AVZ Discussion 2022

Hi fellow shareholders. With 2 weeks to go till almost too late to vote, can I also please encourage you to contact all SH in every way (SM, Ph, in person) & get them to vote ASAP by 20/11 along the lines of For 18-22 and Against 9 10 17 ... with minor variations if you wish.

IMO this vote is D-Day for us. If Fat Tail MMGA & their China backers get > 50% of votes "for 9 10 17 & against the rest" we are farked, with them getting a 3-2 majority on the board. We are dead after that.
IMO Any significant effort in other AVZ matters is a waste of our time & our investment, until after we defeat MMGA at the AGM vote.

I've started posting on X / twitter per below & will get to HC & FB over the weekend. Feel free to copy & improve.

X/Twitter (280 char) :
For Best ROI get all $AVZ SH to Vote FOR 1, 18-22 by 20/11 AGM & Against rest.
AVZ ICSID case forces DRC-AVZ win-win deal ASAP. If MMGA 9,10,17 get on BoD, will drop ICSID, sell Manono cheap to China who bribes DRC & MMGA @AusEmbZim @dfat @Treasury_AU @asx Avzminerals.com.au

Attachments

• AVZ Vote FOR 1 and 18-22, AGAINST the rest.png
    AVZ Vote FOR 1 and 18-22, AGAINST the rest.png
    342.9 KB · Views: 37
  • MB Manono Li Project Facts.jpg
    MB Manono Li Project Facts.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users

Strawbz

Emerged
Does anyone recall what the link is on X for $AVZ without all the spam on there? I am just using the $AVZ search and so much crap not relating to AVZ. Thanks in advance!
$avz -url:discord.com

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

Azzler

Top 20
In the past I've assumed that if I don't vote that the chair votes for me.
I've seen a post on HC that assumed the same thing.

There's other morons out there too just like me, so remember to explain to people, that not voting only helps the detractors win their vote.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Cong was crying to anyone that would listen about his purported termination of the SPA's. Including the ASX. They and ASIC didn't care. Maybe they were being unreasonable. Maybe not.

Feel free to give Omni Bridgeway a call if you disagree. I'm sure they would love to hear from you. It's been a tough week for them with their Zijin non disclosure claim.

View attachment 48717

Graeme Johnston's immediate arrest order was overturned on appeal before last year's AGM on 8/9/22 pending determination of his criminal conviction in the DRC supreme court. Which if AVZ are successful in their stay request should lead to the SPA's termination dispute being decided by the ICC arbitration before going back to the DRC legal system for rectification. A successful outcome for AVZ at the ICC should result in the restoring of the share certificate and overturning of Graeme Johnston's 3 years hard time sentence plus his fine of 200,000 Congolese Francs as well as Dathcom's 'remote' potential damages liability of US$25m.

View attachment 48718
View attachment 48719
Omni Bridegeway will gather legs if this MOU / ML doesnt come to fruition and LTH have to await ISCID deliberations which could take years....;), just sayin.

I have been consistent with my views on AVZ bod lack of disclosure, that being said, I think the bod has done a tremendous job getting Manono to ML decree level and fighting hard against the multiple corruptors, looking to steal.......they have my full support.

The upcoming AGM is going to be a pivotal fork in the road, i certainly wont be holding back in seeking clarity.

I think i might take a break from this thread for a while and join @Hudnut on the 2023 AGM QUESTIONS, as @John25 states, its less than 3 weeks to go and preparations need to get a wriggle on...;)

I am hoping your encyclopedia brain will drop by and assist along with the many other smart cookies that exist on this forum

imo

Reactions: 12 users
Omni Bridegeway will gather legs if this MOU / ML doesnt come to fruition and LTH have to await ISCID deliberations which could take years....;), just sayin.

I have been consistent with my views on AVZ bod lack of disclosure, that being said, I think the bod has done a tremendous job getting Manono to ML decree level and fighting hard against the multiple corruptors, looking to steal.......they have my full support.

The upcoming AGM is going to be a pivotal fork in the road, i certainly wont be holding back in seeking clarity.

I think i might take a break from this thread for a while and join @Hudnut on the 2023 AGM QUESTIONS, as @John25 states, its less than 3 weeks to go and preparations need to get a wriggle on...;)

I am hoping your encyclopedia brain will drop by and assist along with the many other smart cookies that exist on this forum

imo
Yeah all good dude each to their own. That's what these forums are all about.

For me the question of disclosure specifically around Dathomir comes down to a question of whether Cong's process for his termination claims was correct

Article 11.1 of the Dathcom JVA is very clear. Disputes must go through the ICC. And I'm sure the SPA's contained the same clause. The fact that Cong decided to go through the back alley courts within the DRC instead of going to the ICC and the fact he doesn't want the ICC decision made public but AVZ and the ICC do says it all. I seriously doubt DLA Piper have this wrong.

20231103_135606.png

20231103_135653.png

20231103_135709.png

20231103_135727.png

20231103_135749.png

20230316_232958.jpg

20230316_233020.jpg

Last edited:
  • Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 21 users

j.l

Regular
  • Haha
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Yeah all good dude each to their own. That's what these forums are all about.

For me the question of disclosure specifically around Dathomir comes down to a question of whether Cong's process for his termination claims was correct

Article 11.1 of the Dathcom JVA is very clear. Disputes must ho through the ICC. And I'm sure the SPA's contained the same clause. The fact that Cong decided to go through the back alley courts within the DRC instead of going to the ICC and the fact he doesn't want the ICC decision made public but AVZ and the ICC do says it all. I seriously doubt DLA Piper have this wrong.

View attachment 48728
View attachment 48729
View attachment 48730
View attachment 48731
View attachment 48732
View attachment 48726
View attachment 48727
I have no doubt Avz have done all the right things with Dathomir, Cong signed docs, money was transferred, case closed....
my point is, which i dont think you are getting is, should these red flags have been disclosed via the ASX ?

Just a simple statement like, " it has come to our attention that Dathomir is disputing the 15% transfer, AVZ are resolute that all processes were undertaken legally and we have good title. Dathomir dispute is spurious and lacks merit."

Same statement could have been made with Zijin ROFR...;)...yada yada

The fact is, LTSH thought everything was rosy when ML decree was awarded............then the shit hit the fan .

Sorry, that doesnt pass the pub test!!

imo

PS.........waiting for dave evans to give me a serve and put me on IGNORE aka Hudnut.......:rolleyes:

pffft.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Retrobyte

Hates a beer
  • Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 12 users

wombat74

Top 20

theghostwithin​

1,347 Posts.
Date:03/11/23Time:10:13:31Post #:70706256

For those that tell us the two international arbitration courts we are now working through have no teeth - take a look at what another Aussie small cap is doing just down the road in Tanzania.

https://hotcrapper.com.au/attachmen...ame=231103+IDA+Judgement+stay+of+enforcement.

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users

j.l

Regular
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Spikerama

Regular
Hey @Spikerama is it too much? :unsure:

I'm sure you could work wonders with this.

Not my cup of tea mate and as I always say, there's no need to be offensive and resort to poo jokes and abuse when we have so much great evidence and material to work with.

I do respect that when you are angry it's hard not to lash out with this kind of stuff but sometimes you have to be the better person.

Reactions: 7 users
I have no doubt Avz have done all the right things with Dathomir, Cong signed docs, money was transferred, case closed....
my point is, which i dont think you are getting is, should these red flags have been disclosed via the ASX ?

Just a simple statement like, " it has come to our attention that Dathomir is disputing the 15% transfer, AVZ are resolute that all processes were undertaken legally and we have good title. Dathomir dispute is spurious and lacks merit."

Same statement could have been made with Zijin ROFR...;)...yada yada

The fact is, LTSH thought everything was rosy when ML decree was awarded............then the shit hit the fan .

Sorry, that doesnt pass the pub test!!

imo

PS.........waiting for dave evans to give me a serve and put me on IGNORE aka Hudnut.......:rolleyes:

View attachment 48734
Like I said yesterday I would have disclosed it with an immediate ICC arbitration claim against Dathomir (with an injunction to stop the destruction of the share certificate leaving us legally ahead) and proper explanation to the market if I were them as trust with shareholders is more important than being technically legally right

I guess management didn't do that because technically the onus was on Cong to initiate arbitration and they thought they could get this overturned on appeal within the DRC. I'm sure they were also concerned that an international arbitration case within Dathcom could possibly delay the ML which they were claiming was imminent.

