AVZ Discussion 2022

Bray

Regular
Which would also mean they couldn’t release anything of substance really for the roadshows… so it’s either we’re getting good announcements this week or they’re going to try console you big dogs

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Hi DiscoDanNZ

Re: OR dare I say it........... They are going to present a TO offer to the more important larger holders?

I think the company cannot sit on that sort of price sensitive news, and release it at a roadshow for selected shareholders only. The company is obligated to release it at the earliest possible opportunity to all shareholders. To do otherwise is a breach of its continuous disclosure obligations.

Cheers
F

Good point, knock that of the list of potentials then. Unless they are finalising the details for a water tight offer which is arriving this week? Maybe just put that idea in the bottom drawer for now.

Which would also mean they couldn’t release anything of substance really for the roadshows… so it’s either we’re getting good announcements this week or they’re going to try console you big dogs

As my reply to Flight996 above, if it's not a take offer then that's just one less possible reason for the roadshow. Were fast running out of reasons for the roadshow then aren't we.

Maybe it's just a big group hug and canape eating contest to spend money on the big boys while the company still has open bank accounts at their disposal.

At the end of the day no one fucken knows shit and hasn't had a clue for 24 weeks now...

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users

Onthefm

Regular
I’m interested in, the political factions.

For example: A mining minister issued a decree. Who is she allied with? Certainly

Hi DiscoDanNZ

Re: OR dare I say it........... They are going to present a TO offer to the more important larger holders?

I think the company cannot sit on that sort of price sensitive news, and release it at a roadshow for selected shareholders only. The company is obligated to release it at the earliest possible opportunity to all shareholders. To do otherwise is a breach of its continuous disclosure obligations.

Cheers
F
Unfortunately they certainly can mate. A few years ago I had a call on santos wich ran out a couple of months before the agm at the agm. they told us at the agm that they had been approached for a takeover at 4.50 some months before but rejected it. Obviously lost a shit load of money high 6 figures. So rang lawyers and they basically said yeah it's shit but fuck all you can do about it. Dirty filthy pricks.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
D

Deleted member 1612

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users

solo

Regular
Give me that TO . Who's out of here for $1.50 ?

There will be no TO without ML. $1.50 with ML? Fuck no!

• Fire
Reactions: 24 users
Good point, knock that of the list of potentials then. Unless they are finalising the details for a water tight offer which is arriving this week? Maybe just put that idea in the bottom drawer for now.

As my reply to Flight996 above, if it's not a take offer then that's just one less possible reason for the roadshow. Were fast running out of reasons for the roadshow then aren't we.

Maybe it's just a big group hug and canape eating contest to spend money on the big boys while the company still has open bank accounts at their disposal.

At the end of the day no one fucken knows shit and hasn't had a clue for 24 weeks now...
Whatever is the trigger for the RS, the trigger will be announced via ASX this week, or 31/10 at latest. Maybe not a TO, maybe a JV, e.g. USA company, Rio ... maybe for CDL, maybe for RD also with a renegotiation for CATH to take < 24% ? A strategic JV could confirm the prospect of "ML soon" (LOL) and see us trading? IMO FIIK LOL. GLTAH.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Flight996

Regular
Thanks Onthefm.

I try not to speculate, but I will.

My guess is that AVZ proposes to spin off Carriere de l'Este into a separate entity. The proposal will be presented in detail first at the roadshows, and then to all shareholders for approval at the AGM. In this way the company gets its major shareholders on board ahead of the AGM, and also evades the continuous disclosure rules.

Pure guesswork because I am otherwise in the dark as much as anyone.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

John25

Regular
This IS our week SH’s
1666522745380.jpeg

1666522792222.gif

1666522867470.gif

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Well fuck me…. you lot have fucken set me back on that fucken path that @Winenut and I had agreed to leave and turn over a new leaf 👊💥🔥🤬😤👿

Have any of you considered that they want to appease larger holders because those fucken Chinese arseholes Huayou, Lithium Plus (never mind other large Chinese holders) might hold nearly 20% of our share register, and quite possibly if they had their way they could delay things further by giving our BOD it’s first strike, and then trying to get a spot on the BOD.

Maybe it’s just me that considers that….

Here’s photos (attached) from the post from @Sammy_da_Smile…. He also provided a link. It just explains what we know but well worth a read

It also mentions that AVZ does not comment on conjecture or rumours, and just for the record, ICC cases are confidential.

Here’s something else that was told to me confidentially at the last Roadshow, I have already alluded to it several times in the past “The Chinese are trying to screw us”

Attachments

• E87591E3-68DF-42B1-9977-04B5FA56D5B5.jpeg
    E87591E3-68DF-42B1-9977-04B5FA56D5B5.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 1E64C13D-441A-43B5-B188-974C20E94433.jpeg
    1E64C13D-441A-43B5-B188-974C20E94433.jpeg
    692.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 7229C233-2C03-4775-A630-ED41E180667D.jpeg
    7229C233-2C03-4775-A630-ED41E180667D.jpeg
    637.5 KB · Views: 70
  • CD85DDA9-ECB9-496F-8B83-BBA78103D604.jpeg
    CD85DDA9-ECB9-496F-8B83-BBA78103D604.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

John25

Regular
Heavy Hitters 31st of October starting in Perth which is Tomorrow week :)

Reactions: 4 users
C

ChrisU

Thanks Onthefm.

My guess is that AVZ proposes to spin off Carriere de l'Este into a separate entity. The proposal will be presented in detail first at the roadshows, and then to all shareholders for approval at the AGM. In this way the company gets its major shareholders on board ahead of the AGM, and also evades the continuous disclosure rules.

Cheers
F
There is no evading continuous disclose rules. The test is extremely tight.

Reactions: 1 users

Nbaz

Regular
Heavy Hitters 31st of October starting in Perth which is Tomorrow week :)
Good man, thanks. I couldn't for the life of me remember where I saw the dates for all the roadshows.

C

ChrisU

Especially when it is the first of 5 roadshows in the following 2 weeks. What will they talk about for the rest of the tour dates if there is no new information and we are still suspended?

They are basically running the old Big Day Out schedule so they better have something good to tell us that is worth the cost and the time taken away from the work they should be doing in the DRC if things aren't sorted.

There has to be a decent announcement that they plan on releasing to the market this week or on the 31st for them to be doing this. It is unfathomable that they would organise these events before the AGM without some substantial news.
There is a lot to talk about. So many project parts evolved.
Recall, that this Australian roadshow was supposed to be done earlier this year but Nigel was lured to Germany?

• Thinking

Dazmac66

Regular
Thanks Onthefm.

Cheers
F
Interesting proposal to spin off CDL. Any idea on how this would work? If it were a JV for example what happens with the funds paid by the buyer? Eg special dividend. How would this effect the SP? Can't get my head around how this would play out. Sounds feasible though even if it isn't the reason for the roads shows.

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Flight996

Regular
There is no evading continuous disclose rules. The test is extremely tight.
Thanks R2D2

Maybe I should have said that because it's a proposal only, it does not fall foul of the continuous disclose rules.

Cheers
F

C

ChrisU

Thanks R2D2

Maybe I should have said that because it's a proposal only, it does not fall foul of the continuous disclose rules.

Cheers
F
My reading of ASX literature indicates even a proposal doesn’t necessarily release a company from CDs.
Even MOUs are marked market sensitive for that reason.
Last paragraph at Bottom of page 25 and Page 26 are worth a read, as examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users

Bin59

Regular

The Chamber of Mines of the Federation of Enterprises of the Congo (FEC) closed, on Thursday, October 20, 2022, in Kinshasa, a mining forum focused on the theme: "Mining activity in the DRC and its challenges: evaluation of the revised 2018 Mining Code".​

At the end of these meetings, several recommendations were made by the four committees set up for this purpose. These are the Mining Law Commission; the Energy, Transport and Logistics Commission; and the Taxation and Customs Commission.

First: Mining Law Commission

At this level, six problems have been identified:

- the problem of access to the exercise of Mining and Career Rights: it was recommended to revise Article 23 bis of the Mining Code by clarifying the conditions reserved for legal persons under Congolese law and those required for foreigners.

- the interference of unauthorized services in the administration of the Mining Code and its implementing measures. Here, it is necessary to clarify the services under each department authorized to intervene under Article 16 of the Mining Code.

- the problem of the invasion of the perimeters of mining and quarry rights: To remedy this, participants suggest that it is necessary to accelerate the creation of several viable EASs and prune point e of Article 30 of the Mining Code and diversify the economic activities of craftsmen.

- failure to meet deadlines in the procedure for granting mining or career rights and issuing mining and career titles. In this regard, they believe that the Mining Cadastre should be instructed so that this service complies with the deadlines provided for in the legal texts and the provisions relating to the granting officio.

- the industrialization of the mining sector: provisions laying down the content of the industrialization plan as well as the procedures for filing, approval and monitoring of this plan must be included in the mining regulations.

- the institution of artisanal exploitation areas: the provisions requiring the Minister to request the opinions provided for in Article 109 of the Mining Code must be respected.

The whole article can be read here:

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Onthefm

Regular
Thanks Onthefm.

Cheers
F
Could be a cunning plan. that cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel. As long as we actually own it.

Reactions: 6 users
Interesting proposal to spin off CDL. Any idea on how this would work? If it were a JV for example what happens with the funds paid by the buyer? Eg special dividend. How would this effect the SP? Can't get my head around how this would play out. Sounds feasible though even if it isn't the reason for the roads shows.
The money raised through a potential sale of CDL would be used to fund building the mine for RD imo

This would mean less money borrowed through bank loans and minimal payback period.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom