AVZ Discussion 2022

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I just checked a few sites and got the same errors. Downdetector is also down - a little bit of irony there....

Edit: The crapper is back up now :(

I wonder how the downrampers will turn this outage into being an issue caused by AVZ :ROFLMAO: (something, something soveriegn risk).

Ironically the site I use to make Simpsons meme's was one of the sites down.

412978.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

Remark

Top 20
1655796571097.png

Cloudflare looks like the culprit...

1655796619539.png

• Fire

JAG

Top 20
1655798468925.png

Reactions: 11 users

JAG

Top 20
Great post if it was going to happen......my left nut is on the line:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1655798658635.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Hotcrapper is down. This makes me laugh. Poor LKE holders today sorry for your loss.

DOW futures up. LIT ETF up solidly.
Keep that suspension going for a while Nigel. I think mid July lithium will start to rebound strongly. I pulled this date out of my rear-end.
What happened at LKE??

It's like nearly 30% smashed

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

JAG

Top 20
  • Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Yay we can read more of Davy Boy's crap again lol
Davy Boy went in a headspin in them days and still can't get his head around what really happened.

He still believes Far was wronged by WPL, even after the ICC ruling.

However...
Far contends it was not allowed to exercise its right to pre-empt the sale of Conoco’s stake in the joint venture.
If it had, Far would have been able to increase its 15% stake for what was considered a relatively cheap price.

Far asked for the ICC ruling, not WPL.

In this case Zijin is asking for the ICC ruling, not AVZ.

I didn't expect to have to read about fucking FAR on the AVZ thread.
I sold out of FAR, before it went pear shaped, when WPL bought ConocoPhilips Senegal and I bought more WPL shares from the proceeds. 🤣

Anyhow I have enough of his irrelevant dribble.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Great post if it was going to happen......my left nut is on the line:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

View attachment 9781

Zijin, why are your pants around your ankles?

AVZ:

nige.png

I'm really bored so here's a bonus:

smile.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
On a more serious note this remember how the Chinese went on the charm offensive the other day about how they paid 1.3b (USD) to the DRC last year?

Heres some perspective:

"coal royalties income for the current financial year will be more than $9bn"

That's 9b AUD (6,275,070,000.00 USD) just from coal... Just in Queensland...

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Those Chinese miners sure are generous for the resources they get out of the DRC

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 12 users

Ozthescot

Regular
On a more serious note this remember how the Chinese went on the charm offensive the other day about how they paid 1.3b (USD) to the DRC last year?

Heres some perspective:

"coal royalties income for the current financial year will be more than $9bn"

That's 9b AUD (6,275,070,000.00 USD) just from coal... Just in Queensland...

Things that make you go hmmmm...

Those Chinese miners sure are generous for the resources they get out of the DRC
Yeah very questionable that number for sure! When I was reading that 1.3B sounded like peanuts to me, compared to probably the amount of resource that has most likely been stripped from operating mines under Chinese control!

Reactions: 4 users

Frank

Top 20
I certainly hope Willy Kitobi Samsoni runs the ruler over the AVZ / Zijin shit show, just like he is doing with Gecamine........🙏🙏

I wonder whether he is linked with the IGF report ?

That article does provide me with hope that the DRC is finally wising up !

imo

*Ditto, It certainly sounds encouraging, plus the fact they're not afraid to use a "Big Stick" when push comes to shove (y)

Fyi, I see where,

FÉLIX TSHISEKEDI CALLED ON TO REINFORCE THE PROTECTION OF THE IGF AND JULES ALINGETE.

Between the financial patrol, citizen exchanges to raise awareness of the population on the fight against financial predation, the report of forest sales and looting of Gecamines, the Head of State Félix Tshisekedi called for strengthening the protection of the IGF and ALINGETE from the MAFIOSO network.

1655802454777.png

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

ptlas

Regular
Sorry if this has already been posted

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220621-200604_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    Screenshot_20220621-200604_Daily Mail Online.jpg
    987.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Proof of win-win Sino-Congolese cooperation: Chinese mining companies paid 1.3 billion USD to the DRC in 2021!

View attachment 9665

The Minister Counselor at the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Wang Hailong, recently said in an interview with Radio Okapi, that Chinese mining companies paid the DRC an amount of $1.3 billion USD in 2021.

