AVZ Discussion 2022

Frank

Top 20

Here’s what Goldman got wrong about lithium prices

At the end of May, Goldman Sachs rattled lithium stocks after the investment bank declared the battery metals bull market “over for now”.
blank.gif

Goldman called today’s lithium levels a “fundamental mispricing [that] has in turn generated an outsized supply response well ahead of the demand trend.”

Goldman predicted an average around $55,000 a tonne for this year, but its forecast for 2023 was particularly eye-raising – a very precise $16,372 a tonne.

The widely quoted report prompted a sell-off in lithium stocks, with heavy losses across the board. Many in the sector are still down by double digit percentage points since the report, damaged further by general market weakness.

In a new note, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence, a battery supply chain and price reporting agency, responded to Goldman’s central thesis that the lithium market is ready to “pivot towards a prolonged phase of surplus starting this year.”

Benchmark outlines five reasons why it feels the call was wrong:
  1. The low quality of China’s hard rock and brine resources means the industry cannot rely on feedstock from the country to meet market demand;
  2. “Capacity does not equal supply” with the example of Tianqi Lithium’s Kwinana refinery in Western Australia a case in point with a decade long path from announcement to full production (now targeted for 2025);
  3. New lithium supply comes at a higher cost base as deposits with unconventional mineralogy, lower grades, and higher strip ratios are developed and new, often smaller, converters struggle to keep costs down; :unsure:
  4. There is no single lithium price” – a large portion of the market is under long term fixed and variable price contracts, meaning it will take time for spot and contract prices to converge;
  5. A significant portion of chemical capacity is being used to reprocess material that does not meet downstream specifications – this “merely represents lower efficiency production rather than the introduction of new lithium units to market.”
Benchmark expects the market will remain in structural shortage until 2025 and expects changes to pricing mechanisms and increasing contract deals:

“As the market wrestles between long-term supply security to fuel the lithium ion economy, and increasingly market-led pricing mechanisms to incentivise supply growth, the era of lithium market volatility is likely just beginning.”

Click here for the full note at Benchmark.

End of new diesel and petrol vehicles from 2035 in Europe

MEPs on Wednesday adopted a ban on the sale of new CO2-emitting cars.

States have yet to decide. Defenders of the measure hail a "historic" decision, a "revolution".

Europe is moving up a gear. The end of sales of new cars with thermal engines is recorded from 2035.

Applause and expressions of relief resounded in the hemicycle of the European Parliament at the end of the day on Wednesday when the result of the vote fell.

Until the last moment, the uncertainty was palpable in the electric atmosphere that reigned in Strasbourg since the rejection, a few hours earlier, of the proposal on the reform of the emissions quota market.

The European Parliament aligns itself with the European Commission's proposal.

In negotiations with the Member States, MEPs will defend the zero emission policy for new cars and vans from 2035.

Only new vehicles with electric batteries or hydrogen can be sold.

To prepare for this, car manufacturers will have to reduce the CO2 emissions of their new cars by 55% from 2030 (50% for utility vehicles).

#ItsOn.jpg

The-future-is-Electric.png

Understanding-Change-Where-Paradigms-.jpg

Mining.png

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono 🚘🔋(y)

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 25 users

BEISHA

Top 20

Here’s what Goldman got wrong about lithium prices

At the end of May, Goldman Sachs rattled lithium stocks after the investment bank declared the battery metals bull market “over for now”.
blank.gif

Goldman called today’s lithium levels a “fundamental mispricing [that] has in turn generated an outsized supply response well ahead of the demand trend.”

Goldman predicted an average around $55,000 a tonne for this year, but its forecast for 2023 was particularly eye-raising – a very precise $16,372 a tonne.

The widely quoted report prompted a sell-off in lithium stocks, with heavy losses across the board. Many in the sector are still down by double digit percentage points since the report, damaged further by general market weakness.

In a new note, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence, a battery supply chain and price reporting agency, responded to Goldman’s central thesis that the lithium market is ready to “pivot towards a prolonged phase of surplus starting this year.”

Benchmark outlines five reasons why it feels the call was wrong:
  1. The low quality of China’s hard rock and brine resources means the industry cannot rely on feedstock from the country to meet market demand;
  2. “Capacity does not equal supply” with the example of Tianqi Lithium’s Kwinana refinery in Western Australia a case in point with a decade long path from announcement to full production (now targeted for 2025);
  3. New lithium supply comes at a higher cost base as deposits with unconventional mineralogy, lower grades, and higher strip ratios are developed and new, often smaller, converters struggle to keep costs down; :unsure:
  4. There is no single lithium price” – a large portion of the market is under long term fixed and variable price contracts, meaning it will take time for spot and contract prices to converge;
  5. A significant portion of chemical capacity is being used to reprocess material that does not meet downstream specifications – this “merely represents lower efficiency production rather than the introduction of new lithium units to market.”
Benchmark expects the market will remain in structural shortage until 2025 and expects changes to pricing mechanisms and increasing contract deals:

“As the market wrestles between long-term supply security to fuel the lithium ion economy, and increasingly market-led pricing mechanisms to incentivise supply growth, the era of lithium market volatility is likely just beginning.”

Click here for the full note at Benchmark.

End of new diesel and petrol vehicles from 2035 in Europe

MEPs on Wednesday adopted a ban on the sale of new CO2-emitting cars.

States have yet to decide. Defenders of the measure hail a "historic" decision, a "revolution".

Europe is moving up a gear. The end of sales of new cars with thermal engines is recorded from 2035.

Applause and expressions of relief resounded in the hemicycle of the European Parliament at the end of the day on Wednesday when the result of the vote fell.

Until the last moment, the uncertainty was palpable in the electric atmosphere that reigned in Strasbourg since the rejection, a few hours earlier, of the proposal on the reform of the emissions quota market.

The European Parliament aligns itself with the European Commission's proposal.

In negotiations with the Member States, MEPs will defend the zero emission policy for new cars and vans from 2035.

Only new vehicles with electric batteries or hydrogen can be sold.

To prepare for this, car manufacturers will have to reduce the CO2 emissions of their new cars by 55% from 2030 (50% for utility vehicles).

View attachment 8906

View attachment 8904

View attachment 8905

View attachment 8903

Food for thought on the Road to Mining Manono 🚘🔋(y)
You are on fire Frank, keep up the good posting....(y)

Meanwhile, in reality land, DOW down another 600pts overnight, confirming my call that another 1000pts would drop this week, there is talk that GLOBALLY, inflation is around 8.5%, chain supply issues with COVID plus the war on Ukraine doing the damage clearly.

Russia / Ukraine supply 30% of the worlds fertiliser, wheat, sunflower oil ( 75% ), all necessary items for food supply, countries like Africa rely on those supplies desperately, this is creating what alot of pundits believe will be a massive food crisis , famine etc.

Of course, those mongrels from Russia have all the waters booby trapped with mines, so no freight is possible, clearly holding the WORLD to RANSOM.

How is the DRC coping ?

I said it once on HC ( which got me banned ) and i will say it again, PUTIN needs a bullet thru his smug face !!

The world has gone to crap, stock markets have gone to crap, on top of all that , my COMMSEC IRESS is non operational due to a power shortage...............did they pay their bill ?

FFS, who needs a chart anyway, when everything is in free fall...............:eek::eek:

AVZ aint tho...........🙏🙏🙏

shaking-my-head-sigh.gif

not happy.gif

Overall tho....................NOT HAPPY JAN !!

imo

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 21 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Someone mentioned a while ago, the suspension assists greatly in negotiating the 15%, given Nigel wants to offer AVZ shares as a part of the deal. He needed to stop the rout somehow, a plan so cunning, you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel :love::love::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::devilish:

1654830158934.gif

Thanks for the chuckle Xerof

Classic

Needed that!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

OmarsCominYo

Emerged

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Just curious if anyone here has access to the GPS/GIS mapping system on a Bloomberg terminal? I believe their data is one of the most up to date satellite products around. If there is anything better, even better. Africa/centric.

• Thinking

cruiser51

Top 20
"Congo Hold-Up": a preliminary investigation for money laundering opened in France
Thursday 9 June 2022 - 06:50
Economy
FacebookTwitterLinkedInE-mailMessengerWhatsAppShare
congo heist

congo heist

A preliminary investigation for "aggravated laundering of embezzlement of public funds" was opened in Paris after the complaint of associations following the revelations of the "Congo Hold-Up" report on possible embezzlement of public funds, indicated the National Financial Prosecutor's Office ( PNF) Wednesday.

https://www.cqu.edu.au/courses/stud...hQKKK82TAKWVd9KaVHsHjI3myC_4Vgo5rCiwqit-4HPAQ
by Taboola

In December, a coalition of media and NGOs published an investigation based on 3.5 million confidential bank documents from the Gabonese bank BGFI, obtained by the online media Mediapart and the NGO "Platform for the protection of launchers Alert in Africa (PPLAAF)".
It implicated the clan of the former president of the Democratic Republic of Congo Joseph Kabila.

Following a complaint filed jointly by the associations Unis, Transparency International and Sherpa, the PNF confirmed to AFP the information from Mediapart according to which it "has just opened" a preliminary investigation, entrusted to the Service d'Enquêtes Judiciaux des finance (SEJF).

The complaint mainly targeted the activities of the Paris-based bank BGFI Europe.
Mediapart indicated that this French subsidiary of the Gabonese bank BGFI had "transmitted, as a correspondent bank, tens of millions of dollars of suspicious transactions related to cases of corruption and embezzlement of public funds revealed by the investigations +Congo Hold- up+."
Among the operations targeted by the complaint, the validation by BGFI Europe of at least 32 transfers which would have been made or received by the Congolese company Sud Oil, for a total of more than 14 million dollars.
This company is suspected of having been "at the heart of the system which allowed the Kabila family to embezzle 138 million dollars of public money", according to Mediapart.

BGFI Gabon did not wish to comment on this investigation, "as it concerns a subsidiary".
BGFI Europe did not respond to requests from AFP.

“It is an investigation which was essential, to the extent of the exceptional evidence revealed by Congo Hold”, welcomed the lawyers of the associations, Mes William Bourdon and Henri Thulliez.
“At the heart of the investigation, it is the engineering of a bank which was decisive in a transnational system of systemic evaporation of public resources for gigantic amounts”, they estimated.

Mr. Kabila's lawyers had indicated in December that the latter "reserved the right to file a complaint" against a "Congo Hold-Up" file riddled with "malicious insinuations of rare aggressiveness".
Aged 51 today, Joseph Kabila became president in 2001. The current head of state and former opponent Félix Tshisekedi succeeded him in early 2019.

AFP with ACTUALITE.CD

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Bin59

Regular

Reactions: 14 users

I am a little confused here, the shorthand on twitter often confuses me. Even in the 30-40 age bracket this makes me feel old, old, old.

Is this suggesting that AVZ does not hold 75% and that the Dathomir register shows Zijin Mining Co with a 15% ownership of Dathomir? I am sorry, this must be the most stupid question of your day.

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Bin59

Regular
Not sure how to edit after I post, but just want to acknowledge the above tweet was posted by Winenut on HC - cheers!

Reactions: 1 users

tonster66

Regular
I am a little confused here, the shorthand on twitter often confuses me. Even in the 30-40 age bracket this makes me feel old, old, old.

Is this suggesting that AVZ does not hold 75% and that the Dathomir register shows Zijin Mining Co with a 15% ownership of Dathomir? I am sorry, this must be the most stupid question of your day.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Not sure how to edit after I post, but just want to acknowledge the above tweet posted by Winenut on HC - cheers!

1654836343284.png

No 3 minute time limit like on the crapper either

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bin59

Regular

I see what you’re getting at - these are the posts that followed that adds more light to their comments:

1654837459284.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users
Well after getting posts modded here last week for bringing up some political agendas the mod here decided to make this website basically unusable for me, without any warning whatsoever he's implemented diversions to 'rickrolling' when I try to refresh a page or look at messages sent to me etc, and maybe every 5th attempt to read the site will work(with huge delays). As funny as it might of been the first time, after days of trying to read the site u can imagine I'm well and truly over it. This is well beyond even crapper modding, zero warnings, and just total nutcase modding. I guess the mod was upset I had a laugh at the pregnant men lefty agenda, so I hereby wish the mod all the best with his pregnancy.

Oh well, back to the crapper I go
That seems pretty strange mate?? I saw @zeeb0t 's message and I figured it was just a casual 'please use the lounge to discuss those topics', fair enough. Is there something amiss here Zee?

Is this both on mobile and pc browsers?

Please stay 🙏 😘

Reactions: 8 users

zeeb0t

Administrator
Staff member
That seems pretty strange mate?? I saw @zeeb0t 's message and I figured it was just a casual 'please use the lounge to discuss those topics', fair enough. Is there something amiss here Zee?

Is this both on mobile and pc browsers?

Please stay 🙏 😘

This is because of the volume of messages that had to be moderated due to violation of the rules. @ohreally I have turned off the “discourage” mode you are experienced, and I hope you commit once more to trying to contribute to constructive and most importantly on-topic conversation.

By the way, this is automated. I did not single you out. It’s a result of the number of moderated posts that were off topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 31 users
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Never thought that sniffing glue could sound so appealing! Inception there wino. Thanks for helping to keep us all smiling.
My apologies Frank - should have posted before cracking open the glue

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Azzler

Top 20
This is because of the volume of messages that had to be moderated due to violation of the rules. @ohreally I have turned off the “discourage” mode you are experienced, and I hope you commit once more to trying to contribute to constructive and most importantly on-topic conversation.

By the way, this is automated. I did not single you out. It’s a result of the number of moderated posts that were off topic.
If it saved us from batshit crazy content, we thank you Zee! :)

Reactions: 17 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Not sure how to edit after I post, but just want to acknowledge the above tweet was posted by Winenut on HC - cheers!

I did????

You sure :unsure:

• Haha

Bin59

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Top Bottom