BRN Discussion Ongoing

Actually not sure if I can make this comment but here I go.... I believe that they are an EAP already.

Can't really say why but it was due to a response I got to a question I asked a little while back. Prefer not to get into the details as it was really just my interpretation of that response.

More than likely it is just wishful thinking but nothing wrong with that.

Does anyone know if Chris (Mr TL) is here under a new 'Avatar'?
I like you believe that Samsung is an EAP just too many clues or dots as some like to say. The question is will it bear fruit??? FF.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

RobjHunt

Regular
I like you believe that Samsung is an EAP just too many clues or dots as some like to say. The question is will it bear fruit??? FF.
I’m sure the fruit will bear, however saying that…..Pantene!

Reactions: 5 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

I like to think it will bear fruit as well as vegetables, especially paprikas!

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users

Lex555

Regular
The recent Sydney shark attack has hit home for me as I’m both a regular swimmer / surfer and live nearby. It got me thinking about how Akida could be used to improve safety.

I found no less than 8 strategies current deployed by NSW Department of Primary Industries where event based computation could be used via either vision, noise or smell of Great Whites, Tigers or Bull sharks.

> Drones
> Personal deterrent devices
> Research vessels
> Helicopters
> Smart drum line
> Shark nets
> Shark listening stations
> Shark tag and tracking beacon

619BBB10-9F32-45BE-B236-8CC85A5BC16E.jpeg

Imagine smart shark nets or bouys that could be deployed at mass scale to protect both humans and harmless species caught in nets.

Australia has 11,000 beaches with approximately 500 patrolled beaches. Multiply this by a few dozen sensors each to create a digital buffer and this creates another billion dollar opportunity, and this isn’t even counting the other 10,500 beaches which could be monitored by low cost aerial and submersible drones, and that’s just Australia!

Reactions: 37 users

Fox151

Regular
Hi team,

Perhaps someone is knowledgeable on this subject:

Form 8k - 8K

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) requires listed companies to

- file companies an 8K to announce significant news within 4 business days

Looking at their EDGAR filings, they haven’t released much. Sure, we talk about a secondary listing. However, I would expect that BRN will update their BRCHF 8K around earnings day. In case that is not happening … well … that’s where I don’t know enough… but I expect we don’t want flagged for non compliances, I guess. Other companies update if there was a major customer/revenue stream etc that requires notification of shareholders. Sure the ASX has similar requirements. I was just puzzled by the fact that their EDGR filings were so …well … non existent.

Hope someone can let me know on this subject. My expectations for “news” by earning day are reasonably high.
Oh look. The hot crapper mods have created a new account. I'll give this post the response it deserves. 🍆

Reactions: 5 users

Fox151

Regular
The recent Sydney shark attack has hit home for me as I’m both a regular swimmer / surfer and live nearby. It got me thinking about how Akida could be used to improve safety.

I found no less than 8 strategies current deployed by NSW Department of Primary Industries where event based computation could be used via either vision, noise or smell of Great Whites, Tigers or Bull sharks.

> Drones
> Personal deterrent devices
> Research vessels
> Helicopters
> Smart drum line
> Shark nets
> Shark listening stations
> Shark tag and tracking beacon

View attachment 1310

Imagine smart shark nets or bouys that could be deployed at mass scale to protect both humans and harmless species caught in nets.

Australia has 11,000 beaches with approximately 500 patrolled beaches. Multiply this by a few dozen sensors each to create a digital buffer and this creates another billion dollar opportunity, and this isn’t even counting the other 10,500 beaches which could be monitored by low cost aerial and submersible drones, and that’s just Australia!
Akida powered smart drumlines would be the shizz. You could detect everything from sharks to sneaky chinese submarines. Low power coastline monitoring... how is this not a thing yet?

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users
The CEO Sean Hehir mentioned that they were aggressively looking for staff. I just went on to the Brainchip web site and they presently have 14 positions open. This is the most positions I have seen since I first started following in 2016:

BrainChip™ Current Openings​

Human Resource Director

At BrainChip, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we all work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The Internet of Things. Edge AI applications. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced Edge-Based AI Processor. If you share our passion for innovation and [...]

Junior Machine Learning Engineer

At BrainChip, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The Internet of Things. Edge AI applications. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced Edge Based AI Processor. If you share our passion for innovation [...]

