BRN Discussion Ongoing

kenjikool

Regular
I've held off buying more shares, my thoughts are/were that we would se a pullback. I said to myself, you have enough to make yourself millions if it all goes to plan, so don't get FOMO or do anything silly. I love looking at my average and the % gain. However with the uncertainty in the market and the Ukraine shit going down, I have just put a few $$$ to the side and will look at another parcel to buy. Watching and waiting.

Reactions: 16 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
... and the system learns about the likes and preferences of the driver.
Ha! I have been learning Spanish for about three years and can read it perfectly (perfecto) Me gusto mucho!
Muy Bien :)

Reactions: 5 users

Bernster

Emerged
I've held off buying more shares, my thoughts are/were that we would se a pullback. I said to myself, you have enough to make yourself millions if it all goes to plan, so don't get FOMO or do anything silly. I love looking at my average and the % gain. However with the uncertainty in the market and the Ukraine shit going down, I have just put a few $$$ to the side and will look at another parcel to buy. Watching and waiting.
Im taking advantage of the fall and buying more. $1.53-$1.55 seemed like a nice entry for a few more to the pile! B

Reactions: 6 users

jk6199

Regular
Interesting markets today!

I remember someone saying there may be some possibly interesting ads with the Superbowl on today?

Let's hope so.

MDhere

Regular
I posted the below article on Hotcrapper - I cut and pasted the below information from an anonymous article. I have highlighted the Akida alongside the Arm Cortex M4 core.
Does this mean Brainchip and ARM are in business together?
Please forgive my ignorance as I am not an AI technical savy engineer.
Or is this just run of the norm standard business below?

BrainChip's$499 Akida AI Board Goes Solo

By IanEvenden published 20 days ago

TheAKD1000 neuromorphic processor from BrainChip can now be bought as a Mini PCIecard instead of a bundle.

(Imagecredit: BrainChip)

The Akida Mini PCIe board from BrainChip, which allows the creation and control of a spiking neural network, is now available as a standalone product. Previously the board was only available via development kit bundles including a Raspberry Pi 4 kit.

SHAPE \* MERGEFORMAT

(Imagecredit: BrainChip)

The boards, which feature the company's Akida AIaccelerator chip the AKD1000 alongside an Arm Cortex M4 core and both RAM andflash memory, have previously been available in two forms: a Shuttle PCcompatible with Intel 10th-Gen processors (which you supply yourself) or asmaller, cheaper kit powered by a Raspberry Pi 4.

The ADK1000 canemulate 1.2 million neurons and 10 billion synapses in a spiking neuralnetwork. If that’s not enough for you, up to 64 of the devices can bedaisy-chained together over PCIe. It’s designed for use as a stand-aloneembedded accelerator or as a co-processor.

CPUARM Cortex-M4 32-bit @ 300MHz (Subblock of Akida)
RAMRAM: 256M x 16 bytes LPDDR4 SDRAM @ 2400MT/s
FlashFLASH: Quad SPI 128Mb NOR @ 12.5MHz
GPIO2 LED’s
Interfaces5GT/s PCI Express 2.0 x1-lane
Dimensions40mm x 76mm x 5.3mm (exc. PCIe rear panel bracket)
The neuromorphicprocessor allows users to create, train and test neural networks throughthe MetaTF development environment. The PCIe layoutfiles and a bill of materials are also being made available to systemintegrators so that they can create their own custom designs based on the AIaccelerator.

The card can now bepurchased singly, for $499, or in larger orders of up to ten. BrainChip'srecent announcement of 'high volume' production meansthat this limit should be removed once stock levels begin to rise.
Hi Waihik Joe

i noticed you posted something this morning on hot crapper which directly names Brainchip with Arm embedded site . Great find!!

Reactions: 9 users

Lex555

Regular
Doing the same here. Ukraine turmoil would logically see a market pull back before correcting again

Reactions: 4 users

wrongo

What a beautiful human you are ❤️
Thank you, but undeserved. So many people contribute so much more to society than me. And I'm just a cantankerous old bugger, who always roots for the underdogs in life

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

kenjikool

Regular
Im taking advantage of the fall and buying more. $1.53-$1.55 seemed like a nice entry for a few more to the pile! B
Yes It's difficult to know the price. Anything under $3 is going to be handsomely rewarded. i don't need to buy any more, but sometimes you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth right? Tick tick tick, when to pull the trigger.

Mt09

Regular
Hi Waihik Joe

i noticed you posted something this morning on hot crapper which directly names Brainchip with Arm embedded site . Great find!!
Was discussed a while ago

Reactions: 1 users
S

Straw

What you are both speaking about is how it should be but my life experience has taught me that it will not happen because there is a flaw in humanity’s genetic makeup. This flaw is seen everywhere from the local club where new members are not really wanted to the share market where large institutions promote the idea that having a large number of shares on issue makes a company unattractive. In every case it is about power and a form of greed. It can be a greed for money or it can be a greed for influence or it can be a greedy desire to ensure that no one with more ability joins and takes your position.
So we are stuck with looking after ourselves, our families our friends and then the wider community in that order.
This home for Brainchip shareholders proves what a large community of like minded individuals can achieve but it is always just one persons greed away from failure.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Agree with you though I'd don't want to. I do realise I'm being extremely naive but I think I need to think that when things start to seem a bit pointless.
Hi Straw,

I don't know if you are on the same page as Simon Thorpe:
Universal basic income
https://basicincome.org/news/2014/07/simon-thorpe-fixing-the-system-with-a-basic-citizens-income/
but it's something the world may need to consider in the future as AI spreads.
Very much. I really don't think it excludes people from wanting to work. Mostly people want and need to feel like they are useful to others and need to be part of the community. To me it says you're a human you are valued we'd love to see you around. Not you're an unhappy, lazy unemployed person with no staying power, struggling to survive and cope mentally so you are garbage (off you go with all they other similar people). Absolutely people need a challenge/purpose to get out of bed in the morning but some are more driven than others and some seemingly need to work 24/7; I don't, but maybe I'm just burnt out and feeling isolated.. that's possible. I don't even do a particularly essential job and it's become my life and I still find some satisfaction in it but I don't always want to be there.

As per FFs point people can be very exclusive and I won't say I've never been guilty of this some people you just don't understand or don't want to be around for a range of reasons but for you or the other person to have other options is the only way to get through it, not that sticking it out until you find some common ground isn't an option but it may not happen. When you are truly at the bottom socially &/or financially those options are often very limited or non-existent. The dismantling of the education system to largely benefit the already well off is a huge issue. They are the least in need of it.

I would never discount the value of work to a person's dignity but it doesn't always work out that way. I find a lot of the time people do a job because they have to (not at all because they are lazy) which in one way forces people to get along but on the other hand can make turning up everyday a nightmare if everyone is struggling to want to be there. If that happens and they can't afford to or just don't have the mental energy, resilience or skills to move on, what's the result?

I may very well be completely wrong and life will always be a total struggle to survive, fit in and find meaning.

Ok I'm really done this time. Was up late/early listening to soothing dog barking so probably a little reactive.

Sry

Reactions: 4 users

Yak52

Regular
What you are both speaking about is how it should be but my life experience has taught me that it will not happen because there is a flaw in humanity’s genetic makeup. This flaw is seen everywhere from the local club where new members are not really wanted to the share market where large institutions promote the idea that having a large number of shares on issue makes a company unattractive. In every case it is about power and a form of greed. It can be a greed for money or it can be a greed for influence or it can be a greedy desire to ensure that no one with more ability joins and takes your position.
So we are stuck with looking after ourselves, our families our friends and then the wider community in that order.
This home for Brainchip shareholders proves what a large community of like minded individuals can achieve but it is always just one persons greed away from failure.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Excellent piece of writing FF. And unfortunately so true. This is a flaw in humanities genetic makeup and it pervades all levels of Government, business, Society and work. The saga re-TMH shows no one is exempt from its dirty grasp! Professionals seem struck down by it more than normal people.
The "Agendas" that exist and influence our everyday life seem unlimited. I even have uncovered an "Agenda" well known to private Australian Aviation pilots perpetuated by CASA which has targeted myself through the issue of my AV Medical. I can see a legal battle ensuing, if I am to be able to fly ever again. It seems to be the "norm" with many citizens now days.

Yak52

Reactions: 12 users

Dhm

Regular
Doing the same here. Ukraine turmoil would logically see a market pull back before correcting again
Perhaps, but the Ukraine thing has been buzzing around for more than a month so the bigger players are already positioned, hence the general market correction. Similar with nervousness with the Fed raising rates, all built in. Unless there is something that happens that the market hasn’t factored in I believe we are near a bottom.

