AVZ Discussion 2022

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
200.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Samus

Top 20
Might be better than having most of my wealth tied up for another 6+ months anyway. The wife will do worse before long. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

LOCKY82

Regular
IMO, there was a concerted effort to have an all out short attack and take avz down completely. I'm not happy we still have to be in suspension bit I am definitely glad management took the steps to protect us and the company! Can you imagine the share price? It would be hammered, with shareholders getting rightly anxious will all the crap coming out of DRC, which would encourage bad actors even more, disinformation would increase tenfold until they buried us.
I do believe bod did what was best to protect our interests and took away the opportunity for corruption and shorters to have their way. IMO

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 35 users

LOCKY82

Regular
ML is obviously a huge de-risker

Reactions: 11 users

wombat74

Top 20
Thought of the day, don't crucify me but I'm actually starting to wonder if we might have been better off to have continued trading through this ordeal. We're still in a position where we have the decree for the licence behind us and since many li stocks have reached new all time highs.
Management still confident of positive outcomes and despite rubbish from some bad actors the truth is also in circulation.
It's no riskier now than it's ever been.
I just wonder if seven months + in suspension isn't more damaging in the scheme of things. :unsure:
Who's to know what the share price would be? May have done more damage to ourselves and favours to the shorters by getting dumped from the indexes.
Guess time will tell.
Hopefully not too much time as this could be yet more damaging imoell if
If the SP gets smashed backed to ten cents , wouldn't that leave us vulnerable to other potential problems?

• Thinking

LOCKY82

Regular

• Thinking

Roon

Regular
Thought of the day, don't crucify me but I'm actually starting to wonder if we might have been better off to have continued trading through this ordeal. We're still in a position where we have the decree for the licence behind us and since many li stocks have reached new all time highs.
Management still confident of positive outcomes and despite rubbish from some bad actors the truth is also in circulation.
It's no riskier now than it's ever been.
I just wonder if seven months + in suspension isn't more damaging in the scheme of things. :unsure:
Who's to know what the share price would be? May have done more damage to ourselves and favours to the shorters by getting dumped from the indexes.
Guess time will tell.
Hopefully not too much time as this could be yet more damaging imo.
I agree. I think Management expected this voluntary suspension to be very short lived, pardon the pun. OK so they decided to drop the TH initially due to the 'orchestrated short selling campaign' dropping the price from 1.3 to .78 (which IMO was likely the result of a lot of shareholders being spooked by Management finally admitting we were facing multiple legal challenges and ownership disputes - which played into the hands of some shorters already planning a campaign, likely in cahoots with our enemies). They then shifted into the voluntary suspension to 'protect shareholder value'. I take that on reflection to have been a quick move to prevent trading just until the ML dropped - which according to the official announcement they expected to happen within the week.

However as we all know, this didn't eventuate. However again they'd already told the ASX they were in suspension now until they received clarity on our mining and exploration rights - namely our ML (and our new PE). So this had backed us into a corner, where we couldn't come out because the stated issue for which we went into voluntary suspension remained perpetually incomplete.

I believe management got blindsided by this 6 month continuation of drama, and couldn't get around it because of their unfounded initial belief that the ML was just around the corner.

It was a strategic misstep in my view, and a self-perpetuating problem that whilst preventing some elements of risk has opened us up to numerous others alongside immense reputational damage. I think they made a somewhat dubious play to prevent the slide - which may have worked if their initial timeline was accurate - and got outplayed by the Chinese-Corrupt DRC official cabal.

But now we've made that bed so must lie in it until ML comes or we go back to the ASX and say oopsy. Still may work in the long run, but also maybe not.

Long winded way to say that yes I agree we should've just let the winds of fate play out - after all, that's how the stock market works.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Sad
Reactions: 15 users

LOCKY82

Regular
If the SP gets smashed backed to ten cents , wouldn't that leave us vulnerable to other potential problems?
I believe so, and like it or not management know the extent of what these fucks are up to in country. Unfortunately we don't have all the parts of the puzzle and are presuming this and that. They're the ones dealing with the inner workings of all this so they should know the best course of action to take.

Reactions: 8 users

Samus

Top 20
IMO, there was a concerted effort to have an all out short attack and take avz down completely. I'm not happy we still have to be in suspension bit I am definitely glad management took the steps to protect us and the company! Can you imagine the share price? It would be hammered, with shareholders getting rightly anxious will all the crap coming out of DRC, which would encourage bad actors even more, disinformation would increase tenfold until they buried us.
I do believe bod did what was best to protect our interests and took away the opportunity for corruption and shorters to have their way. IMO
We're committed now but some holders are being burned just as much as any shorters at the moment.
Fair enough if we can incinerate them out the other side of this but current talk even from the BOD suggests that they'll have their way with us after all this is said and done regardless...

• Thinking

LOCKY82

Regular
Some holders are being burned just as much as any shorters at the moment.
Fair enough if we can incinerate them out the other side of this but current talk even from the BOD suggests that they'll have their way with us after all this is said and done regardless...
Yeah and I feel for anyone who's in a bad spot, I had to close a tourism business due to covid, sold everything and put the majority on this which was 95% my available funds. So I'm fairly fixated on this too.

My thoughts are if the ml comes in like it should the sp will more than take care of itself, albeit with a few bumps in the road.

Sorry for the sob story 🤣 who's cutting onions!?! 😭

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

Does anyone know what Deboss actually does???

Is he just some crazy rich dude?

Did he make money from a profession or something then turn to investing?

Did he just get a shitload of money from Mum and Dad and can do what he pleases??

Just intriuged

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

LOCKY82

Regular

Did he just get a shitload of money from Mum and Dad and can do what he pleases??

Just intriuged
Shareholder of 40m apparently, knows management some drc locals and has visited manono in person. He recently had some "AVZ RIO" custom plates made, take from that what you will.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971

Just intriuged
Ask him directly Wino, he's registered here at TSE

I do know he stirs the shit out of the Great Martis on Twitter, and hangs out with young ladies drinking coffee:love::love:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

Roon

Regular
Shareholder of 40m apparently, knows management some drc locals and has visited manono in person. He recently had some "AVZ RIO" custom plates made, take from that what you will.
Maybe made a motza from Rio in the early days and now has replicated that start with AVZ, so the plates are reflecting those primary wealth channels haha.

I look forward to meeting all these characters at some point after the years of postings

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Samus

Top 20
Yeah and I feel for anyone who's in a bad spot, I had to close a tourism business due to covid, sold everything and put the majority on this which was 95% my available funds. So I'm fairly fixated on this too.

My thoughts are if the ml comes in like it should the sp will more than take care of itself, albeit with a few bumps in the road.

Sorry for the sob story 🤣 who's cutting onions!?! 😭
I just feel like being in suspension seems like the weaker position for management and displays less confidence than continued trading. As a holder it doesn't feel good either not knowing if or when your finances might be freed up.
The value of the asset is still the same and actually increasing along with the li price and further drilling. DRC has always been slow, nothing has really changed but for the better.
I'm just not convinced savvy investors would let go of their shares so easily for this to drop too seriously. If it did at least those committed could buy more and anyone is still free to sell if necessary.
Maintaining shareholder value is a farce imo. As Roon said, may have made sense in a suspension for a much shorter time frame.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

LOCKY82

Regular
I just feel like being in suspension seems like the weaker position for management and displays less confidence than continued trading. As a holder it doesn't feel good either not knowing if or when your finances might be freed up.
The value of the asset is still the same and actually increasing along with the li price and further drilling. DRC has always been slow, nothing has really changed but for the better.
I'm just not convinced savvy investors would let go of their shares so easily for this to drop too seriously. If it did at least those committed could buy more and anyone is still free to sell if necessary.
Maintaining shareholder value is a farce imo. As Roon said, may have made sense in a suspension for a much shorter time frame.
I hear you mate! Who's to know for sure. ML is the main concern, hopefully sometime in the next few months.

Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20
I hear you mate! Who's to know for sure. ML is the main concern, hopefully sometime in the next few months.
Here I fixed it for you ;)
"I hear you mate! Who's to know for sure. ML is the main concern, hopefully sometime in the next few months weeks"

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Ask him directly Wino, he's registered here at TSE

I do know he stirs the shit out of the Great Martis on Twitter, and hangs out with young ladies drinking coffee:love::love:
Jaysus so he is!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118_162321_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118_162321_Chrome.jpg
    533.7 KB · Views: 154

Just intriuged

Took this while chatting to him earlier in the week

DB17D4B8-F5D3-43B1-84FC-4AC306E68315.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32 users

LOCKY82

Regular
Here I fixed it for you ;)
"I hear you mate! Who's to know for sure. ML is the main concern, hopefully sometime in the next few months weeks"
While we're at it! 🤣

"I hear you mate! Who's to know for sure. ML is the main concern, hopefully sometime in the next few DAYS"

Top Bottom