AVZ Discussion 2022

ptlas

Regular
There are many ways our politicians or PM could put pressure on the DRC or to help give the negotiations a "bump". Correct me if i'm wrong but we have publicly seen ministers or delegations from EU,US & China make public statements & travel to the DRC. Other than our ambassador (Based out of zimbabwe lol & that took long enough to happen) i don't think there have been any aus ministers that have gone over there trying to help? All we have heard or seen is that they "continue to follow and monitor the case" i.e fuckall and watching from a distance.

Like Samus said above, China as a whole is continuing to hemorrhage the global critical mineral industry and in doing so is affecting other australia businesses/industries but the entire west is too focused on trying to be inclusive, diverse, equitable and politically correct rather than showing force to actually combat china. makes me sick watching it happen in realtime.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”​

There will inevitably be western pressure being exerted for such a massive and critical resource.
'The West' has long since woken up to China's aims and MO.
I remember discussing China's shenanigans with a mate 5 or 6 years ago, before they messed with Oz, as he complained about their effect on his business. I just said the west will gang up on China when they wake up.
That is already happening, but needs to increase.

The Lobito corridor is not being financed out of altruism.

China ( and by that I mean the CCP - which is behind this ) are probably hoping that incrementally making it more difficult for AVZ, whilst also attempting to attain a fait accompli on the ground, will win this war.

The corrupt DRC politicians are just in it for personal and , importantly, clan gain which is why they have no fear of being held to account. Ever.
If they are, then they'll do an Idi Amin.
Google him.

So now we wait.
Personally, I think that we will win this as AVZ will not be allowed to go bust.

The two pertinent questions are:
How long will this process take?
and what will our shares be worth / what payout will we get?
That I'm not confident about.

The next elephant in the room is the AGM in only 10 or 12 weeks.
I wonder how many shares have changed hands and what carnage that will allow our enemies to cause.

• Thinking
Reactions: 16 users

ptlas

Regular
BTW
If anyone thinks FT, or anyone else, is gonna turn from a poacher to a gamekeeper then google prostitution and Davos, for starters.
See what goes down

Suppose, he spends his evenings snorting Coke from a hooker's rs.
And suppose that hooker is a lady-boy.
And suppose the Chinese have filmed it.
But that wouldn't happen.

There seems to be much ongoing naivety here about the actions of confirmed bad actors.

Leopards and spots.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

robface

Regular
There are many ways our politicians or PM could put pressure on the DRC or to help give the negotiations a "bump". Correct me if i'm wrong but we have publicly seen ministers or delegations from EU,US & China make public statements & travel to the DRC. Other than our ambassador (Based out of zimbabwe lol & that took long enough to happen) i don't think there have been any aus ministers that have gone over there trying to help? All we have heard or seen is that they "continue to follow and monitor the case" i.e fuckall and watching from a distance.

Like Samus said above, China as a whole is continuing to hemorrhage the global critical mineral industry and in doing so is affecting other australia businesses/industries but the entire west is too focused on trying to be inclusive, diverse, equitable and politically correct rather than showing force to actually combat china. makes me sick watching it happen in realtime.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”​

You said there are many ways Aus can put pressure on the DRC but then didn't list any? 🤔

Any sanction/crime the President or officials would care about would need to get the approval/action of the US Government.

Reactions: 1 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
FT won't be stepping in and saving anyone or anything but his own arse in this particular affair

He is the absolute head of a very large and extremely corrupt clan of snakes

I have seen no evidence thus far to the contrary

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
FT won't be stepping in and saving anyone or anything but his own arse in this particular affair

He is the absolute head of a very large and extremely corrupt clan of snakes

I have seen no evidence thus far to the contrary
Not a fucking swearword to be seen. What the fucks wrong with you:sneaky::sneaky:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Not a fucking swearword to be seen. What the fucks wrong with you:sneaky::sneaky:
Quiet resignation...😞

and for correctness it's "fuck's" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Jazz

Regular
BTW
If anyone thinks FT, or anyone else, is gonna turn from a poacher to a gamekeeper then google prostitution and Davos, for starters.
See what goes down

Suppose, he spends his evenings snorting Coke from a hooker's rs.
And suppose that hooker is a lady-boy.
And suppose the Chinese have filmed it.
But that wouldn't happen.

There seems to be much ongoing naivety here about the actions of confirmed bad actors.

Leopards and spots.
1725513705863.png

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
Quiet resignation...😞

and for correctness it's "fuck's" :ROFLMAO:
I should retort with fuck's off, but that's probably wrong too

edit: quickly fixes the thats to that's :oops::oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
nice spat between der giest and Jens/ Con on X

everyone tripping over their ego's

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20

I also think our politicians should be calling out the Chinese for their blatant corruption and theft but they're too busy slurping the shit out of Chinese arse.
China are developing a strangle hold on multiple supply chains for critical minerals for the energy transition, already they seem to have almost a monopoly on ev production as a result with even well known European and American brands being manufactured in China.
Stategic deposits like Manono shouldn't be let to slip away so easily.
DRC could learn a lot from Australian mining as well and break away from the strangle hold the Chinese have on them.
The Chinese simply take what they want and throw the corrupt elites a few snacks as they plunder the resources of shit box countries like the DRC. They need to be held to account for this type of attitude and be sanctioned for continued bad behaviour.
They're a pack of lowlife thieving assholes who'll tread on anybody if it benefits them, renowned for their ruthless and immoral business practices, a culture of thieving pigs.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

Panther22

Regular
I also think our politicians should be calling out the Chinese for their blatant corruption and theft but they're too busy slurping the shit out of Chinese arse.
China are developing a strangle hold on multiple supply chains for critical minerals for the energy transition, already they seem to have almost a monopoly on ev production as a result with even well known European and American brands being manufactured in China.
DRC could learn a lot from Australian mining as well and break away from the strangle hold the Chinese have on them.
The Chinese simply take what they want and throw the corrupt elites a few snacks as they plunder the resources of shit box countries like the DRC. They need to be held to account for this type of attitude and be sanctioned for continued bad behaviour.
They're a pack of lowlife thieving assholes who'll tread on anybody if it benefits them, renowned for their ruthless and immoral business practices, a culture of thieving pigs.
This is the problem, China simply ignore rulings or decisions. Have a look at the Spratley islands decision in favour of the Phillipines. China simply says the decision is null and void and NOTHING has happened since and this decision was in July 2016 by The Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague constituted by the UN Convention of Law of the Sea who say their decision is final and binding. No follow up, no further penalties, nothing.
This is what the World faces in every aspect where China is involved. They do it their way without consequence so if anyone thinks the Australian Government is going to say or do anything about our situation you are dreaming, we all are.

• Sad

Frank

Top 20
At the DRC-China Economic Forum: Kizito PAKABOMBA reveals to investors the opportunities of the Congolese mining sector

The considerable assets of the Congolese mining sector were highlighted during the DRC-China Economic Forum held on Tuesday, September 3, 2024, in Beijing.

Very determined to bail out his sector, the Minister of Mines, Kizito PAKABOMBA, also presented to Chinese investors the many opportunities to be seized in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

He also reminded the participants in the Beijing forum that the mining sector is the main driver of economic growth and development in the DRC, directly contributing to the well-being of the populations. :unsure:

Given the advantages of the mining sector, Kizito PAKABOMBA particularly insisted on the need to keep it attractive and competitive, capable of attracting foreign investment, particularly Chinese. :rolleyes:

During a dedicated panel, the Minister invited Chinese investors to explore the opportunities offered in various areas such as digital, agriculture, sustainable infrastructure and cities, energy, manufacturing industries as well as the exploitation and local processing of natural resources.

"The mineral resources of the DRC are mostly underexploited or unexploited.

This reality has led the Government, through the Ministry of Mines, to adopt a development strategy based on three approaches: the discovery of new deposits, adding value to commercial mining products, and promoting investments in basic infrastructure," said Kizito PAKABOMBA.

He insisted on the fact that these approaches open up promising prospects for investors who see the DRC as a favorable destination for the development of profitable and sustainable projects.

Very lucid in his presentation, the Minister of Mines unveiled several strategic projects identified and budgeted, for which investors are actively sought.

These projects include:

- the establishment of a steelmaking entity in the great Orientale Province and in Kasai.
- the development of phosphate resources in Kongo-Central.
- the installation of a pyrometallurgical entity for the treatment of 3T.
- the development of geothermal deposits.

- the exploitation of common construction materials and industrial minerals.

- the establishment of a plant for the treatment of impure cobalt hydroxide to produce precursors for energy storage in lithium-ion batteries.

- the creation of a plant for the production of electrolytic manganese dioxide for the manufacture of batteries.

- the exploitation of nickel-chrome in Nkonko and Lutshatsha in the province of Kasai-Central, where resources have been estimated at 800 million tonnes of nickel ore at an average grade of 1.10%, and 13 million tonnes of chrome ore at a grade of 3.5%.

This first DRC-China economic forum, which opened on Monday, September 2 in Beijing, marks a crucial step in bilateral relations between the two countries. :rolleyes:

Bringing together more than 300 Chinese and Congolese participants, this event demonstrates the DRC's commitment to strengthening its ties with China for sustainable and inclusive economic development. :rolleyes:

China, through some of its companies, has already been present in the Democratic Republic of Congo for several years, where it has been investing in the mining sector. :rolleyes:

Several contracts were rediscussed and signed between the Congolese and Chinese governments last year.

mediacongo

• Sad
Reactions: 7 users

Pokok

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mute22

Regular
848 days since AVZ went into suspension.

1725523030713.png

• Sad
  • Haha

Bonsoir

Regular
So if we can’t get any traction with the Australian government, how do we 20,000 strong share holders shame these cunts, chinese and drc and throw the Australian government in there as well. How do we get some attention ?

• Thinking

Jazz

Regular
So if we can’t get any traction with the Australian government, how do we 20,000 strong share holders shame these cunts, chinese and drc and throw the Australian government in there as well. How do we get some attention ?
A coordinated and proactive, rather than reactive, presence on social and traditional media. A firm and fact based rebutal of false and misleading commentary on the company. Avoiding defamatory comments that are not fact based.

Many of you are doing a great job of this.

• Fire

Scoota30

Regular
You said there are many ways Aus can put pressure on the DRC but then didn't list any? 🤔

Any sanction/crime the President or officials would care about would need to get the approval/action of the US Government.
They could start by sending a delegation that isn't just the ambassador to Zimbabwe and then they could grow some balls and speak publicly about the issue. Apparently the deposit is of "national interest" when the FIRB knocked back Yibins offer but there's been no other public comment on the issue apart from when Pauline said she would look into it but we didn't hear anything after that either?

The carrot or the stick metaphor also comes to mind but it seems like the DRC are the ones dangling the carrot for the last few years, it was time for the stick after last year's AGM or at least now that they're clearly ignoring ICSID orders.

• Fire
Reactions: 11 users

BEISHA

Top 20
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

robface

Regular
They could start by sending a delegation that isn't just the ambassador to Zimbabwe and then they could grow some balls and speak publicly about the issue. Apparently the deposit is of "national interest" when the FIRB knocked back Yibins offer but there's been no other public comment on the issue apart from when Pauline said she would look into it but we didn't hear anything after that either?

The carrot or the stick metaphor also comes to mind but it seems like the DRC are the ones dangling the carrot for the last few years, it was time for the stick after last year's AGM or at least now that they're clearly ignoring ICSID orders.
I share your frustration but there is fuck all Aus gov can do that they would care about.

Pathetic they got involved at FIRB then dropped it like a bag of potatoes.

Any influence needs to be from USA or EU.

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 6 users
Top Bottom