BRN Discussion Ongoing

Sirod69

bavarian girl ;-)

Reactions: 8 users
M

mfromere

Fealby, is also a TMH (hotcrapper) shareholder, which is why he's so "positive" about how it's run..

Someone who still has access there, should report those posts, for plagiarism! 👹
DB, IMHO Reporting for plagiarism would be a minor charge. I’d call it theft.
m.

Reactions: 4 users

Deena

Regular
Hi DB.
The Colombian Mercedes-Benz Dealer who posted this mentions that it has - included Artificial Intelligence.
See below two Pics.
View attachment 947 View attachment 948
Yak52
... and the system learns about the likes and preferences of the driver.
Ha! I have been learning Spanish for about three years and can read it perfectly (perfecto) Me gusto mucho!

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

DJM263

LTH - 2015
ww.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/neuromorphic-chip-market
Interesting article lots of information
Brainchip included in article
The Global Neuromorphic Chip Market is growing at a CAGR of 47.4% over the next 5 years.
Upside Market value 2020 $22.5m 2026 $333.8m
15x increase in industry
Brain chip value $2.8b x 15 = $42b in 2026
multiply current SP$A1.62 x15 =$24.30

Major Players​

1. BrainChip Holdings Ltd
  2. Intel Corporation
  3. General Vision Inc.
  4. Nepes Corp
  5. SynSense AG
Global Neuromorphic Chip Market

DYOR

Is Samsung going to take up AKIDA IP?

This question until answered by Brainchip in an ASX announcement or until Samsung 'does a Merc' will remain complete conjecture.

Therefore what I am about to say is entirely my own opinion based upon facts that I personally find compelling:

1. The former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated early 2020 that a large Sth Korean company was testing AKIDA to an even greater extent than Brainchip. Following this statement I did a lot of rabbit hole research and became convinced that at that time which would have been 2019/2020 Samsung had the most advanced neuromorphic computing research program of the large Sth Korean companies that might be involved.

2. In a joint presentation/webinar where the former CEO Mr. Dinardo, Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar all presented Anil Mankar went out of his way to personally thank Samsung for providing the DVS camera used in the AKIDA demonstration.

3. Samsung have continued to engage in research around neuromorphic computing up to the present date. NASA, Renesas, MegaChips, Valeo, Ford, Mercedes and a number of independent researchers have all viewed AKIDA technology and continue to engage with and promote openly in some cases, the benefits of AKIDA technology despite having full exposure to Intel's offering in the form of Loihi and IBM's TruNorth. Indeed in January, 2022 the US Airforce funded a research project around AKIDA technology. So if all these others are impressed then why not Samsung and at the very least why would Samsung not still be looking at the AKIDA technology particularly as Brainchip has since the comments by Mr. Dinardo Brainchip has produced the AKD1000 engineering sample, introduced MetaTF, cracked open the champagne on a number of critical patent grants, and produced the Commercial AKD1000 that has with minor modifications greatly improved performance over the engineering sample.

4. Then you throw in the use of the Samsung Fridge in Brainchip promo videos and as I said over on the other site either Anil Mankar has a mate in the warehouse who lends him stuff without the boss knowing or there is some formal tie up with Samsung.

5. This is not a proven fact because it would require a few individuals in the world of neuromorphic computing to concede the point but on all the evidence it does seem to be that Brainchip's AKD1000 is the first commercial neuromorphic chip to be released in all the World and that it has around a 3 year lead over any known competitor.

6. In addition AKD2000 which takes a further technology leap is highly likely to reach the market in 2022 and based upon the release of the AKD1000 IP about 12 months before the engineering samples it is highly likely that it could already as IP be in the hands of lets say a large Sth Korean company being tested and a major European Automobile manufacturer being trialled for identifying flying plastic bags.

As I made clear the above is just my personal opinion and I am sure many may have reservations which is completely reasonable but I believe Samsung is a given.

It does not of course mean that Brainchip will make an announcement because I think that is what the deal with MegaChips is all about given that it prides itself on not disclosing its customer base beyond Nintendo.

My anonymous opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: 'does a Merc' - a new term which means to crow about being partnered with Brainchip for the purpose of out performing all your competitors by using AKIDA technology - (not yet listed in any dictionary of phases however I think by popular usage it will be in coming years and you read it hear first)
Just a reminder

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Dhm

Regular
I like the way we sometimes share snippets of personal information about ourselves as it confirms we are living breathing caring humans. My avatar here is one of my grand daughters aged two, and my son and his wife just presented us with a grand son, so we are very excited!

Anyway, on with the Akida show!

• Love
Reactions: 48 users

ceej

This question until answered by Brainchip in an ASX announcement or until Samsung 'does a Merc' will remain complete conjecture.

Therefore what I am about to say is entirely my own opinion based upon facts that I personally find compelling:

1. The former CEO Mr. Dinardo stated early 2020 that a large Sth Korean company was testing AKIDA to an even greater extent than Brainchip. Following this statement I did a lot of rabbit hole research and became convinced that at that time which would have been 2019/2020 Samsung had the most advanced neuromorphic computing research program of the large Sth Korean companies that might be involved.

2. In a joint presentation/webinar where the former CEO Mr. Dinardo, Peter van der Made and Anil Mankar all presented Anil Mankar went out of his way to personally thank Samsung for providing the DVS camera used in the AKIDA demonstration.

3. Samsung have continued to engage in research around neuromorphic computing up to the present date. NASA, Renesas, MegaChips, Valeo, Ford, Mercedes and a number of independent researchers have all viewed AKIDA technology and continue to engage with and promote openly in some cases, the benefits of AKIDA technology despite having full exposure to Intel's offering in the form of Loihi and IBM's TruNorth. Indeed in January, 2022 the US Airforce funded a research project around AKIDA technology. So if all these others are impressed then why not Samsung and at the very least why would Samsung not still be looking at the AKIDA technology particularly as Brainchip has since the comments by Mr. Dinardo Brainchip has produced the AKD1000 engineering sample, introduced MetaTF, cracked open the champagne on a number of critical patent grants, and produced the Commercial AKD1000 that has with minor modifications greatly improved performance over the engineering sample.

4. Then you throw in the use of the Samsung Fridge in Brainchip promo videos and as I said over on the other site either Anil Mankar has a mate in the warehouse who lends him stuff without the boss knowing or there is some formal tie up with Samsung.

5. This is not a proven fact because it would require a few individuals in the world of neuromorphic computing to concede the point but on all the evidence it does seem to be that Brainchip's AKD1000 is the first commercial neuromorphic chip to be released in all the World and that it has around a 3 year lead over any known competitor.

6. In addition AKD2000 which takes a further technology leap is highly likely to reach the market in 2022 and based upon the release of the AKD1000 IP about 12 months before the engineering samples it is highly likely that it could already as IP be in the hands of lets say a large Sth Korean company being tested and a major European Automobile manufacturer being trialled for identifying flying plastic bags.

As I made clear the above is just my personal opinion and I am sure many may have reservations which is completely reasonable but I believe Samsung is a given.

It does not of course mean that Brainchip will make an announcement because I think that is what the deal with MegaChips is all about given that it prides itself on not disclosing its customer base beyond Nintendo.

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: 'does a Merc' - a new term which means to crow about being partnered with Brainchip for the purpose of out performing all your competitors by using AKIDA technology - (not yet listed in any dictionary of phases however I think by popular usage it will be in coming years and you read it hear first

FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

PS: 'does a Merc' - a new term which means to crow about being partnered with Brainchip for the purpose of out performing all your competitors by using AKIDA technology - (not yet listed in any dictionary of phases however I think by popular usage it will be in coming years and you read it hear first)
Thanks For the analysis FF.

A couple of additional musings. The use of the Samsung fridge and washer in the presentation slides is meaningful on two fronts.

The first being that we have form of using merc cars in years gone by (prior to the merc “announcement”). Coincidence maybe but nevertheless, people and businesses tend to reuse approaches and behaviours.

Impossible to tell whether these are the sort of things we would seek permission from the company in advance to use their images but this would be quiet possible. Given our apparent strong adherence to NDAs and the like it would make sense. Irrespective, we have a possible repeated pattern of using “partners” products in our presentations.

The second and more noteworthy being that if Samsung are not the South Korean company to which Mr Dinardo alluded (and or we are no longer “working” with them directly or indirectly) then it is curious that you would use images of two of their products in our presentation. A more conservative approach would be to use a product from two different companies. This would be a lower risk approach from our perspective as it would lessen the chances that someone could suggest we were implying a relationship where one did not exist.

Certainly not concrete reinforcement of your well made points but nonetheless, a little bit of additional conjecture.

Cheers and thanks for all your efforts to pull pieces together for all of us.

• Fire
Reactions: 31 users
I like the way we sometimes share snippets of personal information about ourselves as it confirms we are living breathing caring humans. My avatar here is one of my grand daughters aged two, and my son and his wife just presented us with a grand son, so we are very excited!

Fantastic. Very fortunate. FF

Reactions: 14 users

JoMo68

Regular
My avatar is Brenda Milner, the ‘godmother’ of neuropsychology. She was Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery at McGill University, and Professor of Psychology at the Montreal Neurological Institute. Her research was on the temporal lobes and memory. She was still working at 100 😳 and is now 103. What a woman!

• Wow
  • Fire
Reactions: 39 users

wrongo

Reactions: 12 users

MDhere

Regular

Congratulations Dhm! My life has changed since my little granddaughter arrived just nearly 3 weeks ago and now I've got Akida and my new bubs growing up. Life's good. :)

Reactions: 17 users

wrongo

Last personal post from me. At 70, took in one of my ex students, who had fallen pregnant and also lost her job in Sydney.
Neither me or any of my siblings had anything to do with children, much to my parents sadness. Now I'm the surrogate father to a 2 year old girl, unbelievably cute. We have to and fro arguments like " what's that poppa? it's a cylinder sweetie. No, it's a rectangle" and around and around. (I am an ex maths teacher)
So at 70+, I discovered the joy that little kids can bring.

• Love
Reactions: 52 users

Bernster

Emerged
Pushing up my average lately, Having started 2022 at 0.069, I have been accumulating more between $1.61 and $1.71. Slow and steady as she rocks.
Captain B

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
M

mfromere

Congratulations Dhm. Your photo of your two year-old granddaughter is one to be produced at her future milestones.
Cheers.
mf.

Reactions: 6 users
Reactions: 7 users

TTE

Regular
@DingoBorat
I dream.... but wouldn't it be good if it was 'inside' Nvidias system or working alongside the Nvidia system hand in hand...

still a lot of NDAs out there we have not a clue about...

next few years will be fun.

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Pepsin

Regular
ww.mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/neuromorphic-chip-market
Interesting article lots of information
Brainchip included in article
The Global Neuromorphic Chip Market is growing at a CAGR of 47.4% over the next 5 years.
Upside Market value 2020 $22.5m 2026 $333.8m
15x increase in industry
Brain chip value $2.8b x 15 = $42b in 2026
multiply current SP$A1.62 x15 =$24.30

Major Players​

1. BrainChip Holdings Ltd
  2. Intel Corporation
  3. General Vision Inc.
  4. Nepes Corp
  5. SynSense AG
Global Neuromorphic Chip Market

DYOR
Hi,
as Uiux posted some research on JAST in the seperate thread, I did some research about Bernabe Linares-Barranco, a researcher on neuromorphic computing, and came upon this recently published paper: "2022 roadmap on neuromorphic computing and engineering" https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/2634-4386/ac4a83
I didn´t read the 170-pages completely - just looked for some keywords. I also like the abstract, which basically underlines the statement by a Ford-Manager (?) that von Neumann-architecture is dead. :)

First of all the volume of the neuromorphic chip market in above linked article seems to be in line with the prediction in rayzors article:
"If the fundamental technical issues are solved in the next few years, the neuromorphic computing market is projected to rise from $0.2 billion in 2025 to $22 billion in 2035 [7] as neuromorphic computers with ultra-low power consumption and high speed advance and drive demands for neuromorphic devices." (page 4, line 59)

Another passage I found was the following about lidar:
"Given the real-time nature of ADAS computation, and the necessity to process correlated streams of visual and 3D point-cloud data (from lidar systems), there is some expectation that event-based neuromorphic computation may be more suitable than current GPU-type computational hardware. At least one neuromorphic event-based hardware startup is focused on real-time vision processing for
this purpose [7]
."(p. 130 ll 27) - I was a little suprised about the source [7]: an article from and about NeuroFlow by GrAI Matter Labs. The authors didn´t have Akida in mind. Has anyone had a look at NeuroFlow? Even if they do not seem to have some Akida-advantages and i cannot see that their chip is in production, they seem to have a shared market with Akida - Lidar, cameras, wearables...

Lastly I was wondering why there is no mention of Brainchip and Akida - TrueNorth and Loihi get mentioned for example here:
"Notably, working neuromorphic olfaction algorithms have been deployed on diverse edge-compatible hardware platforms including Intel Loihi, IBM TrueNorth, field- programmable gate arrays, and custom neuromorphic devices [7, 12, 15, 18, 19]." (page 134 line 7) - I guess that´s because their chips have been distributed to research-institutions and Sean is going to change that for Akida in 2022?!

Greetings from Germany!

• Thinking
Reactions: 18 users

Iseki

Regular
Though I don't have any kids (and I understand the desire to protect your family of course) I still wish an improved existence for all in the future... I just don't like being forced to be a part of that system that is failing them (and me). Security is what matters which comes from ubiquitous financial equity/opportunities for social inclusion. Would love to see some more humility in govt... or some humility period.
Yes sorry to all is a little off subject.... been a really crap week, take it as a vent.
Sometimes as a single person I do hear the phrase 'for my children and my children's children' which sounds a little tribal and it just gets to me a little, rightly or wrongly. I can't help feel that is not a particularly helpful world view or even local wider community view and seems to reflect the system we are in. Though it can be a bit of a throw away catch phrase to express concern for the community in general, eg, pollution, peace, etc.
And I'd better point out that I'm grateful that other people have families and bring up their kids to best of their ability (no mean feat). Not much human future without them.
People need purpose but they also require a minimum level of dignity and respect as a starting point.
I still think this is going to be a big issue as automation becomes more common and capable.
Anyhow I'll go back into hibernation (as apparently I 'emerged' with my previous post lol)
Beautifully said, Straw, but dignity comes from a meaningful job, not just cold cash. Let's share around the productive hours as well.

Reactions: 6 users

misslou

Founding Member
Last personal post from me. At 70, took in one of my ex students, who had fallen pregnant and also lost her job in Sydney.
Neither me or any of my siblings had anything to do with children, much to my parents sadness. Now I'm the surrogate father to a 2 year old girl, unbelievably cute. We have to and fro arguments like " what's that poppa? it's a cylinder sweetie. No, it's a rectangle" and around and around. (I am an ex maths teacher)
So at 70+, I discovered the joy that little kids can bring.
What a beautiful human you are ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 26 users

Dhm

Regular
Just a reminder

Isn’t it just wee bit cheeky to claim that spiking neural networks as mainly their own discovery and expertise.

If I didn’t know it was a Samsung video I would have expected it to be ours. There was so many references to brain and spiking and neural.

• Thinking
Reactions: 21 users
Beautifully said, Straw, but dignity comes from a meaningful job, not just cold cash. Let's share around the productive hours as well.
What you are both speaking about is how it should be but my life experience has taught me that it will not happen because there is a flaw in humanity’s genetic makeup. This flaw is seen everywhere from the local club where new members are not really wanted to the share market where large institutions promote the idea that having a large number of shares on issue makes a company unattractive. In every case it is about power and a form of greed. It can be a greed for money or it can be a greed for influence or it can be a greedy desire to ensure that no one with more ability joins and takes your position.
So we are stuck with looking after ourselves, our families our friends and then the wider community in that order.
This home for Brainchip shareholders proves what a large community of like minded individuals can achieve but it is always just one persons greed away from failure.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 41 users
Top Bottom