Bingo This Ship is Away

Semmel

Regular
The thing that doesn't make sense to me about that explanation is that if it were just a market maker selling all of the shares, they would see the high volume of buyers and dearth of sellers and would then raise the price. However that didn't happen. There were endless shares available and the ask price didn't budge, even went down for certain periods.

Obviously i don't know for sure, and i don't know how MM adjust prices for buying and selling. Also there might have been other actors, who knows? When I look at the Frankfurt exchange though, and Munich and Stuttgart in Germany, i see trades of 10000 or 20000 with a 5 or 10% spread sitting there waiting. These offers are from MM.

Reactions: 1 users

anbuck

Regular
Obviously i don't know for sure, and i don't know how MM adjust prices for buying and selling. Also there might have been other actors, who knows? When I look at the Frankfurt exchange though, and Munich and Stuttgart in Germany, i see trades of 10000 or 20000 with a 5 or 10% spread sitting there waiting. These offers are from MM.
Here it briefly mentions how market makers set prices: https://centerpointsecurities.com/h...et prices based,maker will decrease the price.

But, that said, I don't have a good explanation for the price action. Maybe these market makers decided not to increase prices despite the asymmetrical supply/demand for some reason.

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom