AVZ Discussion 2022

John25

Regular
Thanks guys

Yeah I saw Sammy's and Remarks and the Counts and others so it might have just been a niggly one from Thaz

Much appreciated

My shout at the bar!....

View attachment 3483
I’ll just have the 1 thanks @Winenut seeing it’s hump day
1648622755447.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Woogr

Quick question is everyone seeing the gifs posted??

The one above from THAZ didn't work for me

I can see it when I reply but not on the main screen

Not sure if it's just me

Just wondering....I like a good gif :cool:
I saw yours but Not Thaz

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I wonder if we will see the price continue to drift in the absence of the critical announcements

I wouldn't be surprised to see more sell pressure on tomorrow and for the rest of the week as the shorts try and sort themselves out.....and others look to accumulate

The trading today was well managed and kept a lid on the SP

Volume wasn't quite as crazy ...a little over 30M

There appears to be some machinations in the DRC with a number of important/related information releases regarding the battery council, funding for various projects announced by the African Development Bank (not defined) plus other items

When looked at in a cumulative sense these different announcements and information releases appear to strongly support the emerging picture of Manono and AVZ at the centre of a very large and very real economic region with multiple players in Africa, China, Australia and elsewhere

Surely we are not far away from that vision becoming fully tangible with the granting of the ML kicking off a significant series of events and activities that will be life changing for many people and communities in many different ways

Can't wait to see it happen

Reactions: 9 users

Frank

Top 20
Quick question is everyone seeing the gifs posted??

The one above from THAZ didn't work for me

I can see it when I reply but not on the main screen

Not sure if it's just me

Just wondering....I like a good gif :cool:

TSE Thaz.png

Just logged on after a long day at the Office ( Not Really)

FYI, fwiw, @ 2cents imo o_O

I use Firefox on this Old Desktop, So i thought i'd Check my Protection Settings to see if that was the problem

As i have my Browser Privacy set to Strict, which can cause some websites not to display content or work properly

The upside to that is not seeing any Adds (y) :) (y)

Turns out it wasn't the problem

As far as i can tell :unsure:

Might be a Platform / Site problem

Cheers

Frank

Reactions: 6 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
View attachment 3486

Just logged on after a long day at the Office ( Not Really)

FYI, fwiw, @ 2cents imo o_O

I use Firefox on this Old Desktop, So i thought i'd Check my Protection Settings to see if that was the problem

As i have my Browser Privacy set to Strict, which can cause some websites not to display content or work properly

The upside to that is not seeing any Adds (y) :) (y)

Turns out it wasn't the problem

As far as i can tell :unsure:

Might be a Platform / Site problem

Cheers

Frank
Could be on something Frank

I think I'm pretty much okay I reckon here and something to do with that one from Thaz

I've taken the plunge on this site and paid up for a year and the beautiful thing about that is no advertising!!

Still get all the sh#t on the Crapper though :confused:

Hope you had a good day at the office ;)

Cheers

Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
My guess, a slight pull back for a couple of days (in the absence of news) especially Friday 01April if CATH 240M has not hit the bank tmw 31/03. IMO 📣’s are still a couple of weeks away just in time for Easter eggs and $1:50-1:75 SP range 🤷‍♂️
One fiddy in a few weeks would be perfectly fine with me.....well......to kick things off of course! :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20

Mining the ‘limiting factor’ for electric vehicle production

Benchmark Mineral Intelligence boss Simon Moores says that the limiting factor in the production of electric vehicles (EVs) is the mining of the raw materials needed to make them.

He flagged that in 2015 raw materials comprised about 40% of the cost of a lithium ion battery. Today, that figure is a whopping 80%.

As raw material prices increase it trickles down to supply chain to batteries and the cost of EVs for end users.

When raw materials prices go up, lithium ion battery prices go up, and EV prices go up.

In 2015, raw materials were 40% the cost of a lithium ion battery. Today they are 80%.

Raw materials and therefore mining is the limiting factor to EV production — Simon Moores March 27, 2022

And supply is looking tight out to 2030, so it makes sense that EV makers are dealing to lock in offtake and prices.

This month Tesla signed a binding four-year offtake deal for 110,00t of spodumene concentrate from Core Lithium’s Finnish mine in the NT which is due to open in late 2022. Last month the carmaker signed a five-year deal with Liontown from its Kathleen Valley project in WA.

Stockhead.png

VinFast To Invest $4B In New EV And Battery Plant In North Carolina

Production is expected to start in July 2024, with an initial capacity of 150,000 vehicles per year and thousands of new jobs.

Vietnamese automaker VinFast has announced the location of its first electric vehicle manufacturing plant in North America.

The company has chosen North Carolina as the location for the facility, on which construction will begin in 2022 after the company gets the necessary permits.

The factory, located at the Triangle Innovation Point mega site, will house both automotive assembly and battery manufacturing.

Production is expected to start in July 2024, with the plant projected to reach an output of 150,000 vehicles per year in phase 1 at full capacity. VinFast intends to invest $2 billion in the project's first phase, creating thousands of jobs.

According to a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed with the government of North Carolina, VinFast will continue to invest in the factory in future phases, with total investment expected to reach $4 billion.

Once up and running, the manufacturing plant will produce more than 250,000 vehicles per year and employ 7,500 people.

US President Joe Biden issued a short statement saluting VinFast's US investment (see tweet at the end of this page).

Recently, VinFast parent company Vingroup started construction of a battery plant in Ha Tinh, Vietnam, with a capacity of 5 gigawatt hours (GWh) per year. The facility is expected to be fully installed and running at full capacity from late 2022.

Chasing Tesla.jpg

Lotus unveils its first “lifestyle EV” – an all-electric hyper-SUV called Eletre

1648641106934.png

Iconinc racing and sports car maker Lotus has unveiled its latest all-electric offering, shifting lanes into the ever-so slightly more real world of SUVs, with its own take on the Hyper-SUV theme, called the Eletre.

As a luxury Hyper-SUV, the Eletre embodies that particular car segment’s signature blend of Fast, Flashy and Family – think Porsche, Jaguar, Bentley; an industry-wide push to “usability” (not to be mistaken with affordability) that previously niche car makers hope will attract a new generation of customers.

To that end, it is also electric.

Lotus, like innumerable other iconic car brands, has committed to move to full electric vehicle production, starting with the roll-out of around four BEVs by 2025, including the Eletre, which was previously known by its code name, Type 132.

As an EV, the Lotus Eletre is a compact and ultra sleek 4WD with a battery capacity of more than 100kWh and with power from 600hp. Its target maximum WLTP driving range is around 600km.

“The Eletre is a bold and revolutionary new car, delivering on our commitment to move Lotus into completely new automotive segments as we widen our global appeal and accessibility,” said Lotus Cars managing director Matt Windle.

“This is a momentous point in our history and a clear signal of our ongoing desire to transform our business.

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

#Patience ! .jpg

Reactions: 8 users

Thaz

Regular
haha it was probably my bad with the gif. nothing too special with what it was thouhg! :)

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Frank

Top 20
One fiddy in a few weeks would be perfectly fine with me.....well......to kick things off of course! :cool:
*Patience can be Frustrating at the best of times, some of us have more than others, now i have to admit i didn't have a lot in the past, but since i jumped on this "Investing in Spec Stocks" rather than Blue Chips scenario to create the $$$$$ i need to buy a place of my own asap, well i've certainly learnt to be very bloody patient over the Yrs, due to losing more than a couple of good shirts along the way :oops:

Then i stumbled onto AVZ @ April 2018 - What a ride as i caught the falling knife from @ 0.22c to 0.04c then kept on topping up as funds allowed to my last purchase @ 0.18c in Dec 2020. Now having an Avg @ 6.5c where my conviction to Buy & Hold AVZ 22 times has paid off handsomely, some might say, "Paid Dividends" :)

Anyone who has been here long enough has certainly seen their share of Doubters, Trolls and Negative Naysayers, but if you ignored all the "Crap" did your research, stuck with your convictions, had the patience / intestinal fortitude to stick it out, then like me you've not only won back all those losses from the past, but are now way out in front, somewhere i could only imagine / dream of just a few Yrs ago :)

When i / we read articles like the one below, It just reinforces my conviction in my decision to invest heavily in a Company and a Country i truly believe in, sure the ML seems like it's taking forever, and some of us don't have "Forever" as someone used to say, " Your Health is your Wealth" Now i'm not getting any Younger or Healthier atm that's for sure, but i'm confident enough in my research, God knows i research the Shit outta everything, that we're on the right path, track, road with the right Company, at the right time, In the right Country that will have a profound effect on all our lives, not just SH's ( already has for most ) but more importantly the people of the DRC who deserve it more imo.

*To remind,

The DRC Battery Council: Building the sustainable battery supply chain of tomorrow

1648642936432.png

“The DRC is at the heart of the battery value chain, as it is home to about 70% of world's cobalt reserves,” UN Under-Secretary-General and executive secretary of the Economic Commission for Africa Vera Songwe said.

“The country’s mining sector currently accounts for 98% of exports, 18% of GDP and 11% of jobs.

“If the DRC captures 20% of the market share for battery production, it will add around US$54 billion to its income and raise its GDP tremendously.”

The head of state of the DRC and current chair of the African Union Commission (AU), Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, also expressed his enthusiasm for the council to begin pursuing its goals: "The machine is now launched, it is necessary to start right after this forum."

Who’s involved?​

The key participants included representatives of Zambia, Tanzania and Morocco, the UN Economic Commission for Africa, African Union Commission and Afreximbank.

Other organisations included Africa Finance Cooperation, African Development Bank Group, Bosch Africa, The Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa, and AVZ Minerals Ltd.

AVZ Minerals was the only aspiring mining company to be invited to the forum, which managing director Nigel Ferguson sees as a logical choice.

“We're sitting with one of the globally significant lithium and tin resources and the current geopolitical climate is gaining greater focus on green technology,” Ferguson said.

“The Australian Ambassador visited just recently and she said the DRC President, Felix Tshisekedi, was very keen on having more Australian companies come and do business in country because we've got a very good reputation for our technical expertise, our transparency and our professionalism.

“We also recognise the importance of having a local community that's realising benefit from a national asset.”

AVZ Minerals has built its brand on a near ‘zero emissions’ operation, with an independent greenhouse gas assessment confirming the Manono Lithium and Tin Project could have one of the lowest carbon footprints of any hard rock lithium mine in the world.

“The DRC and Africa are strategically positioned to play a pivotal role in the global transition to clean energy and decarbonisation and the Manono project will greatly assist to improve the fortunes of the Congolese people, which AVZ Minerals is very supportive (of),” Ferguson commented.

“Giving locals an opportunity to have a skill or a trade and uplift themselves is something that's very close to us,” Ferguson explained.

“The DRC is well endowed with not only natural mineral resources but also in their people. There’s a long history of mining in the country and many people are very technically capable.

“I'm absolutely comfortable with the fact that there's enough technical capacity here to be able to fulfil those roles.”

David McLachlan-Karr, the Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator of the UN in DRC, commented that the Congo has the capacity to change the distribution of benefits from the green mineral value chains.

“Investors believe in this project and are involved. The work will be very complex, requiring a focused approach,” McLachlan-Karr said.

“Investing in this sector in DRC won’t just yield financial returns, but will be vital for the global reaching of the Paris agreement, and improving lives in DRC.”

www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/ASX:AVZ/AVZ-Minerals-Ltd

The-future-is-Electric.png

#Patience ! .jpg

patience quote.jpg

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

Freehold

Regular
Good overview of current state of Lithium Market

• Fire
Reactions: 14 users

Doc

Master of Quan
*Patience can be Frustrating at the best of times, some of us have more than others, now i have to admit i didn't have a lot in the past, but since i jumped on this "Investing in Spec Stocks" rather than Blue Chips scenario to create the $$$$$ i need to buy a place of my own asap, well i've certainly learnt to be very bloody patient over the Yrs, due to losing more than a couple of good shirts along the way :oops:

Then i stumbled onto AVZ @ April 2018 - What a ride as i caught the falling knife from @ 0.22c to 0.04c then kept on topping up as funds allowed to my last purchase @ 0.18c in Dec 2020. Now having an Avg @ 6.5c where my conviction to Buy & Hold AVZ 22 times has paid off handsomely, some might say, "Paid Dividends" :)

Anyone who has been here long enough has certainly seen their share of Doubters, Trolls and Negative Naysayers, but if you ignored all the "Crap" did your research, stuck with your convictions, had the patience / intestinal fortitude to stick it out, then like me you've not only won back all those losses from the past, but are now way out in front, somewhere i could only imagine / dream of just a few Yrs ago :)

When i / we read articles like the one below, It just reinforces my conviction in my decision to invest heavily in a Company and a Country i truly believe in, sure the ML seems like it's taking forever, and some of us don't have "Forever" as someone used to say, " Your Health is your Wealth" Now i'm not getting any Younger or Healthier atm that's for sure, but i'm confident enough in my research, God knows i research the Shit outta everything, that we're on the right path, track, road with the right Company, at the right time, In the right Country that will have a profound effect on all our lives, not just SH's ( already has for most ) but more importantly the people of the DRC who deserve it more imo.

*To remind,

The DRC Battery Council: Building the sustainable battery supply chain of tomorrow

View attachment 3504

“The DRC is at the heart of the battery value chain, as it is home to about 70% of world's cobalt reserves,” UN Under-Secretary-General and executive secretary of the Economic Commission for Africa Vera Songwe said.

“The country’s mining sector currently accounts for 98% of exports, 18% of GDP and 11% of jobs.

“If the DRC captures 20% of the market share for battery production, it will add around US$54 billion to its income and raise its GDP tremendously.”

The head of state of the DRC and current chair of the African Union Commission (AU), Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi Tshilombo, also expressed his enthusiasm for the council to begin pursuing its goals: "The machine is now launched, it is necessary to start right after this forum."

Who’s involved?​

The key participants included representatives of Zambia, Tanzania and Morocco, the UN Economic Commission for Africa, African Union Commission and Afreximbank.

Other organisations included Africa Finance Cooperation, African Development Bank Group, Bosch Africa, The Arab Bank for Economic Development in Africa, and AVZ Minerals Ltd.

AVZ Minerals was the only aspiring mining company to be invited to the forum, which managing director Nigel Ferguson sees as a logical choice.

“We're sitting with one of the globally significant lithium and tin resources and the current geopolitical climate is gaining greater focus on green technology,” Ferguson said.

“The Australian Ambassador visited just recently and she said the DRC President, Felix Tshisekedi, was very keen on having more Australian companies come and do business in country because we've got a very good reputation for our technical expertise, our transparency and our professionalism.

“We also recognise the importance of having a local community that's realising benefit from a national asset.”

AVZ Minerals has built its brand on a near ‘zero emissions’ operation, with an independent greenhouse gas assessment confirming the Manono Lithium and Tin Project could have one of the lowest carbon footprints of any hard rock lithium mine in the world.

“The DRC and Africa are strategically positioned to play a pivotal role in the global transition to clean energy and decarbonisation and the Manono project will greatly assist to improve the fortunes of the Congolese people, which AVZ Minerals is very supportive (of),” Ferguson commented.

“Giving locals an opportunity to have a skill or a trade and uplift themselves is something that's very close to us,” Ferguson explained.

“The DRC is well endowed with not only natural mineral resources but also in their people. There’s a long history of mining in the country and many people are very technically capable.

“I'm absolutely comfortable with the fact that there's enough technical capacity here to be able to fulfil those roles.”

David McLachlan-Karr, the Resident and Humanitarian Coordinator of the UN in DRC, commented that the Congo has the capacity to change the distribution of benefits from the green mineral value chains.

“Investors believe in this project and are involved. The work will be very complex, requiring a focused approach,” McLachlan-Karr said.

“Investing in this sector in DRC won’t just yield financial returns, but will be vital for the global reaching of the Paris agreement, and improving lives in DRC.”

www.proactiveinvestors.com.au/ASX:AVZ/AVZ-Minerals-Ltd

View attachment 3506

View attachment 3505

View attachment 3507
Well done Frank. Hasn’t been easy, I’ve never seen such a hated and trolled stock as AVZ. Just makes this success so much sweeter. I was an early investor in PLS @2c. Sold around 85c and put money into here. Regretted that decision for years watching AVZ SP tank from 37c but held on and now getting the reward for patience. AVZ is simply the best hard rock resource in the world, was always just a matter of time.
Enjoy your spoils

• Love

Peterg

Has anyone been in contact with AVZ management, to get some feedback on what the hell is going on. Delay after delay. I don't know if I can watch the SP tank again. Seems to be a lot of things happening in the DRC, including the new proposed battery factory 600 kms from AVZ. And the list goes on.
The deal with CATH should have been done and dusted, March they said.

JAG

Top 20
Has anyone been in contact with AVZ management, to get some feedback on what the hell is going on. Delay after delay. I don't know if I can watch the SP tank again. Seems to be a lot of things happening in the DRC, including the new proposed battery factory 600 kms from AVZ. And the list goes on.
There are currently a few more cogs to adjust in the wheels mate..... Battery Plant being one of them.

Patience
You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Bray

Regular
600km away from the mine is nothing; use Australia for reference..
All our coal and iron ore is exported for smelting, our timber is exported for milling, our grains for processing..

Reactions: 3 users

JAG

Top 20
Inside EVs

CATL Announces Third-Generation CTP Batteries​

Mark Kane 3 hrs ago
http://a.msn.com/01/en-au/AAVGh8w?ocid=sf
https://twitter.com/share?url=http:...rer=http://a.msn.com/01/en-au/AAVGh8w?ocid=st
https://web.whatsapp.com/send?text=http://a.msn.com/01/en-au/AAVGh8w?ocid=sw

1648678200318.png

The new CTP (cell-to-pack) battery system for both LFP and NCM cells will be even more energy-dense.​

CATL, the world's biggest lithium-ion EV battery manufacturer, announced the third generation of its cell-to-pack CTP battery system, internally called Kirin or Qilin.
CATL CTP 3.0 battery
© InsideEVs CATL CTP 3.0 battery
The CTP is a system that utilizes prismatic battery cells that are combined into packs without modules to reduce complexity, weight, space and cost.
The latest CTP 3.0 will be available in two versions, for LFP and NCM battery cell chemistries, offering quite competitive energy density:
  • LFP:
    ≥ 160 Wh/kg
    ≥ 290 Wh/l
  • NCM:
    ≥ 250 Wh/kg
    ≥ 450 Wh/l
external_image © Provided by Inside EVs external_image
CATL says even that the Kirin battery can achieve 13% higher "power" on the pack level than the "4680 system," assuming the same cell chemistry and pack size. There is no word about Tesla, but it obviously points at Tesla's 4680-type cylindrical battery cells. Without viewing full specs of both types, we are not in a position to evaluate the differences.
According to the Chinese company, CTP 3.0 is ready for mass production, and its official market launch is expected in April.
One of the images presents also a modular CTP system, which, depending on the vehicle type, can use 1, 2 or 3 CTP packs:
external_image © Provided by Inside EVs external_image
Wu Kai, CATL's chief scientist, hinted also that in 2023 we will see mass production systems that allow 1,000 km (621 miles) of range on a single charge.

The CTP 3.0 vs others​

For reference, the BYD Blade Battery (LFP and CTP) was estimated at 140-150 Wh/kg in the case of the BYD Yuan model.
PushEVs.com points out that if Tesla would use the CATL's new batteries in the Made-in-China (MIC) Model 3/Model Y entry-level versions (instead of its current CATL's LFP cells and own battery pack) it could noticeably increase the range - by as much as 28%, assuming improvement from 125 to 160 Wh/kg.
We don't know how accurate the estimations of potential gains are, but for sure there is a chance for some improvements, which would translate into a higher range.

• Fire
  • Love
There are currently a few more cogs to adjust in the wheels mate..... Battery Plant being one of them.

Patience
You Must Star Wars GIF by Regal
I just want ML to drop, then yoda be like, let's party!

Star Wars Reaction GIF

• Haha
  • Love

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Not a bad start to the day's trading :)

• Thinking

Thaz

Regular

A suggestion, If you are discontent with management and the delays, perhaps you can give them a call to get feedback ?

Most of us understand that there are going to be delays , unfortunately, with a mine size this big and the plans the DRC has.

It's best for you to give them a call so there isn't any Chinese whispers / unsubstantiated information you're relying on.

Reactions: 13 users

Fletch77

Regular
We are in the $1.20’s pre ML, which 95% of holders on this forum would be ecstatic about, and yet you sound a bit hysterical and worried about the share price tanking “again” ..

As some other posters above have mentioned, you should be thankful for the SP and understand that the delays with the ML are for battery plants etc and to our advantage long term.

Reactions: 13 users

Fletch77

Regular
Besides the non existence of trolls over on this forum, it’s the running around with their hair on fire 🔥 because the ML hasnt happened yet holders that I haven’t missed..

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom