BRN Discussion Ongoing

Krustor

Regular
I’ve a feeling we could go red today to finish the week.
The day in Germany isnt over, yet. I have a strong Feeling, that we go green today. Maybe I will be "worried" tomorrow - or not after watching the weeks chart 🥳🔮

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
Hey Bravo, your short changing your hypothetical / realistic equation.
Missed a zero
50 x 2,300,000 =115,000,000
81,000,000 + 115,000,000 = 196,000,000:)
Good pickup @HALMAN

The numbers are so large, it is difficult to read them sans commas. And they remain large, even after the omission of a digit.

I originally read the 50 x 2300000 = 15000000 as 150,000,000 and thought “close enough”. I didn’t pick up on the fact that it should have been 115,000,000.

And to think, in a few years time, there will be more digits and more additions in the equation.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

cosors

👀
Thanks @MC. I will revise my figures again based on this "new information".

So, lets see.

• Volkswagen have said they're going to use 3 families of chips (from an article I posted previously today) and lets say that AKIDA is 3 out of 3 of the families of chips, forget erring on the conservative side.
  • Volkswagen have 50 chips in their SUV (as per Venturebeat snippet below)
  • 50 x 2,300,000 = 15000000
Then we have Mercedes

• Let's say Mercedes have 90 chips in their SUV's
  • 90 x 900 000 = 81000000

So that means, Volkswagen plus Mercedes

81000000 + 15000000 = 96000000

PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON THIS AS FINANCIAL ADVICE BECAUSE I FAILED MATH AT SCHOOL.
I can't decide therefore
🔥🤣❤️

Reactions: 6 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
I'm not 100% sure about when they sell. But if the price goes up and they haven't sold the shares then they will ne even. If they sold the shares at $1 they would have to currently buy the shares back and lose 20%
The confusion seems to be around when shorters sell. They sell immediately, they do not hold the shares.

Shorters borrow shares and sell them pretty much immediately. They later have to buy shares to repay the original loan.

Shorters make money when the share price goes down, allowing them to repay the loan by buying shares at a lower price than they previously sold them at.

Your example is correct. There will currently be shorters who borrowed, and sold, BrainChip shares at $1, they are (as you correctly say) currently sitting on a 20% loss. The important point is that their loan has an expiry date (typically only a few days long) at which time they will be forced to buy shares to pay the loan off. That‘s when they get burned—they are forced to make a loss.

Short selling is quite a difficult concept to get your mind around.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users
so that no one forgets how great Brainchip is, here it is again

Nice post from the class forum. Translation from memory!

Webinar: Brainchip is specifically captured only with the current de facto standard NVIDIA Jetson.

The two techniques were tested with the same Nviso software on identical systems with the latest software/drivers. Both systems were tested on 5 standard models currently used by Nviso (gestures, etc.). It is interesting that the main customers who use these models include Siemens (in the medical field), Panasonic (private customers) and ZF (mobility).

The results can be read on the charts. Summarized:

- Akida runs at a lower clock compared to NVIDIA (300 MHZ compared to NVIDIA with approx. 900 CPU and approx. 1400? GPU, which leads to a significantly lower power consumption on the part of Akida
- In terms of output, Akida achieves an average of over 1,000 FPS for all models - well ahead of NVIDIA, which neither the GPU nor the CPU can achieve in the best model. (This is the performance index)
- Response time: Akida is below 1 ms for the models. Again, NVIDIA doesn't match this on the GPU or CPU side.
- Memory side - and this is where the money comes into play as memory is expensive - Akida only needs 1/5 of NVIDIA. Akida is under 1 MB using all 5 models cumulatively

Finally: Akida has at least the same performance (the emphasis is on at least) with significantly lower acquisition costs and running costs (energy consumption). The low energy consumption alone at this level of performance takes Akida into other spheres - apart from one-shot learning etc.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 44 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

cassip

Regular
Volume today on Tradegate (Germany) about half a million. Have a good start to tomorrow Friday

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
so that no one forgets how great Brainchip is, here it is again

Nice post from the class forum. Translation from memory!

Webinar: Brainchip is specifically captured only with the current de facto standard NVIDIA Jetson.

The two techniques were tested with the same Nviso software on identical systems with the latest software/drivers. Both systems were tested on 5 standard models currently used by Nviso (gestures, etc.). It is interesting that the main customers who use these models include Siemens (in the medical field), Panasonic (private customers) and ZF (mobility).

The results can be read on the charts. Summarized:

- Akida runs at a lower clock compared to NVIDIA (300 MHZ compared to NVIDIA with approx. 900 CPU and approx. 1400? GPU, which leads to a significantly lower power consumption on the part of Akida
- In terms of output, Akida achieves an average of over 1,000 FPS for all models - well ahead of NVIDIA, which neither the GPU nor the CPU can achieve in the best model. (This is the performance index)
- Response time: Akida is below 1 ms for the models. Again, NVIDIA doesn't match this on the GPU or CPU side.
- Memory side - and this is where the money comes into play as memory is expensive - Akida only needs 1/5 of NVIDIA. Akida is under 1 MB using all 5 models cumulatively

Finally: Akida has at least the same performance (the emphasis is on at least) with significantly lower acquisition costs and running costs (energy consumption). The low energy consumption alone at this level of performance takes Akida into other spheres - apart from one-shot learning etc.
My take away from this video was that the models were written by Nviso to run on the NVIDIA GPU and the CPU, and were probably optimised for that hardware. It is, after all, what Nvisio have been doing for a decade. Then the models were quickly ported (Tim’s words, and I think he said it took only a matter of hours) to Akida where they blew away both the GPU and CPU in all aspects. I was extremely impressed. I don’t consider the performance as similar, Akida was a clear winner in 4 of the 5 models with only facial gesture monitoring being comparable.

Tim was overly obvious in his choice of words in talking generically about neuromorphic computing. But it was also so blatantly obvious that every time he used the generic term, he may as well have said Akida. Akida, after all IS the ONLY SNN hardware out there and is the ONLY hardware he did his testing on. It was with Akida hardware and software that his software successfully integrated, and not with neuromorphic computing, as was stated. Although the former does imply the later.

The first half of the video is basically a testament to how good Akida is. And the second half was a look into all the places Akida can be used.

I assume a huge part of this video was to introduce their SDK. And well it should be, that’s how,they are going to,get developers interested and get people to play with Akida. Unfortunately, I found that part of the video quite boring. I believe it wasn’t clearly thought through. That sort of stuff should never be done live, it should be pre-recorded and presented as smoothly as possible. Then you can enhance the video with pop-ups explaining what is going on. Watching textnon a screen never makes for great viewing.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users
D

Deleted member 118

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

TopCat

Regular

AI-Driven Decision-Making​

Palantir Edge AI is Palantir’s AI orchestration and sensor fusion engine that runs on disconnected, remote endpoints. It enables autonomous decision-making for on-hardware models consuming real-time sensor, radio, acoustic, geo-registration, and time series data. Extremely lightweight and power efficient, Palantir Edge AI brings AI to drones, vehicles, buildings, oil rigs, aircraft, ships, wind turbines, robots, satellites — and more.

Now this would be a great rumour to start! Just need to find that solid link to Palantir 🤔

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

MrNick

Regular

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
I buckled yesterday… sold what very little I had left in LKE at a small loss.

Bought extra 900ish BRN. I know that’s peanuts to some holdings here of course.

Tax return should clear today/Monday (hurry up!!! The bus is starting to roll…) and hope to make it to my (very modest) target of 10k shares before long. Then my Q2 bonus will come in end of August. All this is usually my play money. So no savings, home budgets or contingencies where or are being hurt in the process 🤣😂

Even considering to sell to some guitars that have sat in their cases for too long. Nows the time… all aboard!!

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 58 users
D

Deleted member 118

did you know that ? always thought peter holds the patents! according to the link he ceded them to brn 🙄
I wondered what you was pointing out now I know 👍

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Slymeat

Move on, nothing to see.
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Gemmax

Regular
Getting their arse handed to them atm. Bloody tipped them to
I'm Parra supporter from way back. Pretenders not contenders I suspect.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Wake Up Coffee GIF by good-morning

Good morning my fellow and fellowets chipsters:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Top Bottom