BRN Discussion Ongoing

Tony Coles

Regular
Managed to sell one of the kids today and scooped up some more shares at 89c.......bargain!!!

For sale.......2 more kids
I’ll start with the wife, because she doesn’t understand BrainChip but the kids are so interested about the future of BrainChip so they are staying ……. 🤔 well for now anyway. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users

stuart888

Regular

Event-Based Vision Systems Market Study Reveals Growth Factors Size, Share, and Competitive Outlook for Future 2021-2030​

Latest AI-driven advancements in computer vision focus on emulating the characteristics of the human eye in a vision sensor system.

Competitive Intelligence

The section provides a detailed description of established companies, startups, and research institutes working on event-based cameras. Different parameters, including company overview, technology stack, partnerships, key personnel, future roadmap, and limitations have been considered for a comprehensive competitive profiling.

A key highlight to emerge from this analysis is that several European startups are directly competing against Samsung in the event-based vision technology domain.

Further, a benchmarking matrix of the commercialized and in-pipeline products has also been included for an in-depth analysis.

Companies mentioned in the report

1. Prophesee
2. iniVation
3. Insightness
4. Qelzal
5. MindTrace
6. CelePixel
7. Sunia
8. Australian Institute of Technology
9. Samsung
10. Sony

Fantastic Post as always @Sirod69! And number 1 and 10 are partners, with them also partnering with Brainchip!

Sony is a Neural Nut too. The employees in the AI.Sony have stuff like this on this below on their bio.

1661806429814.png

https://ai.sony/people/

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member

EQE and the MBUX Hyper screen

In my opinion brainchip AKIDA IP isn't in this version but will be in the new MB OS system in 2024.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Look up Asx Listing Rules Guidance Note 8

SC
I am not sure if this was for me or Cardpro but either way Trade Secret or not it makes clear that the ASX can decide that it should be disclosed.

When a company makes an announcement it takes the risk that the ASX will intervene and require the disclosure of information that it wants, needs or has agreed to keep confidential. See 3.1A.2 of Guidance Note 8

Of course in the absence of an announcement if the ASX becomes aware from any source that the company may be sitting on material information it can intervene and force disclosure via the ASX.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Or if company X pays 2million in licensing BRN could be expected to be paid 8 to 10 million in roalties from that same company once implemented in their product has taken place.

That was my laymans interpretation of that interview
The only problem with that interpretation is that Renesas is paying 800,000 approximately and using AKIDA in intelligent MCU’s which will in their lifetime sell in the billions of units for 20 to 30 cents a piece and one billion times 1 cent is $10 million yet five times 800,000 is 4 million.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Reactions: 3 users
Test post

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

JK200SX

Regular
In my opinion brainchip AKIDA IP isn't in this version but will be in the new MB OS system in 2024.

2024 is only 16 months away, and typically a 2024 model or MY24 model may be released during 2023.
Automotive project timelines tend to span a few years before SOP (start of production), and consist of various milestones or gates that need to achieved for the project to continue or be on track. With 16 months to go, prototype sample would have already been produced and the design approved. A-Samples, or off tool samples would also have been produced by this stage and validation/final tweaking being done. The next stage would be B-samples or "off tool/ off process" and that would typically be done 8-12 months before SOP.

With all this in mind (and if the AKIDA/IP) is in the MB.OS.24, then I can only assume that advanced purchasing at MB have already placed orders for the AKIDA/IP, and we should see it ramp up in the next few months.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Schwale

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users
The following extract is from Fierce Electronics in 2015. I had not seen it previously so if posted already my apologies. I had all sorts of trouble getting it to copy paste hence the reason I have only posted an extract but the whole article should be read using the link below.

Consider the AKIDA possibilities as it is clear In this article Bosch is expecting MegaChips to bring its technology portfolio to the table to compliment and produce the best technology for Bosch. This is the MegaChips business model and now AKIDA is part of its offering:

LAS VEGAS, NV – MegaChips Corporation today announced a partnership with Bosch Sensortec to provide a complete reference design for use in smartphones, wearables and other personal devices allowing consumers to monitor their activities in real time. Available today, the reference design provides both context and location awareness for health, fitness and indoor navigation monitoring and tracking applications.

Research firm ABI forecasts 42 million wearable fitness and health devices will be shipped in 2014, up from 32 million in 2013. This market growth is fueled by the proliferation of low-power microchips and sensors such as those from MegaChips and Bosch Sensortec. MegaChips' ultra-low power frizz, combined with the SiTime SiT1602 programmable MHz oscillator and the Bosch Sensortec MEMS sensors BMI160, BMM150 and BME280 provide more meaningful data, easy interpretation, higher accuracy and ultra-low power critical for longer battery life

Jeanne Forget, director global marketing at Bosch Sensortec said, "MegaChips has an excellent reputation for providing high-performance, ultra-low power chips that are important in consumer electronics. We are delighted to partner with MegaChips to complement our broad MEMS sensor portfolio. With our joint technologies we can create superior wearable devices that give people tremendous benefits in their everyday lives, such as longer battery life and new applications."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 46 users

stuart888

Regular
A little fun. Seems like we already caught big fish Mercedes! What is next?

Only the big boys are playing in the early stages of SNN. We are fishing for the big boys like Sony and the list goes on and on? Which is good!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

toasty

Regular
I woke up this morning (thankfully) with a wild idea. We know the AKIDA V2 design has been passed to TSMC for fabrication and payment made (refer 1/2 yearly) so news of that can't be too far away. But what if its already in silicon and is being tested by one or more of the EAP's. Is it possible that an imminent announcement of successful V2 fabrication may include the news that it has been tested and accepted by a major new customer who has delayed signing on the dotted line until V2 is ready? Not predicting anything, just gazing lustfully towards the next announcement........... 😜

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 40 users
The following extract is from Fierce Electronics in 2015. I had not seen it previously so if posted already my apologies. I had all sorts of trouble getting it to copy paste hence the reason I have only posted an extract but the whole article should be read using the link below.

Consider the AKIDA possibilities as it is clear In this article Bosch is expecting MegaChips to bring its technology portfolio to the table to compliment and produce the best technology for Bosch. This is the MegaChips business model and now AKIDA is part of its offering:

LAS VEGAS, NV – MegaChips Corporation today announced a partnership with Bosch Sensortec to provide a complete reference design for use in smartphones, wearables and other personal devices allowing consumers to monitor their activities in real time. Available today, the reference design provides both context and location awareness for health, fitness and indoor navigation monitoring and tracking applications.

Research firm ABI forecasts 42 million wearable fitness and health devices will be shipped in 2014, up from 32 million in 2013. This market growth is fueled by the proliferation of low-power microchips and sensors such as those from MegaChips and Bosch Sensortec. MegaChips' ultra-low power frizz, combined with the SiTime SiT1602 programmable MHz oscillator and the Bosch Sensortec MEMS sensors BMI160, BMM150 and BME280 provide more meaningful data, easy interpretation, higher accuracy and ultra-low power critical for longer battery life

Jeanne Forget, director global marketing at Bosch Sensortec said, "MegaChips has an excellent reputation for providing high-performance, ultra-low power chips that are important in consumer electronics. We are delighted to partner with MegaChips to complement our broad MEMS sensor portfolio. With our joint technologies we can create superior wearable devices that give people tremendous benefits in their everyday lives, such as longer battery life and new applications."

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
By the way just in case you missed it this is the US MegaChips releasing this announcement. 😎

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 16 users

RobjHunt

Regular
There are two explanations for a post like this.

1. Somebody has access to pharmaceuticals that they shouldn't necessarily be indulging in

OR

2. Somebody is overdue for a session with their therapist

Either way, I value the enthusiasm.

I reckon it’s one of The Dean’s mystical rants 😉

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Quercuskid

Regular
I suspect he doesn’t realise on this site we do our research and check and double check claims.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
**Insert dad joke** :ROFLMAO:

Geez....her name might be hard to forget.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Screenshot 2022-08-30 at 09-49-10 Home.png

Is that a new whitepaper released "Learning how to learn neuromorphic AI at the edge" on BRN website or did i miss its release in the past.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 43 users
Consider the Communications possibilities with ARM, MegaChips and LON Systems:

MegaChips

You are here:Home/Smart Building Network Based on HD-PLC/The Smart City/Smart Building Network Based on HD-PLC

The Smart City Blog​

Smart Building Network Based on HD-PLC​

HD-PLC is the new standard for high-speed wireline networks. Based on the IEEE 1901 and ITU-T G.9905 international standards, HD-PLC offers megabit speeds over up to several kilometers of wiring (AC/DC powerlines, twisted-pair, coax, phone lines, etc.). The combination of high-speed, long-distance communication, and physical media flexibility makes it well suited for a wide variety of building automation systems (BAS).
In this article, we review an example smart building network built using HD-PLC. This network can integrate multiple systems found in modern smart buildings, including IP cameras, environmental sensors, security systems, building comfort systems, lighting, and more. Thanks to HD-PLC’s multi-hop technology, any node can act as a repeater to extend network range and robustness. This network can scale to support up to 1024, distributed across the building, using any wiring available.
Illustration of network

Support High-Bandwidth Applications​

Originally developed for multimedia networks in residential applications, HD-PLC supports blazing-fast megabit data rates (up to 240Mbps, PHY) over powerlines and other physical media. It has since been enhanced with industrial-grade robustness mechanisms to ensure reliable operation in smart building systems. These characteristics make it well-suited for IP camera networks.
The left side of the network diagram shows a standard CCTV surveillance application using HD-PLC CCTV-IP cameras. HD-PLC uses IP-based communications (IPv4 or IPv6 multicasting) to encapsulate packets as UDP messages. This means that IP cameras are able to draw power from the main supply and also use it to transfer high-definition video to the central surveillance station. This simplifies the deployment of IP-based CCTV systems, since you don’t need to install new wiring to support the bandwidth required by these cameras.

Develop Faster, Smarter LON Systems​

In 2017, LonMark adopted HD-PLC as the new standard for high-speed wireline networks. Compared to the previous LonWorks solution that was limited to 78kbps over twisted-pair and just 5.4kbps over power line, HD-PLC brings a significant speed advantage to wired control networks. Now system designers can get the cost savings of using existing wiring infrastructure along with the bandwidth they need to build smarter systems.
The right side of the network diagram illustrates a typical LON building automation scenario. The backbone for this network is provided by the main power line, to which a variety of standard LON systems are attached. HD-PLC is fully compatible with LON, and all of the devices are able to behave exactly as they would in any other LON system.
At the top of the diagram is the LON network server (LNS) with SCADA and BMS clients. LonMaker for Windows is another client that one might use in this network to manage installation and maintenance software. These clients are easily connected to the powerline backbone using an HD-PLC/Ethernet adapter.
Connected below the LNS database are HD-PLC LON nodes. These can be connected directly to the powerline, as in Section A. Alternately, they can be connected to an Easylon® HD-PLC router from Gesytec (Sections B and C), which enables seamless translation from HD-PLC LON to other LonWorks channels like the familiar TP/FT-10 physical layer.
In this smart building network example, HD-PLC replaces the existing LON/IP backbones, which require costly Ethernet cabling. By using the same wiring infrastructure used for power distribution, HD-PLC greatly reduces installation cost. It also improves system reliability, since the backbone is now independent of other IT equipment like Ethernet switches.

Simplify Network Deployment and Management​

System integrators appreciate the simplicity of HD-PLC. Its built-in multi-hop technology takes the guesswork out of network planning and design by providing the plug-and-play simplicity of a mesh network. With this technology, the nodes in the network dynamically calculate route cost and select the best route based on link quality. This eliminates bottlenecks and improves robustness, since the network will automatically reroute traffic if any given node fails.
MegaChips HD-PLC solution comes with Network Manager software that makes it easy to configure, monitor, and manage complex networks. The bottom of the network diagram shows how the installation laptop can be connected using an HD-PLC/USB adapter to easily manage the network. Simply plug the HD-PLC/USB adapter into any power outlet, and you’re instantly able to connect to the building automation network.

Getting Started with HD-PLC​

It’s easy to upgrade to megabit data rates; build larger, more robust IIoT networks; and meet new cybersecurity demands with MegaChips’ HD-PLC SoC with Multi-hop. Combining a state-of-the-art analog front-end (AFE) with baseband, physical (PHY), and media access control (MAC) layers into a single compact package, the MegaChips solution enables you to reliably deliver high-speed, bidirectional, IP-based communications over any wiring.
MegaChips provides all the design resources and tools you need to quickly develop and deploy products with HD-PLC. Evaluation kits give you the hardware, software, and documentation to get started. An SDK is also provided with sample firmware and command programs, as well as tools for power control, channel monitoring, and more. And when you’re ready to deploy, MegaChips’ Network Manager makes it easy with an intuitive interface for configuring, monitoring, and managing networks.
Need to get to market even faster? MegaChips has partnered with Gesytec, the leading supplier of LON interfaces, to give you a market-ready HD-PLC module complete with Gesytec’s Easylon Protocol Stack (EPOS).
At the heart of the HD-PLC module is a standard MegaChips EVK running the HD-PLC and LON stacks. To this, Gesytec has connected an ARM Cortex M0-based CPU board to provide additional I/O and run the application-specific code. This simple partitioning enables you to run your application without interfering with device communications. It also gives you the flexibility to choose the right CPU for your application.
The module includes a license for Gesytec’s Easylon IP, a full-featured LON protocol stack that makes integration into LonWorks environments a breeze. Thanks to the proven EPOS LON stack, the HD-PLC LON Platform acts as a standard LON device that can be managed by the LON tools you already know and love, including LonMaker for Windows and other third-party software.
Additional infrastructure devices, such as phase couplers and range extenders, are available as off-the-shelf products from Gesytec and other vendors to facilitate the design of advanced HD-PLC smart building networks.

Ready to Upgrade to HD-PLC?​

Order your evaluation kit today—and discover how easy it is to build smarter, faster, more robust smart building networks with MegaChips.
Portrait of Michael Navid

Michael Navid​

VP, Marketing and Business Development, MegaChips
Michael is an accomplished business executive who has spent the last 15 years working to advance the communications technologies needed to build a smarter planet. The original founder of the G3-PLC Alliance, he was a key contributor in the evolution of G3-PLC as the premier communications technology for smart grids. Today, Michael is applying his experience and energy to bringing the benefits of HD-PLC to smart cities and smart buildings. When he’s not driving technology transformation, you’ll likely find him in one of his vintage cars heading down Pacific Coast Highway in Southern California.
Connect with him on LinkedIn.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

clip

Regular
Good morning all,

inspired by a teardown article yesterday, i had a closer look into the specs of the GoPro 10 camera.

And one interesting thing for me is, that they removed the "DSP Group DBMD4" from the GoPro 9 camera.
The DBMD4 is an "Ultra Low Power Always-On Voice Activation for Any Device" Audio DSP pre-processor.

A costumer commented on the GoPro forums, that this was due the fact, that the camera often accidently powering on, low user interest and the chip shortage.

Which leads me to the DSP Group Youtube channel and I would like to hear from someone with more expertise about the benchmarks between AKIDA and DSP Group on keyword spotting:

By the way, DSP Group have been acquired by Synaptics, which have been discussed here as a competitor earlier this year.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users
Top Bottom