heating up people!
You are right Andy. The right technology at the right time. BrainChip has the momentum. Can’t but be bullish.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Great find. Pages 22 to 31 are directly relevant and worth reading.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The discussion about neuromorphic computing being the province of analog and lumping Akida into analog is a bit unfortunate, and probably derives with the pre-Akida obsession with analog SNNs

Page 27:
1663381100112.png

Page 28:
Analog hardware: The biggest time and energy costs in most computers occur when lots of data has to move between external memory and computational resources such as CPUs, GPUs, or NPUs. This is the "von Neumann bottleneck," named after the classic computer architecture that separates memory and logic. One way to greatly reduce the power needed for machine learning is to avoid moving the data — to do the computation where the data is located. Because there is no movement of data, tasks can be performed in a fraction of the time and require much less energy. In-memory and neuromorphic analog computing are such approaches that take this approach. In-memory computing is the design of memories next to or within the processing elements of hardware such that bitwise operations and arithmetic operations can occur in memory. Neuromorphic analog computing allows in-place compute but also mimics the brain’s function and efficiency by building artificial neural systems that implement «neurons» and «synapses» to transfer electrical signals via an analog circuit design. This circuit is the breakthrough technology solution to the VonNeumann bottleneck problem. Analog neuromorphic ICs are intrinsically parallel, and better adapted for neural network operations than current digital hardware solutions offering orders of magnitude improvements for edge applications. Market-ready, end-user programmable chips are an essential need for neuromorphic computing to expand its visibility and to achieve a variety of “real-world applications” with an increasing number of users. As large technology companies are waiting for the technology to become more mature, some start-ups have released their chips to fill the gap and to have a competitive advantage against those tech-giants. Examples include BrainChip AKIDA, GrAI Matter LabsVIP, and SynSense DYNAP processors.

Neuromorphic digital SNN computing also enables the blending of memory and compute, obviating the von Neumann bottleneck.

• Love
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom