AVZ Discussion 2022

Bray

Regular
Could today be the last day of fuckery for the big dogs? who knows.
All i know is AVZ is testing everyones patience.

On a side note.. IXR doing well today making up for AVZs lack of progress

Have a good friday everyone! ;)

Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Interesting it was pushed down in the first hour to 82.5 and has now rebounded back to 87.5 in what seems like 10 mins

Does my head in

Nice and sunny here, not much wind.....think I'll go fishing and come back to watch the closing auction!

Reactions: 5 users

JAG

Top 20
1647564267474.jpeg

• Fire
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha

Frank

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Could the funds be trying to quietly sneak a few in before the closing auction???

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Actually bit of a question.

Do the index funds have to "wait" for the closing auction to purchase their required shares?

Or can they purchase the required shares anytime "prior" to the closing auction

My understanding is they have to closely track the index performance so does that compel them to only buy in the auction to mitigate risk of not tracking close enough???

Maybe I should DMOR instead of being lazy.... :rolleyes:

I think old Donegaldemon knows a bit but not sure he's got eyes on this forum

JAG

Top 20

Do the index funds have to "wait" for the closing auction to purchase their required shares?

My understanding is they have to closely track the index performance so does that compel them to only buy in the auction to mitigate risk of not tracking close enough???

I thought you were goin fishin ;)
Homer Simpson Fox GIF by AniDom

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Man I think the 90c line just got SMASHED!

• Fire

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I thought you were goin fishin ;)
Homer Simpson Fox GIF by AniDom
I was....but the bloody wind came up!

I'm a fair weather on the fishing side

Hate the wind :p

• Haha
  • Wow

Mickyb64

Regular

Hi Nut,

This was Donegaldemon's anwser to a similiar question on HC..

The Index does not do anything, it is simply a representation of performance / return of certain assets. The funds or money under management or ETF's that track these indices are mandated to track this index without any slippage. When a stock is included in a index on a certain date like today's case for AVZ, any funds,ETF's who track the ASX200 &300 have to buy on the closing print today because as of monday AVZ is now part of this index. If they miss buying today on the closing print price and to give an example AVZ goes up 100% on Monday and AVZ's weight in the asx 200 index was 5%, the funds /ETF's would have underperformed asx 200 by 5%. This is not acceptable for passive tracking funds or ETF's.

Hope this helps explain ,,

Back up to the early 90’s.

DF47D0A4-E8BE-4E84-B067-4020676FAFC6.jpeg

JAG

Top 20
1647569338801.png

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Hi Nut,

This was Donegaldemon's anwser to a similiar question on HC..

The Index does not do anything, it is simply a representation of performance / return of certain assets. The funds or money under management or ETF's that track these indices are mandated to track this index without any slippage. When a stock is included in a index on a certain date like today's case for AVZ, any funds,ETF's who track the ASX200 &300 have to buy on the closing print today because as of monday AVZ is now part of this index. If they miss buying today on the closing print price and to give an example AVZ goes up 100% on Monday and AVZ's weight in the asx 200 index was 5%, the funds /ETF's would have underperformed asx 200 by 5%. This is not acceptable for passive tracking funds or ETF's.

Hope this helps explain ,,
Thanks Micky

Appreciate that

Yes ol Donegal indicates they "have" to buy on the closing print (I assume auction)

I'll do a bit more digging as well to double check exactly what they (the index funds) can and can't do and when in relation to the rebalance

All good learning!

Cheers

Samus

Top 20
Is today the day......the rebalance....Felix and Nige together.........:cool::cool: could we see that elusive ML next week :unsure:

View attachment 2751 :cool::cool:
Fucking hope so Jag!
Bring on the ML ffs!!!
:LOL:

Reactions: 6 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Pokok

Regular
Thanks Micky

Appreciate that

Yes ol Donegal indicates they "have" to buy on the closing print (I assume auction)

I'll do a bit more digging as well to double check exactly what they (the index funds) can and can't do and when in relation to the rebalance

All good learning!

Cheers
Hi nut please put all in writing as I want to also go fishing it will give me extra time on the water if you do the research

• Haha

JAG

Top 20
Well, time to bring out the popcorn and watch the fun.....
Cartoon Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Haha

Samus

Top 20
Hopefully someone has the foresight to buy up big and make those instos pay for their position.

Top Bottom