AVZ Discussion 2022

Remark

Top 20
All I know is there is a little hand on the drawer this time and it has a tattoo on it 腐败
Nigel an co have a serious battle at hand an they better not forget the moisturising cream
I swore the tattoo said 他妈的澳大利亚 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Samus

Top 20
Not sure if this has been posted.
Good read if you feel like doing your head in a bit more...

• Haha

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I am a carpenter , but also a registered builder, i flip homes , buy ugly ducklings in good locations, knock a couple of walls down here and there to open the place up, modernise the bathrooms / kitchens, lick of paint, a bit of landscaping then SELL.

Dont touch electricity, plumbing, tiling, i get contract those out, but i do the rest, flooring, hang doors, skirting, architraves, installing cabinets, pergolas etc.

I am getting a bit too tired doing that now, hoping to just flip my personal home and then retire and trade full time, making more money doing that and dont have to bust a gut in doing so.

2 more years to go hopefully to fulfill that dream.

I am also studying Psychology part time, will go full time once i quit building.

Nice, I'm open to doing that too. After all why would I go to work for $40 an hour and pay a builder $70+ to do work I'm capable of doing myself?

Unfortunately the last 2 months on the market haven't fitted that plan... :mad: Sold our place in Sydney so have a decent deposit behind us if the right 'renovators dream' comes along. The Mrs is the bread winner in this house so I'm just putting in the effort as an in home barista/house husband in the meantime.

• Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Brothers in arms , what do you do ?

Unemployed ?

Tradies are in high demand in WA, where are you located ?
He's on the couch in the loungeroom :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Yup thought there was FID clause 🙏

Makes sense doesn't it, I mean why would you buy another 15% of a project you aren't going to mine?
He's on the couch in the loungeroom :ROFLMAO:

You misspelt 'living the dream'

I won an $800 espresso machine in an RSL raffle for $20 worth of tickets, or as I sold it to the Mrs "do you realise were saving $100 a week on takeaway coffees if I just stay home and make them?"

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 13 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Makes sense doesn't it, I mean why would you buy another 15% of a project you aren't going to mine?

You misspelt 'living the dream'

I won an $800 espresso machine in an RSL raffle for $20 worth of tickets, or as I sold it to the Mrs "do you realise were saving $100 a week on takeaway coffees if I just stay home and make them?"
You spend $100 a week on coffee ?

gif-wtf.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
You spend $100 a week on coffee ?

View attachment 6338

We were 1 each in the morning and in my last job 90% of the time I'd be driving passed home mid morning so would drop by with another one. One of those expenses you don't think about until you do the maths one day and shit the bed when you realise lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Nice, I'm open to doing that too. After all why would I go to work for $40 an hour and pay a builder $70+ to do work I'm capable of doing myself?

Unfortunately the last 2 months on the market haven't fitted that plan... :mad: Sold our place in Sydney so have a decent deposit behind us if the right 'renovators dream' comes along. The Mrs is the bread winner in this house so I'm just putting in the effort as an in home barista/house husband in the meantime.
Housing market is crazy right now, supply chain disruption is hiking up prices to build big time, forget the 5% inflation in markets overall in Australia, you are looking at 20 - 30% price hikes on material, so if you dont have a iron clad agreement ( fixed price to build no matter what ) then you are getting reamed and potentially wont have your house complete until you get the extra reddies.

On the flip side, those " iron clad " agreements are also forcing building coys to the wall too.

I wont be renovating my house until those interest rate hikes take full effect.

In about 2 yrs time when i quit building, that will be the time to renovate my house and not pay thru the nose.

Thats the plan Jan.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
You know I think the trolls on the crapper have actually got bored with playing with themselves

• Haha

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Housing market is crazy right now, supply chain disruption is hiking up prices to build big time, forget the 5% inflation in markets overall in Australia, you are looking at 20 - 30% price hikes on material, so if you dont have a iron clad agreement ( fixed price to build no matter what ) then you are getting reamed and potentially wont have your house complete until you get the extra reddies.

On the flip side, those " iron clad " agreements are also forcing building coys to the wall too.

I wont be renovating my house until those interest rate hikes take full effect.

In about 2 yrs time when i quit building, that will be the time to renovate my house and not pay thru the nose.

Thats the plan Jan.

Yeah housing market is volatile at the moment that's for sure, we sold/settled in March/April and are in no hurry to buy up here. Happy to see what happens with rates and the market. 99% sure we sold at the right time and we've gone from a 1 bed unit in Sydney to a 3 bed townhouse rental in Brisbane where the rent is cheaper than our mortgage in Sydney was so definitely coming off pretty good right now (except the covid lol).

If I'd made another 50k selling in Sydney I would have just come to Brisbane, bought a ute and started my own company.

Xerof

Biding my Time 1971
@Winenut
There's only so many times trolls can say the brown paper bag will win, and Z have got us to 36%

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

BEISHA

Top 20
You know I think the trolls on the crapper have actually got bored with playing with themselves
YOU3ATE ( flog ), 1SH1 ( red neck ), KOI7 9 (flog ), ALMISIR ( LTR ) , GOLDILOCKS( LTR ), CASH HOUND ( LTR ), STOCK GURU ( flog ), ZANPUKUTO ( DRC flog ),

Wombat 74 , Tolate, giving a good fight, but when you are up against that kind of slime...........goodluck!!

i concur.gif

• Haha

Winenut

Go AVZ!
I got modded for this in about 20 seconds flat..

1652324814728.jpeg

So I re-posted this

1652324849835.jpeg

The mods there are just about as absurd as the trolls.....

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Yeah housing market is volatile at the moment that's for sure, we sold/settled in March/April and are in no hurry to buy up here. Happy to see what happens with rates and the market. 99% sure we sold at the right time and we've gone from a 1 bed unit in Sydney to a 3 bed townhouse rental in Brisbane where the rent is cheaper than our mortgage in Sydney was so definitely coming off pretty good right now (except the covid lol).

If I'd made another 50k selling in Sydney I would have just come to Brisbane, bought a ute and started my own company.
What does a 1 bed unit in Sydney sell for ?

Not trying to get personal , just a median price would do, just for interest sake.

I take it you dont have kiddies, cause that would be a real head fuck, worse that the shit show in DRC.

lol

Generally i have found swarmo does some good research. Think he has missed the point here.

And this is the confusion being generated right now and now flooding the media.

Screenshot_20220512-133410_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Haha

DiscoDanNZ

Regular

Not trying to get personal , just a median price would do, just for interest sake.

I take it you dont have kiddies, cause that would be a real head fuck, worse that the shit show in DRC.

lol

We were on the Northern Beaches so anywhere from 700 - 1.3m depending on the exact location and building, enough to swap a 1 bed unit for a 3-5 bed house with a pool in a good part of SE Queensland thats for sure.

• Wow

TheCount

Regular

lol
"Older block" but a street away from the beach in Dee Why $1.25M+

Screen Shot 2022-05-12 at 1.48.12 pm.png

I'm looking in the area for my son who works in the area, and currently renting.. AVZ to fund part of the purchase..

TC.

• Love

Samus

Top 20
Generally i have found swarmo does some good research. Think he has missed the point here.

And this is the confusion being generated right now and now flooding the media.

View attachment 6344
Exactly mate, Zijin sowing the seeds of doubt and convoluting the whole situation with rubbish which has been exacerbated by lazy media articles and an army of trolls.

Hopefully management and drc can produce something that cuts out the noise.

It's quite laughable if after effectively shutting down the mining sector for months in order to weed out corruption the DRC Feds then turn around and cop it up the backside all over again.
AVZ on the battery council out of all the mining companies, largely Chinese.
Quite a decisive moment here on many levels.
Hopefully we'll come out of the other end with a nice neat package in our favour to get on and fast track development.
It's in nobody's interest for this to drag on any further. Least of all the DRC.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users

BEISHA

Top 20
We were on the Northern Beaches so anywhere from 700 - 1.3m depending on the exact location and building, enough to swap a 1 bed unit for a 3-5 bed house with a pool in a good part of SE Queensland thats for sure.

wtf-geezer.gif

Holy hell thats fucking CRaaaaaaaaaaZY !!!!

I live in a 3 bed x 1 on 430sq/m block, in Kensington, literally 5 min drive to city...........thats valued less than $1m.

Absolutely smart move on your part, thats frigging unsustainable.

What hope does our children / future children / future generations of children get a look in on the property market ?

BEISHA

Top 20
"Older block" but a street away from the beach in Dee Why $1.25M+

View attachment 6349

I'm looking in the area for my son who works in the area, and currently renting.. AVZ to fund part of the purchase..

TC.
I am stunned DOC, i got nothing more to say.

In Cottesloe, that would be worth $600k tops.

Top Bottom