AVZ Discussion 2022

wombat74

Top 20
What you on about? I sent an email to AVZ and got a call back 2 days later. I suggest you try it. Got no reason to lie mate. Been on this journey for too long and am drained.
Bull Shit !

Reactions: 1 users

JasonM

Regular
Bull Shit !
if you behave like this then when people do have information they wont post it. I also dont know why you cant believe someone even if you yourself hold doubts. also while the update was good and I appreciate it, there wasnt anything there that was really earth shattering or confidential so cant see what anyone would gain from sharing such an update other than lifting others spirits.

you're obviously an old crusty grumpy wombat. have a good weekend.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 28 users

wombat74

Top 20
if you behave like this then when people do have information they wont post it. I also dont know why you cant believe someone even if you yourself hold doubts. also while the update was good and I appreciate it, there wasnt anything there that was really earth shattering or confidential so cant see what anyone would gain from sharing such an update other than lifting others spirits.

you're obviously an old crusty grumpy wombat. have a good weekend.
Why would I question about his information ?

Last edited:

Winenut

Go AVZ!
fuck me I don’t reckon Ben is having steak and wine and sharing intel with individuals that doesn’t go to the wider market and some random can end up posting on TSE. Smacks massively of BS

Reactions: 3 users

timb89

Regular
fuck me I don’t reckon Ben is having steak and wine and sharing intel with individuals that doesn’t go to the wider market and some random can end up posting on TSE. Smacks massively of BS

Yeah but want information was shared. It looks like a very typical conversation with no market sensitive information being revealed?

Reactions: 8 users
Yeah but want information was shared. It looks like a very typical conversation with no market sensitive information being revealed?
Well it's a private company now, the requirements for information being released to the public is reduced now

Reactions: 2 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
sharing that someone has maybe had a private convo with Ben and there’s info exchanged and then it gets posted here is a bit effed up. I hope Ben isn’t that loose and stupid

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
sharing that someone has maybe had a private convo with Ben and there’s info exchanged and then it gets posted here is a bit effed up. I hope Ben isn’t that loose and stupid
Lets just say TLH and I have conflicting information . If my info is correct then TLH's info cannot exist and visa versa .

Reactions: 1 users

TLH

Regular
Lets just say TLH and I have conflicting information . If my info is correct then TLH's info cannot exist and visa versa .
No market sensitive information shared. This is not the first call back I’ve had.
Any shareholder is free to email and I’m sure you will get a call back.
Absolute hilarious- take a breather.

• Fire

timb89

Regular
Am I missing something?

What info was exchanged? It was about as nothing of a conversation as can have happened?

Reactions: 6 users

Nellie17

Regular
Ease up a bit Wombles!

Cheers, Nells x

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518_073154_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240518_073154_Gallery.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users

Dazmac66

Regular
1000005032.png
will it ever end. They don't give a fuck!

Reactions: 12 users

Samus

Top 20
View attachment 63135 will it ever end. They don't give a fuck!

Zijin-Cominière joint venture Manono Lithium goes ahead on permit contested by AVZ Minerals​

Africa Business+ provides more details.
07/05/2024 at 13h42, by Africa Business+
Manono Lithium is active on exploration permit no. 15775 (PR 15775), located near Manono in the Congolese province of Tanganyika. This joint venture between the Chinese group Zijin Mining and the Congolese state-owned company Congolaise d’Exploitation Minière (Cominière) was awarded the lithium-rich concession last October.
Exploration is progressing at full speed in the area: according to the group, all drilling on the first zone planned for extraction has been completed. Zijin claims it will be able to build its future lithium mine on the site within two years, starting as soon as the project’s feasibility study and financing plan has been finalised. The Chinese group, a shareholder in the Kamoa-Kakula copper mine operated by Ivanhoe Mines in the Lualaba region of the DRC, plans to install a lithium smelter on the site. These operations will be supplied with power by the Mpiana-Mwanga hydroelectric plant, which the joint venture is set to rehabilitate.
Our sources have revealed that Manono Lithium has commenced preparatory work for mining. The company’s teams are currently recruiting day labourers to support the stripping operations on the permit. This involves removing the upper part of the deposit that is not intended for exploitation and manually trenching dirt roads. When contacted, Zijin indicated that the feasibility of building a proper road will be re-examined in the future.
Furthermore, to prepare the site for accommodating more employees by the end of 2023, Manono Lithium has issued two tenders. One tender seeks consultants to assist with geotechnical studies for constructing an administrative camp and a research centre, while the other seeks to identify housing builders.
Although Manono Lithium is progressing on PR 15775, this permit is at the heart of a dispute between Cominière and the Australian company AVZ Minerals. The permit allocation to Manono Lithium triggered an emergency arbitration request by AVZ before the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) at the end of October. AVZ claims rights to the site. AVZ and Cominière have long been partners in Dathcom Mining, which held rights to another exploration licence, PR 13359. The northeast sector of this concession corresponds to PR 15775. Last year, however, Cominière unilaterally terminated its collaboration with Dathcom Mining and then obtained the registration of PR 13 359 in its sole name through a Congolese court ruling. Cominière then formed a joint venture with Zijin—Manono Lithium—which secured PR 15775.
While AVZ’s lawyers concede that the company gave up the northeast part of PR 13359 when it applied to transfer it to an exploitation permit, they claim that the coordinates of 15775 do not precisely match the area from which it planned to withdraw. In addition, since the exploitation permit was ultimately not awarded to AVZ, they refute the right of another company to operate in this area.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
geezuz fucking christ …

Reactions: 3 users

Samus

Top 20
geezuz fucking christ …
That's an excellent summation and deep dive analysis Wino!

• Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Haven’t heard it said like this before

“While AVZ’s lawyers concede that the company gave up the northeast part of PR 13359 when it applied to transfer it to an exploitation permit, they claim that the coordinates of 15775 do not precisely match the area from which it planned to withdraw.”

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Cumquat Cap

Regular
Why would avz withdraw from a billion dollar asset then continue drilling it for Zijin’s benefit ? We need far more clarity on this? Either someone had fucked up and cost us billions or Zijin are building a mine on someone else’s land. Zijin do not seem to care about icc or ICSID one iota

Reactions: 17 users

Samus

Top 20
It really shows how inefficient these arbitration processes are, the fucking cunts Zijin will likely be processing ore before the hearings are even completed.

I mean sorry about the language but it's really the only type of language to properly express thoughts on these matters.

• Fire
Reactions: 22 users

Ashlee

Regular
A walk down memory lane 3 years ago today feels like a lifetime!
6592B725-A52E-4127-BE63-8415C1623DAD.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 25 users

Scoota30

Regular
Why would avz withdraw from a billion dollar asset then continue drilling it for Zijin’s benefit ? We need far more clarity on this? Either someone had fucked up and cost us billions or Zijin are building a mine on someone else’s land. Zijin do not seem to care about icc or ICSID one iota
If the north had been legally conceded by AVZ and it was not spurious in nature, getting clarity from AVZ this late in the game will only benefit Zijins case in court and give all of the stooges like dudbrook and Shane more ammunition to splurge.

IMO your last sentence makes me feel like it's all a load of bollocks.

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users
Top Bottom