BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
PHOAR!

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 9.33.21 am.png

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Cyw

Regular
Looks to be a late reported or late cross trade (LTXT). Cross trades are when one seller and one buyer of the same broker is matched or a special off market arrangement is made. The price is interesting
Or it could be the same buyer and seller moving stocks across different accounts.

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Reactions: 7 users
The confusion seems to be around when shorters sell. They sell immediately, they do not hold the shares.

Shorters borrow shares and sell them pretty much immediately. They later have to buy shares to repay the original loan.

Shorters make money when the share price goes down, allowing them to repay the loan by buying shares at a lower price than they previously sold them at.

Your example is correct. There will currently be shorters who borrowed, and sold, BrainChip shares at $1, they are (as you correctly say) currently sitting on a 20% loss. The important point is that their loan has an expiry date (typically only a few days long) at which time they will be forced to buy shares to pay the loan off. That‘s when they get burned—they are forced to make a loss.

Short selling is quite a difficult concept to get your mind around.
Hey Slymeat, I disagree with some of what you've said, they wouldn't need to sell straight away, although it would be advantageous of them to do so, especially if they want to create downward pressure and momentum.
I think they "could" wait for a market correction, which happen regularly and certainly more often, than any Company news.
So the odds there, are stacked in their favor.

Their loans don't really have expiry dates, unless they become too far out of the money and the broker forces the position to be closed out.

Something we may see soon, with the trapped shorters under 90 cents..

• Fire
Reactions: 8 users
F

Filobeddo

:)feels like someone has had a case of fat-fingers and typed "1.71" instead of "1.17"? but ... it's done right, so there's no going back? I would love to see us kick back into the early 2022 run (and hold it)

Hey Plug, I've got crayon fingers and chicken peck type, then triple nancy check before hitting the go button on very order.... and still dont manage to fck up like that ;);)

Whoops maybe I just put the mozz on myself :confused:

PS Note to self... need to do something about my spelling... its fkn shocking

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha

mrgds

Regular
Same price on the Bell Direct platform too?? Interesting.

View attachment 12162
Another day, ........... and just another "you little fu#*ing ripper of a surprise" ............. BRN never failing to deliver, even with no announcements, ........................ AKIDA (what a surprise) BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

jla

Regular
feels like someone has had a case of fat-fingers and typed "1.71" instead of "1.17"? but ... it's done right, so there's no going back? I would love to see us kick back into the early 2022 run (and hold it)
But if it is fat-fingers how come there is two ones @ the end. $1.711.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
Indicative Price / Change$1.240 / Up $0.035 (2.9%) noice :)

• Fire
  • Love
Brain Chip - 94507 shares issued for Services Rendered Who to?

Attachments

• 02544442.pdf
    26.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

robsmark

Regular
Indicative Price / Change$1.240 / Up $0.035 (2.9%) noice :)
It wasn’t too long back we were buying shares for slightly more than that...

Attachments

• 257965CC-7B68-4D47-A8F5-BC86C6E2C9CE.jpeg
    257965CC-7B68-4D47-A8F5-BC86C6E2C9CE.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Fire
  • Love

SiDEvans

Regular
  • Fire
F

Filobeddo

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

Evermont

Stealth Mode
Read it again Baron.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
Brain Chip - 94507 shares issued for Services Rendered Who to?
It will be for that agreement that kicked up a fuss because there was an error with it. I think it may have been with a director but can’t remember sorry.

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
It wasn’t too long back we were buying shares for slightly more than that...
Yes so very true mate.. scary! ... oh the memories ... 🤔

Reactions: 2 users

Boab

Ive been following these trades before the start of a day and worked out that they have been using the previous days vwap to calculate a price yesterdays closing vwap was $1.179 so this mornings pre trade dosnt follow whats been happening previously
whatever it is brn never ceases to keep one on its toes.
unrelated but will drop this here

Boab

I wish. Good on ya.
Good on ya sounds a bit negative? I really did mean well done and yes I am just a tad jealous.😉

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom