BRN Discussion Ongoing

Potato

Regular
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Potato

Regular
Did management say we were gonna list in the US?

robsmark

Regular
Did management say we were gonna list in the US?
Last AGM it was said they haven’t considered listing on the NASDAQ, but BRN is available OTC in the US.

Reactions: 6 users

dippY22

Regular
I wonder if Spencer Collins's appointment to ARM has anything to do with the potential creation of a consortium of companies who have expressed a desire to strike a deal with SoftBank to acquire ARM - companies such as Qualcomm, Intel and Samsung????

The ramifications of a consortium such as this being formed would be MASSIVE for BrainChip IMO. 🥳

Dear Bravo, if time permits this weekend would you please provide a few reasons why, in your opinion, such a consortium would have MASSIVE ramifications for Brainchip? My immediate reaction after reading that comment was, "oh oh ...., that doesn't sound good", but then I enlarged your emoji and calmed myself.

So, ....care to explain the ramifications? I promise I won't hold you accountable for any of them actually coming to fruition. I would just like to hear someone such as yourself who I respect, admire and follow, opine on your "massive ramifications for Brainchip" phrase, especially after the Friday we all just lived through.

I could use a few reasons to bring out my own "hats and horns". Thanks, and regards, ..... dippY

Reactions: 5 users

Xhosa12345

Regular
A general warning folks. Watch out for high d's. Not just here, but in life (google it in a psychologist sense)
Imo

Reactions: 1 users
Spent over half an hour, trying to find the post to reference, but couldn't 🙄..

Someone who is not a regular poster, said on Friday, something to the effect of..

"Maybe this shorting attack, was a necessity, or an all out act of desperation, because the shorters had no choice!"

Well I only just thought to check and there were close to 3.3 million shorts taken out on Thursday.
That's the most I've seen, since monitoring it, the last few days.

Friday's shocker was a supreme act of desperation.

We must have been very close, to what would have been a violent short squeeze, on the 70 to 80 million shorts trapped under 90 cents.

With the big lead from US markets, it was pretty much, do or die on Friday, for the shorters.

Hold tight to your shares, don't set stop losses (which pro money can see) if you see long term value here and we can Smash this current crop of shorters!

Shorters are like predatory maggots, who prey on weak companies and weak retail.

BrainChip, is not a weak Company, so if there is weak retail, the share price, will see further weakness.

But only the share price!

Good Fortune to All Holders!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 71 users
D

Deleted member 118

I had a good day yesterday, brought some shares at the top, then brought some more when they were down 10%. Quids in if you ask me.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users
D

Deleted member 118

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Good morning

We're concentrated on the SP while they build the business.

Bromance continues...

Screenshot_20220730-053453_Twitter~2.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

Someone who is not a regular poster, said on Friday, something to the effect of..

"Maybe this shorting attack, was a necessity, or an all out act of desperation, because the shorters had no choice!"

Well I only just thought to check and there were close to 3.3 million shorts taken out on Thursday.

We must have been very close, to what would have been a violent short squeeze, on the 70 to 80 million shorts trapped under 90 cents.

With the big lead from US markets, it was pretty much, do or die on Friday, for the shorters.

Hold tight to your shares, don't set stop losses (which pro money can see) if you see long term value here and we can Smash this current crop of shorters!

Shorters are like predatory maggots, who prey on weak companies and weak retail.

BrainChip, is not a weak Company, so if there is weak retail, the share price, will see further weakness.

Yesterday SP trading for BRN followed along the same sharp pull back that some other key tech stocks sufferred with as well and these were typically the stocks that have had a run of 50% to 200% gain in the last month. That is a great run.

The SP cant keep going up in a fairly straight line up with no pull backs like this when there is no further as yet news to be had. Just the nature of stocks and no one should be worried....it's just expected at some point.

Does not mean it won''t keep going up but at some point but it needs a breather to consolidate plus we also need more larger news ....which we know will come in the next 6 months (deals or dollars shown).

It's all just a matter of time for multi dollar SP movements, we just need more news. Chin up all!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 36 users
Nothing wrong with US markets at the moment, they showed a very strong performance again overnight and gained in a more stable manner.

_20220730_065437.JPG
_20220730_065412.JPG

Any weakness Monday, will be shorters, or piss weak retail.

If the shorters don't get volume selling, the "share price" can ride this out to new highs, thanks to them.

It will be buying opportunities, for anybody who believes in the future of this Company and AKIDA.

Believe in something, at least!..

Good Fortune to All Holders 👍

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users
F

Filobeddo

The glory that is delayed gratification.
The closest most of us will ever get to having our cake and eating it too. :love:
As crappy and as rigged as our ASX market system is, it has made me richer than I would ever have got on wages alone.
Have spent the better part of the last 10 years putting off sugar hits and buying in to set myself up.
A trick I learnt later in life, but has allowed me to finish with my day job a bit earlier than otherwise would have been possible and will allow a life in retirement that otherwise would only have been a dream.
Days like today are crap, but in the scheme of things are no big deal. Zoom out on your charts timeframe for a little perspective. :cool:
Hanging out and in there for the divvies stream to come, so I can bask in the glow of my ever growing, self sustaining pile of marshmallows whilst feasting on that big rock candy mountain crapped out twice a year.....:ROFLMAO:
Bring it, Brainchip.

Love that post Hop, one of the best I’ve seen on this forum 👏

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Yesterday SP trading for BRN followed along the same sharp pull back that some other key tech stocks sufferred with as well and these were typically the stocks that have had a run of 50% to 200% gain in the last month. That is a great run.

The SP cant keep going up in a fairly straight line up with no pull backs like this when there is no further as yet news to be had. Just the nature of stocks and no one should be worried....it's just expected at some point.

Does not mean it won''t keep going up but at some point but it needs a breather to consolidate plus we also need more larger news ....which we know will come in the next 6 months (deals or dollars shown).

It's all just a matter of time for multi dollar SP movements, we just need more news. Chin up all!
"Yesterday SP trading for BRN followed along the same sharp pull back that some other key tech stocks sufferred with as well and these were typically the stocks that have had a run of 50% to 200% gain in the last month. That is a great run"

For these other key tech stocks, you speak of, to also have had a strong pull back, in what should have been an excellent "trading" environment..
Suggests to me, that there may also have been shorting positions in trouble on those stocks.

BrainChip, is many peoples "investing World" so some may perceive that just we alone, are being onslaughted by these organisations...

The shorters trapped below 90 cents on BRN, are likely in the shit, in multiple positions in the Australian Tech market, due to stronger markets and the CHIP Act.

For the ASX to not publish us as Top Gainers on the ASX200, on at least 3 separate occasions, is not just fishy, it is a fish!

As is their reply to a shareholder query, of it...
"Duh? We don't know.. Is BRN even in the ASX200? We'll check.."

It would be more than a little interesting, to see if some of these other companies, had similar ASX amnesic episodes, as to their inclusion, in the ASX200...

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users
F

Filobeddo

"Yesterday SP trading for BRN followed along the same sharp pull back that some other key tech stocks sufferred with as well and these were typically the stocks that have had a run of 50% to 200% gain in the last month. That is a great run"

For these other key tech stocks, you speak of, to also have had a strong pull back, in what should have been an excellent "trading" environment..
Suggests to me, that there may also have been shorting positions in trouble on those stocks.

BrainChip, is many peoples "investing World" so some may perceive that just we alone, are being onslaughted by these organisations...

The shorters trapped below 90 cents on BRN, are likely in the shit, in multiple positions in the Australian Tech market, due to stronger markets and the CHIP Act.

For the ASX to not publish us as Top Gainers on the ASX200, on at least 3 separate occasions, is not just fishy, it is a fish!

As is their reply to a shareholder query, of it...

It would be more than a little interesting, to see if some of these other companies, had similar ASX amnesic episodes, as to their inclusion, in the ASX200...[/QOUTE]

The question I’m asking myself is why wasn’t the company itself onto the ASX? …they should be all over that, it should Not take the forum to pick that up

Or doesn’t it matter 🤔

The question I'm asking myself is, why wasn't the company itself onto the ASX?... they should be all over that & it should not take the forum to pick that up & also followup

Or doesn't it matter? 🤔 …….. appears not

PS But please bring on the excuses, I’m all ears

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

As is their reply to a shareholder query, of it.

It would be more than a little interesting, to see if some of these other companies, had similar ASX amnesiac episodes, as to their inclusion, in the ASX200...
Totally agree that there are shorters trying to protect their position in these stocks, but there is always big games being played with stocks that move around in price a lot and these typically are stocks in the asx300 who are not showing a profit yet. As they are the ones the most positivity and the also the most doubt can be cast on those stocks to move the price around!

In short - there are many “players” (insto’s and others) in the market playing at their own games and all on different time scales. Some are only in for the day, others the week, others a month or others longer. Some of these are big enough to either push the price up or push the price down to suit their whim and we have to deal with this if you are a retail holder, like me we are just minnows in the insto world. Shorters will always be there and their length of stay will all be varying depending on many many elements.

Yesterday some of us knew that if we could break through $1.35/1.36 area in quite a convincing way then we had a chance to move to $1.50 but it was swatted down again.(at this point) I sort of expected it at this point base on us moving up over 50% In the last month but I was also hoping an insto investor may drive the price further but it was too much to ask on Friday. As in the end when a stock runs very hard it is easy to spook the buyers and make them sell and take their profits.

These same players are making their money on the daily and on the move up then turn it and make it on the way back down(shorting).

Obviously some shorters are in longer term and a movement up of 50% does not worry them as much...and as long as the company does not have a confirmed mass revenue changing announcement then they usually know they are fine.

Insto’s know BRN can’t announce much to the market due to NDA’s and they also know solid dollars will not flow through for 6 months or so ....so they know BRN stock can be a bit of a play thing for them in this interim period and we are along for the ride. Though their time is limited as some insto’s are probably also taking long term investing positions at this point readying for the next 3 to 6 months. I am hoping that can keep some forward momentum over the next 3 to 6 months. Yes the tech sector recovery is helping us, but we will always have sell downs on any stock if they run too hard...the spooking is easy for them.

