AVZ Discussion 2022

Flight996

Regular
  • Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 19 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Yes it's a long way from Manono totally agree. Dar es Salaam is about 2000km so defintely closer

The planned development by DP World significantly increases the capability

View attachment 55136
https://www.dpworld.com/news/releas...ark-the-start-of-construction-of-banana-port/

It's just possible options and it's the only route that is wholly within the DRC and doesn't require transport through neighbouring countries

Just interesting stuff and a bit of info

Not much else going on at the moment.... :rolleyes:s
I might crack a shiraz tonight, waiting for next court updates.
Don't expect any DRC changes, they are busy sorting a new government.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
I might crack a shiraz tonight, waiting for next court updates.
Don't expect any DRC changes, they are busy sorting a new government.

FMD, I crack a Shiraz every night🤣🤣

Except when Margaritas get in the way🫤🫤

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Haha
Reactions: 16 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Hang on!!

I think I've really spotted something 😲

1706172776822.png

• Haha
Reactions: 18 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

cruiser51

Top 20
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

JAG

Top 20
Reactions: 2 users

Dazmac66

Regular
After reading the above communication you have to wonder why the super smart, ridiculously highly paid lawyers at the icsid will need another 12 months to deliberate on this shit fight. What a fucking joke, it would take a day or two to read through every official document even at the pace I read! It baffles me that a group of corrupt imbeciles can derail a multi billion dollar undertaking with a whole "democratically" elected government just allowing the debacle to roll on. The opportunity cost to the people is staggering. A logical mind cannot process this utter stupidity.
Surely these clever dicks at the icsid know exactly what is going on after reading enough evidence to make an interim decision. Maximum frustration reached!
Have a great Australia Day everyone.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 48 users

JAG

Top 20
Happy Australia Day you lot 🇦🇺🇦🇺
BEEC1DD9-BC07-4455-8D1B-706E9FC2AD91.jpeg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users

hedrox

Regular

wombat74

Top 20
Zijin v AVZ is going through the ICC but it's the same crap either way. Most of the waiting is just procedural bullshit. As well as delay tactics by Zijin and the arbiter needing breaks because they have the wrong mustard on their baguette or some shit.

This case was initiated by Zijin in May 2022 and the decision on the jurisdictional challenge is only now expected in late January 2024. If Zijin win the jurisdictional challenge then we still have the main part of the case to go through.

After our win in the provisional hearing to maintain the status quo (just the south for now) at the ICSID against the DRC government that case won't reach the first hearing on merits until June 2025 according to the schedule 9card outlined a few months back.

The time frames are just a scam to make more money for the lawyers. There is no good reason these cases couldn't be wrapped up in a 12 month time limit. I guess the difference for most companies is that they have more than one project running so if they do need to go through years of arbitration then they can still make money elsewhere and not need to go into suspension.

I have extremely high confidence that we will win every case if needed with the exception of possibly having legally ceded the old north split as I've talked about previously. But I think the writing is on the wall and in official announcements from AVZ management that a bad deal is better than a good trial for the company at this point.
What does a 'bad deal' look like ? In terms of either a stake in the project or a payout . What are our realistic chances of getting a ML ? I'm not buying into China only getting the North . They want the whole thing including Roche Dure . Will Felix go against his Chinese Masters? Highly doubtful. If Felix was concerned about ICSID would he have not settled with AVZ by now ?

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

hedrox

Regular
What does a 'bad deal' look like ? In terms of either a stake in the project or a payout . What are our realistic chances of getting a ML ? I'm not buying into China only getting the North . They want the whole thing including Roche Dure . Will Felix go against his Chinese Masters? Highly doubtful. If Felix was concerned about ICSID would he have not settled with AVZ by now ?
I kind of like it....Chinese takeover for a decent price. I could imagine even if AVZ gets the ML, there will be plenty of roadblocks on the way to production. A realistic starting point for negotiations would be at least the all time high share price of 1.36 $ minimum. With an all positive outcome at ICSID, plus a rising Lithium price, what's on the cards, I won't take anything less than 2 $.....I guess most shareholders would accept this outcome. Fingers crossed things are moving in the right direction....for now, switch off and enjoy a BBQ on the beach with friends and family.

Doc

Master of Quan
im hoping that Felix is trying to play both sides of the fence. If he makes a decision before ICC/ICSID then the Chinese will accuse him of undermining them. If he makes decisions after courts make theirs ( in AVZ’s favour hopefully ) then he can save face to the overlords and say sorry chaps hands are tied we tried.

• Fire
  • Thinking

wombat74

Top 20
im hoping that Felix is trying to play both sides of the fence. If he makes a decision before ICC/ICSID then the Chinese will accuse him of undermining them. If he makes decisions after courts make theirs ( in AVZ’s favour hopefully ) then he can save face to the overlords and say sorry chaps hands are tied we tried.
Thanks . What ICSID ruling are you referring to ? The recent ruling or the next ruling in 3 years time ? If the current ruling cannot get an outcome then are we not going for compensation $$$ game over ?

Reactions: 2 users

LOCKY82

Regular
I reckon you could be spot on here, they're too in bed with the Chinese to not give them what they want and probably see siding with avz and going against their masters as a self pineappling!
Much easier have icc/icsid make the call and then drc bumholes escape the pineapples 🍍 💩

Reactions: 3 users

Kenno61

Regular

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpeg
    IMG_0379.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Top Bottom