BRN Discussion Ongoing

Did anyone happen to catch the webinar with Eastronics and Brainchip last night (our time)?

It went for 1hr 36min, so must have been a decent session.

Had the usual suspects from Brainchip (Rob Telson and Todd Vierra), as well as Gilles Bézard (listed on the webinar as a Field Application Engineer, but he’s also our Senior Software Engineering Manager in the Toulouse, France office).

I registered as soon as I noticed it this morning, but still waiting for approval.

Link below FYI….

Had no idea about this and thanks to you for generously sharing the link. I have also just tried to register and am now pending approval as well.
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 6 users

Geared

Emerged
Guys, I am worried that moving here has had some unintended consequences. I have been checking in on HC (where a lot of people still get their news) BRN is kinda getting slammed without enough constructive reply. Surely that isn't good for any of us? I understand its a cesspool but to any new investor BRN looks like hot garbage over there.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Relevant and interesting info

Reactions: 11 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
Mercedes opens new battery plant in Alabama. The EV plan continues to gain momentum.

Reactions: 10 users

Foxdog

Regular
Guys, I am worried that moving here has had some unintended consequences. I have been checking in on HC (where a lot of people still get their news) BRN is kinda getting slammed without enough constructive reply. Surely that isn't good for any of us? I understand its a cesspool but to any new investor BRN looks like hot garbage over there.
Comments on HC will have no material influence on the share price. HC posters represent a tiny percentage of any company's shareholders.

Let them play their games over there and ignore the noise...... BRN's future success and the corresponding SP have absolutely nothing to do with HC....

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users

TechGirl

Founding Member
Uh ......Barrelsitter(Dio) it was just 2 basic examples of what could be written that would probably past muster with ASX if pushed. I take it you did NOT read the actual post just skimmed it? The intent of the post was very clear.

As for the idea of just 4 chips ,well that low number would not be called "substantial" by any means (in the example) and with our connections we could be in anything from Cubes Sats , ISS, SpaceX/NASA to the next Mars Rover or Moon Rover being built by Australia. Any of them.
And we would not know and probably NEVER know due to NDA's, Secrecy Act, etc, etc. Space has become a "Black hole" for information for us regarding Brainchip and likely to remain that way.

The Cortical Colume(?) knowledge has been around since early last year from memory. Ask FF probably better.

Ok everyone is under pressure , getting this from reading the all posts and they are answering in 30,000 different ways which shows the stress.
Anyone who says all is cool is a fool, what with a mad man loose in Europe and good people being killed everyday there, 2.6 million refugees.
I broke one of my golden rules being when war or large conflicts start it is essential to leave the market and sideline. I lost focus.

Now its time in a few hrs to go off and have a CT scan of my heart and hopefully find out why people think I may end up pulling a Shane Warne at 58.
Rather more important than the Markets and BRN yes?

Yak52

Good Luck for today Yak, hope all will be good ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
Morning all,

Valeo received an award for their Lidar 3.

Isn’t it wonderful to be a known partner with Valeo (and possibly part of this lauded innovative technology).

Future looks good!

Valeo Lauded by Frost & Sullivan for Delivering Cutting-edge 3D Sensors and Related Software Perception Stack to the Automotive Industry​

Valeo is currently the only automotive supplier commercializing mass-produced automotive-grade LiDAR sensors, with the perception software included.

Valeo Lauded by Frost & Sullivan for Delivering Cutting-edge 3D Sensors and Related Software Perception Stack to the Automotive Industry

Valeo Award Logo
San Antonio — March 15, 2022 — Based on its recent analysis of the global automotive light detection and ranging (LiDAR) industry, Frost & Sullivan recognizes Valeo with the 2022 Global Market Leadership Award for strengthening its global market presence with pioneering automotive 3D sensors. Valeo is a globally renowned company with 99 years of expertise in the automotive sector and one of the biggest automotive suppliers worldwide.
Click here to view the full multimedia release: https://best-practices.frost.com/valeo/
Valeo’s advanced systems promote intuitive and effective driving, facilitating autonomous vehicle (AV) adoption. The company recently launched a new flagship product, SCALA®, which offers highly differentiated 3D sensing that enable superior autonomy, resolution, distance and speed measurement, pedestrian detection, and autonomous emergency braking, among other features.
“The company manufactures SCALA®, the automotive industry’s first commercial 3D LiDAR sensor for AV applications. Valeo SCALA® is a 3D mechanical scanning LiDAR sensor that offers a wide Field of View (FoV) of up to 145 degrees. Its AI-based integrated software detects, recognizes, and classifies static and dynamic objects up to a distance of 200 meters in all weather and lighting conditions,” said Kamalesh Mohanarangam, Research Manager at Frost & Sullivan. “Valeo’s sensor portfolio includes ultrasonic sensors, cameras, and radars, providing intelligent sensing solutions for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous applications.”
Valeo seeks to be a key player in the future of global mobility while addressing the current environmental and societal challenges. To this end, the company leverages its solid market position to work closely with automakers, new mobility players, and technology partners and meet customer demands with breakthrough solutions that improve driving-assistance systems, telematics, lighting setup, interior control software, and much more.
The company is committed to research and development and has 63 research centers working to create cutting-edge, advanced technologies at industry-standard costs. To date, Valeo’s strategy of innovating forward-looking products enabled it to maintain its market leadership and the company is expected to continue leading the LiDAR industry in the long term.
“Valeo’s growth strategy focuses on innovation in solutions and market expansion in high-growth countries. The company positions itself as a technology company for electric and AV applications and has solidified its market leadership by equipping one-third of global electric and AV volumes with innovative solutions,” noted Mohanarangam. “With innovation as its key growth strategy, Valeo will strengthen its global market presence and extend its solution offerings in the electric and AV market.”
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has developed an innovative element in a product by leveraging leading-edge technologies. The award recognizes the value-added features/benefits of the product and the increased ROI it offers customers, which, in turn, raises customer acquisition and overall market penetration potential.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize companies in various regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analyses, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.

Peace

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 42 users
I personally do not think it would be of any benefit too us to engage on HC.

If you have an enemy you never engage the enemy on its terms as you are set up to loose.

HC is rigged and a place for manipulators. It is well known as such.

If an innocent inexperienced retail investor is put off BRNASX so what???

If an experienced intelligent retail investor is put off BRNASX by HC so what??? They clearly are not experienced and intelligent.

Institutional and sophisticated investors do not make decisions based on HC but some use it to manipulate so let them talk to themselves.

The numbers here grow everyday and the members are significantly out numbered by the readers at last count. Perhaps @zeeb0t could update the numbers.

A few posts on HC that are modified will have no effect on the share price in my opinion.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 37 users

Justchilln

Regular
Comments on HC will have no material influence on the share price. HC posters represent a tiny percentage of any company's shareholders.

Let them play their games over there and ignore the noise...... BRN's future success and the corresponding SP have absolutely nothing to do with HC....
Not necessarily true I have seen the brn shareprice move 30%in an hour on a hot crapper post.
I think fox dog has a legitimate point, however in the longer term it bears no weight on the share price.
IMO it’s going one way ⬆️

Reactions: 7 users

Dhm

Regular

I have a Tesla 3 with the autonomous self drive option. A few weeks ago I was driving to Sydney via the M1 from Newcastle (Stockland Golf Course is stunning) and rain started hammering down. It was very dangerous driving and difficult seeing the lane markers. I put on the self drive feature (beta stage) and it was brilliant in identifying the lanes and keeping me well inside mine whilst reacting to other vehicles around me. The car world will be so much safer when this feature is commonplace.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users
D

Deleted member 118

I wonder who of the 6 or so persons you might be. My guess is Pickbrain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users

Mugen74

Regular
Its not just HC itself,the problem I have with that site is the seemingly dodgy incestuous relationship with the likes of MF AFR and every 2 bit financial advisor that posts on there to gang up and downramp and create fear around BRN to suit their agenda.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users

YLJ

Swing/Position Trader
Here are some things (which may help some here)that Ive learned over my investment journey to date,all which have been posted on these threads by many a poster previously in one form or another:
1.If you cant control your emotions,your emotions will control YOU outcome=irrational decision making
2.Stop blaming management for YOUR own investment decisions.if you are looking to apportion blame look FIRST into your bathroom mirror.
3.If you have failed to make a clear investment plan,then you have unwittingly set yourself up for failure. See point 1& 2
4.Instant gratification in the market is a rarity,get comfortable with being uncomfortable.BTW I dont consider 7 months a longterm hold 7 years is closer to the mark( imo tech stocks especially you are probably going to need 10 years at least)to see large returns.
5 Volatility is a given,accept it for what it is-an opportunity.
6.Do not over invest this only leads to fear when times get tough- see point 1.
7.Fear and greed rule the market.Stockmarket Sharks feed on (and rely on) emotional traders for their own success as it makes their job easier.
8.Emotions have no place in a solid well thought out investment plan.
9.Unfortunatley manipulation of a shareprice by nefarious puppet masters is a given (you dont have to like it but the reality is it happens) so accept it and plan for it.
10.The ASX is not a level playing field.
Best wishes to all.
Excellent post. The degree to which greed (and fear) can pervert an otherwise logical mind is truly staggering. The irony is that most who will truly appreciate your list have had to learn it themselves.
I have a saying that goes something like:
"Exceptional people learn from the mistakes of others, the average learn from their own and fools just keep repeating them." IMHO the market is pretty unique in how few ever fall into the first category. I am primarily a trader (which is why most of my comments are kept to the technical threads) but most of what has helped me get to where I am today was learned the hard way & nothing was ultimately more damaging to me than some of the lucky spurts I had in the earlier years. Many similar underlying principles to those you have listed.
I'm surprised that people are so surprised by the BRN price action... nothing HAD to (or has to) happen, but if you have been around the markets long enough you know you always have to keep it real & have a strategy other than hope.
How many noticed @Fact Finder's post... One of (if not) the greatest of contributors to BRN research & someone who exudes long-term confidence in the future of this company sold some shares?! Turned out to have not been a terrible idea even though it was most challenging.
His specific reasons are personal and not too relevant, but I would think that should provide insight to some on the process of investing, needless to mention investing in new technologies...
Somewhat ironically, I am infinitely grateful for the pain of my mistakes as I am all the better for them today. Trading/investing has taught me more about myself than anything else I ever did and that is ultimately more valuable to me than the money, which often comes on its own when it is not all you are thinking about.

• Fire
Reactions: 18 users
The thing is we have here at TheStockExchange a place where @uiux can post his incredible research and know it will be there to read today tomorrow and in six months. At HC the following post would have been modified at HC yet it should shut up every negative thought anyone might have about their investment in BRNASX. If you did not go and read the Hypersonic thread then read the following I have stolen from there just now and do so:

@uiux’s post
“Now that it is known that Quantum Ventura are using Akida, here are some of their other projects:

www.quantumventura.com

Quantum Ventura Inc

Quantum Ventura Inc specializes in AI/Machine Learning, Cyber & Mobile Security, Big Data Analytics. Quantum Research Labs undertakes advanced system research.
www.quantumventura.com
www.quantumventura.com

AI/ML/ Hyperspectral Imaging/ Neuromorphic/ Cybersecurity related topics:

DARPA:
"AI Verification with provable guarantees" using advanced AI verification tools.

Partner: NC State University

Navy Air Warfare: "Certification of AI Systems - CORSI" using Advanced AI to certify AI/ML applications. (Phase 1 and Phase 2 SBIRs)

Partner: Lockheed Martin.

Missile Defense Agency: "Hypersonic Threat Detection" using bio-inspired processing, neuromorphic computing and Advanced AI. (Phase 1 STTR)

Partners: University of Florida and Lockheed Martin.

Navy Air Warfare: "Detection of UAVs and rogue drones using hyperspectral Imaging" (SBIR Phase 1).

Partners: Bodkin Imaging and Lockheed

Navy Air Warfare: "Vulnerability detection of source code using advanced AI/ML" - SBIR Phase 1

Homeland Security: "Opioid/contraband detection using hyperspectral imaging" - SBIR Phase 1

Department of Energy: "Cyber threat-detection using neuromorphic computing" - SBIR Phase 1”

By reading the rest of the Hypersonic thread the nonsense that was infiltrated over at HC that there will be no revenue flow from the original engagement with NASA will hopefully be finally put too the sword.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 58 users
Morning all,

Valeo received an award for their Lidar 3.

Isn’t it wonderful to be a known partner with Valeo (and possibly part of this lauded innovative technology).

Future looks good!

Valeo Lauded by Frost & Sullivan for Delivering Cutting-edge 3D Sensors and Related Software Perception Stack to the Automotive Industry​

Valeo is currently the only automotive supplier commercializing mass-produced automotive-grade LiDAR sensors, with the perception software included.

Valeo Lauded by Frost & Sullivan for Delivering Cutting-edge 3D Sensors and Related Software Perception Stack to the Automotive Industry

Valeo Award Logo
San Antonio — March 15, 2022 — Based on its recent analysis of the global automotive light detection and ranging (LiDAR) industry, Frost & Sullivan recognizes Valeo with the 2022 Global Market Leadership Award for strengthening its global market presence with pioneering automotive 3D sensors. Valeo is a globally renowned company with 99 years of expertise in the automotive sector and one of the biggest automotive suppliers worldwide.
Click here to view the full multimedia release: https://best-practices.frost.com/valeo/
Valeo’s advanced systems promote intuitive and effective driving, facilitating autonomous vehicle (AV) adoption. The company recently launched a new flagship product, SCALA®, which offers highly differentiated 3D sensing that enable superior autonomy, resolution, distance and speed measurement, pedestrian detection, and autonomous emergency braking, among other features.
“The company manufactures SCALA®, the automotive industry’s first commercial 3D LiDAR sensor for AV applications. Valeo SCALA® is a 3D mechanical scanning LiDAR sensor that offers a wide Field of View (FoV) of up to 145 degrees. Its AI-based integrated software detects, recognizes, and classifies static and dynamic objects up to a distance of 200 meters in all weather and lighting conditions,” said Kamalesh Mohanarangam, Research Manager at Frost & Sullivan. “Valeo’s sensor portfolio includes ultrasonic sensors, cameras, and radars, providing intelligent sensing solutions for advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS) and autonomous applications.”
Valeo seeks to be a key player in the future of global mobility while addressing the current environmental and societal challenges. To this end, the company leverages its solid market position to work closely with automakers, new mobility players, and technology partners and meet customer demands with breakthrough solutions that improve driving-assistance systems, telematics, lighting setup, interior control software, and much more.
The company is committed to research and development and has 63 research centers working to create cutting-edge, advanced technologies at industry-standard costs. To date, Valeo’s strategy of innovating forward-looking products enabled it to maintain its market leadership and the company is expected to continue leading the LiDAR industry in the long term.
“Valeo’s growth strategy focuses on innovation in solutions and market expansion in high-growth countries. The company positions itself as a technology company for electric and AV applications and has solidified its market leadership by equipping one-third of global electric and AV volumes with innovative solutions,” noted Mohanarangam. “With innovation as its key growth strategy, Valeo will strengthen its global market presence and extend its solution offerings in the electric and AV market.”
Each year, Frost & Sullivan presents this award to the company that has developed an innovative element in a product by leveraging leading-edge technologies. The award recognizes the value-added features/benefits of the product and the increased ROI it offers customers, which, in turn, raises customer acquisition and overall market penetration potential.
Frost & Sullivan Best Practices awards recognize companies in various regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievement and superior performance in leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analyses, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.

Peace

I’m sure Valeo are very happy we accepted them onboardas a partner to enable them to have a technological advantage over their competitors.

Automotive LiDAR: the essential sensor for autonomous driving

Just like we need our five complementary senses, autonomous cars need different types of sensors to drive in complete safety. Valeo offers the broadest range of automotive sensors in the world, and was even the first company to make an automotive LiDAR sensor for series-produced cars.

In 2021, the first two autonomous vehicles in the world authorized to drive at Level 3 autonomy were equipped with Valeo’s first and second generation LiDAR sensor systems. Valeo’s LiDAR system can also be used in driverless shuttles, robotaxis, and delivery droids.

No wonder there is interest in Brainchip in Germany.

Automotive LiDAR technology manufacturing based in Germany
Valeo designs and manufactures the entire system, from the hardware to the software and the associated artificial intelligence, the “brain” that collates all the information and enables the vehicle to make the right decision instantly. Its software automatically adapts to the environment and improves its performance through progressive updates.

Valeo’s laser LiDARs are produced at a plant in Wemding, in the German state of Bavaria. At that plant, the assembly of the components is measured down to the micron. The production lines utilize advanced expertise in optics, mechanics, and photonics (the area of physics that deals with the emission and reception of light particles, i.e. photons). Valeo has 300 engineers dedicated solely to this automotive LiDAR technology, for which the company has already filed over 500patents.

As I said yesterday. I’ll wait it out until 2024 at a minimum to see this product unleashed worldwide. The few yearsroyalties after that should be exponentially spectacular!

To me it’s the equivalent of investing in a mining company, knowing there is a motherlode in the ground. No way I willbe selling before the company completes their digging. I want to be there for the Eureka moment!

Peace

• Fire
Reactions: 26 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
IMO other locations can be a cesspool and I will not personally waste a moment of my time lowering myself to their standard. We are now very near 2000 members and growing every day. Other stocks are now becoming busy, as more and more realise this is the place to be.

Could some novice investor find some other forum and think gee, it seems like every stock on here is crap? And I say this because most stocks these days are being senselessly bashed elsewhere... even though the entire market is down... and yes, maybe they will think that. But who cares, really? What's the odd "easily led" and poorly researched buyer really going to do when the ENTIRE MARKET (aside from a few outliers) is significantly down... think about this logically for a moment and perhaps step outside of the box of BRN and you'll see this is not a BRN specific situation at all, IMO!

• Fire
Reactions: 41 users
Excellent post. The degree to which greed (and fear) can pervert an otherwise logical mind is truly staggering. The irony is that most who will truly appreciate your list have had to learn it themselves.
I have a saying that goes something like:
"Exceptional people learn from the mistakes of others, the average learn from their own and fools just keep repeating them." IMHO the market is pretty unique in how few ever fall into the first category. I am primarily a trader (which is why most of my comments are kept to the technical threads) but most of what has helped me get to where I am today was learned the hard way & nothing was ultimately more damaging to me than some of the lucky spurts I had in the earlier years. Many similar underlying principles to those you have listed.
I'm surprised that people are so surprised by the BRN price action... nothing HAD to (or has to) happen, but if you have been around the markets long enough you know you always have to keep it real & have a strategy other than hope.
How many noticed @Fact Finder's post... One of (if not) the greatest of contributors to BRN research & someone who exudes long-term confidence in the future of this company sold some shares?! Turned out to have not been a terrible idea even though it was most challenging.
His specific reasons are personal and not too relevant, but I would think that should provide insight to some on the process of investing, needless to mention investing in new technologies...
Somewhat ironically, I am infinitely grateful for the pain of my mistakes as I am all the better for them today. Trading/investing has taught me more about myself than anything else I ever did and that is ultimately more valuable to me than the money, which often comes on its own when it is not all you are thinking about.
Actually the reason I sold is important. It was part of my personal plan and was reluctantly put into effect even though the price continued to rise thereafter.

I do not believe I have ever said never sell what I have tried to convey is to have a plan made when you have a calm mind so that when excitement or fear reigns you will act rationally in accordance with your plan.

This is not trading this is investing with a plan.

When the price started to retreat right at the beginning I put on my buy order at 94.5 cents on the basis that if it went that far it would be sensible to buy back as I was locked in until 1.7.22 and actually longer because it will be March, 2023 before we might travel to the UK.

So all of my actions were parts of plans made in calm times free from the stress of excitement or fear.

I do not subscribe to charting theory but I do accept for those who use it it creates discipline and a plan.

Both are necessary ingredients of being successful as an investor.

You do not need charts to have discipline or to have a plan but you do need to have both.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 25 users
D

Deleted member 118

IMO other locations can be a cesspool and I will not personally waste a moment of my time lowering myself to their standard. We are now very near 2000 members and growing every day. Other stocks are now becoming busy, as more and more realise this is the place to be.

Could some novice investor find some other forum and think gee, it seems like every stock on here is crap? And I say this because most stocks these days are being senselessly bashed elsewhere... even though the entire market is down... and yes, maybe they will think that. But who cares, really? What's the odd "easily led" and poorly researched buyer really going to do when the ENTIRE MARKET (aside from a few outliers) is significantly down... think about this logically for a moment and perhaps step outside of the box of BRN and you'll see this is not a BRN specific situation at all, IMO!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Another challenging start of the week, I wish to post something I saw recently on twitter.

Great advice:
View attachment 2531

Full disclosure: This is the only worthwhile post from this nobody, everything else is rubbish, so don't need to go looking for him, probably needs to take his own advice.
He's still looking for "what's a neuromorphic chip" but he won't find it because he's looking for it at McDonald's 😍🥰

Especially so with our little beauty here, listen look and learn, remain calm at all times, its all in the detail, good find and great reminder BL !
I do say this as a LTH not DT chrs !

Reactions: 5 users

Please note this post starts slowly and builds to a speculative crescendo

In the article - Item 2 under the heading "Safety-First Approach will Drive Innovation" mentions two systems:

2) Rise of partial hands-free operation: L3 is the first-level of autonomous driving which operates under specific conditions. Over the next few years, OEMs are planning to release vehicles with L3 systems, operating over predefined highways or locations. Known as “geofencing,” the vehicle defines spatial boundaries and references detailed maps of the surrounding terrain. The car projects sensor data onto the maps to determine the safest route. As with L2 systems, drivers must be ready to take control of the vehicle at all times. Examples of partial hands-free operation are GM’s Super Cruise or Ford’s BlueCruise. L3 systems that feature this level of automation will begin to outpace L2 systems in the latter half of the decade.
  1. Super Cruise by General Motors
  2. BlueCruise by Ford Motor Company
Any chance BrainChip is involved here? Obviously we are working with Ford, so could this also link us to GM by default?

I saw back in the ASX Announcement: Update for the March 2019 Quarter that both GM and Ford were mentioned. Looks like things were looser back then as the companies listed are not confirmed as being associated with BrainChip. However some of the other companies listed are now directly involved with BrainChip - well Valeo and Safran anyway, along with Ford

* How good would it be if the companies named in the ASX announcement was the actual list - and BrainChip are checking them off one by one

Other companies on the list discussed in this forum:
1647381928406.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 38 users
Top Bottom