AVZ Discussion 2022

SilentOne

Regular
All things considered, id like to actually see any evidence of anything at all from Nigel and the team. Working like dogs. To do exactly what????? Serious question? Because it’s not to develop relationships is it? It’s not to create a basis of trust by being on country and near the mine and protecting the land that is ours? Is it? It’s not to develop media relationships so people can experience the other side of the story not just Tommy narrative. I mean fuck if I had millions in the bank and a performance bonus in my pocket. I’d be rallying media to expose Tommy as a fraud, expose zinjin as in breach of whatever the fuck it is they are breaching, and reminding the aus govt that the largest deposit of lithium is about to slip through their hands. While I appreciate screaming into the vacuum on X (and I do it regularly) I don’t think it’s worth the binary it’s printed on. But hey, all I fucking do is work for a living so who am I to say what these guys should be doing.
RHyNO,

You know how a Board operates and until things are signed, sealed and delivered the Board is not likely to report on those things - especially if they are commercially sensitive. Just because we don't see something happening doesn't mean its not happening. I refer you back to Nigel's share holdings and he definitely has skin in the game.

Unfortunately, it looks as though we are going to have to wait for the ICC & ICSID announcements and again I suspect you know this too.

You would also be aware that the DRC has exceptionally high sovereign risk and I suspect you know this.

I dont believe you to be a fool so that makes me wonder.

Regards,

SilentOne

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

wombat74

Top 20
For those that do not circulate on X. Did anyone else receive this offer ?

1725431276897.png

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users

JasonM

Regular
All things considered, id like to actually see any evidence of anything at all from Nigel and the team. Working like dogs. To do exactly what????? Serious question? Because it’s not to develop relationships is it? It’s not to create a basis of trust by being on country and near the mine and protecting the land that is ours? Is it? It’s not to develop media relationships so people can experience the other side of the story not just Tommy narrative. I mean fuck if I had millions in the bank and a performance bonus in my pocket. I’d be rallying media to expose Tommy as a fraud, expose zinjin as in breach of whatever the fuck it is they are breaching, and reminding the aus govt that the largest deposit of lithium is about to slip through their hands. While I appreciate screaming into the vacuum on X (and I do it regularly) I don’t think it’s worth the binary it’s printed on. But hey, all I fucking do is work for a living so who am I to say what these guys should be doing.
Rhyno, the strategy being pursued by AVZ is to negotiate an outcome, failing that, I suspect to then close up shop and pursue legal outcome via ICC/ICISD. I think this should be well understood by everyone by now. I dont think funding is an issue anymore, they've bunkered down for the long haul and will be able to see litigation through if it comes to that.

Negotiations arent going to be disclosed until a deal is done and we arent going to get any updates of note as that will only help our detractors. We just have to trust Nigel and the team and for what little its worth, I continue to do so.

I'm confident if the negotiations dont deliver a positive outcome for shareholders then we will be informed and then we'll all know that we'll need to wait 2+ years to receive any form of settlement via the courts. So until then, we need to wait and I know thats the hard part, we've all been waiting 2+years and its painful for all of us. I do believe though Nigel is in the best position and doing his best to get a positive outcome, so hard as it may be, we all need to stay strong.

regards

• Fire
Reactions: 15 users

Remark

Top 20
In Nigel we trust🙏

1725434297250.jpeg

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

wombat74

Top 20

View attachment 68930
This might explain the offer I received for 20 cents by what now appears to be a 3rd party . Initial offer was 15 cents .

Last edited:
  • Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
What happened to the 1cent offers? Now 35c? Sounds a little bit desperate to me 🤔

• Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 15 users
This might explain the offer I received for 20 cents by what now appears to be a 3rd party . Initial offer was 15 cents .
Who is the 3rd party?

Reactions: 3 users

Rediah

Regular

View attachment 68930

If that is true (unlikely) , why would they want to buy AVZ shares? There has to be a reason if they want to even pay a cent for it let alone 35c, that AVZ is not dead? right?

• Fire
Reactions: 13 users

Chase

Regular
Be Nigel in September 2024:

>Wakeup, rollover and check phone for a missed call from the Honourable Penny Wong after emailing office her 2 years ago. Nothing yet, feeling good about tomorrow though!
>Get out of bed and take a stroll through my multi-million dollar 9-bedroom home overlooking the Swan River, hope the seagulls haven’t soiled my 3 boats moored out front again. I’ll have to do another cap raise!
> Jeeves has prepared my usual breakfast, a pineapple fruit salad with pineapple juice and black coffee, a delicious Congolese blend I picked up when I was last in country 3 years ago. Take my pineapple suppository, gotta be healthy.
>Put on my bullet proof vest, and climb into my AVZ funded armoured assault vehicle to push through the mum and dad investors lining my 14 car driveway. Don’t they understand I’m trying to save them?
>Arrive at the office, it’s just me and the intern now. Gotta cut back to save my salary somehow right?
> Boot up windows Vista.
> 12632 new investor emails last night, move that to my ‘to do’ folder, I’ll get to it one day..
>Check accounts payable, $6,773,088.76 overdue to lawyers - forward to the accountant to find some cash.
>Open word document, title it “AGM November 2024 escape routes and security measures”.
ugh I’ll give it to the intern to write my address to shareholders. Just need to make sure it’s long enough there isn’t room for question time.
> Open ICSID portal, enter login details.. “you are 283 in line for international justice, your case is important to us, please hold the line”
>Pull out my Xiomi mobile and open Westbank account - wicked my 40,000 a month pay check came in! Begin browsing Temu for knockoff uggboots.
Gold

Reactions: 2 users

Chase

Regular
For those that do not circulate on X. Did anyone else receive this

If that is true (unlikely) , why would they want to buy AVZ shares? There has to be a reason if they want to even pay a cent for it let alone 35c, that AVZ is not dead? right?
Ill take 35c if anyone wants to buy..pm me

Reactions: 5 users

wombat74

Top 20
Who is the 3rd party?
I have said previously there are those among us here on TSE I would not trust as far as I could drop kick them . I will leave it at that .

Reactions: 16 users

Samus

Top 20
Only Greenbushes is operating at a profit at the current lithium price. Seems like to me if the Chinese control the price operating Manono then the entire Australian lithium industry is pretty much fucked.
Fucking spineless government isn't doing anything about it.
While they reap what they sow with inaction we might be the only ones to make anything out of the lithium industry eventually through damages from the ICSID arbitration.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

TheCount

Regular
Reading between the lines, it was 35c for their entire holding not per share..
TC.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 28 users

robface

Regular
Only Greenbushes is operating at a profit at the current lithium price. Seems like to me if the Chinese control the price operating Manono then the entire Australian lithium industry is pretty much fucked.
Fucking spineless government isn't doing anything about it.
While they reap what they sow with inaction we might be the only ones to make anything out of the lithium industry eventually through damages from the ICSID arbitration.
Legally though what can they do until found guilty of something in court right?

DRC government would laugh at Aus trying to flex whatever power it thinks it has over there.

• Thinking

Scoota30

Regular
Legally though what can they do until found guilty of something in court right?

DRC government would laugh at Aus trying to flex whatever power it thinks it has over there.
There are many ways our politicians or PM could put pressure on the DRC or to help give the negotiations a "bump". Correct me if i'm wrong but we have publicly seen ministers or delegations from EU,US & China make public statements & travel to the DRC. Other than our ambassador (Based out of zimbabwe lol & that took long enough to happen) i don't think there have been any aus ministers that have gone over there trying to help? All we have heard or seen is that they "continue to follow and monitor the case" i.e fuckall and watching from a distance.

Like Samus said above, China as a whole is continuing to hemorrhage the global critical mineral industry and in doing so is affecting other australia businesses/industries but the entire west is too focused on trying to be inclusive, diverse, equitable and politically correct rather than showing force to actually combat china. makes me sick watching it happen in realtime.

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”​

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 24 users

wombat74

Top 20
Reading between the lines, it was 35c for their entire holding not per share..
TC.
It was an attempt to overthrow the BoD not buy up the company . The Chinese were prepared to throw several million $$ at it . IMO

Reactions: 5 users

Frank

Top 20

Critical minerals, Western security and the case for US leadership

As the world awaits the US Presidential election debate on 10 September, the two candidates Donald Trump and Kamala Harris might reflect on the words of President Dwight Eisenhower, seventy years ago, when he quipped “I have two kinds of problems, the urgent and the important.

The urgent are not important, and the important are never urgent”.
blank.gif

Eisenhower’s reflection came one year into his presidency. With an armistice ending the Korean War, he faced an economy emerging from recession, Communists occupying Hanoi and an obscure army officer, Gamal Abdel Nasser, seizing power in Egypt.

His quip became part of the lexicon of business and political leaders, seeking to distil long from short-term priorities amidst the blizzard of issues competing for their time.

Today, one strategic imperative for the US (and the West) is becoming increasingly urgent, namely the vulnerability of supply chains, and in particular the critical minerals vital for electric vehicles, battery storage and the wider energy transition.

The International Energy Agency estimates that we need an extra $800 billion of investment in new mining projects by 2040 to meet the 1.5 °C target.

To appreciate the scale of the challenge, compare critical minerals to oil, with its historically fraught impact on international relations.

Whilst no single country has more than a 15% share of oil supply, China has a more than 80% share in gallium, magnesium, tungsten, to take just three critical minerals – and controls almost all the mines in the Democratic Republic of Congo which produces over 70% of cobalt.

The West is 20 years behind China, which avails itself of the subsidies, price control and long-term planning that only a command economy can, creating a massive cost of capital disadvantage for Western investors.

In such a concentrated market, over-production – take nickel – can deflate the price artificially, undermining Western investment despite massive long-term demand. It is now a major geopolitical fault line, exposing Western vulnerability.

What plans do candidates Trump and Harris have to redress the balance?

There is bi-partisan support in the US Congress for the strategic goals of friend-shoring the extraction and refinement of critical minerals to bolster economic resilience.

The Rubio-Warner Global Strategy for Securing Critical Minerals Act 2024 proposes adding to the US government’s financial toolkit to leverage greater investment and expanding diplomatic initiatives to diversify supply chains.

Meanwhile, former President Trump’s vow to repeal the subsidy-funnelling Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) may be tempered by Congressional opposition. Recent analysis found that 80% of IRA investments have landed in Republican states.

My experience chairing, on behalf of Appian Capital Advisory, a group of investors advising US policy-makers via the organisation Securing America’s Future Energy, suggests an effective strategy requires three pillars. First, stronger policy levers to level the playing field.

The current US administration is considering demand-side tools like contracts-for-difference, fixed price floors, and loan guarantees to try to off-set the cost of capital disadvantage Western firms face.

The aim of promoting a race to the top – with the highest ESG standards in mining reflected in investor pricing – is laudable.

It remains to be seen how such a ‘premium’ market would work in practice, and whether it would be attractive to developing countries currently benefiting from China’s Belt and Road investments.

Whatever the mix of grants, loans, guarantees, tariffs, export restrictions and other tools, mitigating CapEx costs is the greatest conundrum.

Second, friend-shoring needs to be more ambitious.

The US, let alone its allies, cannot be individually self-sufficient. We need to forge wider clusters of high-trust partnerships to provide broader, end-to-end supply chains.

The Five Eyes intelligence and security alliance of the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand could expand its scope to cover critical minerals security – given the breadth of resources and capacities each brings to the table.

Japan too, is a key high trust partner in this space.

Next, the US-lead Mineral Security Partnership (MSP), comprising America’s core transatlantic and Pacific allies, must reach beyond its comfort zone.

The admission of India, a pivotal non-aligned power, brings the number to 15. But can we coax linchpin producers like Brazil, Peru, The Philippines, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia into the MSP?

Finally, we need better public-private partnerships. Businesses can bring investor acumen, technical expertise, innovation and high ESG standards.

For example, Appian Capital Advisory has invested in US Strategic Metals in Missouri, not just to mine and process nickel, lithium, copper and cobalt, but also to introduce state-of-the-art recycling of lithium-ion batteries.

For its part, in addition to financial support, governments need to streamline permitting, and collaborate better to provide diplomatic and security assurances, and deploy aid in ways that support supply chains – for example, financing roads, rail and port infrastructure in developing countries.

As I meet with governments and businesses in the US, Japan and Australia this month, these are the important and urgent challenges we will be discussing – and the next US President will have to overcome.

mining.com

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Mute22

Regular
I can’t believe another AGM is just around the corner.

• Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Mute22

Regular
Need to preserve cash . No AGM for you .
I can’t afford the flights to Perth anyway.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom