BET Discussion 2022

Lattelarry

Regular
@RegBet did you see this article posted by zeeb0t in the meltdown thread

Reactions: 4 users

Lattelarry

Regular
Yep glad to move on too. I did find this in the article funny:
McCrae scoffs when asked about the site's moderation process: "The moderators are the same people who are posting on there, it is a f***king joke."

• Haha

Lattelarry

Regular
Feels like the SP will drift lower as those shares transferred from Waterhouse to MQG are offloaded.

Reactions: 2 users
Despite my best efforts I can’t understand how this growth company, that is clearly profitable, that is hitting all its targets, with potentially its main market about to kick off, not to mention 100 million in cash, can only be valued at ~600mil, with a stagnant share price, it’s staggering the damage all this shorting has done, as that’s the only way it’s possible to come up with a valuation like this… it just doesn’t make sense. Anyway just my Monday rant, I’ll be topping up again at these levels later this week…..promised the family a trip to America late 2023 and bet is going to pay for it….

She's not pretty with the selloff due to global markets and TW lending macbank more shares to short - was getting very excited when back into the 70’s but Macbank is ruthless

ScottBET

Regular
We need to get a piece of this action!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Lattelarry

Regular

comin2getme

comin2getme

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-175405_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-175405_Chrome.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Haha

Lattelarry

Regular
SP held up pretty well today consider how far US futures are in the red.

Reactions: 1 users

billyidol

Last year (26 Feb 2021), BET released their half yearly results and the dates around these things are fairly regular, year in and year out.

I haven't seen any date as to when they will release them this year, but it can't be too far away; we are talking a matter of days. Usually companies announce when they are going to report, so have I missed something in the key dates ?

Lattelarry

Regular
I dont see them announcing when the report is going to be last year. My guess is Friday again. Also looks like Tripp has been in a year now. Maybe he wants another 25M which he could buy on market this time?

ScottBET

Regular
Anyone attend this today?

ScottBET

Regular
In Todd’s last interview on A U S B I Z he mentioned that some European and sth American countries will be opening up to fixed odds this year. This old article https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...oroughbred-racetracks-of-chile-177465211.html means we already have a foot in the door of Chile, Peru and Argentina.
This article gives a good insight into South America and horse racing and it is a lot bigger than people think. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/sbc...s-tapping-strong-latam-racing-heritage/?amp=1
Just another potential revenue stream/s for BET.

• Fire
In Todd’s last interview on A U S B I Z he mentioned that some European and sth American countries will be opening up to fixed odds this year. This old article https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rel...oroughbred-racetracks-of-chile-177465211.html means we already have a foot in the door of Chile, Peru and Argentina.
This article gives a good insight into South America and horse racing and it is a lot bigger than people think. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/sbcnews.co.uk/features/2021/02/15/angel-calderon-sis-tapping-strong-latam-racing-heritage/?amp=1
Just another potential revenue stream/s for BET.
Whilst i totally agree the US will be a huge market i cant ignore the fact that the Sportech acquisition will open multiple doors worldwide. Once pari mutual operations see that the fixed odds concept works and the benefits the Betmakers model brings to the race clubs and jurisdiction's they operate in i think the uptake will be enormous. Any punter these days wants certainty on return which fixed odds offers.
Betmakers has so many irons in the fire its exciting to be part of it and once the first domino falls it will be a catalyst for plenty more.

Reactions: 6 users

Ibetfixed

Regular
I would have thought BET would have had the big bookmakers all over them to be one of the first 5 to be able to offer their customers fixed odds in New Jersey ie with the scramble to get market share … surely this offering to the retail customers would be very appealing … any thoughts on why the top 5 bookmaker deals haven’t been signed up yet on 15 year deals with BET for fixed odds ?? Cheers

The conspiracy in me says BETs management working with Macbank and shorting and will announce the 5 bookies and let the SP run when they decide. Waterhouse could always ask for his shares back - grrr - 108M shorted as of last Tuesday 25% of MC geez that’s big

Ibetfixed

Regular
The conspiracy in me says BETs management working with Macbank and shorting and will announce the 5 bookies and let the SP run when they decide. Waterhouse could always ask for his shares back - grrr - 108M shorted as of last Tuesday 25% of MC geez that’s big
108mill shares is about 11% of the market cap ie over 900mill shares on issue.

108mill shares is about 11% of the market cap ie over 900mill shares on issue.
11% of SOI - MC was under $500m 2 days ago at 55c - thats all i was referencing and comparing not against SOI

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom