AVZ Discussion 2022

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
View attachment 71216

Hey Lenny, what I make out of it is on the list you go for a free copy of Contract Law for DUMMIES with Cong and sydneyguy

You’re a disgrace to CA’s everywhere fat boy

Oh and by the way, that article you keep copy and pasting is wrong. ‘The clerk’ aka Papalas Musagi Wabulasa’s sentence wasn’t suspended it was cancelled as the appeal judge found that his conviction was not established 'in fact as in law' LMFAO

View attachment 71210
View attachment 71212

I can't recall seeing anything about GJ's appeal. Did he get the same courtesy as PAPALAS?

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 users
I can't recall seeing anything about GJ's appeal. Did he get the same courtesy as PAPALAS?
Need for immediate arrest stopped. Dathcom’s damages bill reduced from 50m to 25m.

This is now pending appeal to the DRC Supreme Court which is on hold while the ICC does its thing

Important to remember that this was a criminal trial and appeal regarding whether the creation of the updated share certificate was valid. Even the original judge repeatedly says that this needs to go through arbitration to determine the merits. His and the appeal judge’s view is that Dathcom should have initiated the arbitration rather than proceeding with the lodging of the share transfer instruments but they are both wrong about that imo

backalleygonnabackalley.png

Last edited:
  • Fire
Reactions: 15 users

wombat74

Top 20
Anyone know approx the kind of coin $$$ we are going to need to get to the end on the legal process ? Will the DRC/China then have to pay AVZ legal costs once they get their arses kicked ?

Last edited:

Mr_Tones83

Regular
How long is a piece of string!?
Award of costs will be determined on final resolution and depend on the strength of the oppositions' cases (as far as we all know extremely weak). We would likely get awarded majority of costs, but the lawyers will need to be paid along the way rather than all at the end (also subject to their ability to pay costs).
Anyone know approx the kind of coin $$$ we are going to need to get to the end on the legal process ? Will the DRC/China then have to pay AVZ legal costs once they get their arses kicked ?

Reactions: 7 users

wombat74

Top 20
Award of costs will be determined on final resolution and depend on the strength of the oppositions' cases (as far as we all know extremely weak). We would likely get awarded majority of costs, but the lawyers will need to be paid along the way rather than all at the end (also subject to their ability to pay costs).
Cheers . Cong and Jin Cheng are not short of a quid . They can pay .

Reactions: 6 users

Doc

Master of Quan
We were awarded legal costs last July I think it was, to the tune of 800k if memory serves me correct. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a cent of this come in on the books.
Even when we have a legal win and awarded costs they just ignore it. Have AVZ chased this money?

• Thinking
Reactions: 10 users
Not sure exactly but I reckon the 20m USD agreed with Locke should cover it. 9card told us that a significant part of the costs for legal was in prep work and that can be used between the cases so funds needed on that end should be reduced moving forward. But obvs paying 7 board members to '2030 and beyond' (funny no one got up in his grill for saying that lol) is going to be a drain on the purse imo
allin.png

Reactions: 14 users

Mr_Tones83

Regular
We were awarded legal costs last July I think it was, to the tune of 800k if memory serves me correct. Can’t say I’ve ever seen a cent of this come in on the books.
Even when we have a legal win and awarded costs they just ignore it. Have AVZ chased this money?
No idea on whether it's been paid or not, but I'm sure they're not going to forget about it.

Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
These could be questions for deboss in his new role .:unsure:

• Fire
Reactions: 10 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer

For $1 per year I don't think deboss will be answering any questions

• Haha

Remark

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Reckon DeBoss will be getting on with some bulk/high return activities while at the same time making sure all of us Mum and Dad investors are looked after with comms and updates

I'm really appreciative he has offered his services for basically nothing and is working on behalf of all us fish....big and small

It means a lot

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 27 users
It's a good play by Deboss, should AVZ do well and remain alive as a company, I'm sure he'd get voted in on the board should he put his hand up

Goat

Regular
Not sure exactly but I reckon the 20m USD agreed with Locke should cover it. 9card told us that a significant part of the costs for legal was in prep work and that can be used between the cases so funds needed on that end should be reduced moving forward. But obvs paying 7 board members to '2030 and beyond' (funny no one got up in his grill for saying that lol) is going to be a drain on the purse imo
View attachment 71307
There hasn't been a mention of Locke for a while now, I don't think it's proceeding unless it's all happening behind the scenes under darkness.

Goldenboy

For $1 per year I don't think deboss will be answering any questions
Wrong !!

Reactions: 1 users

CashKing

Regular
It's a good play by Deboss, should AVZ do well and remain alive as a company, I'm sure he'd get voted in on the board should he put his hand up
Kinda feels like a Langford thing but hopefully I’m wrong as Deboss actually gives a shit and has been to site.

Wait so did Langford a while back 😱

Let’s see what he’s got 👍

I just want this mess cleaned up and sorted as so we all I’m sure.

Btw JAG your lawns overdue mate, No money in meter box, No Money No Honey hahaha..

Hope all well bro 👍 😎

GLATH

• Haha

Roon

Regular
There hasn't been a mention of Locke for a while now, I don't think it's proceeding unless it's all happening behind the scenes under darkness.

I'm guessing we had told Locke they'd be first in line for any recouped cash, and that Locke considered the 20m sitting in escrow as the most likely form of on-hand security for their loan (due to likelihood of Cong losing out at ICC and needing to pay compensation), but as those funds may now have gone up in smoke we are at a loss to provide Locke with any collateral for their loan.

I'm guessing we had told Locke they'd be first in line for any recouped cash, and that Locke considered the 20m sitting in escrow as the most likely form of on-hand security for their loan (due to likelihood of Cong losing out at ICC and needing to pay compensation), but as those funds may now have gone up in smoke we are at a loss to provide Locke with any collateral for their loan.
I’ve been saying this for a long time. The requests for escrow balance checks from AVZ to Christian Lukusa line up 1 to 3 weeks before Locke updates in official announcements and the first mention of the need for an ‘appropriate security package for the facility’ was just 6 days after ‘Mr Lukusa demonstrated suspicious resistance’ to communicating information relating to the account. Nothing else makes sense imo

October 30, 2023: At the request of AVZ a Rawbank account statement showing a balance of USD 20,053,000.57 was provided by Mr Lukusa

November 17, 2023: Binding Term Sheet Signed for Funding Facility of up to US$20,000,000 - AVZ will provide access to relevant due diligence materials to Locke to advance towards the execution of a formal agreement to effect the Funding Facility

March 14, 2024: Again at the request of AVZ a Rawbank account statement showing a balance of USD 20,036,427.02 was provided by Mr Lukusa

April 2, 2024: Extension of Exclusive Due Diligence Period for US$20 Million Facility with Locke Capital - Locke has substantially advanced its due diligence process and is now working through a relatively small number of outstanding issues

June 14, 2024: Further Extension of Exclusive Due Diligence Period for US$20 Million Facility with Locke - The Company advises that it continues to work closely with Locke to close out a relatively small number of outstanding issues to finalise the litigation funding facility

July 24, 2024: Mr Lukusa demonstrated suspicious resistance claiming that the request made in the context of the formal notice of July 22, 2024 would violate the banking secrecy applicable to Rawbank

July 30, 2024: Continuing Negotiations with Locke - AVZ advises that negotiations between AVZ and Locke in respect of a formal agreement for a funding facility are continuing including in relation to an appropriate security package for the facility

August 27, 2024: AVZ has raised A$1.4 million via an initial issuance of unsecured convertible notes - Negotiations between AVZ and Locke in respect of a formal agreement for a litigation funding facility are continuing including in relation to an appropriate security package for the facility

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

wombat74

Top 20
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest this "jumping for joy "/ "exciting developments " news about to drop in the coming week or so has something to do with securing funding .

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Flight996

Regular
According to AVZ, the missing $US20m belongs to Cong Mao Huai as payment for his 15% of Dathcom.

According to Cong Mao Huai and the DRC criminal court, the missing $US20m belongs to AVZ as returned payment for his 15% of Dathcom.

Regardless of who actually owns the $US20m, its ownership has been in dispute since 2021. Therefore it could never (prudently) be used as security for Locke or any other debt facility. When this is viewed through the lens of AVZ's only other significant asset, the disputed tenement PR 13559, unfortunately there is not much that AVZ can offer a financier, which is not already encumbered or in dispute.

However, all is not lost. Given Cong's well-established contacts in Kinshasa's seedy underbelly, he should be able to locate and retrieve (somebody's) $US20m in a heartbeat, and in the process possibly moderate Christian Lusaka's boyish enthusiasm.

With the benefit of hindsight, I reckon Cong Mao might regret not pocketing the $US20m and relinquishing his 15% stake in Dathcom.

Just musing on a wet Friday afternoon.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Top Bottom