AVZ Discussion 2022

JAG

Top 20
Have a great weekend everyone...oh and TC, if you would like one of the rare hats I would be happy to send you one mate.(y) It is the LAST ONE

Just email me your postal details and Ill send it once I'm back in Perth
1646982838172.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users

Dazmac66

Regular
So FOMO today indeed! But why today and not yesterday? You could justify playing the X-Files theme music every time one checks the share price on AVZ!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Have a great weekend everyone...oh and TC, if you would like one of the rare hats I would be happy to send you one mate.(y) It is the LAST ONE

Just email me your postal details and Ill send it once I'm back in Perth
View attachment 2445
Count......take up that offer mate get the cap! Get the CAP!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users

ptlas

Regular
Any predictions for next week’s range 75c low to 95c high, these traders and and index players have many millions of Shares to fuck over retail holders if they desire. Hold on juniors/ brother they are going to shake the big tree big time next week 🤑
Yep, I reckon its the usual games.

Both weekly & daily are bullish, too lazy to post a chart but will over weekend.
Closed above resistance which is now support.
Only one more major resistance around ATH close so I would expect a test there.
The rest depends on ML or lack thereof.
This is being played with again, but one day soon fundamentals will take over.

Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Yep, I reckon its the usual games.

Both weekly & daily are bullish, too lazy to post a chart but will over weekend.
Closed above resistance which is now support.
Only one more major resistance around ATH close so I would expect a test there.
The rest depends on ML or lack thereof.
This is being played with again, but one day soon fundamentals will take over.
One week before closing auction on the 18th and being ready for opening on the 21st

Will be interesting to see how this plays out

ML is the FA wildcard ......what the traders and big boys do over the next week and beyond will be fascinating to watch

For me.........c'mon DRC drop the ML and let's get the fk going

C'MON!

:cool:

Reactions: 5 users

Aeolian

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20
One week before closing auction on the 18th and being ready for opening on the 21st

Will be interesting to see how this plays out

ML is the FA wildcard ......what the traders and big boys do over the next week and beyond will be fascinating to watch

For me.........c'mon DRC drop the ML and let's get the fk going

C'MON!

Fyi, I see where there's some "Movement at the EV Battery Charging Station" as,

DRC-Zambia: towards the realization of the joint project to manufacture electric batteries from local raw materials

1647003653006.png

As part of the cooperation agreement on the establishment of a value chain on the manufacture of batteries and clean energies in the very next few days, between the Congolese President Félix Antoine TSHISEKEDI TSHILOMBO and his Zambian counterpart Hakande HICHILEMA, the Minister of Finance, Nicolas KAZADI, took an active part in a meeting in LUSAKA in Zambia at the Presidential Palace, on Wednesday March 09, 2022.

For this mission, the Minister of Finance was accompanied by the Special Advisor to the Head of State in charge of Investments as well as some experts from the Ministry of Industry.

"This was a major meeting to harmonize views between the Republic of Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo, following the DRC-AFRICA Business forum, organized in November 2021 in Kinshasa by the Ministry of Industry. in the presence of several Heads of State and governments, including that of Zambia. As we can guess, this historic moment was an unprecedented opportunity that paved the way for this saving and transforming initiative for the African continent".

Considering that the DRC and Zambia, bordering states, have more than 70% of the world’s cobalt reserves, it is inevitably good that the two states harmonize their development policies and strategies in certain growth sectors, in this case , mining and industry for WIN-WIN cooperation.

"Therefore, Zambia and the DRC agree to set up a common governance framework, called the DRC and Zambia Battery Council (DRC-ZAMBIA Battery Council), whose Executive Committee will be composed of two Heads of State. , the Deputy Secretary General of the African Economic Community for the United Nations, as well as the President of Afrexim Bank, as a financial partner. This governance body will have a Technical Committee in charge of monitoring and evaluating the initiative".

Equally, it will also be a question of creating a harmonized legislative and regulatory framework as well as a system of incentives common to the two States, for a business environment conducive to the development of the value chain and the flourishing economic microcosm.

Writing on the Wall #.jpg

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Mining.png

Remind Me again what Raw Material is required to Manufacture Batteries and the DRC has Shit loads of it, but still hasn't awarded a ML to Mine the Shit in Manono as yet for some strange reason o_O :rolleyes: :unsure:

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono Bro 👍

Fingers Crossed 🤞

Frank

• Fire
Reactions: 17 users

Frank

Top 20

Searches for electric vehicles double as 40-year-high inflation and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine push gasoline prices above $4

Searches for new and used electric vehicles (EVs) jumped 112% from Feb. 24 to March 8 on Cars.com, a news and pricing site comparing makes and models of EVs with traditional, internal-combustion engine (ICE) vehicles.

Individually, searches for new EVS are up 83%, while there’s been a 130% rally in searches for used EVs — which, given the relative youth of the market and competition for these cars, can be a tough find.

While the Ukraine invasion can’t be entirely isolated as the cause of the increase in EV searches, it is shaping up as a significant catalyst pushing shoppers over the edge to change their behavior, car-buying experts say.

The Biden administration’s increases in infrastructure spending — including for EV charging stations, and pending expanded incentives for EV buyers, but hung up for now in a stalled Build Back Better spending bill — could unleash future demand. So will a growing lineup of electric pickup trucks and SUVs coming to market.

www.marketwatch.com

Biden’s EPA restores waiver for California and other states to set tougher vehicle tailpipe standards​

President Biden’s EPA has reinstated as expected the waiver that allows California and other states to adopt stronger vehicle tailpipe emissions rules than the federal standard.

The action marks a return to localized authority in mostly climate-minded blue states which was rolled back under the Trump administration.

Seventeen states and the District of Columbia had adopted their own clean car standards, representing more than 40% of the U.S. population, and six states had adopted a new advanced electric-truck standard, mostly for commercial fleets, that requires a waiver.

That would cover 20% of the truck market.

“Today we proudly reaffirm California’s longstanding authority to lead in addressing pollution from cars and trucks,” EPA Administrator Michael Regan said in a release Wednesday.

www.marketwatch.com

Biden tells states to roll ahead with electric-vehicle charging network — plans for a station every 50 miles​

The Biden administration has begun spending the $5 billion over five years from the bipartisan infrastructure law aimed at expanding electric vehicle charging, primarily on the nation’s major highways.

The plan calls for new or upgraded stations every 50 miles throughout the web of Interstates and other larger highways with roadside services.

Each station would need to have at least four fast-charger ports, which enable drivers to fully recharge their vehicles in about an hour.

There is also a program meant to bring more electric vehicle (EV) charging to rural areas, officials from a newly formed collaboration between the transportation and energy departments announced Thursday.

Biden has set a goal of a national network of 500,000 public charging stations in place by 2030, and administration officials say over 100,000 exist already.

“Americans need to know that they can purchase an electric vehicle and find convenient charging stations when they are using Interstates and other major highways,” Deputy Federal Highway Administrator Stephanie Pollack said.

“The new EV formula program will provide states with the resources they need to provide their residents with reliable access to an EV charging station as they travel,” she added.

To sweeten the deal for consumers, the Biden administration has called for expanding EV tax credits on some models to up to $12,500 if certain criteria are met, and allowing more people to qualify for those credits.

www.marketwatch.com

The-future-is-Electric !!!.jpg

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono (y)

Frank :cool:

Reactions: 11 users

BEISHA

Top 20

Searches for electric vehicles double as 40-year-high inflation and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine push gasoline prices above $4

Searches for new and used electric vehicles (EVs) jumped 112% from Feb. 24 to March 8 on Cars.com, a news and pricing site comparing makes and models of EVs with traditional, internal-combustion engine (ICE) vehicles.

Individually, searches for new EVS are up 83%, while there’s been a 130% rally in searches for used EVs — which, given the relative youth of the market and competition for these cars, can be a tough find.

While the Ukraine invasion can’t be entirely isolated as the cause of the increase in EV searches, it is shaping up as a significant catalyst pushing shoppers over the edge to change their behavior, car-buying experts say.

The Biden administration’s increases in infrastructure spending — including for EV charging stations, and pending expanded incentives for EV buyers, but hung up for now in a stalled Build Back Better spending bill — could unleash future demand. So will a growing lineup of electric pickup trucks and SUVs coming to market.

www.marketwatch.com

Biden’s EPA restores waiver for California and other states to set tougher vehicle tailpipe standards​

President Biden’s EPA has reinstated as expected the waiver that allows California and other states to adopt stronger vehicle tailpipe emissions rules than the federal standard.

The action marks a return to localized authority in mostly climate-minded blue states which was rolled back under the Trump administration.

Seventeen states and the District of Columbia had adopted their own clean car standards, representing more than 40% of the U.S. population, and six states had adopted a new advanced electric-truck standard, mostly for commercial fleets, that requires a waiver.

That would cover 20% of the truck market.

“Today we proudly reaffirm California’s longstanding authority to lead in addressing pollution from cars and trucks,” EPA Administrator Michael Regan said in a release Wednesday.

www.marketwatch.com

Biden tells states to roll ahead with electric-vehicle charging network — plans for a station every 50 miles​

The Biden administration has begun spending the $5 billion over five years from the bipartisan infrastructure law aimed at expanding electric vehicle charging, primarily on the nation’s major highways.

The plan calls for new or upgraded stations every 50 miles throughout the web of Interstates and other larger highways with roadside services.

Each station would need to have at least four fast-charger ports, which enable drivers to fully recharge their vehicles in about an hour.

There is also a program meant to bring more electric vehicle (EV) charging to rural areas, officials from a newly formed collaboration between the transportation and energy departments announced Thursday.

Biden has set a goal of a national network of 500,000 public charging stations in place by 2030, and administration officials say over 100,000 exist already.

“Americans need to know that they can purchase an electric vehicle and find convenient charging stations when they are using Interstates and other major highways,” Deputy Federal Highway Administrator Stephanie Pollack said.

“The new EV formula program will provide states with the resources they need to provide their residents with reliable access to an EV charging station as they travel,” she added.

To sweeten the deal for consumers, the Biden administration has called for expanding EV tax credits on some models to up to $12,500 if certain criteria are met, and allowing more people to qualify for those credits.

www.marketwatch.com

View attachment 2459

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono (y)

Frank :cool:
Music to my ears brother!!

tonster66

Regular
1647131396090.png

Reactions: 2 users

tonster66

Regular
1647131663891.png

Reactions: 1 users

tonster66

Regular
A+

Matthew O'Keefe​

Analyst at Cantor Fitzgerald​

Matthew O'Keefe is an Analyst at Cantor Fitzgerald based in New York City, New York. Previously, Matthew was a Senior Analyst, Mining Reseach at ERead More

cruiser51

Top 20
hi all, thinking of dipping a toe into avz. Any idea as to the ML delay? thanks in advance
What is happening with Leo Lithium ML?

Roller62

Regular
I knew it wouldn’t take long for trolls to turn up

Reactions: 8 users

cruiser51

Top 20
DRC has free carry on its 25% interest? It is the very first time I heard that DRC's 25% is free carried.
It was of the understanding that free carry is on 10% interest and in the case the DRC holds 25%, DRC pays 25% of development costs.
When was this changed?

Aeolian

This is incorrect in the Cantor report. If the government keep the 25% they have to pay their share of the project developments costs prorata from ML being granted to production. If they keep just 10% they don’t have to pay anything. The government seemingly either can’t or don’t want to pay the 15% project costs, hence are looking to sell it. The shareholder agreement is we have first right of purchase of this 15%. I believe that’s what’s hopefully being finalised now.

Reactions: 8 users

tonster66

Regular
DRC has free carry on its 25% interest? It is the very first time I heard that DRC's 25% is free carried.
It was of the understanding that free carry is on 10% interest and in the case the DRC holds 25%, DRC pays 25% of development costs.
When was this changed?
Yes, this is interesting. Maybe the DRC government are changing the way they are doing things. This maybe a sign of things to come as they are revisiting existing mining contacts this may be what they expect of other companies.

cruiser51

Top 20
Yes, this is interesting. Maybe the DRC government are changing the way they are doing things. This maybe a sign of things to come as they are revisiting existing mining contacts this may be what they expect of other companies.
The way it is explained in the Cantor interview 16 Nov 2021, by Nigel...after about 20 mins and 30 seconds.
AVZ owns 75% of Dathcom, Comminiere owns 25%.
As part of the mining license 10% has to be ceded to the DRC (which is free carried), this 10% comes out of the 25% of Comminere's holding.
The remaining 15% (owned by Comminiere) is not free carried.

Winenut

Go AVZ!
The way it is explained in the Cantor interview 16 Nov 2021, by Nigel...after about 20 mins and 30 seconds.
AVZ owns 75% of Dathcom, Comminiere owns 25%.
As part of the mining license 10% has to be ceded to the DRC (which is free carried), this 10% comes out of the 25% of Comminere's holding.
The remaining 15% (owned by Comminiere) is not free carried.
I'm trying to unravel the money flows and ownership

Does that mean the DRC ends up with 10% of Dathcom

With the remaining 15% of Dathcom owned by Comminiere I assume they will not want to contribute to project costs

So will AVZ have to purchase that 15% from Comminiere.... if so at what price?

How does all of this transalate to the ownership structure of AVZ itself (ie not Dathcom) with 24% owned by CATL

I'm going to do a bit of digging and see if I can get a corporate structure up as it might be easier to understand visually

Not tonight though

Off to the inlaws for roast lamb!

Cheers

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I'm trying to unravel the money flows and ownership

Does that mean the DRC ends up with 10% of Dathcom

With the remaining 15% of Dathcom owned by Comminiere I assume they will not want to contribute to project costs

So will AVZ have to purchase that 15% from Comminiere.... if so at what price?

How does all of this transalate to the ownership structure of AVZ itself (ie not Dathcom) with 24% owned by CATL

I'm going to do a bit of digging and see if I can get a corporate structure up as it might be easier to understand visually

Not tonight though

Off to the inlaws for roast lamb!

Cheers
LEGAL STATUS
The Congolese mining company in acronym COMINIERE is a public limited company according to OHADA business law.
It is a young company created on April 12, 2010 following the decision of the General Assembly of shareholders, namely the Ministry of Portfolio and the National Institute of Social Security.

SHAREHOLDERS
COMINIERE SA's share capital is 90% owned by the Congolese state through the portfolio ministry and 10% by the national social security institute.

AVZ has first right to buy the 15% from Cominiere.

Dathcom is the company which owns the Manono Tin and Lithium project.

Currently AVZ owns 75% of Dathcom and Cominiere owns 25% of Dathcom.

AVZ is in the process of selling 24% of Dathcom to CATH
When the ML drops Cominiere has to transfer 10% to the DRC, that is apparently the deal.

So as it stands, by the time all dust has settled:
AVZ has 51%
CATH has 24%
Cominiere has 15%
DRC government has 10% free carried.

So if the price is right and AVZ buys the 15 % from Cominiere, it will become:
AVZ = 66%
CATH = 24%
DRC = 10% (free carried)

I personally hope AVZ will buy the 15%.

• Fire
Reactions: 21 users