BRN Discussion Ongoing

MDhere

Regular
Hey Perth crew that attended the $1 reunion. Hope you had a great night. Turned into a long session and particularly long for our special guests and local BRN staff so thanks. Great night

View attachment 7918
That is super congrats to the reuninon! heres to many more. What a big event it will be when all states come together and although im in Brisbane i guess Perth hometown where it all started could be the sweet spot

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 49 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
Screenshot_20220528-073503_LinkedIn.jpg

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 55 users

Baisyet

Regular
Hi everybody, I’ve been in contact with Tim the CEO of NVISO and there will be another demo here in Sydney ourisde The Glenmore Hotel in The Rocks.

It’s between 4-6pm today, the demo will be shown in a brand new AMG Mercedes G wagon, I highly recommend those who are in Sydney to attend it and see the demo live for themselves.

You just have to rock up, you’ll see the car there.
Missed it Chapman i had to work till 8 yesterday hope the demo will be recorded and we can watch it. cheers

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Pappagallo

Regular
Sorry not normal self very tired. Minded a sick two year old all day today and it made clear I am on the back end of my lifeline.

At the same time would not want to miss a minute of having time with her. LOL

Regards
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Be kind to yourself FF, young kids wreck everyone. Today is my last day of iso with a 3 year old and a baby. They’ve handled being sick and confined as well as you can expect but I’m absolutely exhausted. This close to being a “with Covid” stat!

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
BrainChip IP going to the US with MegaChips! 🚨📢

“MegaChips, which recently announced its emergence into the U.S. custom ASIC market, will now leverage BrainChip Akida™ IP to provide U.S. customers with innovative applications across a wide variety of applications, such as consumer tech, telecom/network, industrial and automotive.”

That new company could now be called "Mega Brain Chip"".
Sounds good to me!
SC

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

M_C

Founding Member
For anyone with access to NabTrade there's a feature video on the main news page with mentions BRN -

1653690026826.png

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 31 users

Dhm

Regular
Automotive In-Car Personal Demo Registration Link
https://nviso.formstack.com/forms/glenmore_demo

• Time: Today, 3.00pm to 6:00pm, Friday 27th May 2022
  • Place: The Glenmore Hotel, Garden Outside Terrace, The Rocks
  • What: NVISO management will be showcasing a live demo of it's latest in-car automotive AI technology and the Panasonic Nicobo robot. Come along to learn more about this technology, applications, and met the NVISO management.
455AC2C8-1BAA-4A44-AA4B-2608E12537F6.jpeg

That chip is Akida within the Nviso occupant system.

Thanks @chapman89 for this link, I went there for a 3pm meeting with Tim and Colin from Nviso. For much of the time I was the only shareholder there and Tim gave me a great summation of Nviso's in car driver and passenger observance protocol. Tim's explanation was in line with the previous video published here, but the ability to learn within the cabin of the car sets this system apart. Tim said that with Akida included in the package the power usage was just 1 watt, but the alternative, also being used, gobbled up 10 watts, and the case the alternative was in was quite hot, a result of the extra wattage. Akida in this example uses 60 frames per second but could be ramped up to 1000 FPS given the need. Akida learns on site and Tim explained the driver could inform Akida of an event that needs to be learnt From. Not sure how this would work in practice, because it implies the driver is computer savvy and would be both understanding how to pass on the information. As a sidebar, I remember reading somewhere, most probably here, that Mercedes Benz bofins understand that the vast percentage of drivers don't understand the amount of help that the car's AI can give them, and Mercedes are training the AI within the car to recognise this inability and to suggest or coax better alternative usage of the abilities the driver isn’t aware of. That observation rings true with me and my Tesla, asi don’t understand some of the onboard acces that would be useful for me to know.

C2FFEB9B-8D4E-4626-BFA0-0E8B70D91FEC.jpeg

Then it was off to meet Colin Mason, Global Head of Customer Engagement Nviso, who introduced a Panasonic robotty thing with big eyes, and a cute tail and grey knitted cover. The robot has been planned as being very useful for older, single women in Japan. It doesn’t follow you around, but seems to vie for your attention. This current model can be programmed to turn on your tv at the appropriate time, and also for example to remind you to take your pills and other important things. This current robot doesn’t have Akida in it, but we agreed that for both power effectiveness and more efficient on chip learning Akida would be most probably in later version. In this version battery size and storage is quite limiting. Colin admitted to me that he, amongst others tell clients like Panasonic all about Brainchip and it’s elevated abilities. Tim and Colin are very excited about Brainchip’s future and are doing their best to ‘sell the Akida story’ with clients.

And what a story it is.
33454EAF-D4DE-4B94-959E-65049DC12F26.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 103 users

Quiltman

Regular
That new company could now be called "Mega Brain Chip"".
Sounds good to me!
SC
Perhaps with the business focus moving from the Chip to IP the empHasis needs to change.
Maybe BrainchIP .

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Esq.111

Fascinatingly Intuitive.
View attachment 7921
That chip is Akida within the Nviso occupant system.

Thanks @chapman89 for this link, I went there for a 3pm meeting with Tim and Colin from Nviso. For much of the time I was the only shareholder there and Tim gave me a great summation of Nviso's in car driver and passenger observance protocol. Tim's explanation was in line with the previous video published here, but the ability to learn within the cabin of the car sets this system apart. Tim said that with Akida included in the package the power usage was just 1 watt, but the alternative, also being used, gobbled up 10 watts, and the case the alternative was in was quite hot, a result of the extra wattage. Akida in this example uses 60 frames per second but could be ramped up to 1000 FPS given the need. Akida learns on site and Tim explained the driver could inform Akida of an event that needs to be learnt From. Not sure how this would work in practice, because it implies the driver is computer savvy and would be both understanding how to pass on the information. As a sidebar, I remember reading somewhere, most probably here, that Mercedes Benz bofins understand that the vast percentage of drivers don't understand the amount of help that the car's AI can give them, and Mercedes are training the AI within the car to recognise this inability and to suggest or coax better alternative usage of the abilities the driver isn’t aware of. That observation rings true with me and my Tesla, asi don’t understand some of the onboard acces that would be useful for me to know.

View attachment 7922
Then it was off to meet Colin, who introduced a Panasonic robotty thing with big eyes, and a cute tail and grey knitted cover. The robot has been planned as being very useful for older, single women in Japan. It doesn’t follow you around, but seems to vie for your attention. This current model can be programmed to turn on your tv at the appropriate time, and also for example to remind you to take your pills and other important things. This current robot doesn’t have Akida in it, but we agreed that for both power effectiveness and more efficient on chip learning Akida would be most probably in later version. In this version battery size and storage is quite limiting. Colin admitted to me that he, amongst others tell clients like Panasonic all about Brainchip and it’s elevated abilities. Tim and Colin are very excited about Brainchip’s future and are doing their best to ‘sell the Akida story’ with clients.

And what a story it is.
View attachment 7923
Morning Dhm ,

Thankyou for the rundown , very exciting.

Love the picture of the little green thing with the flashing blue light.

Regards,
Esq.

• Love
Hi @dippY22 and others

Whether AKIDA will be involved in in cabin monitoring in 2022/23 via Nviso or Valeo or Mercedes Benz is not dependent on the technology but ASIL certification.

The following explains ASIL:

“What is ASIL?​

Definition​

ASIL refers to Automotive Safety Integrity Level. It is a risk classification system defined by the ISO 26262 standard for the functional safety of road vehicles.
The standard defines functional safety as “the absence of unreasonable risk due to hazards caused by malfunctioning behavior of electrical or electronic systems.” ASILs establish safety requirements―based on the probability and acceptability of harm―for automotive components to be compliant with ISO 26262.
There are four ASILs identified by ISO 26262―A, B, C, and D. ASIL A represents the lowest degree and ASIL D represents the highest degree of automotive hazard.
Systems like airbags, anti-lock brakes, and power steering require an ASIL-D grade―the highest rigor applied to safety assurance―because the risks associated with their failure are the highest. On the other end of the safety spectrum, components like rear lights require only an ASIL-A grade. Head lights and brake lights generally would be ASIL-B while cruise control would generally be ASIL-C.
ASIL Classifications

How do ASILs work?​

ASILs are established by performing hazard analysis and risk assessment. For each electronic component in a vehicle, engineers measure three specific variables:
  • Severity (the type of injuries to the driver and passengers)
  • Exposure (how often the vehicle is exposed to the hazard)
  • Controllability (how much the driver can do to prevent the injury)
Each of these variables is broken down into sub-classes. Severity has four classes ranging from “no injuries” (S0) to “life-threatening/fatal injuries” (S3). Exposure has five classes covering the “incredibly unlikely” (E0) to the “highly probable” (E4). Controllability has four classes ranging from “controllable in general” (C0) to “uncontrollable” (C3).
All variables and sub-classifications are analyzed and combined to determine the required ASIL. For example, a combination of the highest hazards (S3 + E4 + C3) would result in an ASIL D classification.

What are the challenges of ASILs?​

Determining an ASIL involves many variables and requires engineers to make assumptions. For example, even if a component is hypothetically “uncontrollable” (C3) and likely to cause “life-threatening/fatal injuries” (S3) if it malfunctions, it could still be classified as ASIL A (low risk) simply because there’s a low probability of exposure (E1) to the hazard.
ASIL definitions are informative rather than prescriptive, so they leave room for interpretation. A lot of room. ASIL vocabulary relies on adverbs (usually, likely, probably, unlikely). Does “usually” avoiding injury mean 60% of the time or 90% of the time? Is the probability of exposure to black ice the same in Tahiti as it is in Canada? And what about traffic density? Rush hour in Los Angeles vs. late morning on an empty stretch of road in the Australian Outback?
Simply put, ASIL classification depends on context and interpretation”

Confused so am I but perhaps confused is not exactly the right term. There are many, many industries and regulation is an industry where the only way to not be confused is to actually work in the industry. Our recent discussion about the ASX Rules is a case in point. (AND by the way this is the simplest explanation I have found.)

So where does that take us well to the presentation by Anil Mankar at the 2021 Ai Field Day to an answers he gave when he was asked the following questions:

“Audience: Are there any car manufacturers using your chips today?

Anil Mankar: They are evaluating technologies, we are developing some Lidar data set applications for them, they will probably, they may not use this current chip because this current chip is not ASIL compatible and things like that but we expect that they will, once they are happy with our network that we are working with them on they might ask us or they might ask one of their suppliers to develop a car certified ASIL certification and if we expect it to be embedded into the chip that are already going into the car, there are lots of companies selling camera chips into the car, there is no reason why they can’t take our IP and do it all ASIL compatible and all that but this current chip that we are developing to assist 28 nanometer is not certified for that but they are using this or testing all the network evaluating power performance and once they are happy we expect them, either them or their vendors, to be a IP customers for us.
(AN ASIDE-Clearly Anil Mankar in the last part is referencing Mercedes Benz who are certainly happy, and so he has stated an IP licence either with them or a Valeo for instance.)

Audience: Okay so you’re in development now but you’re not yet certified, is there a roadmap for that certification? Can you even ballpark a date or you don’t want to talk about it?

Anil Mankar: Actually we don’t have plans to be, customers we are working with are already ASIL certified to be in car like camera chip guys ultrasound, Lidar guys, so we’ll depend on them to because automotive certification all that will be a long process and we’re not trying to be a big manufacturer of IC’a our focus is to enable Ai into all of the applications by supplying the IP. (AN ASIDE-Clearly the camera, ultrasound, Lidar guys includes Valeo)

Audience: Thank you.”

So we’re does this leave us Nviso is demonstrating on a non ASIL certified AKD1000 chip. Nviso does not make chips. Brainchip does not make chips. They have to rely upon a third party for the chip and ASIL certification. This third party will already be in automotive either as a vehicle manufacturer or an OEM like Valeo, Renesas or MegaChips.

I believe that having seen what Nviso and Brainchip can do that monitoring a driver simply for fatigue, definitely would not require the full 80 nodes of AKIDA IP neural fabric nor all of Nviso’s algorithms.

So time will tell if BRN and Nviso are doing this from the 2022/2023 commencement date but I am firm in my belief that the performance and power savings offered by AKIDA that so impressed Mercedes Benz will mean as the switch to EV develops a pace that it is not ‘if’ but ‘when’ their astonishing combination will be adopted and become ubiquitous.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 53 users

IloveLamp

Top 20
  • Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Hi @dippY22 and others

Whether AKIDA will be involved in in cabin monitoring in 2022/23 via Nviso or Valeo or Mercedes Benz is not dependent on the technology but ASIL certification.

“What is ASIL?​

Definition​

ASIL refers to Automotive Safety Integrity Level. It is a risk classification system defined by the ISO 26262 standard for the functional safety of road vehicles.
The standard defines functional safety as “the absence of unreasonable risk due to hazards caused by malfunctioning behavior of electrical or electronic systems.” ASILs establish safety requirements―based on the probability and acceptability of harm―for automotive components to be compliant with ISO 26262.
There are four ASILs identified by ISO 26262―A, B, C, and D. ASIL A represents the lowest degree and ASIL D represents the highest degree of automotive hazard.
Systems like airbags, anti-lock brakes, and power steering require an ASIL-D grade―the highest rigor applied to safety assurance―because the risks associated with their failure are the highest. On the other end of the safety spectrum, components like rear lights require only an ASIL-A grade. Head lights and brake lights generally would be ASIL-B while cruise control would generally be ASIL-C.
ASIL Classifications

How do ASILs work?​

ASILs are established by performing hazard analysis and risk assessment. For each electronic component in a vehicle, engineers measure three specific variables:
Each of these variables is broken down into sub-classes. Severity has four classes ranging from “no injuries” (S0) to “life-threatening/fatal injuries” (S3). Exposure has five classes covering the “incredibly unlikely” (E0) to the “highly probable” (E4). Controllability has four classes ranging from “controllable in general” (C0) to “uncontrollable” (C3).
All variables and sub-classifications are analyzed and combined to determine the required ASIL. For example, a combination of the highest hazards (S3 + E4 + C3) would result in an ASIL D classification.

Determining an ASIL involves many variables and requires engineers to make assumptions. For example, even if a component is hypothetically “uncontrollable” (C3) and likely to cause “life-threatening/fatal injuries” (S3) if it malfunctions, it could still be classified as ASIL A (low risk) simply because there’s a low probability of exposure (E1) to the hazard.
ASIL definitions are informative rather than prescriptive, so they leave room for interpretation. A lot of room. ASIL vocabulary relies on adverbs (usually, likely, probably, unlikely). Does “usually” avoiding injury mean 60% of the time or 90% of the time? Is the probability of exposure to black ice the same in Tahiti as it is in Canada? And what about traffic density? Rush hour in Los Angeles vs. late morning on an empty stretch of road in the Australian Outback?

Confused so am I but perhaps confused is not exactly the right term. There are many, many industries and regulation is an industry where the only way to not be confused is to actually work in the industry. Our recent discussion about the ASX Rules is a case in point. (AND by the way this is the simplest explanation I have found.)

So where does that take us well to the presentation by Anil Mankar at the 2021 Ai Field Day to an answers he gave when he was asked the following questions:

Anil Mankar: They are evaluating technologies, we are developing some Lidar data set applications for them, they will probably, they may not use this current chip because this current chip is not ASIL compatible and things like that but we expect that they will, once they are happy with our network that we are working with them on they might ask us or they might ask one of their suppliers to develop a car certified ASIL certification and if we expect it to be embedded into the chip that are already going into the car, there are lots of companies selling camera chips into the car, there is no reason why they can’t take our IP and do it all ASIL compatible and all that but this current chip that we are developing to assist 28 nanometer is not certified for that but they are using this or testing all the network evaluating power performance and once they are happy we expect them, either them or their vendors, to be a IP customers for us.
(AN ASIDE-Clearly Anil Mankar in the last part is referencing Mercedes Benz who are certainly happy, and so he has stated an IP licence either with them or a Valeo for instance.)

Audience: Okay so you’re in development now but you’re not yet certified, is there a roadmap for that certification? Can you even ballpark a date or you don’t want to talk about it?

Anil Mankar: Actually we don’t have plans to be, customers we are working with are already ASIL certified to be in car like camera chip guys ultrasound, Lidar guys, so we’ll depend on them to because automotive certification all that will be a long process and we’re not trying to be a big manufacturer of IC’a our focus is to enable Ai into all of the applications by supplying the IP. (AN ASIDE-Clearly the camera, ultrasound, Lidar guys includes Valeo)

So we’re does this leave us Nviso is demonstrating on a non ASIL certified AKD1000 chip. Nviso does not make chips. Brainchip does not make chips. They have to rely upon a third party for the chip and ASIL certification. This third party will already be in automotive either as a vehicle manufacturer or an OEM like Valeo, Renesas or MegaChips.

I believe that having seen what Nviso and Brainchip can do that monitoring a driver simply for fatigue, definitely would not require the full 80 nodes of AKIDA IP neural fabric nor all of Nviso’s algorithms.

So time will tell if BRN and Nviso are doing this from the 2022/2023 commencement date but I am firm in my belief that the performance and power savings offered by AKIDA that so impressed Mercedes Benz will mean as the switch to EV develops a pace that it is not ‘if’ but ‘when’ their astonishing combination will be adopted and become ubiquitous.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Fortunately our Ecosystem is ever increasing.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

TasTroy77

Founding Member
  • Love

Crestman

Regular
Hey Perth crew that attended the $1 reunion. Hope you had a great night. Turned into a long session and particularly long for our special guests and local BRN staff so thanks. Great night
Thanks EarlyRelease, was a great night again.

I had a decent chat with PVDM, what a lovely and humble gentleman. I asked him how the partnership with ARM was going to work and he explained this...he said that when ARM have a customer who wants to take on a chip or device with Brainchips IP, then Brainchip will receive $1 Million initially and then 2-3 years later Royalties will flow in and be continuous.

Thats when ONE of their customers does this! How many do they have? This is like having multiple Renasus's or Megachip's potentially. Sorry if that's already known but thought I would share in case it's not.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 73 users

dippY22

Regular
Hi @dippY22 and others

“What is ASIL?​

Definition​

ASIL Classifications

How do ASILs work?​

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
That was interesting. Thanks.

Reactions: 6 users

hotty4040

Regular
I don’t know if this will make you feel better or worse but I can add to the improvement from 250 fps to 1,000 fps but I had hoped one of the tech savvy who were there would have posted about these aspects of the Nviso presentation/demonstration by Tim Llewellyn:

1. AKD1000 is so powerful that running at 1,000 fps as per the video you have seen it is not running at full power and has surplus capacity and inconsequence they are working to add addition features which will include monitoring the drivers health. I was seated behind the front seats and on the display screen which was out of my focal length I struggled to read the boxes but one he pointed too was cardiac.

2. While they will not be able to completely dispense with a CPU to support AKIDA it is so powerful they expect to run a much smaller and hence power efficient CPU than the one demonstrated.

3. I did mention that he said without AKIDA they would not be able to run their Apps in motor vehicles but more importantly he said that there is currently no mobile phone in the world capable of running all their Apps. He stopped at that point but in context it seems reasonable to extrapolate that with AKIDA IP they could.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

I'm tech savvy enough FF to suggest that you might be absolutely correct in this assessment, and perhaps is the reason why BRAINCHIP include the following sentence in their own appraisal of their invention of "spiking neural" chip/IP networks.

>>>>>> Brainchip deploys AI "AT THE EDGE" in a way that existing technologies "CANNOT" <<<<<< Oh, that it were/is true.

I keep buying into this investment because of this statement that they make, because I believe/trust, that there must be a huge element of belief/truth in this claim. This claim I believe is gaining acceptance in a sort of "ubiquitous" ( hopefully ) way IMHO.

Time is on our side, thankfully/hopefully/hopefully/hopefully ;)

Akida Ballista

hotty...

• Love
Reactions: 26 users

dippY22

Regular
Thanks EarlyRelease, was a great night again.

I had a decent chat with PVDM, what a lovely and humble gentleman. I asked him how the partnership with ARM was going to work and he explained this...he said that when ARM have a customer who wants to take on a chip or device with Brainchips IP, then Brainchip will receive $1 Million initially and then 2-3 years later Royalties will flow in and be continuous.

Thats when ONE of their customers does this! How many do they have? This is like having multiple Renasus's or Megachip's potentially. Sorry if that's already known but thought I would share in case it's not.
Well, that seems to answer some questions I have had about these partnerships and how revenue might come from them. Thanks for sharing and thanks for asking the question. dippY

Reactions: 19 users
Good lord! It's literally raining men there! Best get myself along to the next AGM to help even up the numbers. What say you all you other ladies in da house? 👠👄

PS: Is that Hoppy's head that I can see poking out behind Sean's shoulder?

💕🧠 🍟
We definitely need to make sure there are more of us there next year @Bravo 👩‍🦰🫦💄

• Love
Reactions: 22 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Top Bottom