AVZ Discussion 2022

JAG

Top 20
not gonna happen donald trump GIF by Election 2016

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Joseph Kabila was said to be the true owner of Dathomir, not Dathcom. Statements now that he is not directly or indirectly involved in Dathcom, means Dathomir aren't directly involved anymore. Just to edit an add on, the alternate view could be that Dathomir is trying to separate its entity entirely from Kabila because of it’s claim, but I imagine any claim by Dathomir is null and void and Cominiere claim they lent Dathomir 5% of their shares.
Just to add to my previous post, I have since found that AVZ did say in an interview with Global Witness that “it had found no adverse information about Dathomir’s owner and it had engaged in a due diligence process that found no ‘inappropriate links’ to the regime of former DRC President Joseph Kabila”. Which is one reason I find having to sift through unrelated and less informative information only slows up the process when you are trying to dig up as much relevant information as you can with the time you’ve got

Reactions: 15 users

Rediah

Regular
Would it be fair to say we are in
a) better position
b) same as before
c) there is no “c”
than where we were a week ago with these latest developments, announcements and activities in DRC 🤷‍♂️
English is not my first language so I miss between the line information in these press releases and announcements.
Personally I think we are in a better position, yes?

Reactions: 12 users
a) better position
b) same as before
c) there is no “c”
than where we were a week ago with these latest developments, announcements and activities in DRC 🤷‍♂️
English is not my first language so I miss between the line information in these press releases and announcements.
a) better position

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 19 users

Chase

Regular
a) better position
b) same as before
c) there is no “c”
B

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Mickyb64

Regular
a) better position
b) same as before
c) there is no “c”
(a)

Reactions: 7 users

aanti.dumb

Regular
To start ..., don't forget:

One bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

If Zijin would pay AVZ an amount in excess of USD 1.5 billion for 30% of AVZ's 75% ownership of Dathcom and the final ownership split would be:

AVZ 45%
Zijin 45%
DRC 10%

AVZ/Zijin operatorship of the mine, Catl as a secured off take customer/DRC battery manufacturer, I can see merit in this idea.

But Zijin suggesting to pay AVZ USD 500 million is very simple laughable.
AVZ is not as stupid as Cominière.

AVZ so far has developed this resource from an abandoned tin mine to a discovery of a mammoth lithium/tin resource.

AVZ never owned the 15% it intended to buy from Cominière, that deal is between Zijin and Cominiè/DRC government (who got screwed in the process by its corrupt players, That is Felix' mess to sort out and AVZ should not get involved in this mess).

It allows to proceed with this mine, stop the legal mess and move on.
Yes AVZ will finish up with 6% less, but it partners with a huge miner with large operations and mining experience in the DRC.

AVZ will have also after the dust settles enough funds to progress with different projects.

Just my 2 bob worth

It allows AVZ quickly together with Zijin to develop this mine into a massive operation.

Maybe I'm just dreaming, but I don't want this impasse to develop into a disaster.
AVZ 45%
Zijin 45%
DRC 10%

I don't think this can happen. My understanding is that a condition of the ML is that than one party maintain a MAJORITY ownership whish is %51.

Reactions: 8 users

Chase

Regular
AVZ 45%
Zijin 45%
DRC 10%

I don't think this can happen. My understanding is that a condition of the ML is that than one party maintain a MAJORITY ownership whish is %51.
I'm only new to this..but is the 51% required majority needed to be from Dathcom or AVZ itself?

Reactions: 1 users

Chase

Regular
I'm only new to this..but is the 51% required majority needed to be from Dathcom or AVZ itself?
Yeah just worked that one out..all good no reply needed

Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20
I believe it's actually Dathcom (ie the company who applied for the licence) that must hold at least 51%.

Reactions: 9 users

cruiser51

Top 20
I believe it's actually Dathcom (ie the company who applied for the licence) that must hold at least 51%.
Just look at the following example:
The Kamoa-Kakula Copper Mine — a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%)

• Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Samus

Top 20
The Kamoa-Kakula Copper Mine — a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%)
To my understanding if we're talking about the application for the licence, AVZ applied for the licence on behalf of Dathcom and not as AVZ to become the licence holder.

Reactions: 7 users

Dijon101

Regular
a) better position
b) same as before
c) there is no “c”

A) better position.

Although I do think we've been in a pretty good position all along. All of the noise so far has been from the short brigade and z.

I also would like to think Nigel, AVZ and their lawyers are not naive enough to think that either the DRC is dodgy, business world is ruthless, or the Chinese would exploit any contractual weakness or mistake.

They've done genuine investors a massive favour by putting us into suspension while everything gets sorted out. The noise has only been able to be noise.
Sit tight everyone.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 37 users
I wondered about that too and whether that may be because that JV was formed prior to the new Mining Code taking effect. I have not researched into this yet. IMO

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

JAG

Top 20
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

1658098037175.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

"...including in Western Australia, which was home to some the world’s largest hard-rock lithium deposits."
Notice "was" used. Likely because Manono is now widely accepted as the world's largest hard-rock deposit.

" “The battery materials business is fairly location-agnostic, so we are looking at opportunities everywhere,” Kaufman said..."
Tell that to those downrampers.

DYOR

Reactions: 15 users

JAG

Top 20
1658099731738.png

• Love
  • Fire

JAG

Top 20
1658099814832.png

Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20
It's interesting they are coming out of the woodwork now?
*Fyi, fwiw, as

Cominière, Dathomir, Zijin, AVZ Minerals, Dathcom Mining: What is happening concretely?​

In an interview conducted by the editorial staff of MNM with the law firm Momentum, the authorities of AVZ gave answers to understand the reasons for the agitation and gluttonous appetite around Manono’s lithium since the validation of the ‘Final feasibility study made by AVZ Minerals.

MNM:

Cominière asks AVZ to stop publishing more online and on the stock exchange about its shares, in particular the 75%, because it is false.

Cabinet Momentum: AVZ retorts that it reports the reality of the facts legally established by all the legal and regulatory texts of the DRC: to date AVZ owns 75% of shares which are totally crystallized by the fact that Jin Chen, the subsidiary of Zijin is not a shareholder of Dathcom shareholder because according to the statutes of this JV can only be a shareholder who has an account in the register of shareholders, who has adhered to the Joint-Venture agreement.

AVZ’s right of pre-emption is an acquired and real right which renders legally null and void any action seeking to ignore it.

MNM:

Should politicians and other public officials be brought to justice because of the mismanagement of Cominière’s assets through its JVs?

Answer: AVZ will support any initiative of NGOs and the media or other Congolese authorities on this subject, it will feel happy to share interesting and useful information for the success of the cause.

The DRC must respect the laws of the country and protect the business climate

The editorial staff of MNM noted that, taking into account several documents and testimonies on Dathcom Mining, the calamitous management of the various partnerships of La Cominière by the group of Mr. Mwamba Athanase, the trials in Lubumbashi and Kalemie or in Paris around the joint ventures whose JV UC (United Cominière), the political, Chinese and business agitations around the PE of Dathcom, the reports and alerts of NGOs, it is imperative for all Congolese political leaders to respect the Mining Law and protect the business climate and cease to block the development of the country’s first lithium project.

The editorial staff of MNM noted that, taking into account several documents and testimonies on Dathcom Mining, the calamitous management of the various partnerships of La Cominière by the group of Mr. Mwamba Athanase, the trials in Lubumbashi and Kalemie or in Paris around the joint ventures whose JV UC (United Cominière), the political, Chinese and business agitations around the PE of Dathcom, the reports and alerts of NGOs, it is imperative for all Congolese political leaders to respect the Mining Law and protect the business climate and cease to block the development of the country’s first lithium project.

Below is the full interview.

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Top Bottom