AVZ Discussion 2022

LOCKY82

Regular
Do we have the money for all this? Surface rights + 15% purchase from Cominiere (zijins) + icc + drilling? Hopefully cath are happy to go to 9% and we get this show on the road while arbitration goes on in the background

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Can anyone shed light on why there are 2 Arbitration cases to be lodged against Cong?

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20
Can anyone shed light on why there are 2 Arbitration cases to be lodged against Cong?
One for each the 10% and the 5% which were different transactions totalling the 15% we purchase from dathomir is the way I'm reading it.

Reactions: 16 users

The Fox

Regular
Is the ML dependant on the result of this 15%.
I thought that it was as long as a company hold 51% and have proven financial funding for the project then that should be sufficient to issue the ML .
So surface rights still could be paid in full by Dathcom while arbitration proceeds .
It is now fact AVZ / Dathcom hold 60%.

Unless surface rights have to be paid by individual partners ?
A question for Ben at AVZ.
Hey Whales

I don’t know of any country where the Government would issue an ML/PE to a private company when the ownership of said company is unclear.

This is to ensure there are no criminal elements, mafia, known money laundering or terrorist groups or sanctioned people or sanctioned companies involved etc.

I fail to see how this could be any different in the DRC or the way the Government there should manage things. However, since half the operators in the DRC are crooks, maybe it doesn’t matter there, who fuck’en knows.

My understanding on the 51% ruling is only to do with one party having 51%, not we don't care who owns the other 49%.

Certainly more disclosure needed from BOD on the outlook re ML/PE and ownership issues. Many shareholders will need to plan around a drawn out (further draw out) suspension if clarity of ownership is one of the reasons for the hold up....... now. Apparently is hasn't been an issue voiced by Nigel thus far for ML/PE delay, only correct surface rights, hope this hasn't changed or been overlooked.

Cheers The Fox

• Fire

Powerage

Given the contractual nature of our case, there may be a decent chance of a summary judgement at the ICC.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

wombat74

Top 20
Could we expect an announcement re the restructure of the CATH deal . AVZ 51% +CATH 9% = ML . Check Mate Mother F--kers .

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 14 users
Maybe AVZ was waiting for the release of the IGF report confirming our 60% first (assurance of government support), which didn't arrive until 30/11 and subsequently on the 1/12 we lodged our arbitration request. The chance of winning by taking everyone on at the same time is unlikely.
View attachment 23769
Confirming in the announcement what we've been saying all along. In other words Zijin can get fucked, Dathcom can get fucked, Cominiere can get fucked and princess bitch face can get fucked. Everyone can go and get fucked basically.

This may even put some pressure on the DRC to pull the ML out of the bottom drawer too.
Yes I know what you mean MB, however it looks like it's come to this being a necessary step in proceedings. I'm choosing to believe that it's a positive at this stage and that Cong will shy away from the potential of compensation.
I was under the impression however through previous reading on ICC arbitration that the ICC have no real power to enforce a ruling? Perhaps someone can correct me on this. :unsure:

I agree @Charbella, the company may have been waiting for the report but if so it seems like it was a bit of a gamble! I’m going to try not to worry too much because there’s not much we can do and the Arbitration could be months away which would mean months of worry.

Also there has been a lot of good information on here lately so there’s reason to be be positive…. But I still can’t take my eye off our finances and if we have to wait months and need to pay for Cominiere’s 15%, plus attorneys etc…. I keep looking at our bank balance and as it stands I reckon we now have under $40 mil left in the kitty

@DiscoDanNZ, your colouring hand looks a little shaky and are you having a small crack at the Mantle…. You’ll have to do better, @Winenut’s position won’t be tested on that offering!

I think Cong has been around long enough to play a long game, he’s probably a professional mahjong player as well

Regarding your question about Arbitration, I hope someone can answer it because I can’t…. But still trying to stay positive too

I woke up supportive, I’m over my unimpressed feelings but still need Nigel (or CFO Jan) to provide a supportive narrative around our finances

• Haha

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
One thing is for sure this means more time, time = money.

Time for the BOD to take a little pay cut and leave a bit extra in the kitty? If a bit of a pay cut means you can't afford to pay your power bill you could always sell a few shares in AJN to make up the difference aye Nige.

EDIT: @MoneyBags1348 trying to highlight on a laptop touch pad when in a rush and after 2 coffees will do that to me. I leave the beers until later in the afternoon after all I'm only unemployed, not a piece of shit.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
One for each the 10% and the 5% which were different transactions totalling the 15% we purchase from dathomir is the way I'm reading it.
Yes, probably it's that simple

Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
Fucking surface rights paid within a few days... Fuck. 💩
Where are you Jean Felix? :unsure:
under-a-rock-hiding.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 7 users

TDITD

Top 20
I'm hoping that instigating Arbitration is a strategy to bring Comg to the table to settle the dispute. ICC average case timeline takes 18 months to complete, Cong will know this. Will bringing proceedings against CONG motivate him to forgo a $50m or $100 grab in favour of a lessor amount to conclude this dispute? I don't know.

So what happens now with CATH deal ? Partial settlement with CATH for AVZ to maintain 51% until all disputes resolved? or change in deal structure as previously discussed here? or push it out again?

One thing that is of some concern, how can a Government issue a mining licence (PE) to any company if the ownership is not 100% confirmed, locked in and so on. Maybe in the DRC this will not matter much, yet in many other jurisdictions you can't issue a ML/PE when owership of the holding company is unclear.

Let's hope AVZ has a strong enough claim in the ownership with Cominiere (with the help of the IGF) to ensure ML/PE is issued prior to the two Arbitration cases are completed.

Cheers The Fox

PS. Just noticed Dom on the same topic.

View attachment 23772
We have been in a chess game with Chinese players I would posit since that utter cretinous cock-womble with the shit eating grin Klaus departed and callously bombed the SP (after the BOD did not accept an insulting chinese TO offer - imo which he had lined up of course imo,imo,imo,, allegedly, maybe) . China have since been playing the long game and who knows how close we came to being beaten by them when the lithium price/sentiment/sector was in the dumps.

In my (feeble) mind this is definitely a move on Congs King, he wants more $$ (probably actually Mupande through him) as usual the underserving greedy want more, their play is holding AVZ up DRC up and they have been successful (THANKS FELIX). They are also trying to move on the carve up on our tenement, which wont work either. Pigs after snacks.

It is no coincidence that mere hours after IGF report drops implicating Dathomir that we lodge our 1st ICC Arbitration case. Our second case is no doubt for DAMAGES, this will be hundreds of millions if dragging into over a year quite likely over a billion dollars according to our DFS. "Recover losses sustained from them" , beautiful words, fighting words, expensive words if your Cong. How deep are those pockets ?

The news out lately is likely also not the end of it either, more to come and they likely are hearing chatter about it, DRC are finally moving on the criminals.

This is a move that in theory should force Dathomir to drop its pathetic claims once and for all.

Chess piece moved, check asshole !

• Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Samus

Top 20

DRC - Manono lithium mine: AJN, AVZ and TTX, incestuous financial ties in violation of stock market laws? (Grandstand)​

Third party rights

The Canadian company AJN RESOURCES INC of the sulphurous German businessman Peter Klaus Eckhof announced on December 1, 2022 in a press release that it had acquired, via its subsidiary CONGO RESOURCES SAU (CRS), 81 mining squares of the promising Manono lithium mine in the province of Tanganyka in the DRC.
How could he have acquired these squares so easily?

In fact, the boss of AJN RESSOURCES INC (Peter Klaus) was the former boss of AVZ MINERALS which owns shares through DATHCOM, in the Manono lithium mine. Peter Klaus is also the boss of TANTALEX LITHIUM RESOURCES (TTX), another company that also wants to exploit Manono's lithium. The fact that Peter Klaus has links with his 3 exploration and mining companies gives him access to confidential information that other investors do not. And that can lead to insider trading.
Indeed, the current boss of AVZ Nigel Munro holds 9.65% of the shares of AJN RESOURCES. This makes him the second largest shareholder before Klaus who has 3.69% of the shares.
It was after a meeting in April 2022 in Germany between the two businessmen that AJN RESOURCES acquired 81 mining squares resulting from the renunciation by AVZ of part of its mining portfolio. This "assignment-waiver" was immediately followed by the resignation of Nigel Ferguson as administrator at AJN RESOURCES. As director and second shareholder of AJN RESSOURCES, Nigel Ferguson is himself the beneficiary of this sale to the detriment of the holders of AVZ MINERALS shares.
The bond between Nigel and Klaus is visible as a nose in the face. Only the DRC and the holders of AVZ and AJN shares are the turkeys of the farce of this deal. Have the Australian and Canadian stock exchanges really received all the documents on this incestuous transaction?
It is up to these two financial policemen to protect small investors against possible insider trading by certain investors.
For the moment, the DRC has not yet issued an operating permit to DATHCOM/AVZ due to violations of the law. Negotiations have been floundering for 7 months. However, under Australian Stock Exchange regulations, a stalemate in trading for more than 18 months results in delisting.
As a reminder, several civil society organizations consider AJRN as a speculator in natural resources without the capacity to develop a world-class mine.
Civil society had already opposed in November 2019 the sale by SOKIMO of its 10% in KIBALI for the modest sum of 20 million against assets of 150 thousand ounces (10% of the 1.5 million ounces of reserves of ounces).
Christian Kakule

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
1670462630598.png

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

JAG

Top 20
1670462712517.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

JAG

Top 20
1670462791594.png

• Sad
Reactions: 8 users
Could we expect an announcement re the restructure of the CATH deal . AVZ 51% +CATH 9% = ML . Check Mate Mother F--kers .
I think we would be mad to make any material change to the ownership arrangements until such time as the ML is sorted. To do so would create yet another opportunity for the fuck-squad to characterise it as another uncertainty (or change), and parlay that into more shit-fuckery.

Last edited:
  • Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
I think we would be mad to make any material change to the ownership arrangements until such time as the ML is sorted. To do so would create yet another opportunity for the fuck-squad to characterise is as uncertainty (or change), and parlay that into more shit-fuckery.
Then it's going to take months to sort out . Can't see Cong caving in while the AVZ clock is running down . If CATH will still stump up the money and are committed long term I think it's the way to go . Otherwise we are going to run out of time . The Chinese either want us to delist or be forced to trade again without the ML . IMO

• Thinking

cruiser51

Top 20
Questions to ask....

Will Dathomir fight this for the ICC in Paris?

How is Dathomir going to fund a damages claim?

How is a damages claim against Dathomir enforceable?

Simon Cong is not known for handing out freebies.

Will the DRC enforce the verdict of the ICC?

How is Felix going to react, with this circus on his watch, in his country, under his judicial system?
Let's face it, his IGF informed him about this case about 8 months ago, newspaper articles started to appear more than a year ago.
And guess what?
Felix says in front of a crowd "if you have any evidence that my officials are corrupt, give me the evidence and I deal with it", with a smirk on his face, wearing his US$300,000 watch.

He and his judicial system has badly failed and has had ample time to correct the situation.

It means in my eyes, Felix has allowed this to develop to this stage and now, for the entire international world, his dirty festering fraudulent regime is being hung out to dry, for all to be seen.
He must be really a proud man today that this has come to this.

I wonder if Felix's government will continue to do business with the Cong/Klaus/Zijin clique.
I wonder if he gives his green princess a golden microphone to match her fancy watch.
I wonder if this will have any bearing on the case against his former advisor.
I wonder how he will deal with the green princess and his officials of Cominiere and Cami now.

• Fire
  • Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

JAG

Top 20
1670464647896.png

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20
Anyone?