BRN Discussion Ongoing

Shareholders be like....:LOL:

BRNSH.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

toasty

Regular
Booked the accommodation before planning the transport to get here and didn’t realise you can’t get here after midday…so we got a helicopter over from the mainland 😂 was my first time in a helicopter as well!
We arrived by speedboat and left by chopper!!! :D

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Mercfan

Well, it paid off for quite a considerable time, unfortunately. Hopefully our AKIDA Ballista tech, ( somehow ) will shorten these criminal dilemma's judiciously, In a very quick smart way, to the benefit of all of us. Is this possible I wonder ??

This bastard almost got away with it scot free. Finally, he'll pay a price for all concerned to witness.

Any thoughts on this topic FF, and Akida's involvement moving forward ?

hotty...
He is paying the price but far too late. He will probably only do a short time before he kicks the bucket

RobjHunt

Regular
Very much looking forward to the hour of power.

Reactions: 5 users

Violin1

Regular
Booked the accommodation before planning the transport to get here and didn’t realise you can’t get here after midday…so we got a helicopter over from the mainland 😂 was my first time in a helicopter as well!
Are you checking it out for the $10 party or possible purchase?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

chapman89

Founding Member
Are you checking it out for the $10 party or possible purchase?
$10 party and we shareholders take over the island for 1 week 😎 2 more years!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Xavier is the old platform, build in actual Mercedes models. Thought there might be some progress in the new Orin architecture, as it is much faster with less power consumption..

Speaking about NVDIA, an upgraded Orin model with 64GB of RAM and 12 Arm Cortex-A78 CPUs will start shipping in October this year.

Would there be anything preventing Arm from incorporating Akida into their Cortex-A78 CPUs to help perk them up a bit?

mm pm.png

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
$10 party and we shareholders take over the island for 1 week 😎 2 more years!
Pic of a cocktail and the South Pacific ocean just to rub it in would be nice ;):cool: ( feet optional :ROFLMAO:) 🍹

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

chapman89

Founding Member
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 64 users
I would like to see some statistics/data around this sentiment.

People do random irrational things too all the time!
The difference is that people won't iteratively be improving their abilities and become better/safer drivers. ( assistant technologies will help up to a point )

Otherwise this fear of autonomous vehicles is like the fear of sharks when you should be worried about drowning.

Shark attack 0.125 micromort
Drowning 12 micromorts
Hi @krugerrands
Let me say at the outset I am a huge fan of autonomous vehicles. Not an ounce of fear to be found. One day my sight will mean that I will no longer have a licence to drive. I want autonomy.

My negativity comes from the English Common Law which like AKIDA was designed by imperfect men to incrementally improve itself. You see English jurists thought of this idea centuries before Peter van der Made and you thought lawyers contribute nothing.

In consequence in 1892 the English Appeals Court set in train a new line of legal theory and practise in the famous Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company decision.

To a large extent before this case industry acted in a cavalier fashion regarding its obligations to the consumer. What flowed from this case was a framework for the modern consideration that if you are engaged in an enterprise for profit you must do so in a fashion that you will not cause injury to others. If doing so is not economically viable hard luck. Go away and don’t come back until you can.

The approach adopted by Tesla and followed by others is to cast this aside and sell vehicles that are not fit for purpose on the basis it would be too expensive for it to be done any other way. Well I say hard luck go away and come back when you can.

This idea plays out constantly with new medical treatments. Companies trying to invent cures for all sorts of diseases have to show safety in animal models and then if this is shown recruit human volunteers and show safety in humans and then they can proceed further. If they cannot recruit human volunteers at any stage hard luck go away and come back when you can. They are not allowed to sell the untested drug to people and collect the statistics on the basis well if a few die so what.

If I produce a toaster and it has a fault that causes the back panel to be electrified and potentially deadly to touch a warning on the box will not be deemed sufficient and I have to make it fit for purpose or go away until I can. My claim that it is too expensive will not resonate.

Very early in the piece an autonomous vehicle engineer gained some notoriety by saying that the public would have to get used to a few deaths to achieve autonomous driving. Well I say B.S. to this idea.

As much as Tesla would like for the masses to believe they have a higher mission it is no higher than making profits to fund the lifestyles and hobbies of those who own the company which includes shareholders.

If Tesla came out tomorrow and said we are becoming a not for profit and the value of all shareholdings will now revert to zero and dividends will never materialise they would not last one minute longer than it takes to call an EGM to kick them all out.

So I say to Tesla and others humans are not crash test dummies. Come back when your vehicles are safe.

Also I think you will find that with experience and practice the driving skills of humans does incrementally improve even amongst the worst of human drivers.

True at a certain point in the growing and ageing process those abilities will also deteriorate however the same thing happens to machines, cars and computers included.

When a Tesla is brand new and drives out of the showroom it will commence to age and overtime just like the human driver it’s battery will fade and it’s circuits will corrode and its performance will suffer. Lettuce will cost $10.00 and owners will choose food over car servicing.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
for us in Germany it was really great 1989, when the Berlin wall falls, I really hope this forum will not begin to be a political one, ok
In Germany we have to much of problems, because we´d hat to much trust.........
Talk about trust . I bought a small piece of the Berlin Wall at an Antique shop in Carbargo 30 years ago . I have since lost it but thinking back it could have been a bit of concrete from anywhere . It was off white with big flecks of grey broken stones mixed in with it . It was nice thinking I had a bit of history

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi @krugerrands
Let me say at the outset I am a huge fan of autonomous vehicles. Not an ounce of fear to be found. One day my sight will mean that I will no longer have a licence to drive. I want autonomy.

My negativity comes from the English Common Law which like AKIDA was designed by imperfect men to incrementally improve itself. You see English jurists thought of this idea centuries before Peter van der Made and you thought lawyers contribute nothing.

In consequence in 1892 the English Appeals Court set in train a new line of legal theory and practise in the famous Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company decision.

To a large extent before this case industry acted in a cavalier fashion regarding its obligations to the consumer. What flowed from this case was a framework for the modern consideration that if you are engaged in an enterprise for profit you must do so in a fashion that you will not cause injury to others. If doing so is not economically viable hard luck. Go away and don’t come back until you can.

The approach adopted by Tesla and followed by others is to cast this aside and sell vehicles that are not fit for purpose on the basis it would be too expensive for it to be done any other way. Well I say hard luck go away and come back when you can.

This idea plays out constantly with new medical treatments. Companies trying to invent cures for all sorts of diseases have to show safety in animal models and then if this is shown recruit human volunteers and show safety in humans and then they can proceed further. If they cannot recruit human volunteers at any stage hard luck go away and come back when you can. They are not allowed to sell the untested drug to people and collect the statistics on the basis well if a few die so what.

If I produce a toaster and it has a fault that causes the back panel to be electrified and potentially deadly to touch a warning on the box will not be deemed sufficient and I have to make it fit for purpose or go away until I can. My claim that it is too expensive will not resonate.

Very early in the piece an autonomous vehicle engineer gained some notoriety by saying that the public would have to get used to a few deaths to achieve autonomous driving. Well I say B.S. to this idea.

As much as Tesla would like for the masses to believe they have a higher mission it is no higher than making profits to fund the lifestyles and hobbies of those who own the company which includes shareholders.

If Tesla came out tomorrow and said we are becoming a not for profit and the value of all shareholdings will now revert to zero and dividends will never materialise they would not last one minute longer than it takes to call an EGM to kick them all out.

So I say to Tesla and others humans are not crash test dummies. Come back when your vehicles are safe.

Also I think you will find that with experience and practice the driving skills of humans does incrementally improve even amongst the worst of human drivers.

True at a certain point in the growing and ageing process those abilities will also deteriorate however the same thing happens to machines, cars and computers included.

When a Tesla is brand new and drives out of the showroom it will commence to age and overtime just like the human driver it’s battery will fade and it’s circuits will corrode and its performance will suffer. Lettuce will cost $10.00 and owners will choose food over car servicing.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
But now we have anti-covid nasal sprays.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

uiux

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

TECH

Regular
Yesterday I really enjoyed reading the latest white paper.

Peter's answers/opinions/thoughts were excellent!

Could you sense the confidence, not overconfidence, but just solid, controlled responses, long may Peter and Anil lead our tech teams.

Could have Akida identified the issue the other night with the countdown of Artemis 1 halted at 40 minutes, with all of Akida's sensing
abilities in real-time, I'm thinking that the number 3 engine with its higher-than-normal temperature reading as the engineers were trying
to reach the correct temperature of around minus 420F....a faulty sensor is believed to have been the cause.

Brainchip's Akida isn't onboard, is it?? :unsure:

Tech x

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 29 users

RP84

Emerged
  • Fire

ndefries

Regular