BRN Discussion Ongoing

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!
Hmmmm...I know Intel are still working on Loihi 2, but this has got me thinking whether this is an admission that they need other AI solutions. Hello AKIDA!

1 am.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Get off you're high horse sunny jim, " I said, get off your high horse sunny jim ;)

What a fantastic result chippers, " I said, what a fantastic result chippers ( comrades )

Just like " BRAINCHIP " now for some innovation and honesty in government.

That's my last word on this subject matter, I'm as happy as Larry, I said, I'm as happy as larry 😂🙃🧐

Akida Ballista >>>>>>> Hope the AGM goes well chippers, it will be a good one <<<<<<<

hotty...
Your last word on that subject. Thank goodness.
Now back to the principal reason for this site. Brainchip Akida

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 23 users

Dhm

Regular
Hmmmm...I know Intel are still working on Loihi 2, but this has got me thinking this is an admission that they need other AI solutions. Hello AKIDA!

View attachment 7332
Now wouldn’t that be a nice announcement to be released tomorrow or Tuesday. This is the exciting part of Brennan’s comment, thanks @Bravo !
3C816B5B-F23B-42E7-A486-03C2109DBDA9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 21 users

JK200SX

Regular
Following @Fact Finder ‘s advice I googled Brainchip perspective and a strange Brainchip website popped up. What do we make of this?
https://brainchip.com/about/

View attachment 7322

I google translated the foreign language and it apparently is Latin!

View attachment 7323
Sounds weird to me. Thoughts anyone?
Perhaps this web company is used for their website development.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Newk R

Regular
Not my last word Hotty. Stick to BRN or get off.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

ndefries

Regular
Following @Fact Finder ‘s advice I googled Brainchip perspective and a strange Brainchip website popped up. What do we make of this?
https://brainchip.com/about/

View attachment 7322

I google translated the foreign language and it apparently is Latin!

View attachment 7323
Sounds weird to me. Thoughts anyone?
This is just placeholder text. Websites insert this as they are building to see how the site looks or in preparation for actual content. There are sites that have this Latin available to be pasted into sites. Will change when site is updated.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Deena

Regular
When you wake up this is a paper comparing (not very well) the AiML systems available in the market. Academics do these papers when they cannot think of an original research idea to keep their CV publication numbers up.

The great thing about this paper unlike many such papers is they refer to Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Wow, and they have 125 references. They must do almost as much reading as you FF.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Andy38

The hope of potential generational wealth is real

THE NEXT STEP IN HUMAN​

CENTRIC HEALTHCARE​

NVISO provides artificial intelligence that can sense, assess and act upon human behaviour,transforming patient care for medical devices manufacturers and healthcare service providers.
REQUEST SDK

CREATE NEW PATIENT EXPERIENCES​

HUMAN CENTRIC​

SMART HEALTH​

Modern AI can transform the healthcare industry by analyzing vast amounts of data with incredible accuracy. Build and deploy secure and robust AI-powered medical devices. The NVISO Human Behaviour SDK includes building blocks and tools that accelerate sensor fusion developments that require the increased perception and interaction features enabled by AI including vital sign detection, eye tracking, advanced emotions. Monitoring of both patient and staff identities and activities throughout the patient journey can lead to significantly improved outcomes and efficiencies as well as enhancing security.

ADVANCED EMOTIONS​

Real-time health assessments can assist medical staff and care assistants in both prevention and treatment of conditions. Using AI powered visual observation for measurement of vital signs, assessment of advanced emotional states such as anxiety, stress, and pain in non-communicative and pre-verbal patients, and assessment of mood and fatigue levels information can be gathered to assist in decision making leading to improved patient outcomes whilst delivering increased efficiencies. It thereby lets you look at the cognitive and emotive aspects of communication and patient state, providing you with actionable insights to make smarter decisions.

PATIENT MONITORING AND ASSESSMENT​

Monitoring of patients throughout their care experience integrated with hospital information systems, can lead to a safer, more secure, smoother and more patient centric experience with faster and improved outcomes. Highly accurate biometrics analysis helps in reliable identification of patients to ensure patient security throughout the treatment journey along with the observation of vital signs, management of stress when under treatment and observation of overall mood. Further, observations of body movement can help identify medical conditions along with emergencies such as collapse.

AI APPS FOR​

ADVANCED EMOTIONS​

Advanced Emotions

PATIENT ASSESSMENT​

AI has the ability to transform pain management for vulnerable patients with innovative facial muscle movement analytics. This enables accurate pain assessment of patients with communication difficulties such as dementia or with pre-verbal children.
Patient Monitoring

PATIENT MONITORING​

Highly accurate biometrics analysis helps in the identification of individuals by precisely recognizing their unique characteristics to ensure patient security. Reliably identify patients and caregivers at the bedside and in the home environment.
Patient Profiling and Assessment

PATIENT PROFILING​

Machine learning enables patient emotional profiling to address various challenges in communication and medical procedures. The applications range from identifying patients' reactions to verbal advice, to real-time monitoring in medical operations.
As someone who works in healthcare, this technology is an absolute game changer. Applications not just for hospitals, but private clinics, palliative care and homes in general. Outstanding work, life changing collaborative work with a company such as Nviso is not just beneficial AI, but now considered ESSENTIAL AI- Jerome Nadal has been a great addition with this subtle but effective tag line 💪

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Bravo

As per previous post, Intel is is supporting UCle (Universal Chiplet Innterconnect) which aims to create full interoperability between chiplets from different manufacturers, allowing chips to mix-and-match chiplets as chip makers see fit. Check out the partners (promoters) below.

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 12.40.37 pm.png

Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Launched​

By Patrick Kennedy March 2, 2022

Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Cover Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Cover

Today’s big announcement is the Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express (or UCIe) industry effort. UCIe 1.0 is designed to allow silicon providers to focus on building best-of-breed silicon IP, then having the ability to package these chiplets together. We have been discussing some of the early mentions of these efforts at STH for some time, but now we get to put a name to it.

Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Launched​

As a bit of background here, companies that sell and consume systems need a way to customize chips for unique workloads. The chip industry has become so large that having a small number of monolithic dies servicing all segments does not work. Furthermore, there is now enough worldwide volume to allow more specialization.
A great example of this is the difference between HPC clusters, network firewalls, and web servers. HPC servers need parallel double-precision floating-point processing and high memory bandwidth. Network firewalls need cryptographic offloads, packet processing acceleration, and network interfaces. Web servers can get by with many cores and mostly focus on integer performance while needing to scale core counts. All of these chips are fundamentally different and will have different power, cooling, and networking needs.
Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Motivation Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Motivation
Chiplets provide the path to integrate IP blocks that serve various functions and then package them according to an application. When we hear Intel discuss its plans for its Intel Foundry Services (IFS) and how it plans to help customers, this is exactly why. Intel’s packaging technology allows it to not just manufacture its own chips, but also take chips from other foundries and integrate them into solutions, adding value atop of the entire stack by providing the packaging. If you read our Intel Ponte Vecchio is a Spaceship of a GPU piece, this is perhaps the biggest impact here. Intel is getting into multi-fab packaging, and Ponte Vecchio is a packaging showcase.
Intel Ponte Vecchio Suspended Intel Ponte Vecchio Suspended
AMD for its part has been packaging TSMC compute dies with Global Foundries I/O dies for years and we expect to see more complex packaging in the future. Although we have been discussing Intel a lot here, before we get too far into this, it is worth looking at the promoters:
UCIe Promoters UCIe Promoters
We have the four major hyper-scalers in the US, aside from AWS. We also have many of the world largest chip IP vendors. This is going to happen because big customers want it, and big chip companies are going to provide it. Getting back to the customization aspect, the cloud players may eventually decide to do things like integrating networking or even DPU-like features into chips to streamline their architectures. Since these large players make up such a large piece of the ecosystem, they want specialized chips that cater to their needs.
Saying that companies want to integrate is great, however, desire alone does not make chips. Instead, to get IP from different companies there needs to be some set of standards to allow this to happen. UCIe is that standards effort.
Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Key Metrics Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Key Metrics
This concept we have actually discussed before. In my discussion with Raja Koduri at Intel (see Raja’s Chip Notes) we discussed Lightbender Silicon photonics chiplets that will come in the Falcon Shores era for supercomputers. Raja’s key insight was that one of the biggest challenges with integrating Silicon photonics at Intel has been getting it into monolithic dies. By instead specing a set of interface and power parameters, Intel could have a chip that would fit in a certain size and power envelope (I am probably not supposed to talk about the power, but it makes a lot of sense), and with a set of interfaces, it basically makes future chip building like building software with API’s then building chips with the API’s provided by different teams. Another software way to think about it is like silicon containerization.
Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Characteristics And Key Metrics Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Characteristics And Key Metrics
At the heart of UCIe are some well-known technologies such as PCIe and CXL. This allows chiplets to interface in a common way and transition from external devices to chiplets. UCIe also addresses things like how chiplets are packaged. Of course, in the future, we will see more standardization on things like form factors. After all, a chiplet design becomes more powerful if one can swap new generations of technologies from different vendors as needed. This is just like PCIe cards, OCP NICs, SSDs, and more have standard form factors.
Jumpstarting Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Jumpstarting Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0
When one looks at the usage models for UCIe, it becomes clear what is happening here. Many of the items that used to be add-on boards or devices are going to be packaged together.
The best way I can draw an analogy here is just thinking back to computers of years past. Many of us remember the late 1990’s and early 2000’s when a desktop computer would have a motherboard. There would then be external caches, memory, drives, network cards, GPUs, sound cards, storage adapters, and so forth. If you have seen our TinyMiniMicro series looking at 1L corporate desktop PCs, then you will see systems without these cards sticking out from a large motherboard. Over time, common features get absorbed into larger packages. At the same time, that integration means the amount of connectors on motherboards or those 1L PCs has gone up and that is why adding off-package connectivity is important. Remember, Intel Lightbender will have the ability to reach off-package and connect things like stacks of memory or other chips so Intel needs this capability.
Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Usage Models Universal Chiplet Interconnect Express UCIe 1.0 Usage Models
The bottom line is that this needs to happen in the industry. While companies are talking about handheld devices, perhaps the big driving force these days is in servers. The large cloud providers want to customize silicon for specific roles in their infrastructure.

Final Words​

Looking ahead, it will impact the way we purchase servers and other devices in the future. Having a Lenovo or a HPE Intel Xeon may be different in the future. Folks have been very charged about Lenovo Vendor Locking Ryzen CPUs with AMD PSB, and both Dell and Lenovo doing the same on servers. Chiplets offer a path for fully locking packages and functionalities to certain systems, and creating either more or less interoperability between vendors’ solutions. To us, the one aspect that needs to be clearly addressed in this is defining models for reusability since that circular economy piece has the ability to create or divert large amounts of e-waste.
Overall UCIe is a step into the chiplet world that is needed. There is still work to do, but having standards is important. Not only will it shift how chips are designed, but it will also shift the value chain for those providing, IP, foundry, and packaging services. One of the exciting developments here is that we are nearing an era with many more chip designs than the era we are exiting.
lg.php

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 26 users

Xray1

Regular
I would be interested in just how much Akida has influenced Mercedes‘ battery efficiency. I don’t think that information is actually published but if it is it would be a brilliant calling card for us to use for all other EV manufacturers. Is anyone aware of this?
I still believe that Brainchip should be receiving in their own right substantial carbon credits of additional bonus fees for it's global power savings and the Co's that are also puchasing / using our technology products should also be allowed to claim carbon credits for their own organisations.

• Fire
This would be interesting to know but I suspect it will be impossible to know the exact % of extension to battery life Akida would provide. Only Mercedes would know this and I doubt that they would make such details public knowledge.
Perhaps some of the more technically minded contributors would like to comment.
This was not easy to find:

artificial intelligence

BrainChip Gives the Green Light to Automotive Innovation​

For more than 90 years, the car radio has been a ubiquitous accessory found in automobiles worldwide. Whether catching up on news, weather or traffic, or rocking out to the oldies or Top 40 songs, its hard to imagine riding in silence on trips to the grocery store or cross country. And while we take these audio devices for granted today, getting them integrated into cars wasn’t an overnight success.
Radio technology was first considered for cars as early as 1904 but speech and music transmission wasn’t even feasible for another 5 years or so. It would take another decade before the technology of vacuum tubes would progress to the point where car radios could exist but issues of voltage, electric interference from engines, heat dissipation from tubes and the size of components were still impediments to its success. When the first after-market radios were sold, the cost was so prohibitive, only the wealthy could even consider them.
The Gavin brothers came up with a way to break up the components – with the receiver, controller, speakers, batteries and antennas installed in different sections of the car and wired together to achieve the necessary radio reception to produce a stable sound experience. The resulting company created from this success – Motorola – is still a leading telecommunications enterprise today.
In the subsequent years, hundreds of technologies have been integrated into the automobile. Volkswagen introduced the first vehicle with a computer controlled electronic fuel injection system in 1968. The 1970s saw Japanese auto makers integrate circuits and microcontrollers into windshield wipers, electronic locks and engine controls. Tire sensors, climate control, electronic brakes, blind spot detection systems and more have all transitioned from nice-to-haves to must-haves among car buyers.
Today, processors are being implemented in car systems leveraging AI algorithms to advance “Smart Cars” from Sci-Fi to reality. And like the early attempts at successfully installing a working radio into a car’s dashboard, various applications have had varying results as manufacturers look to overcome limitations in technology for a more seamless experience.

Low Power, High Functionality​

One of the biggest limitations that the automotive industry faces in this transition is the compute power required to make calculations in real time. As the industry moves from simple mechanical machines to electronic systems actually controlling propulsion, braking, maintenance, safety, and in cabin automation there is an increasing need to find solutions that provide significant reductions on battery consumption to ensure that vehicles retain their maximum efficiency.
A limitation of EVs often overlooked by consumers (the limitation is well known to manufacturers) is that batteries degrade over time. We see it with many electronic devices that need frequent charging – battery cells can become “leaky” with maximum charge capacity lessening the more a vehicle is driven. Having dozens or hundreds of “beefy” electronic processors can hasten the decline on a car’s electric and battery systems. Implementing an ultra-low power, flexible, self-contained, event-based neural processor that is capable of inferencing and learning to support today’s most common neural networks can have a profound effect on the efficiency of vehicles and their effect on the environment. These neural-network processors can extend battery life by more than 50+ miles per vehicle. And with millions of cars on the road, this exponentially improves the need for charging and minimizes how many spent batteries are disposed of over time.
Many AI training modules require sensors to collect data and send it to the cloud for analysis. While to human perception, this process is extremely fast, the level of latency required to calculate is far too long in real-world settings. Object detection of stop signs or lights might be more readily accessible through Deep Learning algorithms but can these processors detect the difference between a rock and a plastic bag quick enough or with enough accuracy effectively?