Even though I agree with their reasoning pending ICC outcomes about disclosure regarding the Zijin, Cominiere and Dathomir disputes, management (especially Nigel) should have definitely tempered their language about how well things were going in the DRC. We did end up getting the ML before the shitshow really began so they do get some leniency but clearly the MoP was already against us as well as our JV partners.

jericho-a-little-bit-of-the-bubbly-wine.gif

TheCount

Regular
Like I said yesterday I would have disclosed it with an immediate ICC arbitration claim against Dathomir (with an injunction to stop the destruction of the share certificate leaving us legally ahead) and proper explanation to the market if I were them as trust with shareholders is more important than being technically legally right

I guess management didn't do that because technically the onus was on Cong to initiate arbitration and they thought they could get this overturned on appeal within the DRC. I'm sure they were also concerned that an international arbitration case within Dathcom could possibly delay the ML which they were claiming was imminent.

Even though I agree with their reasoning pending ICC outcomes about disclosure regarding the Zijin, Cominiere and Dathomir disputes, management (especially Nigel) should have definitely tempered their language about how well things were going in the DRC. We did end up getting the ML before the shitshow really began so they do get some leniency but clearly the MoP was already against us as well as our JV partners.

View attachment 48744
Have you just declared Friday drinks open?
TC.

• Haha
  • Fire
  • Haha
  • Sad

TheCount

Regular
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 4.35.01 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 4.34.50 pm.png

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
I can't fucking wait for our AGM haha

'Shame on you': Qantas chairman jeered at AGM before unprecedented protest vote against executive pay

Qantas chairman Richard Goyder has been jeered at the embattled airline's annual general meeting, shortly before it was revealed a massive 83 per cent of shareholders voted against the company's executive pay report.

Shareholder Chris Maxworthy was asking a follow-up about the decision to allow former CEO Alan Joyce to sell most of his shares shortly before the ACCC announced it was taking the national carrier to court for allegedly selling tickets for cancelled flights.

After saying he would give Goyder the benefit of the doubt over the decision, but after questioning the timing and share price of the sale, the chairman asked for Maxworthy's microphone to be switched off, sparking boos, jeers and cries of "shame on you" from shareholders.

"We would never as a board or executive, and this goes to your question on ethics, would never ever do anything that we felt was illegal," Goyder said beforehand.

"And so we felt it was the right thing to do … I've got absolutely zero concern about the ethics of the people who sit alongside me (on the board)."

Joyce sold just under $17 million worth of shares in June after announcing his resignation. The share price then was $6.75.

The ACCC announced its court action on August 31, and Qantas' share price now sits at about $5.20, although fell to as low as $4.67 last week.

Goyder wasn't the only executive to face the ire of investors.

The entire board was issued a stinging rebuke when 83 per cent of shareholders voted against Qantas' remuneration report, which sets the pay for executives including Joyce and his replacement Vanessa Hudson.

The protest vote is well above the 25 per cent required for a "first strike" and one of the largest in Australian corporate history.

It is also the first time Qantas has ever received a remuneration strike, and while it doesn't have any material impact this year, a second consecutive strike next year would trigger an unprecedented spill of the Qantas board.

tenor-8.gif

• Thinking
  • Fire

Azzler

Top 20
  • Haha
  • Fire
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Samus

Top 20
Not my cup of tea mate and as I always say, there's no need to be offensive and resort to poo jokes and abuse when we have so much great evidence and material to work with.

I do respect that when you are angry it's hard not to lash out with this kind of stuff but sometimes you have to be the better person.
You have to admit the likeness is pretty funny! :LOL:
I was just stirring, I think you've proven to be of the more sensible among us.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Samus

Top 20

Our brothers are suffering. Poor salaries, arbitrary arrest, beaten like dogs, almost no meals, ill treatment, violation of privacy. Zijin can do it in Lualaba with its corrupt leaders, but not here in Manono.

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 22 users
Top Bottom