BRN Discussion Ongoing

Yak52

Regular
Sorry guys n gals but I just could not resist another pic of another DAMON motorcycle model namely the

HYPERFIGHTER. Awesome! 200 HP EV.

It even will power your house for 3 days as a reserve battery system.
The advance Electrical & Ai systems are ground breaking for a bike. Bike learns, and can change its own profile/shape/setup on the go.

And it doesn't hurt that it looks Bloody awesome too!

Damon Hyperfighter

DAMON EV Hyperfighter Motorcycle.jpg

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 34 users
bit of desert:

Thomas Hulsing
System of Systems Engineering
4 days

Industry executives and experts share their predictions 2022 : A Breakthrough Year for Artificial Intelligence https://lnkd.in/eEf-Jgx4

2022 a Breakthrough Year for AI

The after dinner Port:

Thomas Hulsing
3 days

AI Edge Computing vs. AI Cloud Computing An important and logical step is imminent that will revolutionize the use of artificial intelligence and will also accommodate data protection and privacy protection. Artificial intelligence at the edge means that data no longer gets into cloud computing like through a barn door, but data is processed locally and only targeted, context-free requests are sent to a cloud computer. For example, if you use Alexa today, then only the keyword "Alexa" will be processed locally. Everything else is processed in cloud computing and can be used for further data collection and data processing. This will no longer be possible with AI at the Edge and your data and privacy will be protected.

Reactions: 29 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Food for thought from Renesas:

Beyond the Edge: AI at the Endpoint​

Carmelo Sansone

Carmelo Sansone
Director of Strategic Business Development

With cloud computing now so ubiquitous, and edge computing so well established, why, then, is endpoint computing becoming so important?
In a word: Latency.
If we're going to make true advancements toward meaningful artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) in smart homes, smart health and smart cities, lag and latency is unacceptable.
Efficient AI inference demands efficient endpoints that can infer, pre-process, and filter data in real time. Unlike computing in the cloud or at the edge of the cloud, the endpoint represents, as Renesas CEO Hidetoshi Shibata has said, "the true point of action." For example, a home appliance that can predict when it will need maintenance, or a voice-interactive wearable that can warn a user of a possible heart anomaly, is more useful if it applies ML algorithms at the endpoint with near-zero latency.
And it is precisely at the endpoint where Renesas microcontrollers (MCUs) shine. AI models, trained on industry-standard networks, are embedded on chip to offer design engineers the performance, bandwidth, and responsiveness to effectively realize and enhance emerging smart applications. Advanced endpoint-compiler software enables customers "to test capabilities purely in the cloud before porting them over to our boards, and then, finally, to implement these seamlessly on our chips," Mr. Shibata told McKinsey analysts recently.
"While also providing the flexibility to change the functionality or algorithms," he said, "Such dynamically configurable hardware architectures let customers enjoy the benefit of hardware-processing speeds."
Indeed, users of smart homes, smart health and smart cities applications cannot or will not wait even a few milliseconds for AI data to be processed. Consequently, the latency inherent in transferring data to the cloud threatens to undermine progress in those consumer-focused areas. This may sound obvious, but few competitive MCUs are designed to enable fast processing.
As ML inference moves to device endpoints, "this integrated AI will be the foundation that powers a complex combination of 'sense' technologies to create smart applications with more natural, 'human-like' communication and interaction," Dr. Sailesh Chittipeddi, president and CEO of Renesas Electronics America, recently wrote in Embedded Computing magazine.
"In addition," wrote Dr. Chittipeddi, "A convergence of advancements around AI accelerators, adaptive and predictive control, and hardware and software for voice and vision open up new user interface capabilities for a wide range of smart devices."
Let's take a look at what those might be in the smart home, health and city segments.

Smart Home Applications​

The intelligent home is in many ways a "sensor-rich" application. Smart homes will use sensors to collect and process all manner of data, from environmental information to user activity. With the guiding principle of providing "total convenience," these applications tend to use AI for predictive analytics and for customizing user interaction with the home environment.
For example, a refrigerator will learn over time to adjust its temperature settings. Or the TV will learn to change the audio output based on what's happening in the room at the time -- so voices and music are not deafened during parties or cooking. Voice interfaces can also be used to teach or train devices, as well as to provide information when an appliance is offline.

Smart Health Applications​

Smart health applications will be even more demanding when it comes to latency. A pacemaker that can predict when a battery needs to be changed could well save lives. An electrocardiogram (ECG) sensor that can warn a user of a heart anomaly in real time could save lives as well. ML algorithms embedded in an ECG sensor could detect disruptions in heartbeat or rhythm and sound the alarm immediately.
AI algorithms are also being used to predict when an insulin pump is likely to run out of a patient's specific dosage and to anticipate when a dose is needed. Otherwise, the pump might not deliver the right dosage at the right time, putting patients at risk.

Smart City Applications​

In a smart city, sensors can collect all manner of information -- from pollution levels to traffic delays -- that could be used to forecast traffic conditions and even determine air quality alerts.
Smart city applications will be equally demanding of low latency. A smart streetlamp that can detect traffic density and adjust its brightness accordingly to prevent traffic accidents could save lives. An AI and ML-infused surveillance camera that can detect alterations in traffic flow, which may mean an accident has occurred and can alert emergency services immediately could also save lives.
In scenarios like city traffic, drivers would benefit from AI alerts that warn of slowdowns ahead. Smart parking garages could use AI algorithms to monitor a car's status and accurately charge or discharge a vehicle depending on a user's preferred levels of privacy or security.
In terms of cities and traffic control, AI algorithms embedded in smart traffic lights could similarly be able to notify drivers, pedestrians and bikers of slowing or stopping traffic ahead. Once again, the information would be relayed in near-zero latency. Smart vehicle routing -- say, to avoid heavy congestion -- may be the most challenging application of all.

Flexibility is Key​

As ML algorithms come to dominate smart home, health and city applications, the speed at which data is processed will be more critical than ever. For companies like Renesas, that means delivering the most intelligent and flexible MCUs that optimize data processing speed while also providing the flexibility to change functionality or algorithms.
The same MCU that enables fast processing today may support a completely different algorithm tomorrow. That makes the MCU platform, which includes a flexible CPU, an ideal choice for enabling endpoint ML applications.
Find the right MCU with this easy-to-use MCU selection tool, or download the Renesas MCU guide app and move your designs to the endpoint today!

HI FF,

I don't know about you, but when I was reading through this, all I could hear was "AKIDA, AKIDA, AKIDA, AKIDA".

your-lips-are-moving-but-all-i-hear-is-blah-blah-blah.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 31 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Sorry guys n gals but I just could not resist another pic of another DAMON motorcycle model namely the

HYPERFIGHTER. Awesome! 200 HP EV.

It even will power your house for 3 days as a reserve battery system.
The advance Electrical & Ai systems are ground breaking for a bike. Bike learns, and can change its own profile/shape/setup on the go.

And it doesn't hurt that it looks Bloody awesome too!

Damon Hyperfighter

View attachment 989
Nice set of wheels Buddy............

Reactions: 6 users
bit of desert:

Thomas Hulsing
4 days

Industry executives and experts share their predictions 2022 : A Breakthrough Year for Artificial Intelligence https://lnkd.in/eEf-Jgx4

And now the politically incorrect cigar on the terrace:

See discussions, stats, and author profiles for this publication at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/265669913
Eurobot Monitoring & Control Station
Article
CITATIONS
READS
8 authors, including:
Some of the authors of this publication are also working on these related projects:
Galileo View project
LUNARES - Lunar Crater Exploration Scenario View project
stéphane Estable
Airbus
14 PUBLICATIONS 224 CITATIONS
SEE PROFILE
Ingo Ahrns
Airbus DS GmbH, Bremen, Germany
20 PUBLICATIONS 151 CITATIONS
SEE PROFILE
J. Pizarro de La iglesia
European Space Agency
10 PUBLICATIONS 42 CITATIONS
SEE PROFILE
Frederic Didot
European Space Agency
32 PUBLICATIONS 378 CITATIONS
SEE PROFILE
All content following this page was uploaded by stéphane Estable on 30 June 2015.
The user has requested enhancement of the downloaded file.

Reactions: 12 users

Yak52

Regular
Nice set of wheels Buddy............
Uh Huh! BLOODY RIPPER looking bikes and the performance would be off the clock with 200hp available.
The TECH is mind blowing and again IF Akida is not on this then...........It should be. A Natural home for our AKIDA.

The world is not so boring after all. lol

Yak52

Reactions: 10 users
In my little dinner part above thanks to one of our German posters who put up the LinkedIn reference to Thomas Hulsing Systems Engineer at Airbus we have him posting an article out of Renesas about Ai at the Edge, posting a portrait photo of Peter van der Made (or his twin brother), writing that edge Ai will be in Alexa so that communications will no longer need to go to the cloud and be secure and publishing papers involving Airbus and the European Space Agency.

I think all that is now needed is a fire and comfortable high back Chesterfield leather arm chair.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 56 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Feabys at it again!

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 4.05.30 pm.png

echolalia
/ˌɛkəʊˈleɪlɪə/

noun
noun: echolalia
  1. 1.
    Psychiatry
    meaningless repetition of another person's spoken words as a symptom of psychiatric disorder.

2. 2.
    repetition of speech by a child learning to talk.
Origin
792a52231bf3f06ac7d303552a5de997ca6493e4fc86a8780be4140fe02c2135.png

late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek ēkhō ‘echo’ + lalia ‘speech’.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Must be why my follower numbers on HC have gone up even though I am not there. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Not sure if it is feaby being obsessive about brainchip or us obsessive about feaby?

We need to let it go.

let it go GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 21 users

Yak52

Regular
In my little dinner part above thanks to one of our German posters who put up the LinkedIn reference to Thomas Hulsing Systems Engineer at Airbus we have him posting an article out of Renesas about Ai at the Edge, posting a portrait photo of Peter van der Made (or his twin brother), writing that edge Ai will be in Alexa so that communications will no longer need to go to the cloud and be secure and publishing papers involving Airbus and the European Space Agency.

I think all that is now needed is a fire and comfortable high back Chesterfield leather arm chair.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Ok...... FF here is some more to add to your posts. Some EXTRA wood to put on that FIRE!

Thomas Hülsing​

System-of-Systems Engineering​

Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg, Deutschland​

You might be interested to know that BADEN-WURTTEMBERG is a "suburb" of STUTTGART in Bavaria, just happens to be where MERCEDES BENZ and BMW are based. MERC Museum is quite outstanding and worth the visit also. :)

Yak52.

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 35 users

Chilling

Please make sure you subscribe to the Rask newsletter and report it as the spam it is.

BaconLover

Founding Member
Please make sure you subscribe to the Rask newsletter and report it as the spam it is.
So they get our personal details?
Don't think so. No way I trust that pest.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

wilzy123

Founding Member
Feabys at it again!

View attachment 991

echolalia
/ˌɛkəʊˈleɪlɪə/

noun
noun: echolalia
  1. 1.
    Psychiatry
    meaningless repetition of another person's spoken words as a symptom of psychiatric disorder.

2. 2.
    repetition of speech by a child learning to talk.
Origin
792a52231bf3f06ac7d303552a5de997ca6493e4fc86a8780be4140fe02c2135.png

late 19th century: modern Latin, from Greek ēkhō ‘echo’ + lalia ‘speech’.
Who cares? :cool:

margarito-dance.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Ok...... FF here is some more to add to your posts. Some EXTRA wood to put on that FIRE!

Thomas Hülsing​

System-of-Systems Engineering​

Konstanz, Baden-Württemberg, Deutschland​

You might be interested to know that BADEN-WURTTEMBERG is a "suburb" of STUTTGART in Bavaria, just happens to be where MERCEDES BENZ and BMW are based. MERC Museum is quite outstanding and worth the visit also. :)

Yak52.
I found some hardwood logs to split as well. Thomas Hulsing published a paper in 2006 when employed at Astrium and if you read the following though there are many more articles and links confirming the Wiki entry he moved with Astrium through the corporate changes to Airbus Defence and Space.
So what it tells me about Thomas Hulsing is that he is not just any old Systems Engineer but he is a very well connected individual in this space and he is stalking Peter van der Made, Renesas, Alexa and Edge Ai and making some pretty solid statements around what is happening:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to navigationJump to search
Astrium
ASTRIUM EADS Company Logo 3D Blue Strap.jpg
IndustrySpace industry, Space tourism
PredecessorEADS Space
FoundedDecember 2006
FounderEADS
Defunct2013
SuccessorAirbus Defence and Space
HeadquartersParis
France
Revenue 5.8 billion (2012)
Number of employees18,000 (as of 2012)
ParentEADS
Websitewww.astrium.eads.net
Astrium was an aerospace manufacturer subsidiary of the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Company (EADS) that provided civil and military space systems and services from 2006 to 2013. In 2012, Astrium had a turnover of €5.8 billion and 18,000 employees in France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Spain and the Netherlands. Astrium was a member of Institute of Space, its Applications and Technologies.
In late 2013 Astrium was merged with Cassidian, the defence division of EADS and Airbus Military to form Airbus Defence and Space.[1] EADS itself was reorganized as the Airbus Group, with three divisions that include Airbus, Airbus Defence and Space, and Airbus Helicopters.[1]

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 31 users

JohnMaz

Emerged
@Fact Finder - When we talk about latency, I suspect we are talking about things that are affected by the current latency of internet connections, and the processing time of a cloud computing resource. These are likely to be less than 1 second. So I suspect Akida wins for applications where something is very immediate.

Current ping times (round trip delay of packets to and from the internet) for 4/5G Mobile networks are approx 30-50mS, compared to say a fixed leased line that's 8mS, and normal broadband (the sort of hing you have at home or a small business is around 20-50mS. Also, If you happen to drive through a black spot and there is no signal, then a connection might not get through within a few seconds or more.

So a low battery monitor, whilst critical in terms of minutes isn't too time sensitive even for a heart monitor and can be easily detected with normal analogue electronics anyway, whereas vehicle detecting an obstacle whilst driving through heavy traffic requires complex processing and every mS counts. Akida is also beneficial where you don't really need, or can't have an internet connection at all. Personally I see absolutely no reason why a washing machine needs an internet connection. For example a washing machine with a mechanical timer, Doesn't really wash any better than one with the latest microprocessor. I can't say my clothes are any better washed now than they were 50 years ago, although the machine is a little quieter and probably uses a little less water. Whereas being able to listen to Spotify on an iphone in the Car, or any digital channel is a far cry from just being able to listen to a valve radio that would only pick up BBC Radio 2 on long wave. Also the fact that my VW a Passatt car will sense danger and brake before I can react, along with intelligent cruise control is a huge step forwards compared to the original 1974 Passatt (a even bigger step if you compared to the 1974 VW's. with what else was about at the time (e.g Vauxhall Viva, Morris Marina etc)). Some technology makes a huge difference other stuff is purely for show. E.g Alex and smart speakers with a voice assistant don't really improve your life, they are simply annoying, and I don't have any, and turn off Siri on my phone, but the fact you can stream audio and play it through a high end amp and speakers is revolutionary. I think it's a matter of what is a gimmick and what has real value.

Reactions: 25 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
... and a decanter of port.

Reactions: 9 users
@Fact Finder - When we talk about latency, I suspect we are talking about things that are affected by the current latency of internet connections, and the processing time of a cloud computing resource. These are likely to be less than 1 second. So I suspect Akida wins for applications where something is very immediate.

Current ping times (round trip delay of packets to and from the internet) for 4/5G Mobile networks are approx 30-50mS, compared to say a fixed leased line that's 8mS, and normal broadband (the sort of hing you have at home or a small business is around 20-50mS. Also, If you happen to drive through a black spot and there is no signal, then a connection might not get through within a few seconds or more.

So a low battery monitor, whilst critical in terms of minutes isn't too time sensitive even for a heart monitor and can be easily detected with normal analogue electronics anyway, whereas vehicle detecting an obstacle whilst driving through heavy traffic requires complex processing and every mS counts. Akida is also beneficial where you don't really need, or can't have an internet connection at all. Personally I see absolutely no reason why a washing machine needs an internet connection. For example a washing machine with a mechanical timer, Doesn't really wash any better than one with the latest microprocessor. I can't say my clothes are any better washed now than they were 50 years ago, although the machine is a little quieter and probably uses a little less water. Whereas being able to listen to Spotify on an iphone in the Car, or any digital channel is a far cry from just being able to listen to a valve radio that would only pick up BBC Radio 2 on long wave. Also the fact that my VW a Passatt car will sense danger and brake before I can react, along with intelligent cruise control is a huge step forwards compared to the original 1974 Passatt (a even bigger step if you compared to the 1974 VW's. with what else was about at the time (e.g Vauxhall Viva, Morris Marina etc)). Some technology makes a huge difference other stuff is purely for show. E.g Alex and smart speakers with a voice assistant don't really improve your life, they are simply annoying, and I don't have any, and turn off Siri on my phone, but the fact you can stream audio and play it through a high end amp and speakers is revolutionary. I think it's a matter of what is a gimmick and what has real value.
Do not disagree with what you are putting but I would say on some of these less critical luxury items the fact that they are using bandwidth at ever increasing rates is the issue that Brainchip speaks too and so while Siri (which I also have off) it may perform acceptably at this point in time but as more and more IOT and edge devices come on line as predicted bandwidth will struggle.

Connection and latency even in my suburb of Sydney is flaky to say the least and a walk from my house to the carport can be sufficient to interfere with connection. If as apparently is coming when I get in my car I loose connection and my car cannot identify me and start until connection is restored I may not die or suffer injury but I will become increasingly annoyed.

I will not be particularly appeased if I ring Mercedes about the problem to be told sorry its all the vacuum cleaners, washing machines and fridges, gamers and micro waves taking up bandwidth in your area causing the delay.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 32 users

Tony Coles

Regular
It depends where the stock lives. ASX will be delayed, Chi-x instant. In the future I will be able to get instant from both, but there is a significant cost to license it from the ASX.
Don’t worry about it mate, it’s good as it is and save the licence cost, 20 minute delay is normal on all sites. zeeb0t, just having the stock exchange up and running the way it is, that’s enough thanks again on behalf of all the members on here.

• Fire
Reactions: 43 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Just a little write up about us

Aussie's in the race to deliver AI-on-chip​

post-image

This year's CES saw Aussie Brainchip Holdings announce its partnership with Mercedes-Benz to deploy its AI-at the edge chip to manage the voice control system in new model EQXX. The chipset is said to be 5-10x more energy efficient. The latest AI and silicon developments come off the back of recent commercialisation of their new products & research collaboration with Air Force Research Laboratory. The new neural network processor is being designed to execute machine learning models more efficiently (event driven and energy). Other use cases including cyber security (anomaly detection for IoT?) are being explored.

• Fire
Reactions: 59 users
Top Bottom