BRN Discussion Ongoing

ndefries

Regular
I agree that we need to temper expectations, more around how quickly the revenue will ramp up imo; i.e. the royalties may start at a trickle and steadily pick up.. Renesas aside I think some of the other EAPs may have been developing products with our IP inside as early as May 2019 - which puts them at almost the production stage by now if not in the first half of 2023. As an addendum to my confidence in this I recall that when the Akida architecture was first released in 2018, BrainChip talked about the input some companies had had with respect to requesting modifications in further development of the architecture and that they were accepting their input for possible improvements. So definitely some companies have been there a while.
Jt
this is true, but!!! We do go off what our leadership team say in interviews and there has definately been wording used by Peter around 'explosive growth' which if i was not mistaken was reference to late 2022. So there is room to be confident about 2023 quarterly reports that are issued.

i am not complaining. Everything BRN is doing is spot on. We are connecting with every important part of the future AI eco-system and i am waiting for the day that announcements around Dell and Amazon arrive. If we can get some involvment in the cloud acceleration or sensor inerence and sending data back to cloud it will be game changing.

We have the comfort that our product has been so extensively tested and hearing Peter say that NASA is 'extremely happy' is very helpful to know as a shareholder.

I dont think our product is a nice to have in the future it will be critical to future product design. Just ask Nvisio!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 45 users

jtardif999

Regular
this is true, but!!! We do go off what our leadership team say in interviews and there has definately been wording used by Peter around 'explosive growth' which if i was not mistaken was reference to late 2022. So there is room to be confident about 2023 quarterly reports that are issued.

i am not complaining. Everything BRN is doing is spot on. We are connecting with every important part of the future AI eco-system and i am waiting for the day that announcements around Dell and Amazon arrive. If we can get some involvment in the cloud acceleration or sensor inerence and sending data back to cloud it will be game changing.

We have the comfort that our product has been so extensively tested and hearing Peter say that NASA is 'extremely happy' is very helpful to know as a shareholder.

I dont think our product is a nice to have in the future it will be critical to future product design. Just ask Nvisio!
Explosive growth doesn’t necessarily mean explosive revenue, there would have to be a ramp up realistically (picture the revenue growth diagram shown a couple of AGMs ago). We all want revenue explosion don’t we. The growth may be referring to increased production of all things containing Akida (initially anyway).

• Love
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users
This general thread was an interesting and diverse human community with wide ranging cross pollination covering technical prognostications/guesses and general corporate and stock market discussion, along with a mix of leavening humour and generally good natured banter, which lent it some entertainment value.
It's now dry as dust.
I don't know what you're talking about Hopalong 🤔...

krzak-tumbleweed.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users
Not sure if this Edge Impulse presso been posted.

May have been as I think someone was registered or maybe not.

I don't have the DL but snipped some relevant screenshots from Scribd HERE

Anyway:

“How Do We Enable Edge ML Everywhere? Data, Reliability and Silicon Flexibility,” a Presentation from Edge Impulse
Jun. 13, 2022

1660875411008.png

1660875441376.png

1660875470417.png

1660875533112.png

1660875572698.png

How many frames is Akida up to now in comparison? ;)

1660875694440.png

Another presso from early Aug that doesn't mention BRN however something I found interesting none the less was a diff connection given recent media update on academia.

Presso HERE

“Event-Based Neuromorphic Perception and Computation: The Future of Sensing and AI,” a Keynote Presentation from Ryad Benosman
Aug. 03, 2022

1660876152252.png

1660876199518.png

As for the other thoughts around posting / posters....find we generally need a catalyst for a spark.

SP doing jack - no catalyst
BRN lacks Anns - no catalyst
1000 eyes unfortunately not turning up much new concrete info & becomes tenuous links at best (like mine above haha) - no catalyst
Boredom sets in. People get edgy, grow thin skin, focus on noise that usually skim by normally, start questioning, take offence - yes catalyst (neg)

Just need to always do what's right for yourself and keep in a healthy mental space first & foremost & hopefully we'll see a new spark 💥 sooner than later that becomes a bonfire 🔥🔥

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users

GDJR69

Regular
I don't know what you're talking about Hopalong 🤔...

View attachment 14487
That's a self-driving Mercedes-Benz tumbleweed powered by Akida by the way. Look, the thread is just a bit dry because there have been no announcements of interest recently. But I'm confident it will come and like Lake Eyre this thread will burst into life once again when the rains come. Patience good people is all that is now required :cool:

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 23 users
Not sure if this Edge Impulse presso been posted.

May have been as I think someone was registered or maybe not.

I don't have the DL but snipped some relevant screenshots from Scribd HERE

Anyway:

“How Do We Enable Edge ML Everywhere? Data, Reliability and Silicon Flexibility,” a Presentation from Edge Impulse
Jun. 13, 2022

View attachment 14479

View attachment 14480

View attachment 14481

View attachment 14482

View attachment 14483

How many frames is Akida up to now in comparison? ;)

View attachment 14484

Another presso from early Aug that doesn't mention BRN however something I found interesting none the less was a diff connection given recent media update on academia.

Presso HERE

“Event-Based Neuromorphic Perception and Computation: The Future of Sensing and AI,” a Keynote Presentation from Ryad Benosman
Aug. 03, 2022

View attachment 14485

View attachment 14486

As for the other thoughts around posting / posters....find we generally need a catalyst for a spark.

SP doing jack - no catalyst
BRN lacks Anns - no catalyst
1000 eyes unfortunately not turning up much new concrete info & becomes tenuous links at best (like mine above haha) - no catalyst
Boredom sets in. People get edgy, grow thin skin, focus on noise that usually skim by normally, start questioning, take offence - yes catalyst (neg)

Just need to always do what's right for yourself and keep in a healthy mental space first & foremost & hopefully we'll see a new spark 💥 sooner than later that becomes a bonfire 🔥🔥
Burning shorts, always brings a spark-le to my eyes 😉

Latest reading, has aggregate shorts increasing again..

_20220819_122636.JPG

Which means selling volumes at the lower levels is, well, low..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Quiltman

Regular

Some thoughts ...

How Investors Can Use Boredom Arbitrage to Profit​

- By Rupert Hargreaves

One of the easiest and yet simultaneously the most challenging ways to gain an edge over the stock market is to have a long-term investment mentality. It easy if you have the right mindset. Suppose an investor can sit and watch a stock for decades without doing anything to it. Unfortunately, this is not a mindset that all investors have - in fact, it is human nature to seek instant gratification, which can make long-term investing difficult for the majority of people.

Overcoming emotions

It's incredibly challenging to overcome one's own emotions and focus on a company's long-term potential, not its short-term stock performance. For many investors, sitting still and not doing anything, just waiting for a stock to rise in value year after year, is difficult and takes a lot of restraint. It can also seem lazy.

Investors are constantly bombarded with information and stories from the financial world. These can be anything from the latest trading update of a high-profile business to the performance of one of the world's best hedge funds. Unfortunately, this consistent newsflow can produce a fear of missing out. It's something I have suffered from, and I know I'm not alone.

Boredom arbitrage

So, why do investors try to beat the market by trying to time the market? One answer to this is boredom and a belief they could do better. Boredom can explain a lot of unwise financial decisions.

However, it's also something investors can take advantage of if they know where to look. Several years ago, hedge fund Logo's Capital published a letter which contained a quote presented by Christoper Mayer:

"Boredom can explain a lot. It can explain all kinds of financial behavior. And there is definitely a 'boredom arbitrage' to take advantage of in the markets."

The concept of boredom arbitrage is something that has always fascinated me. There's a tremendous amount of evidence which supports the notion that investors can gain an edge over the market by embracing boredom. Some great examples include Berkshire, Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).

These stocks have been some of the best investments to own over the past 20 to 30 years, but they've suffered significant drawdowns during that period. I don't have the exact figures, but I'm willing to bet that there's only a tiny percentage of investors still holding these companies today that bought 20 to 30 years ago.

The concept of boredom arbitrage is very similar to the idea of time arbitrage. In a market constantly dominated by short-term performance metrics, investors can gain an edge by focusing on a company's long-term potential rather than its quarterly profit growth. Buying when investor sentiment takes a negative look at companies with a long-term competitive advantage can lead to market-beating returns over the years. These concepts are not straightforward to implement. However, just by being aware of them, it is easier to prepare a defence.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Chippers,

tweet

Boeing Space @BoeingSpace

Our team built the 212 foot @NASA-SLS core stage, which houses the propulsion and flight systems for the #Artemis I mission to the moon .
with the core stage fully intergrated with NASA_Orion spacecraft, the launch vehicle stands at 322 - feet tall.

1660877904115.png

12:39 pm Aug 17th 2022

Just need an avid Brainchip holder to jump the boundry fence , scale the tower and stick a brainchip sticker on the nose cone.

This one blasts off soon.

Regards,
Esq.

* I am learning how to cut and past.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 32 users

I am with you ND. The 3-4 years may be the case if your IP offered an upgrade or variation on what was previously available. But with AKIDA we are re-writing the rule book. I for one believe that that would put a rocket up any timeframe to market.

IMO we are on track, the tech has been validated by several longstanding organisations that sit atop there respective markets. All we have to do now is have the strength to hold, and remember why we bought in, in the first place.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

The comments made by Peter, around "explosive growth", which he mentioned twice, were made around mid last year and the Company had also said things like 2022 would be BrainChip's year (or the beginning of many Great and Greater years)..

This has to be taken into context though, with Putin's own idea of "explosive growth" which started earlier this year..

I think many underestimate, the effects this fool, has had on business dealings and timelines.

I still check on how it's progressing and the Ukraine, seems to be starting to slowly turn things around.

General World geopolitical stability, is a bit of a prerequisite, for heavy investment in new technologies, unless those technologies, can also benefit World geopolitical stability..

So military engagement at least, should be marching along..

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 20 users

GazDix

Regular

Some thoughts ...

How Investors Can Use Boredom Arbitrage to Profit​

- By Rupert Hargreaves

One of the easiest and yet simultaneously the most challenging ways to gain an edge over the stock market is to have a long-term investment mentality. It easy if you have the right mindset. Suppose an investor can sit and watch a stock for decades without doing anything to it. Unfortunately, this is not a mindset that all investors have - in fact, it is human nature to seek instant gratification, which can make long-term investing difficult for the majority of people.

Overcoming emotions

It's incredibly challenging to overcome one's own emotions and focus on a company's long-term potential, not its short-term stock performance. For many investors, sitting still and not doing anything, just waiting for a stock to rise in value year after year, is difficult and takes a lot of restraint. It can also seem lazy.

Investors are constantly bombarded with information and stories from the financial world. These can be anything from the latest trading update of a high-profile business to the performance of one of the world's best hedge funds. Unfortunately, this consistent newsflow can produce a fear of missing out. It's something I have suffered from, and I know I'm not alone.

Boredom arbitrage

So, why do investors try to beat the market by trying to time the market? One answer to this is boredom and a belief they could do better. Boredom can explain a lot of unwise financial decisions.

However, it's also something investors can take advantage of if they know where to look. Several years ago, hedge fund Logo's Capital published a letter which contained a quote presented by Christoper Mayer:

The concept of boredom arbitrage is something that has always fascinated me. There's a tremendous amount of evidence which supports the notion that investors can gain an edge over the market by embracing boredom. Some great examples include Berkshire, Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) and Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT).

These stocks have been some of the best investments to own over the past 20 to 30 years, but they've suffered significant drawdowns during that period. I don't have the exact figures, but I'm willing to bet that there's only a tiny percentage of investors still holding these companies today that bought 20 to 30 years ago.

The concept of boredom arbitrage is very similar to the idea of time arbitrage. In a market constantly dominated by short-term performance metrics, investors can gain an edge by focusing on a company's long-term potential rather than its quarterly profit growth. Buying when investor sentiment takes a negative look at companies with a long-term competitive advantage can lead to market-beating returns over the years. These concepts are not straightforward to implement. However, just by being aware of them, it is easier to prepare a defence.
Love this write up. Thanks for sharing Quiltman.

A few practical measures I use to also maintain and keep a long term mindset are:

1. Study business. Understand how businesses grow and how they operate. Just a HSC/VCE Business Studies textbook is sufficient enough. If you know what a business must do and how it can grow, you also learn that the SP has a very different agenda than the growth and fundamentals of a business. I see many posters worrying about revenue here, but Brainchip will not just generate revenue like most other companies would seeing its cost of goods produced is basically 0 seeing our sales will be IP mostly (also risk free too). Operating profit will come sooner than many who studied old school accounting based on non tech business would think.

2. Study basic finance. Understand that there are manipulations at play. Look at the top 20 shareholders / shares on issue. Brainchip has a lot more institutions now than 3/4 years ago there. Why? They are hedging it could be big.

3. Diversify. Even for fun. With profits I earned from other investments I put a small bit in crypto with a mindset I would lose it. Actually, it was an investment to get my worries away from my larger investments (like BRN) and focus and study something volatile and dynamic. I am really down on my crypto portfolio, like many are I guess! Haha, but that investment was getting my emotions away from the boredom that could set in.

Take care all, gonna be a good future.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users

Tothemoon24

Regular
I am with you ND. The 3-4 years may be the case if your IP offered an upgrade or variation on what was previously available. But with AKIDA we are re-writing the rule book. I for one believe that that would put a rocket up any timeframe to market.

IMO we are on track, the tech has been validated by several longstanding organisations that sit atop there respective markets. All we have to do now is have the strength to hold, and remember why we bought in, in the first place.
Totally agree with you , this company is on track to stardom.

For me the partnership with Arm is the icing on the cake ,

Brainchip ARMed & Dangerous

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users
Chippers,

tweet

Boeing Space @BoeingSpace

Our team built the 212 foot @NASA-SLS core stage, which houses the propulsion and flight systems for the #Artemis I mission to the moon .
with the core stage fully intergrated with NASA_Orion spacecraft, the launch vehicle stands at 322 - feet tall.

View attachment 14489
12:39 pm Aug 17th 2022

Just need an avid Brainchip holder to jump the boundry fence , scale the tower and stick a brainchip sticker on the nose cone.

This one blasts off soon.

Regards,
Esq.

* I am learning how to cut and past.
Best can do on short notice Esq :)

1660879826568.png

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 46 users
D

Deleted member 118

The sellers are relentless

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
I've received a reply from the ASX regarding BRN. It looks like they are coming close to rectifying why BRN has not been included in the daily asx200 top gainers/losers list
Screenshot_20220819-145328.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 51 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
The sellers are relentless

Still low volume mate. Lowest volumes we've seen for a while (see chart below).

While it hasn't been nice seeing the price drop from $1.28 near the end of July to where we are at the moment, I am happy to drop on low volume. Remember that for every seller there is a buyer. Hopefully the shares are falling into long term holders hands, reducing liquidity. When the revenue starts to flow, everyone will want a piece and the shares will be trading at a premium!

1660888264566.png

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
Afternoon Chippers,

Might see some action in the after market period.

Several largeish orders magically appeared at close.

Regards,
Esq.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users
Reactions: 1 users

VictorG

Sorry if has been rooster previously….. Potential competitor here??

Yes, different chip. It will challenge Akida in about.. never..

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
Top Bottom