All we can do as retail holders is hold long in your position until the confirmed bulk revenue changing announcements are made, that is when “players” in the market will have to reasses their position of shorting or investing in the growth of Brainchip.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 49 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

That appears to be a reasonable explanation to me.
Thanks for your thoughts DB

Reactions: 6 users

Kachoo

Regular
I feel your pain robsmark!!!, our SMSF took a huge hit, down just shy of $300k today on BRN, OUCH!!!!
Wow that hurts but moving up was nice. My mind set is i dont plan on selling any until we see double figures 10$ plus but my situation and time lone is different then other folk. My hit was bad too but not near yours. My take is we all need to look at the fundamentals and where it's going. If one needs to sell for funds well try to pick the best time.

For the issue of manipulation well if you cannacxumulate do it. The only issue I see is if we get bought out at a price that does not reflect true value that will be the biggest shame.

I wonder if this accumulation of shares is for the listing on the NASDQ. I mean one will need liquidity and the demand for the number of shares will be hire in the USA we all agreed that or price if listed on the NASDQ would be multi dollar already. I figure they would need these share to offer liquidity to buyers the comming back to Australia to get shares off the ASX. I really wonder if there has been an Australian stock then listed on the USA market how it was done?

I do believe that management us trying to do things in the best interest of the company and us share holders. It is frustrating I know. Time will tell.

Let's keep cool heads and investigate this.

Like some asked is there anyone to review the share holder registry ? I'm in Brisbane so I don't know if there is a place here.

Reactions: 13 users

Kachoo

Regular
Hey HALMAN, I'm pretty sure it was 50 million shares,, taken off of the ASX float (purchased or something, no new shares were issued) to make 1.25 million ADRs (40 shares per ADR).
The ADRs still hardly trade and there has never been more than a few thousand traded in a day.
(someone could probably easily find the figures, for how many left in the original tranche?).

The reference to Cathy, is Cathy Woods of Ark Invest.
A Very Big Tech Fund in the US.

https://ark-invest.com/

"We Invest Solely In Disruptive Innovation"
"For investors seeking long-term growth in the public markets"

Do you think we fit the bill of what they're looking for? 😛😉
I have just over 8000 ADR share yeah the liquidity is low but im holding long the thing i like was they could not be used for shorting. My plan for those is to put them on the NASDQ😁

Reactions: 11 users

CWP

Regular
Prices on the different exchanges, move a little differently, but track very closely.

The NASDAQ is the largest tech index in the World (as far as I know) and it will most likely/hopefully, be a dual listing, which means the same "float" of shares (around 1.7 billion).

So if BRN shares are valued at say US$5 on the NASDAQ, they are not going to be US$2.5 on the ASX, but they may be US$4.85 or 5.15..

Listing on the NASDAQ, opens BrainChip, up to a Global investor base and it will simply be a function of supply and demand, as to what the share price will be.

More demand, same supply..
It will also mean the shares will essentially traded 24hrs a day if you put together Australia, Germany and the US.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

JoMo68

Regular
Totally agree that there are shorters trying to protect their position in these stocks, but there is always big games being played with stocks that move around in price a lot and these typically are stocks in the asx300 who are not showing a profit yet. As they are the ones the most positivity and the also the most doubt can be cast on those stocks to move the price around!

In short - there are many “players” (insto’s and others) in the market playing at their own games and all on different time scales. Some are only in for the day, others the week, others a month or others longer. Some of these are big enough to either push the price up or push the price down to suit their whim and we have to deal with this if you are a retail holder, like me we are just minnows in the insto world. Shorters will always be there and their length of stay will all be varying depending on many many elements.

Yesterday some of us knew that if we could break through $1.35/1.36 area in quite a convincing way then we had a chance to move to $1.50 but it was swatted down again.(at this point) I sort of expected it at this point base on us moving up over 50% In the last month but I was also hoping an insto investor may drive the price further but it was too much to ask on Friday. As in the end when a stock runs very hard it is easy to spook the buyers and make them sell and take their profits.

These same players are making their money on the daily and on the move up then turn it and make it on the way back down(shorting).

Obviously some shorters are in longer term and a movement up of 50% does not worry them as much...and as long as the company does not have a confirmed mass revenue changing announcement then they usually know they are fine.

Insto’s know BRN can’t announce much to the market due to NDA’s and they also know solid dollars will not flow through for 6 months or so ....so they know BRN stock can be a bit of a play thing for them in this interim period and we are along for the ride. Though their time is limited as some insto’s are probably also taking long term investing positions at this point readying for the next 3 to 6 months. I am hoping that can keep some forward momentum over the next 3 to 6 months. Yes the tech sector recovery is helping us, but we will always have sell downs on any stock if they run too hard...the spooking is easy for them.

All we can do as retail holders is hold long in your position until the confirmed bulk revenue changing announcements are made, that is when “players” in the market will have to reasses their position of shorting or investing in the growth of Brainchip.
The company are building a forest, while some of us seem to be focussing on the trees. Days like yesterday aren’t nice, but if you believe in the company…

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users
Top Bottom