All the Feels​

A lot of the focus when discussing automotive sensors tend to center on visual-based sensors but the automobiles being produced right now can leverage multiple senses to determine problems. In addition to cameras, there are sensors that can detect a smell that indicates oil is burning or that a cabin filter needs to be replaced. Other sensors can feel or hear vibrations of various parts to diagnose whether a part has become lose or whether something is damaged.
When operating in a healthy state, a piece of machinery produces an expected vibration or sound. As that equipment ages over time, those sounds or vibrations change. By the time humans can perceive these changes – something’s “rattling” or there’s a constant humming where there wasn’t any sound before – an edge AI processor can sense an impeding problem through real-time analysis of sensor data. This early detection can help solve problems at a much earlier stage and reduce deterioration in real-time, providing invaluable progress towards complete safety and reducing maintenance costs.

Conclusion​

The automotive industry is undergoing a tremendous transformation right now. From government mandates requiring manufacturers to move away from gas-powered vehicles to businesses looking to minimize labor costs by adopting autonomous vehicles, the future begins now.
AI and Deep Learning tools are already being deployed in the industry in an attempt to make these cars smarter and safer. But much like implementing radios into cars in the early 20th Century, there are issues and complexities that are complicating these efforts. By moving AI out of the data center to the location where data is created, a lot of these problems can be averted.
BrainChip’s Akida AI neural processor is an event-based technology that is inherently lower power when compared to conventional neural network processors. By allowing incremental learning and high-speed inferencing, Akida overcomes current technology barriers through a high-performance, low-cost, very efficient low-power solution. It’s the kind of solution that is music to the ears of automotive manufactures and OEM’s looking to bring their ideas to life. 1000 miles on a single charge here we come!”

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 61 users
Hmmmm...I know Intel are still working on Loihi 2, but this has got me thinking whether this is an admission that they need other AI solutions. Hello AKIDA!

View attachment 7332
Hi Bravo. Thanks for sharing, this article for me is two things.

1. Validation by Intel of the massive role that AI will play in computing and so many aspects of our daily lives now and into the future.
2. Evidence that anything else currently available that isn't utilising AKIDA is merely a work around or a compromise.

Every issue raised could be solved by AKIDA in a much simpler way than that that is being proposed (if at all) I came away from reading it feeling a further sense of belief in our company, position in the market and future.

I particularly liked -
"We see this explosion of use cases. If you are not applying AI to every one of your business processes, you are falling behind," Gelsinger said.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love

Shiplap

Emerged
Hi FF,

This sounds like PainChek, another Australian company. I believe Painchek has been working with NVISO for a few years. I had always hoped Brainchip would become involved with Painchek’s technology.

THE NEXT STEP IN HUMAN
CENTRIC HEALTHCARE​

NVISO provides artificial intelligence that can sense, assess and act upon human behaviour,transforming patient care for medical devices manufacturers and healthcare service providers.
REQUEST SDK

CREATE NEW PATIENT EXPERIENCES
HUMAN CENTRIC​

SMART HEALTH​

Modern AI can transform the healthcare industry by analyzing vast amounts of data with incredible accuracy. Build and deploy secure and robust AI-powered medical devices. The NVISO Human Behaviour SDK includes building blocks and tools that accelerate sensor fusion developments that require the increased perception and interaction features enabled by AI including vital sign detection, eye tracking, advanced emotions. Monitoring of both patient and staff identities and activities throughout the patient journey can lead to significantly improved outcomes and efficiencies as well as enhancing security.

ADVANCED EMOTIONS​

Real-time health assessments can assist medical staff and care assistants in both prevention and treatment of conditions. Using AI powered visual observation for measurement of vital signs, assessment of advanced emotional states such as anxiety, stress, and pain in non-communicative and pre-verbal patients, and assessment of mood and fatigue levels information can be gathered to assist in decision making leading to improved patient outcomes whilst delivering increased efficiencies. It thereby lets you look at the cognitive and emotive aspects of communication and patient state, providing you with actionable insights to make smarter decisions.

PATIENT MONITORING AND ASSESSMENT​

Monitoring of patients throughout their care experience integrated with hospital information systems, can lead to a safer, more secure, smoother and more patient centric experience with faster and improved outcomes. Highly accurate biometrics analysis helps in reliable identification of patients to ensure patient security throughout the treatment journey along with the observation of vital signs, management of stress when under treatment and observation of overall mood. Further, observations of body movement can help identify medical conditions along with emergencies such as collapse.

AI APPS FOR
ADVANCED EMOTIONS​

Advanced Emotions

PATIENT ASSESSMENT​

AI has the ability to transform pain management for vulnerable patients with innovative facial muscle movement analytics. This enables accurate pain assessment of patients with communication difficulties such as dementia or with pre-verbal children.
Patient Monitoring

PATIENT MONITORING​

Highly accurate biometrics analysis helps in the identification of individuals by precisely recognizing their unique characteristics to ensure patient security. Reliably identify patients and caregivers at the bedside and in the home environment.
Patient Profiling and Assessment

PATIENT PROFILING​

Machine learning enables patient emotional profiling to address various challenges in communication and medical procedures. The applications range from identifying patients' reactions to verbal advice, to real-time monitoring in medical operations.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Not too long until AGM where a potential for an announcement is the same for no announcements. I have toped up on friday please bring me some beautiful update company

• Love
Hi Yak52
I'm pretty sure our CEO stated in a interview a while back he is expecting a breakeven point between revenue and expenses around the end of 2022.
The inspirational Fact Finder would be able to clarify if this was stated but I'm pretty confident this is correct.
Keep up the good analysis and discussion(y)(y)
I think this is now more nuanced than when first stated by the CEO Sean Hehir.

In his last interview that I listened to he was asked in question time about giving income guidance and he said words to the effect ‘That is not something that we are doing but it is something which the Board has agreed to review/discuss at the beginning of 2023.’

My present view is that Sean Hehir has stepped back from ‘break even’ end 2022 which I personally thought was a very bold prediction because of what appears to be explosive growth going on around Brainchip, the major publicity drive orchestrated by Jerome Nadel and the burgeoning market that is opening up as a result of government legislation and the Von Neumann bandwidth bottleneck.

These things are known unknowns which I would consider impossible to properly cost.

A simple example of what I mean is Brainchip Engineering Support for Customers.

In the past Brainchip dealt with this by saying we are putting a cap on the number of EAP customers at about 2 dozen.

If as Brainchip now is bent on becoming ubiquitous and the default standard they cannot cap the number of customer engagements.

So being conservative let’s say between now and beginning of fourth quarter Brainchip has 200 new customer engagements all requiring engineering support then this must blow out the windows on only having about 100 employees by end 2022.

If Brainchip has to find extra employees then they have to find extra space which I believe is already occurring in Perth.

In business when success takes hold it is like hanging onto a bull by the tail. I have been there.

This is not a bad thing, do not get me wrong, but true explosive growth is the wildest ride you can be on in business and trying to do forward budgets is near impossible.

The great thing about the growth is that even though you are paying out money left right and centre and have no idea how much you will need from minute to minute YOU CAN VALUE YOUR WORK IN PROGRESS and start to make accurate future earnings predictions with high accuracy.

If I am reading things correctly not reaching break even by end of 2022 as a result of growth is the best news shareholders could have. Time will tell.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

Slade

Top 20

In his last interview that I listened to he was asked in question time about giving income guidance and he said words to the effect ‘That is not something that we are doing but it is something which the Board has agreed to review/discuss at the beginning of 2023.’

My present view is that Sean Hehir has stepped back from ‘break even’ end 2022 which I personally thought was a very bold prediction because of what appears to be explosive growth going on around Brainchip, the major publicity drive orchestrated by Jerome Nadel and the burgeoning market that is opening up as a result of government legislation and the Von Neumann bandwidth bottleneck.

These things are known unknowns which I would consider impossible to properly cost.

In the past Brainchip dealt with this by saying we are putting a cap on the number of EAP customers at about 2 dozen.

If as Brainchip now is bent on becoming ubiquitous and the default standard they cannot cap the number of customer engagements.

So being conservative let’s say between now and beginning of fourth quarter Brainchip has 200 new customer engagements all requiring engineering support then this must blow out the windows on only having about 100 employees by end 2022.

If Brainchip has to find extra employees then they have to find extra space which I believe is already occurring in Perth.

In business when success takes hold it is like hanging onto a bull by the tail. I have been there.

This is not a bad thing, do not get me wrong, but true explosive growth is the wildest ride you can be on in business and trying to do forward budgets is near impossible.

The great thing about the growth is that even though you are paying out money left right and centre and have no idea how much you will need from minute to minute YOU CAN VALUE YOUR WORK IN PROGRESS and start to make accurate future earnings predictions with high accuracy.

If I am reading things correctly not reaching break even by end of 2022 as a result of growth is the best news shareholders could have. Time will tell.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
“…they have to find extra space which I believe is already occurring in Perth.”
Is PVDM looking for more office space?

• Love

Bravo

@Diogenese hopefully you’ll know if this looks like we’re involved. Links to the XMOS website and processors below

Website

XCORE.AI
XCORE-200

View attachment 7285

View attachment 7286
Hi TLS, still trying to get the bottom of XMOS and their Xcore.ai to establish whether they're a competitor or not. Here's another recent article written by the CTO, Henk Muller which aslo seems to be spruiking all of the advantages that Akida can offer, that is unless their Xcore.ai chip offers similar benefits (which it seems like it does from the last link in this post). The second article from 2020 says that some of its strategic partners were Robert Bosch Venture Capital, Huawei, and Xilinx.

Henk Muller

Henk Muller, CTO, XMOS

May 20, 2022

How to ensure that the smart home doesn’t jeopardize data privacy?​

The smart home has been much hyped for what feels a very long-time, but I think it is fair to say that the smart home era is now truly upon us. This status has been almost entirely driven by the rise of the smart speaker – the first truly mass-market smart home device.
smart home data privacy

Data from IMARC Group puts the value of the smart speaker market at $5.08bn last year, and it is expected to hit $21.94bn by 2027. Such widespread adoption is laying the foundations for the smart home of the future.
People already demonstrate a high degree of trust in voice control/interaction. However, as more and more people buy into the smart home and devices proliferate, there is an ever-bigger price to pay when it comes to data security and privacy.

The balance between convenience and privacy​

To put it another way, Alexa might be helpful when she turns off the lights, but the reliance on a permanent link to the cloud means that she is also leaving the back door open from a privacy point of view.
That is not just a technical fact, it is also an ethical question. It is certainly convenient for your devices to be listening for their particular wake word. But it is also a major consumer concern that every audible event in their house is being captured, digitized and streamed to the cloud.
Of course, this mechanism isn’t just borne out of technical necessity – it is also fuelling the ad-based business models of Amazon, Google, and others. However, this might prove ultimately self-defeating. There is a much lower ceiling to the smart home market if consumer concerns around data privacy cannot be solved – not just for today’s smart speakers, but also for whatever devices come next.
What this means is that there is a technical balance to be found if the smart home is to truly thrive. Without the ability to recognise people and respond to commands it is difficult to see what the smart home is “for”. At the same time, we must avoid a situation where people feel like they are constantly under surveillance in their own home.
How we find that balance is very much the million-dollar question for the smart home industry right now.

Enter edge AI​

The key to delivering on a more private smart home is to make devices more intelligent in and of themselves.
TVs, soundbars, smart speakers, and even remote healthcare monitoring devices all have one thing in common — they all want to become “smarter”. But currently the only way to do that is through the cloud. Commands and signals given to a smart speaker are not processed by the device. Instead, the data is transmitted to the cloud for interpretation, contextualization and then instructions and actions are sent back to the speaker.
There is an alternative to the cloud-based IoT – the Artificial Intelligence of Things (AIoT). The AIoT model involves putting intelligence and processing power directly in the end point device – enabling the device itself to interpret and action commands locally – cutting the cord with the cloud.
The problem is that delivering this edge intelligence has been easier said than done. To date, the chips that can deliver this intelligence are expensive, difficult to work with and time consuming to design into products.

Delivering the AIoT​

There is no doubt that the chip design challenges of the AIoT are significant. To end the reliance on the cloud requires an entirely new type of processor that brings together AI, DSP, control, and I/O in a single device, versatile enough to let the designer determine the balance between the four. All of that must also be delivered in a small package and with a low overall BOM cost.
Creating such an infinitely programmable device with fast processing and neural network capabilities is no small task. But it is essential to smart home privacy. It enables collected information to be processed locally while keeping personal data secure and executing actions almost immediately.
It is also worth noting that having this sort of intelligence freely available at the edge of networks will make it viable to add more sophisticated capabilities to smart home devices. With a new class of processor, presence detection, face and image identification, and even life sign monitoring can be added to devices – capturing rich, contextual data to build an intelligent understanding of the operating environment within a closed loop system, without the need for the cloud, or indeed, without exposing data to the cloud.
Of course, severing the link with the cloud isn’t the only requirement for secure smart home devices. Advanced security features including secure boot, one-time-programmable key storage, true random number generation and custom security instructions are also crucial to protecting consumers’ data.

Security and privacy are non-negotiable for the smart home​

Making devices capable of processing data locally, and reacting to the results based on local AI, would represent a huge stride forward in data privacy.
There is an argument that says this will be too much of a trade-off compared to the personalisation and user experience that cloud-based systems currently enable. But it is not the case that personal information is required to deliver smart home services. Visual and audio sensors, enabled by edge AI, are more than capable of determining the difference between a child’s voice and a parent’s – enabling the device to ignore commands from children to turn the oven on, or to order age restricted items.
Over time these capabilities can scale up to enable very sophisticated functions without transmitting any personally identifiable information to the cloud. For example, visual and sound sensors could work in concert to observe a room in which someone injures themselves in a fall, alerting the emergency services as a result.
Delivering on this more sophisticated vision of the smart home requires devices that have the intelligence and the collective sensor array that is capable of painting that picture. The shift towards privacy, and prioritising AI-enabled sensors over data collection, is the absolutely crucial pre-requisite to making this version of the smart home a reality.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

hotty4040

Regular

OMG, another horse rider.... grumpies on horse back with no sense of humor, God help us. Give us a nice meaty, principled post then TUA that's
more on topic then will you, sometime soon perhaps, maybe... :mad: if you're so upset.

Ah, don't be a spoil sport TUA, just settle down will you, and just enjoy yourself, life will go on you know. It's not the only comments that I made that have been a bit off topic, in these threads, imo, but non the less pertinent and topical atm. The results of this election could have ( tongue in cheek somewhat mind ) some interesting ramifications in time. Who knows. If the election had of had a differing result, then quite likely there would have been no change at all. Anyway, I'm having a terrific day, I'm all smiles for various reasons, not least the subject matter of this very energizing thread input.

For the one or two who I've offended, please, oh please just ( get a life, please ) calm down a little and go and hug your loved ones for a change !

hotty...

Oh Akida Ballista, as well, it's getting more exciting all the time.

gltah ( even the grumpy ones ;) ) may we all prosper in the fullness of time.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
All of the six currently listed job openings on Brainchips website are for Sales, engineering or technical customer support. Five of these six roles are of technical support or development in nature. And two of these five are listed as directly working with and to provide support to and help develop technical solutions to our clients.

These six positions represent an increase on current staff numbers by approx 10% and all are located in the US. Explosive growth you say... i reckon we might just be setting our team in preparation for the wild ride to begin.

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Top Bottom