BRN Discussion Ongoing

TheDrooben

Pretty Pretty Pretty Pretty Good
Probably end of month rebalancing by instos

Reactions: 8 users

RobjHunt

Regular
Very much looking forward to the hour of power.
That’ll do for a decent days work. Oh, hang on, I didn’t do anything except……wait. Mr Brain and Mr Chip did it all 😉👌

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

RobjHunt

Regular
I suspect he doesn’t realise on this site we do our research and check and double check claims.
Correct! Via a thousand eyes.

Pantene.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Dhm

Regular
Brainchip's share price has closely followed the Dow, S&P and NASDAQ over the last month.
Jerome Powell's speech has put the US markets into a quandary. The Fed Uses a checklist of five measurements in its deliberations on Monetary Policy. They are illustrated below:

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 4.45.47 pm.png

So, one question would be how are those measures of aggregate real economic activity going, and how do they compare to previous recessions? Because the US may not be anywhere near a recession at present.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 4.46.48 pm.png

That doesn't say that the US won't enter into a recession soon, but the facts at present don't align with this.
So the purpose of my post is to show that a continued fall in equity markets won't occur because of recession fears.

If the US markets can find a base somewhere around current levels, hopefully BRN also has found a base.

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Slade

Top 20
Does anyone know anything about the latest patent and why, unlike patents in the past, it hasn’t been announced?

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

uiux

Regular
Does anyone know anything about the latest patent and why, unlike patents in the past, it hasn’t been announced?

Probably because of the reliance on snail mail

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

miaeffect

Oat latte lover
Its only 3am, 31/08 in US.

Reactions: 2 users

krugerrands

Regular
Hi @krugerrands
Let me say at the outset I am a huge fan of autonomous vehicles. Not an ounce of fear to be found. One day my sight will mean that I will no longer have a licence to drive. I want autonomy.

My negativity comes from the English Common Law which like AKIDA was designed by imperfect men to incrementally improve itself. You see English jurists thought of this idea centuries before Peter van der Made and you thought lawyers contribute nothing.

In consequence in 1892 the English Appeals Court set in train a new line of legal theory and practise in the famous Carlill v Carbolic Smoke Ball Company decision.

To a large extent before this case industry acted in a cavalier fashion regarding its obligations to the consumer. What flowed from this case was a framework for the modern consideration that if you are engaged in an enterprise for profit you must do so in a fashion that you will not cause injury to others. If doing so is not economically viable hard luck. Go away and don’t come back until you can.

The approach adopted by Tesla and followed by others is to cast this aside and sell vehicles that are not fit for purpose on the basis it would be too expensive for it to be done any other way. Well I say hard luck go away and come back when you can.

This idea plays out constantly with new medical treatments. Companies trying to invent cures for all sorts of diseases have to show safety in animal models and then if this is shown recruit human volunteers and show safety in humans and then they can proceed further. If they cannot recruit human volunteers at any stage hard luck go away and come back when you can. They are not allowed to sell the untested drug to people and collect the statistics on the basis well if a few die so what.

If I produce a toaster and it has a fault that causes the back panel to be electrified and potentially deadly to touch a warning on the box will not be deemed sufficient and I have to make it fit for purpose or go away until I can. My claim that it is too expensive will not resonate.

Very early in the piece an autonomous vehicle engineer gained some notoriety by saying that the public would have to get used to a few deaths to achieve autonomous driving. Well I say B.S. to this idea.

As much as Tesla would like for the masses to believe they have a higher mission it is no higher than making profits to fund the lifestyles and hobbies of those who own the company which includes shareholders.

If Tesla came out tomorrow and said we are becoming a not for profit and the value of all shareholdings will now revert to zero and dividends will never materialise they would not last one minute longer than it takes to call an EGM to kick them all out.

So I say to Tesla and others humans are not crash test dummies. Come back when your vehicles are safe.

Also I think you will find that with experience and practice the driving skills of humans does incrementally improve even amongst the worst of human drivers.

True at a certain point in the growing and ageing process those abilities will also deteriorate however the same thing happens to machines, cars and computers included.

When a Tesla is brand new and drives out of the showroom it will commence to age and overtime just like the human driver it’s battery will fade and it’s circuits will corrode and its performance will suffer. Lettuce will cost $10.00 and owners will choose food over car servicing.

My opinion only DYOR
FF

AKIDA BALLISTA

Makes me think of a Steven Wright quote.
“A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking.”

Not directly related but amusing nonetheless.

Everything is designed/engineered to be fit for purpose and a certain level of safety and durability.

My dad told me of farming equipment that was the brand to buy when growing up, name escapes me, they built their product extremely well and they could be fixed with easily available parts.
They went bankrupt.
You could not buy them anymore and you had to settle for less durable products.

If you look at different model cars they do not possess the same level of safety.
Even on something as fundamental as braking performance there are big differences, yet they are all allowed to drive on public roads once the required minimum safety standards ( whatever they are ) have been met.
An entry level car can at marginal cost get better and more reliable brakes, but it won't, built to cost to meet the market and safety standards.

On autonomous vehicles.
If you were to benchmark the ability and safety of human drivers -
  • who is far from perfect ( and kill, injure others every day )
  • do not at all have the same ability
  • does not run honest self diagnostics for every trip.
  • does not perform consistently.
  • does not have built-in redundancy.
At what point does a less than perfect autonomous vehicle become a better alternative?
Logically and morally.

When they benchmark above average? above median? above 95th percentile?
Or will we only accept this when these vehicles perform better than the best of us on our best day - even if that still means that people might die.

My musings :)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 11 users

alwaysgreen

Top 20
This afternoon saw a large amount of coin being shifted back into growth stocks, not just Brainchip... :unsure:

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

buena suerte :-)

BOB Bank of Brainchip

Let's hope for a positive US market overnight to settle things down "a little bit" ....🙏🙏

And European markets in positive territory also at the moment.​

SYMBOLPRICECHANGE%CHANGE
*FTSE7,364.8+3.17+0.04
*DAX12,995.8+34.66+0.27
CAC6,220.49+10.27+0.17
*STOXX600420.6+0.79+0.19
AEX696.35+6.04+0.87
BEL 203,642.4+13.06+0.36
*FTSE MIB21,890.91+65.69+0.3
OMXS301,949.58+7.15+0.37
*SMI10,896.1+11.15+0.1
HEX10,728.58+40.43+0.38
PSI206,044.1+23.54+0.39
OMXC 251,654.67-1.18-0.07
RUSSIA2,399.47+92.85+4.03

Pre-Markets looking good​

US STOCK FUTURES​

DOW FUTURES​

170.000.54%
  • Level31,945.00
  • Fair Value31,801.19
  • Implied Open +143.81

S&P 500 FUTURES​

22.750.57%
  • Level4,010.25
  • Fair Value3,986.98
  • Implied Open +23.27

NASDAQ FUTURES​

87.000.70%
  • Level12,445.75
  • Fair Value12,350.90
  • Implied Open +94.85

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Slade

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

Makeme 2020

Regular
Renesas Electronics Corporation

Renesas to Acquire Steradian to Expand Its Reach in the Radar Market

Enter the terms you wish to search for.
Account

Main navigation​

• Products
  • Applications
  • Design Resources
  • Sales & Support
  • About
Breadcrumb
  1. Press Roomarrow_right
  2. Newsarrow_right
  3. Renesas to Acquire Steradian to Expand Its Reach in the Radar Market

The Acquisition Will Bolster Renesas’ Automotive and Industrial Sensing Portfolio with Steradian's Radar Technology
August 31, 2022
TOKYO, Japan, August 31, 2022 ― Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE:6723, “Renesas”), a premier supplier of advanced semiconductor solutions, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Steradian Semiconductors Private Limited (“Steradian”), a fabless semiconductor company based in Bengaluru, India, that provides 4D imaging radar solutions, in an all-cash transaction. The acquisition is expected to close by the end of 2022, subject to customary closing conditions. The acquisition of Steradian's radar technology will enable Renesas to extend its reach in the radar market and boost its automotive and industrial sensing solution offerings.
With the advancements of ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) in the automotive market, automotive sensor fusion demand is growing to allow precise and accurate object detection of vehicles’ surroundings by combining data from multiple sensors, such as cameras, radar and LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging). Radar in particular accurately detects objects over long distances, day or night, even during harsh weather or other adverse environmental conditions. For these reasons, radar is considered an essential sensing technology for ADAS, and the number of radar sensors installed in vehicles is expected to triple over the next five years (Note). To respond to such growth potential, Renesas is expanding its automotive product portfolio with Steradian’s radar technology.
“Radar is an indispensable technology for ADAS, which uses a complex combination of various sensors,” said Hidetoshi Shibata, President and CEO of Renesas. “The addition of Steradian's superb radar technology and engineering talent will allow us to extend our leadership in the automotive segments. We will also leverage their technology for industrial applications to drive our mid- to long-term business growth in both segments.”
"Renesas' industry-leading portfolio of embedded solutions and broad customer base serve as an ideal foundation to maximize Steradian’s radar technology worldwide,” said Gireesh Rajendran, CEO of Steradian. “By working together with the Renesas team, we will continue to develop innovative radar solutions that deliver the high performance, small footprint and low power consumption that our customers desire.”​
Founded in 2016 as a start-up company, Steradian has extensive expertise in radar technology. Operating in the 76-81 GHz band, Steradian’s powerful 4D radar transceivers offer a high level of integration in a small form factor and high power efficiency. Renesas will leverage Steradian's design assets and expertise to develop automotive radar products, with plans to start sample shipments by the end of 2022. The company aims to develop complete automotive radar solutions that combine ADAS SoCs (System-on-Chips) for processing radar signals, power management ICs (PMICs), and timing products together with software for object recognition. Collectively, these solutions will simplify the design of automotive radar systems and contribute to faster product development.
Renesas and Steradian have been collaborating since 2018, mainly in industrial applications. Steradian's radar technology is expected to be adopted in home security systems such as surveillance, traffic monitoring for people, cars and motorcycles, HMI (Human-Machine Interface) systems such as gesture recognition and docking systems in airport terminals. Steradian provides targeted solutions for these applications by offering transceiver ICs, turnkey modules that include antennas, and software stacks for object recognition.
For the last several years, Renesas has been expanding its connectivity and analog products to complement its core processing products for embedded systems. With the acquisition of Steradian, Renesas will bring together the best possible devices and software to meet the growing demand for sensor technology solutions for automotive and industrial customers, to make their design work easier.
(Note) Source: Strategy Analytics Inc., "Imaging RADAR Coming to Automotive,” December 2021.
(Remarks) All names of products or services mentioned in this press release are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
About Renesas Electronics Corporation
Renesas Electronics Corporation (TSE: 6723) empowers a safer, smarter and more sustainable future where technology helps make our lives easier. A leading global provider of microcontrollers, Renesas combines our expertise in embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. These Winning Combinations accelerate time to market for automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, enabling billions of connected, intelligent devices that enhance the way people work and live. Learn more at renesas.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
Cautionary note regarding forward-looking statements
This announcement may contain certain statements that are, or may be deemed to be, forward-looking statements with respect to the financial condition, results of operations and business of Renesas and/or Steradian and/or the combined group following completion of the Acquisition and certain plans and objectives of Renesas with respect thereto. These forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate to historical or current facts. Forward-looking statements also often use words such as “anticipate,” “target,” “continue,” “estimate,” “expect,” ‘‘forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “goal,” “believe,” “hope,” “aims,” “continue,” “could,” “project,” “should,” “will” or other words of similar meaning. These statements are based on assumptions and assessments made by Renesas and/or Steradian (as applicable) in light of their experience and perception of historical trends, current conditions, future developments and other factors they believe appropriate. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainty, because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that will occur in the future and the factors described in the context of such forward-looking statements in this announcement could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in or implied by such forward-looking statements. Although it is believed that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, no assurance can be given that such expectations will prove to be correct and you are therefore cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements which speak only as at the date of this announcement.
Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could significantly affect expected results and are based on certain key assumptions. Many factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected or implied in any forward-looking statements. Due to such uncertainties and risks, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date of this announcement. Neither Renesas nor Steradian undertakes any obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.
There are several factors which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied in forward-looking statements. Among the factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements are changes in the global, political, economic, business and competitive environments, market and regulatory forces, future exchange and interest rates, changes in tax rates and future business combinations or dispositions. If any one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize or if any one or more of the assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may differ materially from those expected, estimated or projected. Such forward looking statements should therefore be construed in the light of such factors.
No member of the Renesas group or Steradian nor any of their respective associates, directors, officers, employers or advisers, provides any representation, assurance or guarantee that the occurrence of the events expressed or implied in any forward-looking statements in this announcement will actually occur.
Except as expressly provided in this announcement, no forward-looking or other statements have been reviewed by the auditors of the Renesas group or Steradian. All subsequent oral or written forward-looking statements attributable to any member of the Renesas group or Steradian, or any of their respective associates, directors, officers, employers or advisers, are expressly qualified in their entirety by the cautionary statement above.​

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
“I don't really see the added value in completely autonomous driving” look up Tony Seba or Ark invest and they will give you billions of reasons
I'm not talking about assistance systems.
It will be a long time before AD dominates the road and becomes the ubiquitous standard as in movies. This will be slowed down by the extra costs that the OEMs will charge. And in person buses fully AD simply eliminates a job with near to no added value. Has anyone done any thoughts on driver assistance for disabled (?) people in wheelchairs? It would be absurd if a driver sits in the fully autonomous bus in case. Applies to cabs as well of course. Until driverless cabs become standard it will pass more time. And here too, the added value lies in the elimination of the job. Of course everything will be safer. Assistance systems clearly save lives here of course. Until this is also generally the case for AD 5 most vehicles will have to be of them.
I mean it's very nice that this is also a market for us. But I personally don't attach much importance to it except for the assistance systems. I think that already the trip with the EQXX to the Mediterranean was very economical but not much fun - for me. Some roads there are gorgeous and others so narrow that I can only imagine they are impossible for an AD5 EV. A human can signal to the opposing vehicle that he will back into the gap. I imagine two such vehicles facing each other on a too narrow road, each with drivers who have forgotten how to drive. It's certainly funny.
With AD at level 5 driving degrades for me to pure transportation from A to B. And whether I prefer to be transported by an experienced driver or a system that I can not say yet. I'm more of an old hand. Up to now I like to change gears which makes driving fun. Driving fun is interesting for me. But I'll see where it takes me and I could always change my mind later.
e.g.
Galamus.png

Last edited:
  • Love

Labsy

Regular
Brainchip's share price has closely followed the Dow, S&P and NASDAQ over the last month.
Jerome Powell's speech has put the US markets into a quandary. The Fed Uses a checklist of five measurements in its deliberations on Monetary Policy. They are illustrated below:

View attachment 15518

So, one question would be how are those measures of aggregate real economic activity going, and how do they compare to previous recessions? Because the US may not be anywhere near a recession at present.

View attachment 15519

That doesn't say that the US won't enter into a recession soon, but the facts at present don't align with this.
So the purpose of my post is to show that a continued fall in equity markets won't occur because of recession fears.

If the US markets can find a base somewhere around current levels, hopefully BRN also has found a base.
Or they basically do whatever Larry Fink advises them to do.....

• Love

Boab

I wish I could paint like Vincent
I'm not talking about assistance systems.
It will be a long time before AD dominates the road and becomes the ubiquitous standard as in movies. This will be slowed down by the extra costs that the OEMs will charge. And in person buses fully AD simply eliminates a job with near to no added value. Until driverless cabs become standard it will pass more time. And here, too, the added value lies in the elimination of the job. Of course everything will be safer. Assistance systems clearly save lives here of course. Until this is also generally the case for AD 5 most vehicles will have to be of them.
I mean it's very nice that this is also a market for us. But I personally don't attach much importance to it except for the assistance systems. I think that already the trip with the EQXX to the Mediterranean was very economical but not much fun - for me. Some roads there are gorgeous and others so narrow that I can only imagine they are impossible for an AD5 EV. A human can signal to the opposing vehicle that he will back into the gap. I imagine two such vehicles facing each other on a too narrow road, each with drivers who have forgotten how to drive. It's certainly funny.
With AD at level 5 driving degrades for me to pure transportation from A to B. And whether I prefer to be transported by an experienced driver or a system that I can not say yet. I'm more of an old hand. Up to now I like to change gears which makes driving fun. Driving fun is interesting for me. But I'll see where it takes me and I could always change my mind later.
Eventually the bumbling bureaucrats will take the pleasure of driving away from you but I feel we are safe for quite a few years at least.
Enjoy the stick shift.

equanimous

Norse clairvoyant shapeshifter goddess
  • Thinking

cosors

👀
Eventually the bumbling bureaucrats will take the pleasure of driving away from you but I feel we are safe for quite a few years at least.
Enjoy the stick shift.
I know I'm one of the very few and that will also end for me at some point with a linear torque tableau. I am sure of that.
But as far as bureaucrats are concerned I'm very skeptical. Then they have to provide the conditions that make it possible. They can't even manage to digitize 60-year-old traffic light systems. They can't even manage to make the platforms in the country level so that wheelchair users can get on. I'm thinking about AD buses in cities.
They have to rebuild all the roads everywhere so that there is no conflict or tilt in the systems.
I think that's going to be a playing field for the next few years to test the technology and test the limits. And for those who can afford it.

Special bus lanes in big cities or on highways are another topic.

How do I explain to such a vehicle which parking space I would like to have in the parking garage on wich deck or how to get onto the ferry? How is overtaking on country roads regulated when driving behind a slow tractor. We will see.

And this is really a first world challenge for privelegate. Type Bangladesh traffic collapse into Google.

here is also a picture to illustrate
Bangladesh.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Diogenese

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom