AVZ Discussion 2022

Tunedin

One Happy Camper
All, I've decided to take a break from social media including here for the time being until the ML drops.

Stay safe, stay cool and play nice.......:cool: I leave you with one last one...:p:p
No worrries Jag, I guess we’ll all see you back on the threads imminently :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Remark

Top 20
Well that was a pretty shitfull day after a great start. It seems to be a sector wide drop.

I just got used to seeing it go up every day. Back to reality I guess 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13 users

Horse

Well that was a pretty shitfull day after a great start. It seems to be a sector wide drop.

Yeah with you there mate

Pokok

Regular

there is always tomorrow US markets up we down BUT most down after a good start never worry have another look just 1 time per day at the end it will happen

Reactions: 2 users

BRICK

Regular
OK no one pnaic! While JAG is away ill take care of the weekly pictures:

6baa288d7ad139e76a1748fec53af266.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users
Interesting video if you can get the closed captions going. If on mobile try using desktop site, then enable CC, hit settings and select subtitles, then auto translate to your language of choice! Video is from Jan 2022.

Screenshot_20220405-184431_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Lithium of Manono in the Province of Tanganyika in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Reactions: 4 users
Interesting video if you can get the closed captions going. If on mobile try using desktop site, then enable CC, hit settings and select subtitles, then auto translate to your language of choice! Video is from Jan 2022.

View attachment 3795

Lithium of Manono in the Province of Tanganyika in the Democratic Republic of Congo

Just watched the video with English subtitles.
I'm sure the video is well intentioned but its 10 minutes of my life I won't get back.If this is what Nigel is dealing with, no bloody wonder our ML is taking so long 😳

Samus

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Just watched the video with English subtitles.
I'm sure the video is well intentioned but its 10 minutes of my life I won't get back.If this is what Nigel is dealing with, no bloody wonder our ML is taking so long 😳
Haha yeh mate I know what you mean for sure, I thought it was intriguing and definitely an eye opener and hints at the possible struggles mgmt are dealing with.

It's hard to tell where we are at and with Nigel presenting in Perth tomorrow I doubt there will be anything new discussed.

So many unknowns at present, trying to research and share what I come across.

Freehold

Regular

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Enjoy the break @JAG

Look after yourself and come back when you're ready

Cheers

• Love

Frank

Top 20
Normally i don't watch the News on SBS, but tonight i caught the Finance Report, anyone else catch the story on EV's in Oz at all :unsure:

SBS On Demand.png

If you would like to see it, here is the link below, start watching from @ 37Mins - worth a look imo (y)

www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/watch/2013021251617

*Then there's Scomo and Co still living in the Dark Ages preferring we stick with Fossil Fuel while the Planet Burns :eek:🥵:rolleyes:

Turnbull: Morrison’s EV lies “really hurt” the industry, and Tesla should have called him out

Former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull says current PM Scott Morrison’s lies about electric vehicles in the last election campaign “really hurt” the industry, but said the EV companies, including Tesla, should have stood up and “called bullshit” on the comments.

The 2019 election campaign, called just a few months after Morrison replaced Turnbull as leader of the Liberal Party and as prime minister, featured an extraordinary campaign where Liberal ministers, led by Morrison, sought to demonise EVs, claiming they would “ruin the weekend” and could not tow a boat.

“It was insane,” Turnbull said in an interview in the latest episode of The Driven podcast.

“Morrison and the others were saying things about electric vehicles which they must have known to be complete rubbish.

“I mean, they’re not morons. They knew it was rubbish. But they said it, and News Corp and other media dutifully amplified it. And it was just, it was just madness.

“I think that election did a huge amount of damage to the credibility of electric vehicles in Australia. It really hurt the industry and obviously from an environmental point of view.

“Really, the EV industry and the EV companies, particularly Tesla, should have been coming out very loud and proud and just saying, ‘bullshit, we’re not telling you how to vote, ladies and gentlemen, but what the Prime Minister just said, is bullshit’.

“Just call it out … and put the facts on the table. I mean, obviously, you can’t just say bullshit and walk away, you’ve actually got to say why it’s bullshit.”

Listen to Giles Parkinson’s interview with Malcolm Turnbull here

The EV industry in Australia is now suffering. There was little interest in EVs until a year or two ago, and little interest from car makers to bring EVs to Australia, thanks to the attitude of the federal government and the lack of any supportive policies.

Now, despite a surge in demand for EVs from Australian consumers, wait times are extending into 2023 and many models are not available because car companies are sending their stock to countries with more welcoming policies, or where they must meet ever tightening emissions standards.

Australia has no such standard.

Turnbull laments the fact that lies have become common currency in political debates, in Australia and around the world. He said he was a victim in the 2016 “Mediscare” campaign launched by Labor in the 2016 federal election, and former US president Donald Trump took it to another level.

It’s happened, because, unfortunately, it works.

“Scott is the marketing guy, right? I mean, he’s all tactics, doesn’t really have any policy objectives. He just wants to stay prime minister, just wants to keep winning elections. So it’s all about tactics. And he will do whatever works.”

Turnbull himself has been an admirer of EVs, ever since he visited the Tesla factory in Fremont, California, and enthused about the car at the time.

Until now, he has only pwned hybrids. However, his wife Lucy, the former Lord Mayor of Sydney and a company director, who has been driving a plug in hybrid, has put in an order for a Tesla Model 3, which is due in several months.

Turnbull himself, however, says he is happy to stick with hybrids until a high clearance EV arrives that is suitable for country dirt roads, and is good for driving to, and on, his farm in the upper Hunter Valley.

“To be honest, I don’t drive a lot. I drive very rarely in Sydney, and I almost invariably get public transport. Basically the only time I drive, apart from occasional trips in the city, is to go up to the Hunter.”

EV rebate topped up after first round exhausted well ahead of schedule

Polestar 2 “sold out” in Australia and Europe, Australian configurator closed

Official sales data shows Tesla easily outsells Toyota Camry so far in 2022

Reliable and cheap to run: 150,000km in a Tesla Model 3

Four great and affordable electric vehicles that still are not available in Australia

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono :unsure:

Fingers crossed 🤞

Frank :cool:

Reactions: 12 users

Frank

Top 20

CES President Jean-Pierre Kiwakana calls on government to implement the project to create electric battery manufacturing plants at local level

The Economic and Social Council (CES) proceeded on Friday, April 1st at the People’s Palace to the solemn opening of its April session.

On this occasion, the president of this institution of the Republic Jean-Pierre Kiwakana reviewed all the major challenges facing the country before proposing ways of solution.

Speaking of the DRC, which is increasingly positioning itself as a “solution country” in the ecological and energy transition and which rightly gives itself the ambition of being the world leader in the production of electric batteries and, therefore, a major player in the green revolution, Jean-Pierre Kiwakana pleaded for the implementation of the Government’s project for electric battery manufacturing plants. He believes that this project requires the attention of the entire national community given that with an integrated value chain, the DRC will be able at each stage of the process, to capitalize added value and create many jobs.

For the CES, the materialization of this program requires additional efforts on the part of the Government, particularly with regard to the business climate and the improvement of governance.

It will also be necessary, he thinks, to ensure from the outset, the participation of nationals in the capital of the companies which must be constituted by majority African capital.

The other major subject on which the president of the CES lingered was that of grassroots development of the 145 Territories.

This Local Development Project of 145 territories aims mainly to “reduce spatial inequalities, revitalize local economies, and transform the living conditions and environment of Congolese populations living in areas hitherto poorly served by social infrastructure and services. based.

By supporting the Government for this vision, the CES suggests the involvement and ownership of the communities concerned, both in the implementation and in the control mechanisms. For the CES, the external audit of this project should be entrusted to a firm of international reputation for transparent and efficient management.

With regard to the training of young people, the president of the CES considered that the education of young Congolese remains essential to prepare them for both current challenges and those of the future.

“We return to our plea to put in place, without further delay, a quality education system adapted to the objectives set in relation to the future of the nation, embodied by the Congolese youth. This youth needs to master its history and geography, among other important subjects. This youth must be prepared to face the various planetary challenges that await them tomorrow. She needs to know her country, to secure her space, her traditions and customs, to master her languages which should be taught in schools,” he argued.

Since the end of the October 2021 session until today, the intersession period has been very active for the Economic and Social Council.

Several CES missions have been carried out in the field, particularly in North and South Kivu, Doko-Watsa and Muanda, in order to learn about the realities on the ground in connection with the themes being dealt with in the various permanent commissions. than ad hoc.

April 5, 2022 Janet

Up this week, the tonne of cobalt goes from 81,619.00 USD to 82,067.00

The general trend in the prices of mining products exported from the DRC on the international market is upward during the week from April 4 to 9, 2022.​

This is what the experts of the National Commission of Mercurial Prices of the Ministry of Foreign Trade have informed, who assess the evolution of the prices of mining and agricultural products exported from the DRC.

In a very good dynamic for several months already, cobalt should record a price increase on the international market this week.

This product is expected to sell for $82,067.00 per ton this week compared to $81,619.00 last week.

According to this document signed by the Minister of Foreign Trade, Jean-Lucien Bussa, cobalt should record a positive price difference of around 448 USD during the period under review.

This document informs that during this period, products such as copper, zinc, tin and tantalum should also experience a price increase and trade respectively at 10,332.95 USD per ton this week for copper against 10,247, 50 USD last week, a positive price difference of around 85.35 USD.

Zinc is expected to be sold at $4,101.95 per ton this week versus $3,902.20 for the same volume last week, a price increase of $199.75.

As for tin which also registers a price increase of 31.4 USD during this week, it will be sold at 52,631.40 USD per ton against 42,600.00 USD per ton last week.

This uptrend is capped by Tantalum which is expected to trade at USD 376.40 per kilogram this week versus USD 370.80 per kilogram last week.

April 5, 2022 Janet

Copperbelt Katanga.png

Scramble for nickel continues, experts predict EV sales to rise 64pc in 2022

MinRes to expand lithium production as spodumene edges towards US$6000/t

BNEF forecasts $14bn needed to finance lithium refining capacity by 2025

Stockhead.png

Reactions: 8 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
NF Presentation is released to the ASX

Not price sensitive and nothing we don't already know.....at this stage

Sorry I havn't posted it here just flying out the door in a hurry

Cheers

Reactions: 7 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Here's the preso attached

Attachments

• 20220406_02507333.pdf
    4.9 MB · Views: 72

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Samus

Top 20
Where's Nigel speaking at again? I'd like to go and throw some old tomatoes at him 🍅:LOL:

• Haha

Remark

Top 20
C'mon let's bounce...

dog bounce.gif

• Haha

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
No sign of a big screen in the room, so on that basis do we assume Nigel is there in person?

Reactions: 1 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Spoke too soon, that must have been a breakout room - here's the main room ....

Reactions: 8 users
Top Bottom