Mr. Wang explained that this investment has greatly increased mining production in the DRC, arguing that from 2016 to 2021, annual copper production increased from 842,000 tons to 1,800,000 tons, more than doubling in just 5 years and of this volume, 70% is produced by Chinese companies, he revealed.

"We can also declare it loud and clear, after the infrastructures developed under colonization by Belgium and its partners, those of China since independence in 1960 are the most attractive and useful that can come from a single country. “, he said.

On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of Sino-Congolese relations and cooperation in this year 2022, the Chinese achievements begun with the symbolism of the People's Palace and the Martyrs' Stadium - perimeter where the most imposing and important cultural complex is erected.

Of Central Africa – are characterized with different infrastructures in Health, Education, Energy, Transport and Communication Channels, Housing, Environment, and this throughout the national territory. Evidenced by the Sino-Congolese contract carried by SICOMINES S.A.

Here is the full interview:

Radio Okapi: Mr. Wang, hello.

The DRC produced almost 1,800,000 tons of copper last year.

In your presentation, you said that China had a lot to do with it.

What ?

Mr. Wang: Yes, exactly.

Over the past three years, Chinese companies have invested more than $1 billion in the Congolese mining sector.

This has greatly increased mining production in the DRC.

From 2016 to 2021, annual copper production in the DRC increased from 842,000 tonnes to 1,800,000 tonnes, more than doubling in just a few years and of this volume, 70% is produced by Chinese companies.

Thanks to the Convention with China, the DRC has once again become the world's third largest producer of copper.

It has regained its leading position as a mineral producer with state-of-the-art equipment and advanced technologies brought in by Chinese on its own.

When you really paint this picture, is it just to tell us that the illegal mining that is carried out by certain Chinese nationals in the eastern part of the country is not at all representative of Sino-Congolese cooperation?

Yes.

As a Chinese saying goes “a tree cannot hide the forest”.

Compared to 20,000 Chinese nationals settled in the DRC, those who are supposed to be in an irregular state are a very very small minority.

The vast majority of Chinese companies and nationals working in the DRC comply well with Congolese laws and regulations.

As requested by the Chinese government, they make a great contribution to the economic and social development of the DRC.

For example, taxes paid in 2021 by Chinese companies reached $1.3 billion, or 16% of state budget revenue, not to mention other royalties or dividends, whether in materials or finance. What reigns in our relations is friendship and “win-win” cooperation.

When this crisis on illegal exploitation broke out, your country, through the embassy, undertook to sanction Chinese nationals who were involved in this exploitation.

What about today ?

We made calls to these people to give up or to regularize themselves.

I can tell you today that in the province of South Kivu, among the six to seven companies cited by the local authorities, there are almost zero left, perhaps one more who remains there to settle the back procedures.

*So you are committing today to ensuring that when you have nationals who are involved in mining activities, whether in the East or the West of the country, that this is really done according to the requirements of the law …

Yes.

Indeed, the Chinese Government always asks companies and nationals settled here to comply with Congolese laws and regulations.

To come back to Chinese investments, you said that today the DRC is the third or fourth African country where China invests the most.

In which sectors is China investing today in the DRC, apart from mining?

Apart from the mines, Chinese companies are investing.

I would like to cite as an example the land port of Kasumbalese, a project with Chinese capital of around 230 million dollars which has promoted the import and export trade of the DRC.

I believe this list of investments will continue to grow, as many companies are already committing to investing more.

In view of this, what can be the prospects for collaboration between the two countries ?

There are many prospects for cooperation ahead of us.

This year marks the 50th anniversary of the restoration of diplomatic relations between China and the DRC.

We will take advantage of this historic event to bring our relations and our collaboration to a new level.

www.mediacongo.net

View attachment 9666

View attachment 9667
The art of answering a question by not answering a question. Wang Hailong is a school of saying a lot to clarify nothing. Good work.

Reactions: 6 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Rediah

Regular

Attachments

• 634F1664-E79B-40EF-8414-9DD11810788C.png
    634F1664-E79B-40EF-8414-9DD11810788C.png
    234.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Wow

Soapy

Regular
Reactions: 2 users

Frank

Top 20
Sung Choi, a metals analyst at Bloomberg, told VOA,

"The cost of lithium has risen because virtually all automakers have jumped onto producing electric vehicles."

Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted that the "insane" costs meant "Tesla might actually have to get into the mining & refining directly at scale."

That is exactly what China has been doing, and its companies are looking to make sure they don't run out of the metal needed to make lithium-ion batteries - which China, which has the largest EV market in the world, produces 80% of globally.

While more than half of global lithium resources are in South America and Australia, China is scouring the world for new sources of the metal, including in the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau and elsewhere, but increasingly in Africa.

"Africa has recently been in the spotlight with its ample resources in metals," Choi said.

*Unfortunately, AVZ /DRC are caught between a Spodumene Rock and a Hard Hat atm

You need investment and investors, you need offtakes and shit loads of $$$$$ to get a Mine to Production

You also need a lot of i's dotted & t's crossed in different languages along the way :rolleyes:

What you Don't need is a "Fly in the Oitment" a "Spanner in the Works" :eek:

It seems when dealing with China, You're damned if you do and damned if you don't :unsure:

The DRC aren't going to Cut their Nose off to Spite their Face, Kill the Goose that lays the Golden Egg Noodles ;)

Especially when the DRC are so dependent on China and vise versa atm

"We can also declare it loud and clear, after the infrastructures developed under colonization by Belgium and its partners, those of China since independence in 1960 are the most attractive and useful that can come from a single country. “, he said.

For example, taxes paid in 2021 by Chinese companies reached $1.3 billion, or 16% of state budget revenue, not to mention other royalties or dividends, whether in materials or finance.

What reigns in our relations is friendship and “win-win” cooperation

Hopefully 🤞

Felix / DRC know what they're doing and dealing with corruption with Jules Alingete Key on the case (y)

Food for thought

View attachment 9710
*To Remind,

"The cost of lithium has risen because virtually all automakers have jumped onto producing electric vehicles."

Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted that the "insane" costs meant "Tesla might actually have to get into the mining & refining directly at scale."

That is exactly what China has been doing, and its companies are looking to make sure they don't run out of the metal needed to make lithium-ion batteries - which China, which has the largest EV market in the world, produces 80% of globally.

While more than half of global lithium resources are in South America and Australia, China is scouring the world for new sources of the metal, including in the Qinghai-Tibetan plateau and elsewhere, but increasingly in Africa.

"Africa has recently been in the spotlight with its ample resources in metals," Choi said.

*To Add,

Sinomine invests $200m in Zimbabwe lithium project

China’s Sinomine Resource Group on Friday launched a $200 million project to build a plant and expand existing mining operations at its recently acquired Bikita lithium mine in Zimbabwe.

The southern African country holds some of the world’s largest deposits of lithium, a key battery mineral, and hopes for an economic boost from a global drive towards clean energy.

Zimbabwe’s President Emmerson Mnangagwa, who officiated at Sinomine’s launch event at Bikita Minerals, 325 kilometres south of the capital Harare, said the investment positions the country as a major player in the global battery minerals supply chain.

“The launch of this project follows an investment of about $200 million by Sinomine Resource Group, which will see the building of a new plant and expansion of existing operations,” Mnangagwa said.

Shenzhen-listed Sinomine acquired Bikita Minerals in a $180 million transaction in January.

The mine has been in operation since 1950 and predominantly produces petalite, a lithium mineral used in the glass and ceramic industries, but Sinomine now plans to produce spodumene – a key battery mineral.

On May 23, Sinomine announced plans to raise 3 billion yuan ($450 million) in a private placement to fund its lithium plans, including the Zimbabwe project.

Sinomine has also set up a joint venture with the Chengxin Lithium Group’s Zimbabwe unit to drive lithium projects in the country.

Chengxin paid $76.5 million last November for 51% of a company which owns lithium and rare earth mineral blocks in Zimbabwe.

Another Chinese firm, Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt, recently purchased the Arcadia hard-rock lithium mine just outside Harare from Australia-listed Prospect Resources and other Zimbabwean minorities in a $422 million deal.

Huayou has announced plans to invest $300 million on the rapid development of a lithium mine and processing plant at Arcadia.

Africa !.jpg

CATLTesla.jpeg

I'm not surprised at the desperation some Grubby Scum Bags will go to to get their hands on a slice of Manono tbo :rolleyes:

Especially when you consider the sheer Size and Quality of the Deposit just below the Surface for the taking atm (y)

If only we could get this Show on the Road to Production and Scoop up some juicy Profits for Years to come asap :rolleyes:

Zimbabwe’s President, said the investment positions the country as a major player in the global battery minerals supply chain.

Food for thought :unsure:

Frank 🤞

Reactions: 16 users

Ozthescot

Regular
  • Thinking
Top Bottom