I have mentioned this before but I think a US Fund manager named Chris Ciovacco is well worth following. He releases a weekly video, usually on a Sunday our time, based on charting, but not the type you would usually expect. He covers things like energy vs. tech (ETF world), World equities vs. S&P, semiconductors vs. tech, vix, growth vs. staples etc.
It gives me a grounding in where multiple indicators (potential warnings) are and I find it very useful. It pays to put the recording on 1.5 speed in Settings. I can’t underline enough just how good he is.

This is my opinion only, please don’t misconstrue my comments as advice.

Reactions: 15 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hey Brain Fam,

Apologies if someone has posted this article already which is about Sony using AI to beat the best Grand Tourismo drivers. It reminded me of a presentation in which BrainChip had used examples of how Akida could be utilised in such a way. I couldn't find the presentation that I was thinking of but have copied an old video which demonstrates seomthing similar.

Extract
Many AI systems are trained with real-world data through a system called deep learning that gives them the ability to recognize faces and to spot spam. GT Sophy used a different technique called reinforcement learning that starts with an entirely untrained system that has no idea what to do. It raced courses over and over again, following a human-designed reward system that encouraged better results and eventually mastered the game.

One particular difficulty was figuring out the unwritten rules of car racing, such as avoiding collisions and not inappropriately cutting off other drivers.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

GazDix

Regular
Perhaps, but the Ukraine thing has been buzzing around for more than a month so the bigger players are already positioned, hence the general market correction. Similar with nervousness with the Fed raising rates, all built in. Unless there is something that happens that the market hasn’t factored in I believe we are near a bottom.

I have mentioned this before but I think a US Fund manager named Chris Ciovacco is well worth following. He releases a weekly video, usually on a Sunday our time, based on charting, but not the type you would usually expect. He covers things like energy vs. tech (ETF world), World equities vs. S&P, semiconductors vs. tech, vix, growth vs. staples etc.
It gives me a grounding in where multiple indicators (potential warnings) are and I find it very useful. It pays to put the recording on 1.5 speed in Settings. I can’t underline enough just how good he is.

I agree Dhm, most is all factored in for all markets apart from one spanner in the works:

Since Thursday, and the announcement of US's high inflation rates of 7.5%, the FED have scheduled a closed meeting tonight to discuss these latest figures. This has created the uncertainty to disrupt markets since. So tomorrow morning should be a good indication on how markets go one way or another (as long as there are no other macro forces at play).

Great to see a lot of familiar names here. Reading these threads have been very enjoyable for me.
Cheers all,

• Wow
Reactions: 19 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent

Hi Dhm,
thanks for the tip. I have been following Martin Armstrong (Armstrong Economics) for many years and his long term forecasts have been impeccable. His history lessons are a must. You can also subscribe to his "Socrates" platform. He is able to give you a more worldly view and a much more sensible explanation
better than the click bait stuff some are reading.
DYOR.
Regards to all the contributors.

Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi,
as Uiux posted some research on JAST in the seperate thread, I did some research about Bernabe Linares-Barranco, a researcher on neuromorphic computing, and came upon this recently published paper: "2022 roadmap on neuromorphic computing and engineering" https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/2634-4386/ac4a83
I didn´t read the 170-pages completely - just looked for some keywords. I also like the abstract, which basically underlines the statement by a Ford-Manager (?) that von Neumann-architecture is dead. :)

First of all the volume of the neuromorphic chip market in above linked article seems to be in line with the prediction in rayzors article:
"If the fundamental technical issues are solved in the next few years, the neuromorphic computing market is projected to rise from $0.2 billion in 2025 to $22 billion in 2035 [7] as neuromorphic computers with ultra-low power consumption and high speed advance and drive demands for neuromorphic devices." (page 4, line 59)

Another passage I found was the following about lidar:
"Given the real-time nature of ADAS computation, and the necessity to process correlated streams of visual and 3D point-cloud data (from lidar systems), there is some expectation that event-based neuromorphic computation may be more suitable than current GPU-type computational hardware. At least one neuromorphic event-based hardware startup is focused on real-time vision processing for
this purpose [7]
."(p. 130 ll 27) - I was a little suprised about the source [7]: an article from and about NeuroFlow by GrAI Matter Labs. The authors didn´t have Akida in mind. Has anyone had a look at NeuroFlow? Even if they do not seem to have some Akida-advantages and i cannot see that their chip is in production, they seem to have a shared market with Akida - Lidar, cameras, wearables...

Lastly I was wondering why there is no mention of Brainchip and Akida - TrueNorth and Loihi get mentioned for example here:
"Notably, working neuromorphic olfaction algorithms have been deployed on diverse edge-compatible hardware platforms including Intel Loihi, IBM TrueNorth, field- programmable gate arrays, and custom neuromorphic devices [7, 12, 15, 18, 19]." (page 134 line 7) - I guess that´s because their chips have been distributed to research-institutions and Sean is going to change that for Akida in 2022?!

Greetings from Germany!
Hi Pepsin,

As you point out, Akida is absent from many academic papers on NNs.

The section of this paper on spiking neural networks was written by :
1644798035268.png

Giacomo Indiveri, Institute of Neuroinformatics, University of Zurich and ETH Zurich, Switzerland.

UZ is fixated on memristors, and this section of the paper reflects that bias.

Concluding Remarks
Implementing spiking neural networks computing systems with analog CMOS circuits and memristive devices is hard. Besides few examples of proof-of-concept systems that have been applied to very specific tasks, such as sensory processing or spatio-temporal pattern recognition for bio-medical applications [19– 24], no general purpose solution exists yet. More importantly, no well established formal methodology exists for automatically designing or programming them. However we are witnessing incredible progress being made independently in artificial neural networks, in machine learning, in neuroscience, and in memory technology developments. In addition, there is a large demand for the development of novel low-power computing technologies for applications “at the edge”, i.e., applications that need to process data measured locally, without connecting to remote servers on the internet, often with low latency and in compact packages. So brain-inspired approaches for building such technologies are extremely promising, and the potential of research and development in memristive/CMOS spiking neural networks computing systems is extremely high

The footnotes do refer to Loihi in passing.

The section 3.1 - Learning in Spiking Neural Networks (page 87) is also worth a read to see why the rest of the worls is floundering in Akida's wake in trying to implement on-chip learning.

• Fire
Reactions: 27 users

kenjikool

Regular
Hey Brain Fam,

Apologies if someone has posted this article already which is about Sony using AI to beat the best Grand Tourismo drivers. It reminded me of a presentation in which BrainChip had used examples of how Akida could be utilised in such a way. I couldn't find the presentation that I was thinking of but have copied an old video which demonstrates seomthing similar.

Extract
Many AI systems are trained with real-world data through a system called deep learning that gives them the ability to recognize faces and to spot spam. GT Sophy used a different technique called reinforcement learning that starts with an entirely untrained system that has no idea what to do. It raced courses over and over again, following a human-designed reward system that encouraged better results and eventually mastered the game.

One particular difficulty was figuring out the unwritten rules of car racing, such as avoiding collisions and not inappropriately cutting off other drivers.

Sorry for the language used here, and it's been seen before, (likely), but that video makes me horny! Just saying. Good example of how it works and why it will be disruptive technology. IMO (which really equals to not much...)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Diogenese

Top 20
Hi,
as Uiux posted some research on JAST in the seperate thread, I did some research about Bernabe Linares-Barranco, a researcher on neuromorphic computing, and came upon this recently published paper: "2022 roadmap on neuromorphic computing and engineering" https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/2634-4386/ac4a83
I didn´t read the 170-pages completely - just looked for some keywords. I also like the abstract, which basically underlines the statement by a Ford-Manager (?) that von Neumann-architecture is dead. :)

First of all the volume of the neuromorphic chip market in above linked article seems to be in line with the prediction in rayzors article:
"If the fundamental technical issues are solved in the next few years, the neuromorphic computing market is projected to rise from $0.2 billion in 2025 to $22 billion in 2035 [7] as neuromorphic computers with ultra-low power consumption and high speed advance and drive demands for neuromorphic devices." (page 4, line 59)

Another passage I found was the following about lidar:
"Given the real-time nature of ADAS computation, and the necessity to process correlated streams of visual and 3D point-cloud data (from lidar systems), there is some expectation that event-based neuromorphic computation may be more suitable than current GPU-type computational hardware. At least one neuromorphic event-based hardware startup is focused on real-time vision processing for
this purpose [7]
."(p. 130 ll 27) - I was a little suprised about the source [7]: an article from and about NeuroFlow by GrAI Matter Labs. The authors didn´t have Akida in mind. Has anyone had a look at NeuroFlow? Even if they do not seem to have some Akida-advantages and i cannot see that their chip is in production, they seem to have a shared market with Akida - Lidar, cameras, wearables...

Lastly I was wondering why there is no mention of Brainchip and Akida - TrueNorth and Loihi get mentioned for example here:
"Notably, working neuromorphic olfaction algorithms have been deployed on diverse edge-compatible hardware platforms including Intel Loihi, IBM TrueNorth, field- programmable gate arrays, and custom neuromorphic devices [7, 12, 15, 18, 19]." (page 134 line 7) - I guess that´s because their chips have been distributed to research-institutions and Sean is going to change that for Akida in 2022?!

Greetings from Germany!
Hi Pepsin,

We have loked at GraiMatter a couple of times in the last couple of years.

In another place, I mentioned that I thought GraiMatter and Hailo were worth keeping an eye on:

31/08/21 20:58 Post #: 55728384

If I were worried about competitors, I'd keep an eye on Hailo and GrAi Matter both of which have silicon NNs, GrAi Matter claiming a SNN.

GrAiMatter: WO2020025680A1 DATA PROCESSING MODULE, DATA PROCESSING SYSTEM AND DATA PROCESSING METHOD

https://worldwide.espacenet.com/patent/search/family/063254640/publication/WO2020025680A1?q=wo2020025680

The GraiMatter NPU:-
https://hotcrapper.com.au/attachments/image-png.3538505/?temp_hash=90ca244bbfb83683f1a87f7353f5cacc
While GrAiMatter claim to be avoiding the von Neumann bottleneck, I don't think the apple has fallen that far from the tree.

#########################################################################

GraiMatter uses time multiplexing:

WO2020025680A1 DATA PROCESSING MODULE, DATA PROCESSING SYSTEM AND DATA PROCESSING METHOD

The paper you cited points out a problem with time multiplexing:

page 88

On-chip learning requires precious memory and routing resources [21], which hinders scalability. On digital technologies, this problem can be sidestepped by time-multiplexing a dedicated local plasticity processor [6, 12]. The time multiplexing approach however suffers from the same caveats as a Von Neumann computer due to the separation between the SNN and the associated plasticity processor. Other promising alternatives for true local plasticity are emerging devices (Sec. 1) and related architectures (Sec. 2.1), which allow storage and computation for plasticity to occur at the same place.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users
Hey Brain Fam,

Extract

This must be fantastic research because Feaby has endorsed it by adoption. I just cannot stop laughing.

As for Ukraine it is a case of boys and their toys and who has the biggest chest.

I will ask you this question. If you had no concerns for conventional morals and were supported by a group of mafia style oligarchs who liked to make money on the stock market and owned a few million troops and some nuclear weapons what could you do to help out your supporters?

Answer: Give them an investment opportunity. How do you do that pretend to be going to war with your neighbour and panic the rest of the world and cause the stock market to drop. Your mates step in and buy up left right and centre. Then you reach a peace accord. Stock market goes back up. World leaders pat themselves on the back. Your mafia oligarchs pat you on the back and slip more money and support in your back pocket and keep killing off the opposition to ensure you retain power and then shoot over to the UK and buy a couple more football clubs.

Too fanciful for some I suspect however this leader and his mafia oligarch supporters all have major investments throughout the World which would be put in peril if they did enter Ukraine and it is a fact that the main source of Putin's power comes from these mega wealthy individuals and their families so if you are just an ordinary retail share holder like myself powerless to play their games doing nothing is the only defence play in town.

Remember Brainchip has defence as well as peace covered with AKIDA technology.

My anonymous opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 43 users

BaconLover

Founding Member
Hey guys/gals

Today is a red day. But do you notice the difference? Do you realise how calm and collected it is?
No panic.
Only about 3 pages worth comments on this thread, but I cannot believe how peaceful it is for a red day. Love this non-fiction version. The drama was a bit too much.
I could get used to this.

BTW, Happy Valentine's day for those who celebrate it may you and your loved ones live happily ever after.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 66 users
Top Bottom