Machine Learning Engineer

At BrainChip, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The Internet of Things. Edge AI applications. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced Edge Based AI Processor. If you share our passion for innovation [...]

HW Engineering Intern Summer 2022

Production Manager

Customer Support Engineer

Solutions Engineer/Technical Account Manager

Firmware Engineer

Firmware Engineer, Hyderabad, India Hyderabad, India Category: Engineering Type: Full-time Min. Experience: 4 years The Firmware Engineer’s primary job function is to work with other team members to design and build Device Drivers, Board Support Packages & other Firmware as well as Applications that run on Brainchip SoCs/Ips which implement our Spiking Neural Network Technologies, to perform advanced AI tasks in various [...]

Regional Sales Manager

Regional Sales Manager Location: Laguna Hills, CA Type: Full-time At BrainChip, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The Internet of Things. Edge AI applications. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced Edge Based AI Processor. [...]

Research Manager

Research Manager Location: Perth, Australia Type: Full-time Description: Research Manager who has a passion for leading a cutting-edge organization to expand our long-range vision and to lead the research leading up to practical neuromorphic technologies for future products. At BrainChip, we believe in challenging the capabilities of Artificial Intelligence. BrainChip is dedicated to building advanced, low-power silicon products that learn in [...]

ASIC Design Verification Engineer

ASIC Design Verification Engineer Location: Laguna Hills, CA Category: Hardware Engineering Type: Full-time Min. Experience: Some Experience Description: Junior level ASIC Design Verification Engineer positions are available in our growing HW Development group. At Brainchip, we are revolutionizing Artificial Intelligence at the edge with our AkidaTM Hardware and Software products. Join our team and contribute to the continued success of our Neural Networking Processors. [...]

Software Engineer, Toulouse France

Software Engineer, Toulouse France Toulouse, Occitanie Category: Engineering Type: Full-time Min. Experience: Some Experience 2021 has seen AkidaTM become a reality. Available in the form of a SoC (integrated on our development kits) and an IP (integrated by semiconductor companies), our edge AI solution relies on a complete and scalable machine learning framework for the creation, training, testing, and deployment of neural [...]

Field/Corporate Applications Engineer

Field/Corporate Applications Engineer Location: Laguna Hills, CA Category: Sales and Marketing Type: Full-time Min. Experience: Some Experience The Brainchip FAE primary role is to work with the Sales and Engineering members, to support customers, and help develop commercial applications for BrainChip’s Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC). These applications are targeted for computer vision (classification, object detection), audio processing (keyword spotting), sensor fusion, and [...]

Machine Learning Research Scientist

Machine Learning Research Scientist Location: Laguna Hills, CA Category: Engineering Type: Full-time Min. Experience: Some Experience The machine learning research scientist’s primary role is to work with other R&D team members to imagine, define, and develop BrainChip’s spiking neural network technology. This research takes place at the interface between machine learning algorithms, event-based algorithms, and neuromorphic hardware. The research scientist will also be [...]

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 87 users
Akida powered smart drumlines would be the shizz. You could detect everything from sharks to sneaky chinese submarines. Low power coastline monitoring... how is this not a thing yet?
There was a prototype for a submarine drone that someone posted about in the last few months. Completely autonomous and powered by battery its job was to lie on the seabed and its Ai would do the asleep awake thing so as to preserve power and monitor for hostile actors. I cannot remember who posted it but thinking it might have been uiux or Indepthdiver. But either way it was hypothesised that AKIDA was a perfect fit.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 23 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
The last 3 days same shit SHORTERS Munching the S/P Down and NO ANN .............PLEASE...........If you want to get the word out there Get MERCEDES To sign on the dotted line...................

Reactions: 6 users

Realinfo

Regular
I for one was less than impressed that it took three months to hear from our new CEO, but after listening to Sean’s presentation and Q&A just now, he comes across to me as a very no nonsense sorta guy...someone who suffers fools badly. I particularly like his emphasis on urgency, on the here and right now, on maximising the advantage Brainchip currently has, on getting the word out, on expanding relationships, and on closing deals. Those in the growing sales and marketing team are in no doubt what is expected.
At the same time, I smiled when he said he’s extolling Peter and Anil to not simply maintain the advantage we currently have, but to extend it in the months and years ahead. I‘m sure they welcome Sean’s passion and energy.

Like most of us here, Sean can see the once in a generation opportunity Brainchip has, and he’s sure as hell ain’t gunna allow complacency and mediocracy get in the way.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 65 users
The CEO Sean Hehir mentioned that they were aggressively looking for staff. I just went on to the Brainchip web site and they presently have 14 positions open. This is the most positions I have seen since I first started following in 2016:

BrainChip™ Current Openings​

Human Resource Director

At BrainChip, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we all work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The Internet of Things. Edge AI applications. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced Edge-Based AI Processor. If you share our passion for innovation and [...]

Junior Machine Learning Engineer

Machine Learning Engineer

HW Engineering Intern Summer 2022

Production Manager

Customer Support Engineer

Solutions Engineer/Technical Account Manager

Firmware Engineer

Firmware Engineer, Hyderabad, India Hyderabad, India Category: Engineering Type: Full-time Min. Experience: 4 years The Firmware Engineer’s primary job function is to work with other team members to design and build Device Drivers, Board Support Packages & other Firmware as well as Applications that run on Brainchip SoCs/Ips which implement our Spiking Neural Network Technologies, to perform advanced AI tasks in various [...]

Regional Sales Manager

Regional Sales Manager Location: Laguna Hills, CA Type: Full-time At BrainChip, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The Internet of Things. Edge AI applications. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced Edge Based AI Processor. [...]

Research Manager

Research Manager Location: Perth, Australia Type: Full-time Description: Research Manager who has a passion for leading a cutting-edge organization to expand our long-range vision and to lead the research leading up to practical neuromorphic technologies for future products. At BrainChip, we believe in challenging the capabilities of Artificial Intelligence. BrainChip is dedicated to building advanced, low-power silicon products that learn in [...]

ASIC Design Verification Engineer

ASIC Design Verification Engineer Location: Laguna Hills, CA Category: Hardware Engineering Type: Full-time Min. Experience: Some Experience Description: Junior level ASIC Design Verification Engineer positions are available in our growing HW Development group. At Brainchip, we are revolutionizing Artificial Intelligence at the edge with our AkidaTM Hardware and Software products. Join our team and contribute to the continued success of our Neural Networking Processors. [...]

Software Engineer, Toulouse France

Software Engineer, Toulouse France Toulouse, Occitanie Category: Engineering Type: Full-time Min. Experience: Some Experience 2021 has seen AkidaTM become a reality. Available in the form of a SoC (integrated on our development kits) and an IP (integrated by semiconductor companies), our edge AI solution relies on a complete and scalable machine learning framework for the creation, training, testing, and deployment of neural [...]

Field/Corporate Applications Engineer

Field/Corporate Applications Engineer Location: Laguna Hills, CA Category: Sales and Marketing Type: Full-time Min. Experience: Some Experience The Brainchip FAE primary role is to work with the Sales and Engineering members, to support customers, and help develop commercial applications for BrainChip’s Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip (NSoC). These applications are targeted for computer vision (classification, object detection), audio processing (keyword spotting), sensor fusion, and [...]

Machine Learning Research Scientist

Machine Learning Research Scientist Location: Laguna Hills, CA Category: Engineering Type: Full-time Min. Experience: Some Experience The machine learning research scientist’s primary role is to work with other R&D team members to imagine, define, and develop BrainChip’s spiking neural network technology. This research takes place at the interface between machine learning algorithms, event-based algorithms, and neuromorphic hardware. The research scientist will also be [...]
What a fantastic insight into the internal goings on within Brainchip. You dont recruit unless you have the current (and ongoing) workload and demand to justify it. Big things are not far away me thinks!

• Fire
Reactions: 34 users

Proga

Regular
The last 3 days same shit SHORTERS Munching the S/P Down and NO ANN .............PLEASE...........If you want to get the word out there Get MERCEDES To sign on the dotted line...................
I'm keeping an eye on 2 new EV SUV models Mercedes are releasing in the 2nd half of the year. Depending on how fast they want to move, it will be the first chance they have to include Akida in a new model. Have a feeling they'll only use Akida in EV's to attract customers across from ICE's.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

Violin1

Regular
There was a prototype for a submarine drone that someone posted about in the last few months. Completely autonomous and powered by battery its job was to lie on the seabed and its Ai would do the asleep awake thing so as to preserve power and monitor for hostile actors. I cannot remember who posted it but thinking it might have been uiux or Indepthdiver. But either way it was hypothesised that AKIDA was a perfect fit.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Ahahahahahahah........Can't help myself - surely it was "Indepthdiver".....lol

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

uiux

Regular
I can't imagine it would be true. What would they be dying from? The only possibility I can think of is that the wires may take a long time to implant, and they have chimps under anaestheic for unsafe periods of time. Some of the claims I've read are ridiculous. Neuralink has a very large team of animal welfare experts.

Probably the monkeys

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Northrop Grumman drone from @ManChildreborn😜

Reactions: 10 users
What chips and quality tech are in the new Ford Mach-E to allow them to be better than Tesla. Ford are looking to dominate and I think Tesla may not be staying at their Market Cap for much longer if they don’t pivot to even newer quality solutions soon.

2E759122-41C2-4D4E-B9B2-7F20D9C8A873.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 31 users
I for one was less than impressed that it took three months to hear from our new CEO, but after listening to Sean’s presentation and Q&A just now, he comes across to me as a very no nonsense sorta guy...someone who suffers fools badly. I particularly like his emphasis on urgency, on the here and right now, on maximising the advantage Brainchip currently has, on getting the word out, on expanding relationships, and on closing deals. Those in the growing sales and marketing team are in no doubt what is expected.
At the same time, I smiled when he said he’s extolling Peter and Anil to not simply maintain the advantage we currently have, but to extend it in the months and years ahead. I‘m sure they welcome Sean’s passion and energy.

Like most of us here, Sean can see the once in a generation opportunity Brainchip has, and he’s sure as hell ain’t gunna allow complacency and mediocracy get in the way.
Hi Real

I have been reading as much as I can about the use of the word ‘Early Adopter’ in the semiconductor world and am convinced it has a widely accepted definition that allows me to hypothesis that there are now the following three categories of clients at Brainchip:

1. Early Access Partners - Ford, Biotome disclosed. A number not disclosed or not categorised such as NaNose.

2. Early Adopters - Mercedes, Valeo, NASA, Vorago disclosed.

3. Licensees - Renesas, MegaChips disclosed.

What is the potential significance well for me it means that today the CEO Sean Hehir disclosed to the full extent possible that Mercedes, Valeo, NASA and Vorago have adopted AKIDA technology in some form and will be signing some form of commercial agreement in due course.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 54 users
Reactions: 8 users

Build-it

Regular
Hi Chippers,

With all the EAP discussions taking place I thought I would have a look at what Qualcomm have been up to.

Their have been countless thread posts regarding qualcomm and can be interesting to review.

They certainly have been busy collaborating with HP, Ferrari & Motorola's Edge 20 mobile phone, not quite my interpretation of Edge but a catchy name.

Brainchip not mentioned however worth watching imo.

Edge Compute.
Screenshot_20220218-212553_Samsung Internet.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

Jasonk

Regular
For those that don't look to hard at the interactions on LinkedIn, 3 weeks ago.

Few of the people that are 'liking' the post.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 47 users

uiux

Regular
Morning Chippers,

Some points I wrote down from the interview.

• The Mercedes logo was shown in a presentation slide along with other 'Early Adopters' logos (Valeao, NASA and Verago) and licensees (Renesas and MegaChips)
• When asked about Mercedes MBUX, Sean indicated that Akida has multiple use cases rather than a single use case
• Sean was emphatic that he can see a use case for Akida in the Metaverse
• The vast majority of EAP’s are progressing ahead
• The company’s head-count is set to grow considerably this year on the development side (i.e.engineers) and on the marketing side
• The company is set to invest heavily (i.e.to burn cash) to enable it to grow at a rapid pace up to 2025
• A new set of tech will be unveiled later this year
• Within the next year there will be more commercial traction and more strategic hires
• Within 5 years Sean wants to see Akida become the defacto standard in the market as the way to do edge computing, (like the way Bluetooth is a standard).
• “ We want to be the standard and we should be the standard."
• Sean welcomes competitors but wants the lead extended not closed

You need to start making threads for your stuff Bravo. You are dropping gems in the thread that buries them rather quickly, eg. This and the ai see business

Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom