BrainChip – AFL/NRL Tipping Comp

D

Deleted member 118

G’day @Rocket577….give me 5 or 10 and I’ll post an updated leaderboard…. It’s not me btw!…😬
I’ll just be happy to make top 10 come end of season

butcherano

Regular
I’ll just be happy to make top 10 come end of season
How's top 20 at mid season sound instead @Rocket577?!...

Big disclaimer here.....I just drank my body weight in vb watching the mighty pies beat freo before I did this update.....so please double check your stats and let me know if you see any discrepancies!...;)

1653218593778.png

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 118

Big disclaimer here.....I just drank my body weight in vb watching the mighty pies beat freo before I did this update.....so please double check your stats and let me know if you see any discrepancies!...;)

View attachment 7395
I think you’ve stitch me up for 20 points

butcherano

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Slade

Top 20

View attachment 7395
Good win by Collingwood today. I didn’t pick it.

Reactions: 1 users

butcherano

Regular
Cheers dude…I’m gutted to say that I strayed off my “Tip Collingwood every round” rule for the first time this week!…lol.…. I should do that more often….including against the blue baggers next week and see if it can work again….😁. I think the rain helped today for us through. A wet track and we had a team of mudders….

• Haha

Slade

Top 20
Cheers dude…I’m gutted to say that I strayed off my “Tip Collingwood every round” rule for the first time this week!…lol.…. I should do that more often….including against the blue baggers next week and see if it can work again….😁. I think the rain helped today for us through. A wet track and we had a team of mudders….
Collingwood handled the wet alright. Not so Fremantle. I will have to look at the weather forecast for the next round.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Butcherano, I just noticed the State of Origin games are also included in the NRL tipping. Will we be including these tips as well as part of the competition?

butcherano

Regular
Hey Butcherano, I just noticed the State of Origin games are also included in the NRL tipping. Will we be including these tips as well as part of the competition?
G’day @SharesForBrekky…we’ll spotted. Yeah - the state of origin games are included...👍

Reactions: 3 users
Well done Butch. I didn’t plan at all for the byes in Supercoach: so you’ve smashed me. Big Gawny 198 points…omg!

butcherano

Regular
Well done Butch. I didn’t plan at all for the byes in Supercoach: so you’ve smashed me. Big Gawny 198 points…omg!
Cheers @Stable Genius….I normally capitulate during the byes so this is good for a change. Wish I had Gawn for captain though! I’m sitting up at 276th out of 176k overall now. Hoping I can sneak into some prize money this year….

• Fire
Cheers @Stable Genius….I normally capitulate during the byes so this is good for a change. Wish I had Gawn for captain though! I’m sitting up at 276th out of 176k overall now. Hoping I can sneak into some prize money this year….
Great work. Just a question as I’ve not played Supercoach before. Is there a final series and if so how many games?

Just trying to work out how to best use my trades as I’ve tried to be frugal with them but don’t want to finsh the season with some left over.

I am guessing we are playing up until round 23 in which case with 10 rounds to go at least 20 trades left would be ideal at this time?

Cheers!

butcherano

Regular
Great work. Just a question as I’ve not played Supercoach before. Is there a final series and if so how many games?

Just trying to work out how to best use my trades as I’ve tried to be frugal with them but don’t want to finsh the season with some left over.

I am guessing we are playing up until round 23 in which case with 10 rounds to go at least 20 trades left would be ideal at this time?

Cheers!
G’day @Stable Genius….geez…you’ve done an awesome job for your first season. Most people take a few years to put a good team together.

I normally trade hard at the start of the season to try and get my team set with guns in all positions as quickly as possible. But you definitely need to save trades for the last half of the year for injuries and when coaches start resting gun players in the lead up to the afl finals. After the next bye round I’ll be set with no rookies left on the ground but I’ll only have 9 trades left. Ideally I would have liked a few more.

The SuperCoach finals is the last 4 rounds of the home and away season (R.20-23). That decides who wins within your league of 18 teams. Same finals system as the AFL.

But it’s your total points that are more important for your overall ranking out of the 176k total teams because this is what decides the prize money. I think they pay down to 10th place.

G’day @Stable Genius….geez…you’ve done an awesome job for your first season. Most people take a few years to put a good team together.

I normally trade hard at the start of the season to try and get my team set with guns in all positions as quickly as possible. But you definitely need to save trades for the last half of the year for injuries and when coaches start resting gun players in the lead up to the afl finals. After the next bye round I’ll be set with no rookies left on the ground but I’ll only have 9 trades left. Ideally I would have liked a few more.

The SuperCoach finals is the last 4 rounds of the home and away season (R.20-23). That decides who wins within your league of 18 teams. Same finals system as the AFL.

But it’s your total points that are more important for your overall ranking out of the 176k total teams because this is what decides the prize money. I think they pay down to 10th place.

Tbh I didn’t even consider trying to win any prize money. I was just trying to get a team to make the finals: then last night I thought I’d better check if there were finals 😂

I’ve still got 19 trades left but my teams not as strong as yours! I thought I’d take a few hits/ losses and conserve my trades for the pointy end of the season!

Your teams very strong! Well done and good luck if you can get into the winners list!

I made a few mistakes, for example I started with Curnow from Carlton but his first game was ordinary so I traded him out which in hindsight was a bad move.

Did similar with big Gawny! Hindsight’s wonderfully clear with what I should have done!

It’s like life: you end up as a result of your choices!

It’s been fun!

Cheers!

Tbh I didn’t even consider trying to win any prize money. I was just trying to get a team to make the finals: then last night I thought I’d better check if there were finals 😂

I’ve still got 19 trades left but my teams not as strong as yours! I thought I’d take a few hits/ losses and conserve my trades for the pointy end of the season!

Your teams very strong! Well done and good luck if you can get into the winners list!

I made a few mistakes, for example I started with Curnow from Carlton but his first game was ordinary so I traded him out which in hindsight was a bad move.

Did similar with big Gawny! Hindsight’s wonderfully clear with what I should have done!

It’s like life: you end up as a result of your choices!

It’s been fun!

Cheers!

I might have to change my handle from Stable Genius to ”Stupid Idiot who can’t count” 😂🤣😂

I was just looking at my team and how I’m travelling when I realised I’ve saved up too many trades! Still having 18 left after round 16 means I can only make 17 more trades! What a goose! I went in to this week, (and last week) with only 1 ruck available deciding to save my trades for later on… only to realise it’s now wasted. I have to laugh at myself!

Oh well, at least 2 trades a week from now on through til season’s end! Getting my team primed to peak for the finals tilt!

1656770287818.png

Can’t pick a captain to save my life either! 😂

Well done Daniel; Good win!

I think I’m in strife looking at some for the scores everyone else is getting. Is it too late to pick a new team? 😂

• Haha

Violin1

Regular
Anyone having trouble with the site? I can't log in. (Go Pies..)

Violin1

Regular
Got back in - all good!

butcherano

Regular
Well it's getting to the pointy end of the season....latest leaderboard attached below. Still anyone's game!...

2 rounds left in the AFL and 4 rounds to go in the NRL.

Hope everyone followed my advice and tipped the mighty pies every round!...that's about the only thing I got right this year...:LOL:

1659924122627.png

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users
D

Deleted member 118

Well it's getting to the pointy end of the season....latest leaderboard attached below. Still anyone's game!...

2 rounds left in the AFL and 4 rounds to go in the NRL.

Hope everyone followed my advice and tipped the mighty pies every round!...that's about the only thing I got right this year...:LOL:

View attachment 13575

I’m more than happy with where I am as I’m only guessing every week as I not got a clue about either sport

Top Bottom