AVZ Discussion 2022

Frank

Top 20

CMOC’s Congo mine suspends copper and cobalt exports

CMOC’s Tenke Fungurume copper and cobalt mine has suspended all exports, logistics companies were told in a notice seen by Reuters late on Saturday, complying with demands by a court-appointed administrator.
blank.gif

A CMOC spokesman did not immediately reply to a request for comment but had said on Friday that the mine, which accounted for more than 10% of worldwide cobalt output in 2021, had not issued any instructions to stop exports.

CMOC has been locked in dispute with the administrator appointed in February to run the mine for six months in response to a lawsuit by Congo state miner Gecamines, a minority stakeholder in Tenke Fungurume.

The administrator, Sage Ngoie Mbayo, this month demanded that CMOC suspend marketing and export of its production because CMOC and Gecamines had not reached agreement this year on how to sell the mine’s output.

CMOC, meanwhile, has denied the administrator access to the mine site.

In the notice to companies that transport the mine’s output, a CMOC unit announced immediate suspension of access to the mine for all copper and cobalt trucks until July 24, adding that companies would be informed if exports could resume on July 25.

Three industry sources confirmed the suspension, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The administrator’s appointment stemmed from allegations by Gecamines that CMOC understated the mine’s reserves to reduce royalties it pays to Gecamines. CMOC denies the allegations.

Congo’s government announced last August that it had formed a commission to reassess reserve levels, a rare instance of Congolese authorities challenging the Chinese companies that dominate its mining sector.

Stick em' Up.jpg

VW’s battery business faces supply chain hurdles

Volkswagen AG’s newly formed battery business is working to overcome supply-chain headwinds as it ramps up production and prepares for an initial public offering as soon as next year.
blank.gif

PowerCo, which bundles the carmaker’s global battery efforts, is trying to secure raw materials amid surging prices and logistics issues, according to the unit’s Chief Financial Officer Kai Alexander Mueller.

VW plans to partner with Umicore SA to source cathode materials, is exploring working with Robert Bosch GmbH for machinery and agreed to offtake battery-grade lithium hydroxide from miner Vulcan Energy Resources.

“The supply chain for our business simply doesn’t exist today,” Mueller said in an interview.

“What is important is working with suppliers to scale this industry.”

Automakers from VW to General Motors Co. are exploring different business models as they race to electrify their lineups and catch Tesla Inc., the world’s top seller of electric vehicles.

Europe is trying to build up a homegrown battery industry to counter the dominance of Asian suppliers.

PowerCo, which broke ground on its first European factory last week, is expected to invest more than 20 billion euros ($20 billion) in five of its own cell factories by 2030.

Its flagship plant in Salzgitter, Germany, is due to start pilot production in 2024.

VW is building a sixth factory in Sweden via a partnership with Northvolt AB.

VW remains open to IPO the unit after financing it internally and inviting in strategic partners, VW CFO Arno Antlitz said last month, adding that the business has been set up in a way to facilitate a potential listing next year or in 2024.

PowerCo is meant to bundle VW’s battery-making activities much in the same way as its Cariad unit is attempting to streamline software efforts.

It will oversee activities including procurement, raw-materials processing, product development and plant management.

The push ties into VW’s efforts to streamline decision-making and make the vast conglomerate leaner and more focused.

“We are starting from the beginning to cover all aspects, from the mine to the end product,” Mueller said.

“We need to understand the sourcing, pricing to have a competitive product.”

www.mining.com/category/battery-metals/

AVZ # ! #.jpg

More Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 22 users

JAG

Top 20
1658107208199.png

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
Manono lithium project and sale of COMINIERE SA: AVZ Minerals breaks the silence
WhatsApp-Image-2022-07-17-at-19.21.39.jpeg

WhatsApp-Image-2022-07-17-at-19.21.29.jpeg
Accused of selling off COMINIERE SA by a fringe of public opinion, the mining company AVZ Minerals finally came out of hiding. So she decided to break the silence. During a press conference held on Saturday July 15, 2022, this company, through its legal counsel Christian Lukusa, clarified a number of points. She gave details about Manono's lithium project and reacted to the allegations made against her. According to AVZ Minerals, the Manono lithium mine belongs to the DATHCOM company of which it is a part and also the COMINIERE SA company. AVZ Minerals also implores the government to grant them, through the Mining Cadastre (CAMI), authorization for the start of this project, because the fund "is already available", reassured the lawyer.

WhatsApp-Image-2022-07-17-at-19.21.251-1024x554.jpeg
“Today we have come to clarify opinion. The idea for us was not to point fingers at people. So we have come to attract the attention of the national community. Because there has been a lot of misinformation circulating. We therefore wanted to clarify the paradigm according to which the investor who arrives, comes to steal the country's ore”, expresses Christian Lukusa before specifying that the company which has the operating license is the company DATHCOM. AVZ Minerals is only the majority shareholder. It therefore inspires ideas. Moreover, “We have also collaborated for a long time with COMINIERE in the implementation of the Manono lithium project. And COMINIERE is an integral part of DATHCOM's board of directors,” he argues.

WhatsApp-Image-2022-07-17-at-19.21.291-1024x767.jpeg
According to him, the AVZ did not go overboard and complied with the law in this area. It therefore did not deviate from the clauses of the partnership contract. “The Joint Venture (JV) for which we are accused today was never written by the AVZ. The AVZ found it. So she came and joined. And it only applies what is established in the JV contract which is in particular the control at the level of the company and the distribution at the level of the positions, ”he explains. And in this partnership, a number of conditions have been set for the different partners. “For COMINIERE, the feasibility study should show a rate of return of 20%. But we have doubled this rate of return to 40%. Then we had to raise funds. Indeed, the fund has been raised, ”he informs.

Another major condition that the AVZ declares to have respected is the presentation of the feasibility study within five years as indicated by the mining code in force. “In less than three years, we produced this feasibility study which was presented to COMINIERE and discussed at board meetings.

And a decision was made. Since the feasibility study was written in English, we had to translate it into French. We finished it in April 2020 and presented it to COMINIERE in August 2020 after translation. Written evidence exists", he defends himself while regretting the fact that the CAMI has not always reacted around their file to make official the operating permit for the lithium mine held by DATHCOM, the decree of which was signed by the National Minister of Mines Antoinette N'Samba in May 2021.

As for the project, Christian Lukusa notes that the company has 500 million USD to launch the first phase of construction of the mine but also of the Mpyana Mwanga power plant which will produce 33 megawatts. "The power that will be produced from the Mpyana Mwanga power station will supply the mining industry and serve the population", he said before noting that this Manono lithium project is an integrated project which does not only include the mine but also the development of a special economic zone in Manono while integrating other activities. "We are planning the development of the railway, the rehabilitation of the Kabondo Dianda road and the construction of a water treatment plant", he further noted.

Moreover, the AVZ declares that it is not interested in the conflict because it does not resolve anything. With its privileged partner COMINIERE SA, AVZ Minérales expects from the Congolese State, through the CAMI, the notification to launch the works of the first phase of the project which is the construction of the plant. "We therefore implore the government to allow the company DATHCOM to start the project which will certainly contribute to the economic development of the territory of Manono", he wishes. It should therefore also be noted that the first tonnes of lithium spodumene are expected towards the last months of 2023. According to the feasibility study, the mine hosts 44.6 million tonnes of proven reserves and 48.5 million of probable reserves. . Over the 20-year lifespan, the mine is expected to have an annual production capacity of 700,000 tonnes of spodumene concentrate (SC6), a raw material needed to produce lithium hydroxide and carbon. Manono should therefore also deliver 45,375 tonnes of primary lithium sulphates each year.

Djodjo Mulamba

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 30 users

Birdman7

Regular
Manono lithium project and sale of COMINIERE SA: AVZ Minerals breaks the silence

Accused of selling off COMINIERE SA by a fringe of public opinion, the mining company AVZ Minerals finally came out of hiding. So she decided to break the silence. During a press conference held on Saturday July 15, 2022, this company, through its legal counsel Christian Lukusa, clarified a number of points. She gave details about Manono's lithium project and reacted to the allegations made against her. According to AVZ Minerals, the Manono lithium mine belongs to the DATHCOM company of which it is a part and also the COMINIERE SA company. AVZ Minerals also implores the government to grant them, through the Mining Cadastre (CAMI), authorization for the start of this project, because the fund "is already available", reassured the lawyer.

“Today we have come to clarify opinion. The idea for us was not to point fingers at people. So we have come to attract the attention of the national community. Because there has been a lot of misinformation circulating. We therefore wanted to clarify the paradigm according to which the investor who arrives, comes to steal the country's ore”, expresses Christian Lukusa before specifying that the company which has the operating license is the company DATHCOM. AVZ Minerals is only the majority shareholder. It therefore inspires ideas. Moreover, “We have also collaborated for a long time with COMINIERE in the implementation of the Manono lithium project. And COMINIERE is an integral part of DATHCOM's board of directors,” he argues.

According to him, the AVZ did not go overboard and complied with the law in this area. It therefore did not deviate from the clauses of the partnership contract. “The Joint Venture (JV) for which we are accused today was never written by the AVZ. The AVZ found it. So she came and joined. And it only applies what is established in the JV contract which is in particular the control at the level of the company and the distribution at the level of the positions, ”he explains. And in this partnership, a number of conditions have been set for the different partners. “For COMINIERE, the feasibility study should show a rate of return of 20%. But we have doubled this rate of return to 40%. Then we had to raise funds. Indeed, the fund has been raised, ”he informs.

Another major condition that the AVZ declares to have respected is the presentation of the feasibility study within five years as indicated by the mining code in force. “In less than three years, we produced this feasibility study which was presented to COMINIERE and discussed at board meetings.

And a decision was made. Since the feasibility study was written in English, we had to translate it into French. We finished it in April 2020 and presented it to COMINIERE in August 2020 after translation. Written evidence exists", he defends himself while regretting the fact that the CAMI has not always reacted around their file to make official the operating permit for the lithium mine held by DATHCOM, the decree of which was signed by the National Minister of Mines Antoinette N'Samba in May 2021.

As for the project, Christian Lukusa notes that the company has 500 million USD to launch the first phase of construction of the mine but also of the Mpyana Mwanga power plant which will produce 33 megawatts. "The power that will be produced from the Mpyana Mwanga power station will supply the mining industry and serve the population", he said before noting that this Manono lithium project is an integrated project which does not only include the mine but also the development of a special economic zone in Manono while integrating other activities. "We are planning the development of the railway, the rehabilitation of the Kabondo Dianda road and the construction of a water treatment plant", he further noted.

Moreover, the AVZ declares that it is not interested in the conflict because it does not resolve anything. With its privileged partner COMINIERE SA, AVZ Minérales expects from the Congolese State, through the CAMI, the notification to launch the works of the first phase of the project which is the construction of the plant. "We therefore implore the government to allow the company DATHCOM to start the project which will certainly contribute to the economic development of the territory of Manono", he wishes. It should therefore also be noted that the first tonnes of lithium spodumene are expected towards the last months of 2023. According to the feasibility study, the mine hosts 44.6 million tonnes of proven reserves and 48.5 million of probable reserves. . Over the 20-year lifespan, the mine is expected to have an annual production capacity of 700,000 tonnes of spodumene concentrate (SC6), a raw material needed to produce lithium hydroxide and carbon. Manono should therefore also deliver 45,375 tonnes of primary lithium sulphates each year.

Djodjo Mulamba

Thanks for posting this Sammael.

Reactions: 13 users

BEISHA

Top 20

Djodjo Mulamba

This article is looking very positive for AVZ !!

So why ICC arbitration required ?

Zijin trying their luck because they aint getting the love from DRC govt ?

This could be a very embarrassing for Zijin and the China state govt accordingly.

Could be a double face palm .

face palm.gif

Nothing would make me happier.

imo

Reactions: 27 users

Bin59

Regular

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 29 users

Bin59

Regular

Not sure if this has just happened or is merely the next step Dominic would like to see happen - in any case it is possible - see Article 11 below from a book on the DRC Mining Laws & Regulations (2017).

1658112844127.jpeg

1658112772990.jpeg

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

JAG

Top 20
This article is looking very positive for AVZ !!

So why ICC arbitration required ?

Zijin trying their luck because they aint getting the love from DRC govt ?

This could be a very embarrassing for Zijin and the China state govt accordingly.

Could be a double face palm .

View attachment 11688

Nothing would make me happier.

imo
comedy central GIF by Workaholics

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

JAG

Top 20
1658115734114.png

Reactions: 11 users

Bin59

Regular
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Thinking

tonster66

Regular

Wednesday 08 May 2019​

Canberra will be the first Australian city to pilot a publicly available hydrogen vehicle refuelling station.​

The clean-energy facility will be built in Mildura Street, Fyshwick, by ActewAGL with the support of renewable energy generator Neoen.

During today’s announcement of the hydrogen project, the ACT Government revealed it will add 20 new Hyundai hydrogen vehicles, funded by Neoen, to its fleet.

26 March 2021
Australia’s first public Hydrogen refuelling station, operated by ActewAGL, has opened in Fyshwick, marking a major milestone in the rollout of zero emissions vehicles in the ACT.

"GONSKI"

Reactions: 6 users

bloke383

Regular

Djodjo Mulamba

It's so good to see that room full of interested parties . I was hoping it wasn't just going to be all hype , with an empty room and nobody listening . Lets see how the court of public opinion plays out now that the facts are there for everybody to see

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

JAG

Top 20
1658131237158.png

Reactions: 5 users

JAG

Top 20
No less than $6 per share thanks!!!!!!!! $1 per year of pain and suffering for me thanks:ROFLMAO:

1658131434980.png

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

obe wan

Regular
When mining licence is sorted and all the other shit too, I expect something leftfield .

What we are currently going through, is typical of the shit which has other entities sitting on the sidelines
waiting until everything is locked in. Dealing with corrupt officials / department , going through the process and trying to get the ML granted on a resource like this, which has $$$ written all over it, is an absolute minefield . So best let the process happen and let someone else do the blind minefield walk.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users

tonster66

Regular
"Piana Mwanga Hydro - Piana Mwanga would comprise an installation of up to a 32 MW power plant - rehabilitation and addition of one unit"
- Capacity for 4 generators for total potential production of 64 MW.
Dathomir and Cominiere have agreed that Dathomir will secure finance for the rehabilitation of the Piana Mwanga hydroelectric power station.
(ANN 14 November 2018).

So both Dathomir and Cominiere have not delivered on what they have promised. Is Cominiere keeping Dathomir accountable to this agreement? I think not!

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

JAG

Top 20
1658136594276.png

cheers :cool:
1658136565338.png

• Love
  • Fire

JAG