BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I made the same mistake last night šŸ˜‚ Ended up launching on one of the downramping flogs! No good for the blood pressure šŸ˜‚
I was trolling there also and saw your posts @AusEire, I even gave them a like, you made very valid points. But I felt sorry for the time you wasted, they really arenā€˜t worth the effort.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
It didnt load

Musta been an EAP client...
It just did when I tried it perhaps you could copy and paste to your browser. FF

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 118

Iā€™m going to the other side for a read

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users
D

Deleted member 118

And now

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Here is a small project for a 1,000 Eyer who is on Facebook.

SiFive have a Facebook page and on it is a link to a Forbes article covering the $125 million raise and the sale of its design business for $210 million, itā€™s intention to concentrate oN a straight IP model in direct competition with ARM, its current customers, itā€™s mass recruiting of staff and its future directions.

I think because I am not on Facebook it will not let me copy the article to bring here.

I believe this article fits nicely with the reason SiFive has partnered with Brainchip when you add in @Diogenese explanation as to how AKIDA IP overcomes the need for customisation for each new customer which would have necessitated holding onto their design arm.

So that my theory can be torn apart it would be great if someone can extract and post this article.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining
I was trolling there also and saw your posts @AusEire, I even gave them a like, you made very valid points. But I felt sorry for the time you wasted, they really arenā€˜t worth the effort.
I'm actually very surprised I wasn't banned after my tirade šŸ˜‚ It definitely didn't do my blood pressure any good šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
D

Deleted member 118

SiFive have a Facebook page and on it is a link to a Forbes article covering the $125 million raise and the sale of its design business for $210 million, itā€™s intention to concentrate oN a straight IP model in direct competition with ARM, its current customers, itā€™s mass recruiting of staff and its future directions.

I think because I am not on Facebook it will not let me copy the article to bring here.

I believe this article fits nicely with the reason SiFive has partnered with Brainchip when you add in @Diogenese explanation as to how AKIDA IP overcomes the need for customisation for each new customer which would have necessitated holding onto their design arm.

So that my theory can be torn apart it would be great if someone can extract and post this article.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Is this the one

• Love

AusEire

Founding Member. It's ok to say No to Dot Joining

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Is this it mate?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tirias...t-on-the-home-stretch-to-ipo/?sh=24e7253b9aec

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Received this email this morning from my broker:

Adjusting your portfolio
We have identified several growth opportunities that we would like to apply to your investment in XXXXXX in the near future. The first includes taking a small position in an ASX300 stock called Brainchip that we believe has strong growth prospectsā€¦ā€

Further good news!

Panda
And if the brokers are saying this to their individual customers, that means the broker/instoā€™s have already bought and taken their position.

Let the ride up continue!

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users

hamilton66

Regular
Some very interesting articles in the newsroom...šŸ¤“šŸ˜
They've got $175 mill to invest..
They going all in with their chips banking on a royal flush with AKIDA
ā™£ļøā™ ļøšŸ–¤ ?
A, like the Mercedes agreement, no ann to market. This will take a couple of days to filter thru. When it does?
Personally, I think the ann is significant. I love it. Another deal, more validation, and more fun tickets coming into the bank in the future. We're all going to have to get used to a life led by 4cs. I'm ok with that. Faith. And patience.
GLTA

• Fire
Reactions: 25 users

Getupthere

Regular

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
Reactions: 7 users

Potato

Regular
Given the timing of the different announcements, Renesas and BrainChip in Dec2020, Renesas and SiFive April 2021, and now BrainChip and SiFive. It looks to me like Renesas discovered Akida first and that SiFive on seeing Renesasā€™s adoption of Akida have decided to partner with BrainChip. So while it might be sometime before we see revenue from the SiFive collaboration and an actual commercial agreement materialize, we do have a commercial agreement with Renesas and Akida could very well be in Renesas latest generation of their RZ/Five.
At the beginning of this week, i prayed that God would deliver some good news.
Thank you kind sir!

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

This should bring a little joy to the lonely. You need to read the whole article but when you read about the power consumption they crow about achieving you will be very pleased as SiFive is with having found Brainchip.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 17 users

Slade

Top 20
865DB552-FC55-47E7-BFA4-933F14321126.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Is this the one

Yes sorry Rocket you won but there is now no excuse for this article not to be read by everyone. šŸ¤£ FF

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Ahboy

Regular
From our new partner:
https://venturebeat.com/2022/04/05/brainchip-sifive-partner-to-bring-ai-and-ml-to-edge-computing/

3 questions for BrainChip​

VentureBeat asked Jack Kang, senior vice president of Business Development, Customer Experience (CX), Corporate Marketing at SiFive, a few specific questions about the news and the relevance of the partnership.

VentureBeat: What is the No. 1 business takeaway from this announcement?

Jack Kang:
For SiFive, this announcement shows the ongoing uptake of the SiFive Intelligence family of RISC-V-based processor IP. More companies are choosing RISC-V to be part of their product roadmap strategy, and SiFive is the leading provider of commercial RISC-V IP. In the emerging green-field markets of AI/ML-enabled platforms, such as the edge processing market targeted by BrainChip, the performance per area and efficiency advantages of SiFive processor architecture makes the SiFive Intelligence family a competitive choice.

VentureBeat: Does BrainChip use any of Armā€™s IP in its chips? Arm is known for low-power and high performance.

Kang:
BrainChip has discussed Arm IP for their product line. Arm processors have built a reputation for low-power based on comparisons to x86-based products. SiFive Intelligence products compare well to Arm products through offering improved performance-per-area of up to 30% combined with a single ISA for simpler programming, and a modular approach that aligns well to working with hardened AI IP such as developed by BrainChip.

VentureBeat: Can you expand upon this statement: ā€œ(Brainchip) mimics the human brain to analyze only essential sensor inputs at the point of acquisition.ā€

Kang:
This statement refers to the ability of humans to focus on whatā€™s important. For example listening to a conversation in a coffee shop while still registering and acknowledging background sounds. The BrainChip solution will mimic this ability to reduce power and increase efficiency by focusing on the important data being processed. This is similar to, but a step beyond, the adoption of mixed and lower precision data types (INT8 vs FP16) to speed up and improve the efficiency of AI/ML processing.

• Fire
Reactions: 37 users

Diogenese

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Has Akida got its head in the clouds?

The original Business wire article from @Csharmo talks about SiFive and Akida at the edge. But which edge are they talking about?

SiFive Intelligenceā„¢ solutions with their highly configurable multi-core, multi-cluster capable design, integrate software and hardware to accelerate AI/ML applications. The integration of BrainChipā€™s Akida technology and SiFiveā€™s multi-core capable RISC-V processors will provide a highly efficient solution for integrated edge AI compute.

SiFive Intelligenceā„¢-based processors offer industry leading performance and efficiency for AI and ML workloads. The highly configurable multi-core, multi-cluster capable design has been optimized for the broadest range of applications requiring high-throughput, single-thread performance while under the tightest power and area constraints.

ā€œEmploying Akida, BrainChipā€™s specialized, differentiated AI engine, with high-performance RISC-V processors such as the SiFive Intelligence Series is a natural choice for companies looking to seamlessly integrate an optimized processor to dedicated ML accelerators that are a must for the demanding requirements of edge AI computing,ā€ said Chris Jones, vice president, products at SiFive. ā€œBrainChip is a valuable addition to our ecosystem portfolioā€

The original Business wire article from @Csharmo talks about SiFive and Akida at the edge. But which edge are they talking about?

https://www.sifive.com/cores/intelligence-x280

The SiFiveĀ® Intelligenceā„¢ X280 is a multi-core capable RISC-V processor with vector extensions and SiFive Intelligence Extensions and is optimized for AI/ML compute at the edge.
In addition to ML inferencing, it is ideal for applications requiring high-throughput, single-thread performance while under power constraints (e.g., AR, VR, sensor hubs, IVI systems, IP cameras, digital cameras, gaming devices
).

There are some pretty heavy processing loads there - so not your fridge nose.

Then we get to the FB post:

The fastest CPU core announced to date from SiFive is the P650 core which has up to a 50% performance improvement over its predecessor, the P550. SiFive achieved that level of performance uplift by widening the out-of-order execution over the P550 and improving clock speeds.

Using the integer SPEC performance benchmark (SPECint) and normalizing for clock speed, SiFive says the P650 will be comparable to the Arm Cortex-A77 announced about three years ago. SiFive also offers customers the ability to build multicore complexes with up to 16 CPU cores.

[### The cortex A77 is used in the Samsung Galaxy S10 Note. So this is much more at the thick end of the edge.]

The companyā€™s performance trajectory suggest that it will be able to meet or exceed the performance of the best Arm cores, including the Arm Neoverse core for data center applications, within the next few years. To get there, SiFive will need to build multiple CPU design teams that can deliver a constant stream of new and improved CPU designs based on the latest semiconductor process nodes and hence it needs to hire mode engineers.

There has been some discussion about Akida in the cloud before. SiFive need to be able to match or better ARM's cloud servers. So combining their CPU with power saving and acceleration from Akida may be the answer.

The question is, does this put Akida on the stairway to heaven?

Looks very promising!

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
Top Bottom