BRN Discussion Ongoing

Pandaxxx

Regular
Check out number 10 of 12.

A hint that this could be us??

(Sorry - didn’t know how to find Mercedes thread).

Panda

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users
D

Deleted member 118

Reactions: 4 users

Diogenese

Top 20

Hi Rocket577,

The video refers to memRistors a few times.

I looked at Samsung in October last year in the other place:

"Samsung appear to be using memristors in their 3-D NN:

US2021319293A1 NEUROMORPHIC DEVICE AND OPERATING METHOD OF THE SAME
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pat...456/publication/US2021319293A1?q=US2021319293

an operating method of a neuromorphic device including at least one three-dimensional synaptic array having a plurality of layers, the operating method comprises upon receiving a plurality of input signals independent of each other, performing an artificial neural network computation on the input signals in a plurality of resistive memristor elements of a layer corresponding to a word line selection signal, as a result of the artificial neural network computation, outputting a plurality of output currents to neuron circuits through bit lines, summing the output currents to output a summed output current as an output voltage when it is more than a predetermined threshold and wherein the three-dimensional synaptic array performs an artificial neural network computation independently for each layer activated by the word line selection signal.

1 . A neuromorphic device, comprising:

at least one synaptic array,

wherein the synaptic array includes:

a plurality of input lines extending in a first direction and receiving input signals independently of each other from a plurality of axon circuits connected respectively thereto;

a plurality of bit lines extending in a second direction orthogonal to the first direction and outputting output signals independently of each other;

a plurality of cell strings, each including at least two resistive memristor elements and a string select transistor connected in series in a third direction between any one of the plurality of input lines and any one of the plurality of bit lines;

a plurality of electrode pads stacked while being spaced apart from each other in the third direction between the plurality of input lines and the plurality of bit lines, and connected to the string select transistor and the at least two resistive memristor elements;

a decoder configured to apply a string selection signal or a word line selection signal to each of the plurality of electrode pads; and

a plurality of neuron circuits, each being connected to one of the bit lines connected to one of the cell strings, summing the output signals, converting, and outputting a summed signal when it is more than a predetermined threshold,

wherein the synaptic array performs an artificial neural network computation on the input signals in the resistive memristor elements of a layer activated by the word line selection signal in at least one cell string to which the string selection signal is applied.

1647064608977.png

1647064638011.png

1647064652794.png

And they've got a natty arrangement for the synaptic array string (see Fig 6)

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
"Your mission, Diogenese, should you choose to accept it ... "

real biological nervous system simulation is too complex: the working principle of biological neural networks has been generally mastered by researchers in years of research, but the structural details of neural networks in real organisms are still an unsolved mystery due to their complexity, which is a great problem for designing neural computing systems based on real biological nervous systems.

Akida does not attempt to produce an anatomically correct neuron. Instead it provides a digital analog.

Digital neurons are a step removed from analog neurons in replication the anatomical neuron, but they are capable of effectively performing the function of a neuron for the purposes of input classification.

Indeed, Ella reminds us: 'tain't what you do - it's the way that you do it.'

As PvdM is entitled to say: "I did it my way."

the challenge of applying to real scenes is that if a human-designed pulsed neural network is used, it is generally more suitable for continuous recognition and inference of dynamic scenes according to its characteristics. however, in the actual application process, how to make the scene fully utilize the low-power and high-speed rate of the pulse neural network and the event-driven characteristics, so as to distinguish it from the second-generation artificial neural network technology to highlight and benefit from its advantages, requires more specific and detailed exploration of the application scenario. at the same time, the application and development of pulsed neural networks also depend on the development of neural computing chips, due to its new design structure and computing mode, it is not possible to achieve the effect it should theoretically achieve on traditional chips.

I have fallen behind in my Japanglish classes, so my response is "Yes it is."

limitations of pulse train coding: the information transfer in pulse neural networks is based on pulse train, which involves encoding the general real input information into a pulse train. there are currently two main types of coding methods for pulse trains: frequency-based coding and time-based coding. for the former, it ignores the time structure inside the sequence, and the precise information in the sequence may be ignored; while the latter can make a more efficient and accurate representation of information, with stronger bio-authenticity. however, most current pulse neural network algorithms focus on frequency coding, so time-based coding algorithms still need to be explored.

PvdM tried the rest, now he uses the best. Akida uses pulse-rank-coding:

The following passage from US20210027152 explains the difference between rate coding and rank coding.
https://worldwide.espacenet.com/pat...98/publication/US2021027152A1?q=us20210027152

[0054] Rate coding is shown in the top panel 310. The spikes received by two input synapses 320, 330 of a multitude of synapses are shown over one complete integration period labeled t1, in a plurality of integration periods. The first synapse received 25 spikes, while the second synapse received 27 spikes during this integration period. The sum of all synapses is 52, which is the simulated membrane potential of the neuron. Subsequently a non-linear function such as Tanh(n) or a linear rectifier (ReLU) function is applied to the simulated output value. The resulting output value is transmitted as a series of spikes to one or more synapses in the next neural layer. The integration time is long to allow sufficient spikes to occur to receive a value.

In the lower left panel 33(4)0, rank coding is illustrated. The spikes received by four of a multitude of synapses is shown for six integration periods labeled t0 to t5. The integration time is short, and repeating spikes within each integration period are ignored. The integrated value for the first integration period is three, and four in the subsequent four integration periods. The last integration period has the value 2. These values (∑) are the simulated membrane potential of the neuron. If the simulated membrane potential reaches or exceeds a threshold value, a spike is transmitted to one or more synapses in the next neural layer. In the middle right hand panel 350, the integration method of a section of a neuron of a plurality of neurons in a conventional perceptron is shown. A collection of weight values labeled W11 to W95 are multiplied with input values I0 to I9.The resulting values are accumulated to form the neuron simulated membrane potential. Subsequently a non-linear function such as Tanh(n) or a linear rectifier (ReLU) function is applied to the simulated output value. The resulting output value is transmitted as an integer or floating-point value to one or more synapses in the next neural layer. In the lower right-hand panel 370, a conventional binary coding method is shown for reference. Binary coding schemes are widely used in conventional computer systems to encode characters and numbers. Boolean algebra is applied to compute with binary coded numbers and characters.

View attachment 2474

difficulty in training learning: for direct training of pulsed neural networks, most of the supervised learning methods are based on gradient settings and lack bio rationality; another way to obtain a trained pulsed neural network model is to directly transform the trained traditional neural network, but this transformation is limited by the loss of accuracy caused by many aspects. therefore, compared with the current mature artificial neural networks, the training and learning of pulsed neural networks on real large deep networks still has a long way to develop.

The proof of the pudding ... Ask @uiux.

application accuracy is lower for more complex tasks: pulsed neural networks have been controversial for a long time, and one of the reasons is that their performance in terms of application accuracy is often inferior to that of traditional ai networks. both the coding and training learning issues described above can lead to an impact on the accuracy of their application to more complex tasks. therefore, how to improve the application accuracy of pulse neural networks while retaining their original advantages and characteristics is also a major challenge for the future development of pulse neural networks.

View attachment 2476

https://www.hackster.io/news/brainc...work-accelerators-go-mass-market-2a6572c67c50

On the question of accuracy, the 4-bit Akida stacks up very well against 32-bit CNNs.

Once again, I rest my briefs.
I thought to myself the drawing towards the end where it references the need to convert CNN2SNN is in colour and Dio is strictly a black & white line drawing type of guy in the minimalist style I wonder if he will notice and remind us all about the FACT that Brainchip holds the PATENT. Seems Dio might be colour blind or an art snob.

Love your work Dio and the PATENT would seem to cement a relationship do you not think?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Reactions: 6 users

Panda
Hi Panda
Great find generously shared and this paragraph needs to be highlighted:

Intelligent Sensors

The EQS has as many as 350 sensors, depending on the equipment. These record distances, speeds, and accelerations, lighting conditions, precipitation and temperatures, seat occupancy as well as the driver's blink of an eye or the passengers' speech. This wealth of information is processed by control units that, controlled by algorithms, make decisions at lightning speed. Making them the brain, so to speak. The new EQS can expand its capabilities based on new experiences because it is highly capable of learning thanks to artificial intelligence (AI).

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
Reactions: 19 users
Hi Panda
Great find generously shared and this paragraph needs to be highlighted:

Intelligent Sensors

The EQS has as many as 350 sensors, depending on the equipment. These record distances, speeds, and accelerations, lighting conditions, precipitation and temperatures, seat occupancy as well as the driver's blink of an eye or the passengers' speech. This wealth of information is processed by control units that, controlled by algorithms, make decisions at lightning speed. Making them the brain, so to speak. The new EQS can expand its capabilities based on new experiences because it is highly capable of learning thanks to artificial intelligence (AI).

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Even if it’s not AKIDA this time note there are 350 sensors IN A MERCEDES EV.

Note Brainchip does not make sensors it makes them smart. Any sensor from all five senses as well as Radar & Lidar.

Note AKIDA processing Radar is according to ISL good enough for the US Airforce.

Note that AKIDA has found a sweet spot in Lidar.

Note Renesas the third largest supplier of semiconductors to the automotive industry in the world three places ahead of Bosch is releasing an AKIDA powered MCU for multiple products this year.

Note that billions and billions of MCU’s are sold each year across the globe by Renesas and ARM.
Renesas and ARM are partners.

Note that FF is very happy.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 60 users

Taproot

Regular
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Bravo

If ARM was an arm, BRN would be its biceps💪!

Panda

Hi Panda,

It says "The EQS has as many as 350 sensors, depending on the equipment". Now for future Mercedes EV's I'd be happy if only 100 of the sensors in each car were AKIDA. Well, that might be being a bit greedy. Just 20 in each car wouldn't be bad at all would it my friend?:cool:

Reactions: 8 users

Diogenese

Top 20
I thought to myself the drawing towards the end where it references the need to convert CNN2SNN is in colour and Dio is strictly a black & white line drawing type of guy in the minimalist style I wonder if he will notice and remind us all about the FACT that Brainchip holds the PATENT. Seems Dio might be colour blind or an art snob.

Love your work Dio and the PATENT would seem to cement a relationship do you not think?

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Missed that - must have a hole in my briefs.

Seems like the author is unaware of Akida, or has opened a can of red herrings.

we have accumulated a large number of strategic partners and maintained close cooperation with a large number of cutting-edge technology companies, and can maximize the results of various cooperative research.

Let's hope one of their strategic partners/cutting edge technology companies can help.

What I did mean to say was in relation to:
real biological nervous system simulation is too complex: the working principle of biological neural networks has been generally mastered by researchers in years of research, but the structural details of neural networks in real organisms are still an unsolved mystery due to their complexity, which is a great problem for designing neural computing systems based on real biological nervous systems.

is that Akida 3000 will have that covered with the neural cortex.

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Taproot

Regular
This is one of their top projects
20 years on a single battery.

Reactions: 9 users
I was just watching 7 News and they had a story about a West Australian team of medical researchers trialling an artificial intelligence powered device for portable and remote testing for early symptoms of developing blindness. The device is also currently in space being used to test the effects of gravity on the eyes of astronauts under the watchful eye of NASA.

Have had a quick google around and could not find anything but it is worth a look by the 1,000 Eyes given how likely is W.A. and NASA to come up together like this.

The formal trials for approval of the medical device are set to commence next year. So this is very early stage in one sense but it sounds like the sort of beneficial use we would hope AKIDA could be put too and I should add they did not name the company in WA in the news item.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 31 users
Looks very interesting. Love the possitive news and genuine opinions on our direction with B.R.N I had a quick look on hot crapper ,which I don't usually do these days ....,I don't mind constructive researched negativity if your concerned ....but geez what a depressing place .....are they going to find there way on to here ...

Reactions: 5 users
I meant Copper ( spell checker)sorry

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
There has not been one post that disagrees with my opinion that fair value of $1.86 at least is correct. Given we closed today at $1.03 there must be someone here who thinks this is fair value. Please don't be shy explain why you think this and maybe once you do others will agree and be prepared to come out of the shadows.

In providing your view there is a missing point 19. which is the confirmation by the CEO Sean Hehir with the simple word 'Yes' that revenue is happening this year so you might like to deal with this as part of your explanation. That would of course add 2 cents to make fair value $1.88 at least on my formula.

If it is that every single poster, every single member including those still to emerge (about 1,300 my guess) here and every single watcher (about 12,000 my guess) who does not post agrees with my value assessment then this has to make Brainchip currently extremely over sold and a screaming bargain for those with spare cash to invest.

I am raising this now because we have the whole weekend for those who disagree to mount the case for why my value is wrong and why the present price is fair value or that Brainchip is still over valued. I will also not engage in the debate other than as an interested reader of these other opinions.

It also means that those who have cash spare have the whole weekend to think about what they intend to do and dare I say it again 'have a plan'.

The breakdown in the peace talks and the inflation fears in the US are likely to be reflected in the US markets tonight. Monday could be a day for bargain buying on the ASX if my valuation is correct as the overall ASX is likely not to look like boom city next week.

The fact that bargain hunters were out and about on Wall Street the last two trading days suggests that any further falls are likely to be tame but who really knows until they happen.

My opinion and speculative valuation only so DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
The only holdup I see is a logistical one. From a shipping perspective some major Chinese ports have not reopened since closing for Chinese New Year. This is because of their very strict Covid policies. Lack of containers to Australia is massive as the more lucrative route East West is preferred. I'm not sure if we are at the point of shipping out our little beauties by the container load by hopefully soon.
The other thing is what are these little AKIDA's made of? I know we may never know the recipe to the cake mix but are there parts that need to be sourced from Russian mines for example.
Other than that I have never been more excited about owning a small part of a company.
My plan......if the share price retreats.....buy more.
$2.50 by Xmas Happy days

Reactions: 9 users

Taproot

Regular
I was just watching 7 News and they had a story about a West Australian team of medical researchers trialling an artificial intelligence powered device for portable and remote testing for early symptoms of developing blindness. The device is also currently in space being used to test the effects of gravity on the eyes of astronauts under the watchful eye of NASA.

Have had a quick google around and could not find anything but it is worth a look by the 1,000 Eyes given how likely is W.A. and NASA to come up together like this.

The formal trials for approval of the medical device are set to commence next year. So this is very early stage in one sense but it sounds like the sort of beneficial use we would hope AKIDA could be put too and I should add they did not name the company in WA in the news item.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users
COVID has accelerated the transition to the AI-First strategy in cybersecurity by implementing the so-called Third Wave AI (the term was suggested by DARPA [the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency]).91 This type of AI identifies malicious and abnormal behavior within a company’s network, and it can manage a shift from historical procedures and network data to the COVID- time patterns. Third Wave AI systems can constantly adapt their baseline to reflect the rapid changes that they can handle better than humans.92 For example, at the beginning of the pandemic, many conventional rule-based security systems went haywire and sent security teams storms of false alarms. AI-first security platforms can monitor the unexpected network behavior by utilizing behavioral analysis. Third-wave AI systems can identify network traffic pattern anomaly by detecting brand new attacks which are occurring more frequently during the COVID- 19 pandemic

webicon_green.png
https://education.dellemc.com/conte...-AI_Role_in_IT_Before_and_During_Covid-19.pdf

Reactions: 7 users

VictorG

Great work Taproot.
I checked out the company and it is using old school deep learning but as they clearly are looking for it to be used in remote medicine and developing nations it seems an AKIDA upgrade would be useful. I have sent the following link to Tony Dawe on the off chance they might be interested. The ability to train and up date the data set with new patient eye photos would seem to be an additional benefit that they would not have with their present device.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

• Love
Reactions: 15 users

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
I like the name on title of this article, but not sure this is it, 2017 vintage ?

SS

Diogenese

Top 20

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA
Hi FF,

This is the latest published application by KANAGASINGAM YOGENSAN:

WO2020160606A1 DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING FOR DIABETIC RETINOPATHY

Applicants COMMW SCIENT IND RES ORG [AU]​

Inventors SAHA SAJIB [AU]; XIAO DI [AU]; KANAGASINGAM YOGENSAN [AU]​

Computer system [46] Fig. 1 illustrates a computer system 100 for diagnostic imaging. The computer system 100 comprises a processor 102 connected to program memory 104, data memory 106, a communication port 108 and a user port 110. The user port 110 is connected to a display device 112 that shows data, such as report with a numeric pathology score or a predictive change map 114 to patient 116. The program memory 104 is a non-transitory computer readable medium, such as a hard drive, a solid state disk or CD-ROM. Software, that is, an executable program stored on program memory 104 causes the processor 102 to perform the method in Fig. 2, that is, processor 102 retrieves at least two images captured by a retina camera 118, such as Nidek AFC- 210, over time, aligns the images and calculates a pathology score based on pathologic features in the images.

1647077023794.png

1647077550784.png

1647077908400.png

Compares retinal snapshots taken over time.

No reference to AI or NN.

Looks like the star map overlay technique that astronomers use to pick out changes in a section of the night sky.

Of course, Akida could spot the changes with its eyes closed.

There could be further applications in the 18 month pipeline.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users
Top Bottom