BRN Discussion Ongoing

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

I’d love to see “Akida inside“ labels in the future, but it seems that will never happen.

We are left to judge Akida’s success only by counting the revenue. C'est la vie! But it will be a good problem for investors to have.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Chilling

on the 19th when they launch the electric SUV EQS - i am hoping there will be akida in it. If it is - if yes, hope we have an announcement soon - because EQS is not a concept car and something which is available 2022.
Hoping is not the word I would use we should all be praying even those of us who aren't religious.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Learning

Learning to the Top 🕵‍♂️
Has Akida got its head in the clouds?

The original Business wire article from @Csharmo talks about SiFive and Akida at the edge. But which edge are they talking about?

SiFive Intelligence™ solutions with their highly configurable multi-core, multi-cluster capable design, integrate software and hardware to accelerate AI/ML applications. The integration of BrainChip’s Akida technology and SiFive’s multi-core capable RISC-V processors will provide a highly efficient solution for integrated edge AI compute.

SiFive Intelligence™-based processors offer industry leading performance and efficiency for AI and ML workloads. The highly configurable multi-core, multi-cluster capable design has been optimized for the broadest range of applications requiring high-throughput, single-thread performance while under the tightest power and area constraints.

“Employing Akida, BrainChip’s specialized, differentiated AI engine, with high-performance RISC-V processors such as the SiFive Intelligence Series is a natural choice for companies looking to seamlessly integrate an optimized processor to dedicated ML accelerators that are a must for the demanding requirements of edge AI computing,” said Chris Jones, vice president, products at SiFive. “BrainChip is a valuable addition to our ecosystem portfolio”

The original Business wire article from @Csharmo talks about SiFive and Akida at the edge. But which edge are they talking about?

https://www.sifive.com/cores/intelligence-x280

The SiFive® Intelligence™ X280 is a multi-core capable RISC-V processor with vector extensions and SiFive Intelligence Extensions and is optimized for AI/ML compute at the edge.
In addition to ML inferencing, it is ideal for applications requiring high-throughput, single-thread performance while under power constraints (e.g., AR, VR, sensor hubs, IVI systems, IP cameras, digital cameras, gaming devices
).

There are some pretty heavy processing loads there - so not your fridge nose.

Then we get to the FB post:

The fastest CPU core announced to date from SiFive is the P650 core which has up to a 50% performance improvement over its predecessor, the P550. SiFive achieved that level of performance uplift by widening the out-of-order execution over the P550 and improving clock speeds.

Using the integer SPEC performance benchmark (SPECint) and normalizing for clock speed, SiFive says the P650 will be comparable to the Arm Cortex-A77 announced about three years ago. SiFive also offers customers the ability to build multicore complexes with up to 16 CPU cores.

[### The cortex A77 is used in the Samsung Galaxy S10 Note. So this is much more at the thick end of the edge.]

The company’s performance trajectory suggest that it will be able to meet or exceed the performance of the best Arm cores, including the Arm Neoverse core for data center applications, within the next few years. To get there, SiFive will need to build multiple CPU design teams that can deliver a constant stream of new and improved CPU designs based on the latest semiconductor process nodes and hence it needs to hire mode engineers.

There has been some discussion about Akida in the cloud before. SiFive need to be able to match or better ARM's cloud servers. So combining their CPU with power saving and acceleration from Akida may be the answer.

The question is, does this put Akida on the stairway to heaven?
So this is could be the possibility near future?

Its great to be a shareholder.

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
I love Coldplay!
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall GIF by Coldplay

😜

It really is great to be a shareholder at this stage of the journey.

Hockey stick revenue growth this time next year.

Reactions: 7 users

Baisyet

Regular
THE MERCEDES VIDEO IS SOMETHING OUR INVESTMENT DREAMS FOR BRAINCHIP HAVE BEEN BUILT ON MADE REAL.

Thank you to all who have shared this I have only watched it three times but on my phone and cannot wait to see it on the big screen. When we are mega rich we could hire the IMAX theatre at Darling Harbour for the $10.00 party and have it running on a loop. 🤣😂🍻💵🥂🍾

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Morning FF its so exciting but how will our ASX market react that is another ball game isn't it. With such a good news yesterday it didn't manage to go green but managed to snap up small parcel just to make sure it doesnt go to manipulators hand. I did what with what ever fund i had hoping one day this investment will bring good return. I am into my mid 50"s and my investment is for our retirement as well.
Cheers and good luck to BRN teeam and holders of great faith for Akida.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Has Akida got its head in the clouds?

SiFive Intelligence™ solutions with their highly configurable multi-core, multi-cluster capable design, integrate software and hardware to accelerate AI/ML applications. The integration of BrainChip’s Akida technology and SiFive’s multi-core capable RISC-V processors will provide a highly efficient solution for integrated edge AI compute.

SiFive Intelligence™-based processors offer industry leading performance and efficiency for AI and ML workloads. The highly configurable multi-core, multi-cluster capable design has been optimized for the broadest range of applications requiring high-throughput, single-thread performance while under the tightest power and area constraints.

“Employing Akida, BrainChip’s specialized, differentiated AI engine, with high-performance RISC-V processors such as the SiFive Intelligence Series is a natural choice for companies looking to seamlessly integrate an optimized processor to dedicated ML accelerators that are a must for the demanding requirements of edge AI computing,” said Chris Jones, vice president, products at SiFive. “BrainChip is a valuable addition to our ecosystem portfolio”

https://www.sifive.com/cores/intelligence-x280

The SiFive® Intelligence™ X280 is a multi-core capable RISC-V processor with vector extensions and SiFive Intelligence Extensions and is optimized for AI/ML compute at the edge.
In addition to ML inferencing, it is ideal for applications requiring high-throughput, single-thread performance while under power constraints (e.g., AR, VR, sensor hubs, IVI systems, IP cameras, digital cameras, gaming devices
).

There are some pretty heavy processing loads there - so not your fridge nose.

Then we get to the FB post:

The fastest CPU core announced to date from SiFive is the P650 core which has up to a 50% performance improvement over its predecessor, the P550. SiFive achieved that level of performance uplift by widening the out-of-order execution over the P550 and improving clock speeds.

Using the integer SPEC performance benchmark (SPECint) and normalizing for clock speed, SiFive says the P650 will be comparable to the Arm Cortex-A77 announced about three years ago. SiFive also offers customers the ability to build multicore complexes with up to 16 CPU cores.

[### The cortex A77 is used in the Samsung Galaxy S10 Note. So this is much more at the thick end of the edge.]

The company’s performance trajectory suggest that it will be able to meet or exceed the performance of the best Arm cores, including the Arm Neoverse core for data center applications, within the next few years. To get there, SiFive will need to build multiple CPU design teams that can deliver a constant stream of new and improved CPU designs based on the latest semiconductor process nodes and hence it needs to hire mode engineers.

There has been some discussion about Akida in the cloud before. SiFive need to be able to match or better ARM's cloud servers. So combining their CPU with power saving and acceleration from Akida may be the answer.

The question is, does this put Akida on the stairway to heaven?
I believe Akida is still at the “far-edge”, to use a term coined by Rob Telson (I believe). Where the actual inputs are processed to differenciate the important stuff from the noise. And where micro- and milli-watts are consumed

The term “edge” has unfortunately seemed to shift a fair way away from the far-edge. It now encompasses not only the entire smart sensor but actuators to respond to sensor, mechanisms to perform an activity, and mechanisms to provide feedback up the chain - ultimately to a human operator . i.e. the entire system. Power consumption will still be important, but I dare say it might be slipping up into partial watts.

Maybe this edge is more the point from which the human operator no longer needs to care about what goes on under the bonnet. This definition of an edge could be applied to physical objects such as cameras, car dash boards and the like.

The SiFive—BrainChip partnership seems to be creating something that will satisfy this edge, and that’s Ok by me because that is an easy edge to market and for the world to relate to. The world loves a system that does something tangeable. I think the general consumer market struggles to recognise the advantages of a spiking neural network. So let’s stop confusing them.

A Polish colleague of mine, who learnt English as a second language and hence was VERY specific with grammar, would have said this edge is not “the edge” but rather is just “an edge”. There are many interfaces that can be called “an edge” and even “another edge” but there is only one that can be called “the edge”.

“The edge” is, in all reality, the “far-edge”! The point where the stimuli and initial responses exist!

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users

RobjHunt

Regular
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Yep I agree. Hopefully the significance of this tech will still be realised by the mainstream otherwise I think BRN's PE ratio will remain subdued. The market will want to know who is using AKIDA and what the technology actually does, otherwise the SP will always be undervalued if based solely on reported revenue and not potential future growth.
The 1000 eyes might need to become the 500 mouths to spread the word around 🤔😄
Once revenue starts rolling in, analysts (both professional and amateur alike) will be able to assign a value based ONLY on revenue and the guesses they use in their DCF analysis. They will think themselves VERY clever when they then buy into a perceived undervalued stock and will follow the money trail. And this can actually be a safe and profitable investment approach—for mature industries. This type of investor doesn’t need to understand the technology nor even know where the technology is used, so many are driven by fictitious valuations.

Profitable is good—safe is boring! But sometimes boring is good too!

I’d love to see “Akida Inside” labelling, but knowing hat will never happen, I have to be satisfied by the huge number of sheep who will jump on board once the revenue starts rolling in. And they will number in the millions!

I prefer to follow the science. It never lies or tries to deceive!

And I prefer to follow the science before too many others know it even exists.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 30 users
I believe Akida is still at the “far-edge”, to use a term coined by Rob Telson (I believe). Where the actual inputs are processed to differenciate the important stuff from the noise. And where micro- and milli-watts are consumed

The term “edge” has unfortunately seemed to shift a fair way away from the far-edge. It now encompasses not only the entire smart sensor but actuators to respond to sensor, mechanisms to perform an activity, and mechanisms to provide feedback up the chain - ultimately to a human operator . i.e. the entire system. Power consumption will still be important, but I dare say it might be slipping up into partial watts.

Maybe this edge is more the point from which the human operator no longer needs to care about what goes on under the bonnet. This definition of an edge could be applied to physical objects such as cameras, car dash boards and the like.

The SiFive—BrainChip partnership seems to be creating something that will satisfy this edge, and that’s Ok by me because that is an easy edge to market and for the world to relate to. The world loves a system that does something tangeable. I think the general consumer market struggles to recognise the advantages of a spiking neural network. So let’s stop confusing them.

A Polish colleague of mine, who learnt English as a second language and hence was VERY specific with grammar, would have said this edge is not “the edge” but rather is just “an edge”. There are many interfaces that can be called “an edge” and even “another edge” but there is only one that can be called “the edge”.

“The edge” is, in all reality, the “far-edge”! The point where the stimuli and initial responses exist!
Just to be clear Brainchip in 2018 switched direction to target the far edge as a sales and marketing tactic not because it was the only place where Peter van der Made’s technology would work from a technical, scientific or engineering perspective.

The far edge was empty with no incumbency to work against AKIDA gaining access.

Peter van der Made has always claimed his artificial neural networks would dominate from the cloud to the far edge.

Indeed when you listen to Rob Lincourt of DELL Technologies it seems DELL had already worked out it had greater potential than just A plethora of edge products.

When you read the Forbes article concerning SiFive and its ambition to compete directly with ARM it too has a similar ambition to that of Peter van der Made.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 41 users

ndefries

Regular
Just to be clear Brainchip in 2018 switched direction to target the far edge as a sales and marketing tactic not because it was the only place where Peter van der Made’s technology would work from a technical, scientific or engineering perspective.

Peter van der Made has always claimed his artificial neural networks would dominate from the cloud to the far edge.

Indeed when you listen to Rob Lincourt of DELL Technologies it seems DELL had already worked out it had greater potential than just A plethora of edge products.

When you read the Forbes article concerning SiFive and its ambition to compete directly with ARM it too has a similar ambition to that of Peter van der Made.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
At this stage if it came out that FF was the first Akida AI powered bot i wouldn't challenge that.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users
There is an SBIR for a sensor that Rocket has found and posted the link to over on the NASA thread.

The SBIR is for a smart sensor using ultra low power and all seems to line up for a sensor maker to grab hold of AKIDA as the perfect solution.

Leaving that to one side what garnered my attention was the following paragraph which to me validates completely how proven over at NASA SNN technology solutions have become.

“PHASE III DUAL USE APPLICATIONS: Phase III efforts will demonstrate a fully packaged camera with a neuromorphic processing chip. Spiking neural network device technology is preferable. Efforts will leverage emerging event-based sensing algorithms to demonstrate.”

The phrases used over time are becoming real:

tipping point

tip of the iceberg

exciting times

plethora of use cases

5 to 10 times more efficient

ubiquitous

explosive sales

saturate the market

income will ramp up

not if but when

we have well North of 100 NDA’s

we are being selective

will give us the best commercial opportunity

NASA is very excited

Brainchip artificial intelligence experts

that’s your margin of victory

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 51 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

WOW .... it gave me butterflies watching that ... great 'ad' and to think we are all 'part' of this awesome AI revolution... 'POWERED BY AKIDA ' nothing else will do! :) .............. looking forward to watching a heap of golf and seeing that 'ad' many times over ..... GO BRN

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Getupthere

Regular
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Thanks @Fact Finder, it may have been Peter from whom I heard the term.

I don‘t think we are talking about different things here. I agree with what you say above.

I was merely trying to address @Diogenese postulation of what edge was being discussed. And to that end I felt that many edges are involved and attempted to point out that there really is no “the edge”.

I still like using his term, “far-edge”, even if Peter only meant it as a marketing tool and a notion to place Akida with no competition. I also believe it should be generally adopted to mean exactly that.

The far-edge is a nice notion when discussing smart sensors. Engineers, developers, designers, technicians, and the like, can relate to the far-edge.

The edge is a notion that best fits an interface, be that at the far-edge or to the cloud or anywhere in between, it is a point at which you cross over from things you are immediately concerned about (results) to things you aren‘t concerned about (the way the results have been arrived at). Consumers can easily relate to that, it is the edge to a system, to a something giving meaning to something else. That even fits the dictionary definition of edge being the outside limit of something.

Systems deal with what’s inside the edge. Humans deal with systems via interfacing through the outside of the edge.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Thanks @Fact Finder, it may have been Peter from whom I heard the term.

I don‘t think we are talking about different things here. I agree with what you say above.

I was merely trying to address @Diogenese postulation of what edge was being discussed. And to that end I felt that many edges are involved and attempted to point out that there really is no “the edge”.

I still like using his term, “far-edge”, even if Peter only meant it as a marketing tool and a notion to place Akida with no competition. I also believe it should be generally adopted to mean exactly that.

The far-edge is a nice notion when discussing smart sensors. Engineers, developers, designers, technicians, and the like, can relate to the far-edge.

The edge is a notion that best fits an interface, be that at the far-edge or to the cloud or anywhere in between, it is a point at which you cross over from things you are immediately concerned about (results) to things you aren‘t concerned about (the way the results have been arrived at). Consumers can easily relate to that, it is the edge to a system, to a something giving meaning to something else. That even fits the dictionary definition of edge being the outside limit of something.

Systems deal with what’s inside the edge. Humans deal with systems via interfacing through the outside of the edge.
I thought that was your intent but we had that lunatic over at the cess pit who lied and attacked anyone who suggest Peter’s technology had any use outside a low powered edge device and I am certain he/she/it would have influenced some.

I love the term Far Edge. I also like the DELL use of the term End Point for everything else.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users
WOW .... it gave me butterflies watching that ... great 'ad' and to think we are all 'part' of this awesome AI revolution... 'POWERED BY AKIDA ' nothing else will do! :) .............. looking forward to watching a heap of golf and seeing that 'ad' many times over ..... GO BRN
Yes I was so excited I even sent it to my wife. LOL

However I will let you into a secret I even sent it to someone in the company and received this reply:

“Wow, that’s pretty great!! Thanks for sending ……!! I don’t think I’ve seen that version yet”

So there are multiple versions for the 1,000 Eyes to watch out for how cool is that and how committed is Mercedes to EQXX and you know who????

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip

However I will let you into a secret I even sent it to someone in the company and received this reply:

“Wow, that’s pretty great!! Thanks for sending ……!! I don’t think I’ve seen that version yet”

So there are multiple versions for the 1,000 Eyes to watch out for how cool is that and how committed is Mercedes to EQXX and you know who????

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
My question is.... when can we buy one in OZ?? and at what price??

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 13 users
My question is.... when can we buy one in OZ?? and at what price??
My question is, will price even be an issue for Brainchip holders once the EQXX is released...

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 20 users

BOB Bank of Brainchip
My question is, will price even be an issue for Brainchip holders once the EQXX is released...
Exactly .... I would be serious about buying one! :)

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Violin1

Regular

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Voldemort?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom