AVZ Discussion 2022

BEISHA

Top 20
The top of the arch is bloody high - I climbed up there to the flagpoles one night with some mates when I was at uni in the early 80s, before organised bridge walks with safety harnesses and the like were a thing. I had a few under my belt, which was good, because I wouldn't have climbed it sober. We had to climb a bunch of narrow stairways and ladders - in most places there was a knee high wire rope as a "fence", but that was it. One of my mates' dad was a maintenance worker on the bridge so my mate knew where the key was hidden to open the gates that block access to the stairways and ladders.

But I digress - there's a lot of wind at that height (150m) so a very long flagpole will need to be a very solid piece of kit (the flags are 9m long so are like a massive sail in that wind). And then the question is how to get it up there and attach it - they won't do it while the bridge is open, for safety reasons with road traffic, trains, boats and pedestrians underneath - so maybe part of the cost is the cost of closing the bridge for a period of time to get the work done - that will entail traffic control, policing, security, re-routing trains or having buses replace trains etc. The pole would need to be delivered and placed using choppers I reckon.

But, yeah, $25m is hard to fathom even taking all that into account.
Just imagine what $25m could do for the health and welfare for the poor indigenous living in the outback ?

The indigenous flag is now free to use in any capacity , after Scott Morrison bought the rights from Mr Harold Thomas in January 2022

So no royalties for copyright would be included in that $25m quote.

"Things that make you go........................hmmmmmm "

imo

Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20
Supreme Court….. why do you mention that
I was under the impression that (according to claims) a high court in drc had annulled the 15% originally purchased from Dathomir and the next step for avz was to take this to supreme court.
But perhaps I've got lost in all the claims and counter claims, dozens of articles and lack of official information from the company.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
Just imagine what $25m could do for the health and welfare for the poor indigenous living in the outback ?

The indigenous flag is now free to use in any capacity , after Scott Morrison bought the rights from Mr Harold Thomas in January 2022

Exactly. The easiest thing by far would be to remove the NSW flag and replace it with the indigenous flag - two flags on the bridge would be enough, no need for adding a third flagpole

Reactions: 9 users

Dazmac66

Regular
Exactly. The easiest thing by far would be to remove the NSW flag and replace it with the indigenous flag - two flags on the bridge would be enough, no need for adding a third flagpole
May as well throw the Torres Strait Islander flag up there while you have all the tools out!

Reactions: 3 users

Bonsoir

Regular
Does anyone have an opinion as to why we are actually in suspension ?

I understand the 15% we have first option on.
I understand the shit fight over the 15% AVZ say we own but others say we lost in a court case.

What I can’t get my head around is why we aren’t trading, is there a more sinister problem to do with our claim on the whole Manono mine site..???

Are we just taking advantage of the current situation until all sorted because AVZ have stated the suspension is not dependent on the arbitration case….

long time holder just looking for answers, the African posters on Twitter Joe, Frank etc seem to have gone quite.

Not downramping, on the surface AVZ have done everything correct and should not be dealing with this corrupt shit, we should be building a mine.

Winenut

Go AVZ!

I understand the shit fight over the 15% AVZ say we own but others say we lost in a court case.

What I can’t get my head around is why we aren’t trading, is there a more sinister problem to do with our claim on the whole Manono mine site..???

Are we just taking advantage of the current situation until all sorted because AVZ have stated the suspension is not dependent on the arbitration case….

long time holder just looking for answers, the African posters on Twitter Joe, Frank etc seem to have gone quite.

Not downramping, on the surface AVZ have done everything correct and should not be dealing with this corrupt shit, we should be building a mine.
1655780880237.jpeg

This is what we know.....not much really

Samus

Top 20

I'm thinking perhaps they need to know the make up of Dathomir and pass on the percentage to drc before the paperwork can be signed off and surface rights paid.
Might be way off but logic dictates it would make sense. Management not really giving anything away.
Gone from surface rights paid in a few days and licence granted to months of suspension. Pretty frustrating.
Agree gtf on with it. Licence already more than 12 months past what was originally expected.

Could be right @ohreally but this didn't come across as an issue in the original announcement for the decree. I still wonder if splitting the tenement might have suited management in some way, either to speed up the process or by keeping options open to possibly sell off a chunk in future.

Regardless I'm sick of this shit, it would be very nice to have a bit of clarity. This should have been such a positive time in the companies history and instead it's a shitshow.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

whales

Regular
can only assume it's to do with ann stating ML will be for entire area and then the gov went and shrunk the PR......we know for sure it has nothing to do with the 15%'s, and last we heard coupla months ago was that ML would be within days one gov have calculated surface rights. So to me it's a surface rights issue and/or exact area the PE will cover, unless anyone can convince me otherwise I'll stick to that.

Usual ambiguous ann from management, no doubt stemming from the absolute total incompetence, corruption and hypocrisy from the government

just my opinion, could be very wrong
You are right.
Mining licence to cover surface rights payment for Carrier De Lest and Roche Dure.
Should Mining Licence be confirmed with payment of surface rights on both then that also implies that 75 % good legal title as AVZ requires 51 % through Dathcom after 24% is transferred to CATH.
Otherwise no Mining Licence can be awarded as Mining 8 post reported.
ÀLL IMO

Reactions: 15 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
What it tells us unfortunatley is we don't actually know what has transpired with any certainty and can merely form opinions based on best assumptions and negligible facts

Frustrating position without a doubt but with the legal aspects that seem to be tied up with the overall mess it is probably prudent for AVZ to remain tight lipped and in suspension until everything is resolved.....hopefully in our favour with legal binding determinations and the full support of the DRC government

Reactions: 12 users

Bin59

Regular
You are right.
Mining licence to cover surface rights payment for Carrier De Lest and Roche Dure.
Should Mining Licence be confirmed with payment of surface rights on both then that also implies that 75 % good legal title as AVZ requires 51 % through Dathcom after 24% is transferred to CATH.
Otherwise no Mining Licence can be awarded as Mining 8 post reported.
ÀLL IMO
Would the surface rights payment exclude the area the Tantalex tailings occupy? If so, it might take a while to calculate the surface rights payment.

I’ve noticed a couple of fairly recent articles on Tantalex (with some references to AVZ) which may be of interest to some here.

• Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
"There is no change to the anticipated timeframe for the completion of the subject of the initial trading halt request (on or before 1 JULY). AVZ 17/6

Reactions: 6 users

Roller62

Regular
Would the surface rights payment exclude the area the Tantalex tailings occupy? If so, it might take a while to calculate the surface rights payment.

I’ve noticed a couple of fairly recent articles on Tantalex (with some references to AVZ) which may be of interest to some here.

Tantelex will lose the PER over the tailings. Only the owners of the underlying concession can apply for an overlying PER.

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users

Bray

Regular
"There is no change to the anticipated timeframe for the completion of the subject of the initial trading halt request (on or before 1 JULY). AVZ 17/6
Do we honestly really believe this though

• Thinking

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bray

Regular
Are you suggesting Nigel can't keep to a timeline? 🤣
:ROFLMAO: Damn straight, prove us wrong Nige!!!

• Haha
Hotcrapper is down. This makes me laugh. Poor LKE holders today sorry for your loss.

DOW futures up. LIT ETF up solidly.
Keep that suspension going for a while Nigel. I think mid July lithium will start to rebound strongly. I pulled this date out of my rear-end.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Remark

Top 20
Can confirm...
1655794641327.png

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Hotcrapper is down. This makes me laugh. Poor LKE holders today sorry for your loss.

I'm getting internal server errors on a few different sites all completely unrelated to each other.

Reactions: 2 users

Remark

Top 20
I'm getting internal server errors on a few different sites all completely unrelated to each other.
I just checked a few sites and got the same errors. Downdetector is also down - a little bit of irony there....

Edit: The crapper is back up now :(

Reactions: 1 users

CashKing

Regular
I just checked a few sites and got the same errors. Downdetector is also down - a little bit of irony there....

Edit: The crapper is back up now :(
Yay we can read more of Davy Boy's crap again lol

• Haha
Top Bottom