BRN Discussion Ongoing

GStocks123

Regular
Sheesh!!! Did someone mess up. 11.5 instead of 1.15?
Must’ve 😂

Reactions: 2 users

uiux

Regular
Am I nailing "human emotions" @BaconLover ? I've been practicing!

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users

Townyj

Ermahgerd
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Bravo you''ve been in there more than not of late.... lol

might be time to at least get a chair in there or something....

View attachment 13868

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.37.01 am.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 17 users

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

I should be able to get a few brownie points up my sleeve with this post! 🤞🤟

Mercedes-Benz pairs with game engine developer for MB.OS

Jack Quick
Journalist
Published
9 August 2022, 1:30 pm

Mercedes-Benz has partnered with software company Unity Technologies to power the infotainment elements in its upcoming Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MB.OS).

Unity says its software engine will give future Mercedes-Benz vehicles infotainment displays with “stunning graphics and interactivity with speed and performance”.

Industry Technologies is best known for developing the game engine used in Pokémon Go, Monument Valley and Cuphead. The latter of these games has been ported to the Tesla infotainment system and can be played in the car.

The US-based software company also develops “real-time 3D” technology that’s used in a range of design and engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, and service and operations applications.

https://images.carexpert.com.au/res...des-Benz-Vision-EQXX-Unity-infotainment-4.jpg
  • Vision EQXX

Mercedes-Benz AG developers will use Unity Industrial Collection to create the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) for the MB.OS Human Machine Interface (HMI), which is another term for instrument cluster and infotainment screen.

Meet the all-new Nissan Qashqai demonstrating a bold stance with sharp LED lighting and striking alloy wheels. With its roomy interior in an aerodynamic and compact body, the QASHQAI once again brings a new vision to the small SUV market. Coming soon - Reserve Your Car

This new infotainment operating system was previewed with the Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX electric research prototype.

Unity Technologies was chosen by Mercedes-Benz as its HMI developer platform of choice “following a rigorous, comprehensive evaluation process against competing real-time 3D and HMI development solutions”.

It’s believed one of the competitor companies Mercedes-Benz looked into was Epic Games with its Unreal Engine which is going to power future Volvo infotainment systems.

Unity Technologies says its “leadership in real-time 3D development” will allow Mercedes to potentially implement 3D avatars that can act as “digital butlers”, along with 3D maps, and artificial intelligence (AI) that can change vehicle settings.

The first Mercedes-Benz vehicles running MB.OS will debut in 2024. It will eventually populate throughout the rest of the Mercedes-Benz range.

The first vehicles featuring MB.OS will be built on the new MMA small car platform, which is going to underpin four new vehicles.

This new platform may be the last to be introduced with the option of internal combustion power, as from 2025 onwards Mercedes-Benz has said all new platforms will be electric-only.
These other electric platforms include the MB.EA architecture for medium to large vehicles, AMG.EA for performance cars, and VAN.EA for vans.

In addition, Mercedes-Benz has previously confirmed it’s going to be trimming the number of small models its offers while releasing more high-end vehicles as it targets higher margins.

The company says it anticipates “disproportionate growth” in what it calls its Top-End vehicle segment, citing a 40 per cent increase in S-Class sales last year plus “record” Mercedes-Maybach sales.

This internal segment comprises all Mercedes-AMG and Mercedes-Maybach vehicles, as well as the G-Class and essentially everything with an S: GLS, EQS, EQS SUV and S-Class.

https://images.carexpert.com.au/res...2/05/Screen-Shot-2022-05-20-at-2.01.15-pm.png
Mercedes-Benz is also going to cut its range of Entry Luxury models from seven to four, though it isn’t leaving this part of the market.

The company says these changes will “reposition Mercedes-Benz in the segment, honing in more precisely on the wishes of discerning customers”.

Mercedes-Benz also still plans to go EV-only by 2030, albeit with the “wherever market conditions allow” disclaimer, and aims to be CO2-neutral by 2039.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 70 users

Shadow59

Regular
I should be able to get a few brownie points up my sleeve with this post! 🤞🤟

Mercedes-Benz pairs with game engine developer for MB.OS

Jack Quick
Journalist
Published
9 August 2022, 1:30 pm

Mercedes-Benz has partnered with software company Unity Technologies to power the infotainment elements in its upcoming Mercedes-Benz Operating System (MB.OS).

Unity says its software engine will give future Mercedes-Benz vehicles infotainment displays with “stunning graphics and interactivity with speed and performance”.

Industry Technologies is best known for developing the game engine used in Pokémon Go, Monument Valley and Cuphead. The latter of these games has been ported to the Tesla infotainment system and can be played in the car.

The US-based software company also develops “real-time 3D” technology that’s used in a range of design and engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, and service and operations applications.

https://images.carexpert.com.au/res...des-Benz-Vision-EQXX-Unity-infotainment-4.jpg
  • Vision EQXX

Mercedes-Benz AG developers will use Unity Industrial Collection to create the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) for the MB.OS Human Machine Interface (HMI), which is another term for instrument cluster and infotainment screen.

Meet the all-new Nissan Qashqai demonstrating a bold stance with sharp LED lighting and striking alloy wheels. With its roomy interior in an aerodynamic and compact body, the QASHQAI once again brings a new vision to the small SUV market. Coming soon - Reserve Your Car

This new infotainment operating system was previewed with the Mercedes-Benz Vision EQXX electric research prototype.

Unity Technologies was chosen by Mercedes-Benz as its HMI developer platform of choice “following a rigorous, comprehensive evaluation process against competing real-time 3D and HMI development solutions”.

It’s believed one of the competitor companies Mercedes-Benz looked into was Epic Games with its Unreal Engine which is going to power future Volvo infotainment systems.

Unity Technologies says its “leadership in real-time 3D development” will allow Mercedes to potentially implement 3D avatars that can act as “digital butlers”, along with 3D maps, and artificial intelligence (AI) that can change vehicle settings.

The first Mercedes-Benz vehicles running MB.OS will debut in 2024. It will eventually populate throughout the rest of the Mercedes-Benz range.

The first vehicles featuring MB.OS will be built on the new MMA small car platform, which is going to underpin four new vehicles.

This new platform may be the last to be introduced with the option of internal combustion power, as from 2025 onwards Mercedes-Benz has said all new platforms will be electric-only.
These other electric platforms include the MB.EA architecture for medium to large vehicles, AMG.EA for performance cars, and VAN.EA for vans.

In addition, Mercedes-Benz has previously confirmed it’s going to be trimming the number of small models its offers while releasing more high-end vehicles as it targets higher margins.

The company says it anticipates “disproportionate growth” in what it calls its Top-End vehicle segment, citing a 40 per cent increase in S-Class sales last year plus “record” Mercedes-Maybach sales.

This internal segment comprises all Mercedes-AMG and Mercedes-Maybach vehicles, as well as the G-Class and essentially everything with an S: GLS, EQS, EQS SUV and S-Class.

https://images.carexpert.com.au/res...2/05/Screen-Shot-2022-05-20-at-2.01.15-pm.png
Mercedes-Benz is also going to cut its range of Entry Luxury models from seven to four, though it isn’t leaving this part of the market.

The company says these changes will “reposition Mercedes-Benz in the segment, honing in more precisely on the wishes of discerning customers”.

Mercedes-Benz also still plans to go EV-only by 2030, albeit with the “wherever market conditions allow” disclaimer, and aims to be CO2-neutral by 2039.

HI Bravo, here's 3 for you
brownie.JPG

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Dozzaman1977

Regular
Its been three months since MOSCHIP and Brainchip did a demonstration together. Its still proudly displayed on MOSCHIPS website.
Surely they must be close to becoming an official partner of Brainchip!!!!!!!

seinfeld talker GIF

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 11-00-13 Press & News - MosChip Technologies Limited.png
    Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 11-00-13 Press & News - MosChip Technologies Limited.png
    756.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 26 users
With Numem and Intellisense, appears both formal in last couple months...late May and late July.

Know we know of them but couldn't recall if confirmation posted previously.

Screenshot_2022-08-11-08-50-22-59_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-11-08-52-35-95_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-11-08-51-46-41_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg
Screenshot_2022-08-11-08-52-03-89_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users
Cant access their page

Los Alamos National Laboratory, now where have I heard that before 🤔

_20220811_104015.JPG

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Sheesh!!! Did someone mess up. 11.5 instead of 1.15?
Even worse; $0.115 would have been a believable bid, with previous close of $0.088—only 806 shares traded so far. Could have been a single trade though, but who had the sells in so high?

Reactions: 4 users

uiux

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users

SERA2g

Founding Member
I have no idea how to word any of my opinions gracefully so please don't execute me

And I'm def not saying we are 100% not in that project - just we don't know
Hi U bby xx

Sandwich your opinions. Warm, technical, warm.

I’ve given you the solution. It’s time to implement!

With love,

SERA2g

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 29 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Renesas has developed a ready-to-use home appliance reference design to help you save development time and get to market faster. The RA2E1 high performance, low power MCU is at the heart of the design, which offers cost and space-savings by providing proximity capacitive touch control with high sensitivity and high noise immunity in a single chip. The high sensitivity of the capacitive touch control enables contactless operation from 15mm away, which is becoming increasingly important in our society today. The Renesas ZMOD4410 indoor air quality sensor, HS3001 temperature and humidity sensor combined with a partner’s thermopile, enables environmental gas sensing (TVOC/IAQ/Odor), temperature and humidity sensing, and temperature mapping from several meters away. An additional function of this reference design is an alarm, which operates using an internal oscillator and directly drives the LED using high current IO, eliminating the need for an external oscillator or LED driver.

The combined operation of sensor control, contactless operation, LED lighting and buzzer output, makes this reference design ideal for home appliances such as range hoods, air conditioners and air purifiers, among others.

Visit the reference design page and download the sample software to jump start your next home appliance design.​
Shorten Development Time by 20% or More with our Ready-to-Use Home Appliance Reference Design​

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users

Makeme 2020

Regular

Tiny optical sensors could put an end to hospital bed sores​

SHARE PRINT
10 August 2022
hospital-bed_500x500.jpg
Smart bed sensors embedded in hospital mattresses could stop pressure sores.
Tiny smart bed sensors embedded in hospital mattresses could put an end to painful and potentially life-threatening pressure sores, thanks to new technology developed by the University of South Australia.
UniSA scientists have designed minute optical fibre sensors, which can be attached to the upper surface of a mattress to monitor movement and record heart and respiratory rates.
The unobtrusive sensors can detect when a hospital patient turns over, leaves a bed, or just remains motionless, picking up their breathing.
Nurses can therefore be remotely alerted if a patient has not moved within a couple of hours, prompting them to adjust the patient’s position.
Lead researcher Dr Stephen Warren-Smith says the technology could “significantly relieve” the burden on hospital staff having to constantly monitor patients for pressure sores.
“Each year, thousands of older Australians in hospitals and nursing homes experience pressure injuries, or ulcers, which take a long time to heal and can be fatal,” Dr Warren-Smith says.
“At the very least these injuries can cause severe pain, disrupt sleep, affect their mood as well as their rehabilitation, mobility and quality of life.”
Unlike the sensors that many people wear on their wrists to monitor physical activity and physiological signs, the optical fibre sensors are embedded in the same space as a person, but not on them physically.
Hospitals currently use weight-based sensors or cameras installed in the room to monitor patients, but both have limitations, Dr Warren-Smith says.
“Existing weight-based hospital sensors cannot predict when a patient leaves the bed until their feet touch the floor, leaving little time for nursing staff to respond in the event of a fall. Also, there are privacy issues with camera-based technology.”
The optical fibre sensors are sensitive enough to record heart and respiration rates and can detect whether a person is in the bed, even if they remain stationary for long periods.
“Respiration rates are often the first sign that a patient is deteriorating. This normally requires devices to be attached to the patient, either on the chest, as a mask on the face, or ventilator. These can be restrictive and sometimes inappropriate in an aged care setting.
“Monitoring vital signs continuously, unobtrusively and cheaply via the mattress-embedded sensors is a far better solution for both patient and nurse,” Dr Warren-Smith says.
The technology is explained in a recent paper published in the Journal of Biomedical Optics.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Shorten Development Time by 20% or More with our Ready-to-Use Home Appliance Reference Design​
Renesas has developed a ready-to-use home appliance reference design to help you save development time and get to market faster. The RA2E1 high performance, low power MCU is at the heart of the design, which offers cost and space-savings by providing proximity capacitive touch control with high sensitivity and high noise immunity in a single chip. The high sensitivity of the capacitive touch control enables contactless operation from 15mm away, which is becoming increasingly important in our society today. The Renesas ZMOD4410 indoor air quality sensor, HS3001 temperature and humidity sensor combined with a partner’s thermopile, enables environmental gas sensing (TVOC/IAQ/Odor), temperature and humidity sensing, and temperature mapping from several meters away. An additional function of this reference design is an alarm, which operates using an internal oscillator and directly drives the LED using high current IO, eliminating the need for an external oscillator or LED driver.

The combined operation of sensor control, contactless operation, LED lighting and buzzer output, makes this reference design ideal for home appliances such as range hoods, air conditioners and air purifiers, among others.

Visit the reference design page and download the sample software to jump start your next home appliance design.​
Could prove to be very popular in public places where people don't want to touch things in these days of covid and any other nasties that may hanging around.

Reactions: 12 users

Bravo

I'm NOT saying this is us ...but you never know.. that is unless you cop a bop on the noggin from the resident ogre's wooden club or if you find yourself being served (very sensitively I might add) a volley of verbal origami from Ubby xx...then you know the chances are extremely high that it's not us.

PS:Will need to look into Ensuite a bit more to see what I can ascertain.
PPS: Foxconn has announced a manufacturing agreement with Monarch Tractor.
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.15.19 am.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I'm NOT saying this is us ...but you never know.. that is unless you cop a bop on the noggin from the resident ogre's wooden club or if you find yourself being served (very sensitively I might add) a volley of verbal origami from Ubby xx...then you know the chances are extremely high that it's not us.

View attachment 13880

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Quiltman

Regular

View attachment 13880

Good on you @Bravo , you remind me of "Whac a Mole" !!

1660182839396.png

However, all these applications you are finding for Edge AI and SNN, several a day, across numerous industries, tells me the snowball for Edge Ai and neuromorphic engineering was unleashed at least12 months ago, and the world is now starting to hear about it. We will not be in every application of Edge AI, but you can bet your cotton socks we will end up being in enough to satisfy every BRN holder reading these threads.

So keep up the great work ... it's a win win as far as I'm concerned ... eventually it's just a numbers game !

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Top Bottom