AVZ Discussion 2022

D

Deleted member 1612

Morale appears to have taken a downward turn. I thought it was just my mood, with my ever ‘imminent’ retirement becoming less imminent by the day, Monday’s sure hurt worse. Coming on here makes me realise it’s not just me starting to lose my shit!!

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
I'd really like some good news. All my footy teams lost on Saturday (Swans, Wallabies, Rabbitohs) and I broke a rib yesterday after a low speed innocous bumble on the pushy (not a scratch on the bike or me) and spent 4 hours in ED so they could make sure there was no internal damage. The endone is good though, and while at the hospital I was able to tick "morphine" off my bucket list - a long time coming after 61 years :ROFLMAO:

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

cruiser51

Top 20
If you zoom in closely enough, the security pattern over some entries in the document are out of alignment, and some of the letters are of different quality i.e. not what you'd expect from printed fonts that's then scanned. I think that some of the details on that document have been edited/faked.
Do you think if the Advisor to the Ministry of Relations with the DRC Parliament posts crap like this, true or fake, and doesn't withdraw that post, is a pretty good indication there are major problems in the FT Government?

As mentioned before, I will be pleasantly surprised if FT will put his foot down and make corrective moves to run his country properly.

I am starting to have extreme doubts that the ML will be released before FT goes.
If the DRC would release the ML today, AVZ will not produce spodumene before end of 2023, well after the DRC election.
So there is no real benefit for FT to issue now.

Why is Simon Cong not a person non grata, but is still wheeling and dealing in the DRC?
Does he have a dirt file on every person who accepted bribes from him, which seems to be about 100% of the DRC elite?

The release of a guy convicted for 20 years for stealing about US$ 50 million from the DRC Government and releasing him prematurely because of 'Health Reasons' (Btw he could be of great help for FT to remain in office), doesn't look very promising for the FT Government.

Do you think that is fake news too?

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I'd really like some good news. All my footy teams lost on Saturday (Swans, Wallabies, Rabbitohs) and I broke a rib yesterday after a low speed innocous bumble on the pushy (not a scratch on the bike or me) and spent 4 hours in ED so they could make sure there was no internal damage. The endone is good though, and while at the hospital I was able to tick "morphine" off my bucket list - a long time coming after 61 years :ROFLMAO:
Hope you're okay there Retro

I broke two ribs tripping over my own feet playing in a Dads v Sons red rover soccer fun day before leaving for a family overseas holiday

Man lifting those bags into the overhead luggage compartments was an interesting experience....

Lived on codeine for weeks.....man I wish I'd got some of the good stuff like you!

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Roon

Regular
Do you think if the Advisor to the Ministry of Relations with the DRC Parliament posts crap like this, true or fake, and doesn't withdraw that post, is a pretty good indication there are major problems in the FT Government?

As mentioned before, I will be pleasantly surprised if FT will put his foot down and make corrective moves to run his country properly.

I am starting to have extreme doubts that the ML will be released before FT goes.
If the DRC would release the ML today, AVZ will not produce spodumene before end of 2023, well after the DRC election.

Why is Simon Cong not a person non grata, but is still wheeling and dealing in the DRC?
Does he have a dirt file on every person who accepted bribes from him, which seems to be about 100% of the DRC elite?

The release of a guy convicted for 20 years for stealing about US$ 50 million from the DRC Government and releasing him prematurely because of 'Health Reasons' (Btw he could be of great help for FT to remain in office), doesn't look very promising for the FT Government.

You seem to have changed your tune a bit lately, cruiser, no? I recall you previously pushing the line of FT cleaning house and so don't worry things will be sorted in time.

Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
You seem to have changed your tune a bit lately, cruiser, no? I recall you previously pushing the line of FT cleaning house and so don't worry things will be sorted in time.
That's what 5 months in suspension will do to ya'

• Sad
Reactions: 16 users

wombat74

Top 20

You can't be serious . You are starting to lose the plot mate . How is it not in FT best interest to get this mine up and running ? The election is not for another 14 months and he maybe replaced by f-- knows who . I wouldn't be looking that far a head . We are going to know well before then if it's all systems go or we are screwed . AVZ will have to trade with or without the ML .

Last edited:
  • Fire

cruiser51

Top 20
How long do you think it should take to release the ML, or should I rephrase that into how many paper bags do you think it takes?

I have not seen a lot of cleaning up by FT, have you?
To be honest he barely has had time, was overseas, or interstate globe trotting, making Facebook pixies for his collection.

Maybe it is safer being overseas than at home in a bulletproof jacket.
If your face doesn't fit in Kinshasa and you wish to extent your life, it is probably better to stay very far away.

Do you think the head of the Cadastre is so photogenic that he has to be lately on every photo with the MoM, or is that to show that the MoM is really a puppet on a string, directed by Jean Felix?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Let's see if and how long they are going to extend, or maybe even renegotiate the Cath deal (and tell Cath 'With love from Simon').

Maybe something can be deducted out of that move.

Reactions: 3 users

wombat74

Top 20
Where are you @The Fox ? Cruiser51 needs one of your "I heard it's all systems go " posts .

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Thaz

Regular
How long do you think it should take to release the ML, or should I rephrase that into how many paper bags do you think it takes?

I have not seen a lot of cleaning up by FT, have you?
To be honest he barely has had time, was overseas, or interstate globe trotting, making Facebook pixies for his collection.

Maybe it is safer being overseas than at home in a bulletproof jacket.
If your face doesn't fit in Kinshasa and you wish to extent your life, it is probably better to stay very far away.

Do you think the head of the Cadastre is so photogenic that he has to be lately on every photo with the MoM, or is that to show that the MoM is really a puppet on a string, directed by Jean Felix?
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Corruption isn't an easy thing to just magically get rid of.

The deeper and higher the corruption, the longer it'll take due to how ingrained in the system they would be.

• Fire
Reactions: 6 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Rome wasn't built in a day.

Corruption isn't an easy thing to just magically get rid of.

The deeper and higher the corruption, the longer it'll take due to how ingrained in the system they would be.
FT came to power Jan 2019, it is now end of September 2022.

DRC is moving into election mode, do you think FT is going to clean up the DRC while in election mode?
He is supposed to shake hands, hug women and kiss baby heads from now, forget the ML for a while, it is pretty low on FT's priority list.
I would say from now survival is pretty important for Felix, or are you of the opinion the Dathcom ML is numero uno for Felix?

Reactions: 7 users

Roller62

Regular

DRC is moving into election mode, do you think FT is going to clean up the DRC while in election mode?
He is supposed to shake hands, hug women and kiss baby heads from now, forget the ML for a while, it is pretty low on FT's priority list.
I would say from now survival is pretty important for Felix, or are you of the opinion the Dathcom ML is numero uno for Felix?
The election is more than a year away. He is in cleanup mode. Reshuffle soon.

Reactions: 10 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
G'day Cruiser,

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the renegotiation of the Cath deal - just saying!

Cheers
Nells.
Will have to because CATH aint stumping $240m for 24% of the project when close to a 1/4 or even a 1/3 of the project is not going to be included in the ML for tenement 13359 as CAMI have carved it out

Fuckers....

Just sayin'

M.Bison

Regular
Pretty sad reflection that it’s essentially come down to us hoping the president steps in to save our investment.
I’m in awe of those that remain confident. Especially those saying “I’d rather be in a halt than trading in this market”. Like cmon, accept this has turned into a shocker.
Hopefully the silence suggests we are getting close. Often gets very quiet on the news and rumour front when things get serious.

wombat74

Top 20
Will have to because CATH aint stumping $240m for 24% of the project when close to a 1/4 or even a 1/3 of the project is not going to be included in the ML for tenement 13359 as CAMI have carved it out

Fuckers....

Just sayin'
Still cheap without it . Remember Roche Dure alone has 1 Billion tonnes potentially . 250million tonnes of High grade Li for $240mil is a bargain .

Thaz

Regular
Pretty sad reflection that it’s essentially come down to us hoping the president steps in to save our investment.
I’m in awe of those that remain confident. Especially those saying “I’d rather be in a halt than trading in this market”. Like cmon, accept this has turned into a shocker.
Hopefully the silence suggests we are getting close. Often gets very quiet on the news and rumour front when things get serious.
I'm cautiously optimistic of a good outcome for us - prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Not much we can do while we're in a suspension though, regardless of your view.

Remark

Top 20
Yep, it's been a shitshow so far. Even the most faithful seem to be falling away with good reason.

There seems to be no fear of reprisals for the corrupt officials in DRC. Maybe capital punishment for those caught accepting bribes? A little draconian I know 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

Thaz

Regular

I haven't been around as long as some of the more seasoned investors here, but I would think that uprooting corruption in a country does not finish in 3 yrs time.

FT is in politics - so obviously he has to still play the politics games. But as long as he's still got the same agenda (and based on last few months of news - visits from the US, actions taken so far with respect to the corruption), I personally have no reason to be concerned.

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Helios

Regular
G'day Cruiser,

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the renegotiation of the Cath deal - just saying!

Cheers
Nells.
Hi Nellie, do you think the renegotiations would be for a larger dollar amount for the 24% or less?

Less, would have an impact on documentation provided by avz/dathcom in proving financial capabilities to fund the mine into development.

Reactions: 1 users
Top Bottom