AVZ Discussion 2022

Onthefm

Regular
Reactions: 1 users

Hudnut

Regular
I’m thinking why doesn’t Tom go to Kinshasa and be a real journalist?

Doesn't know how.

Be a real journalist I mean.

He can get to Kinsasha. He could use the same map he uses to find his arse.

Maybe he can find a hotel with Paris in it's name to use for a photo op while he's there.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 8 users

Frank

Top 20

Kinshasa: 961 agents involved in several payrolls of civil servants brought to justice

After making the results of its investigations public, the General Inspectorate of Finance has just made available to the courts the list of public officials involved in several salary payments in different ministries.

The names of at least 961 public officials who were paid on the lists of several ministries are filed with the general prosecutor's offices near the Kinshasa/Gombe and Matete courts of appeal.

It should be recalled that the General Inspectorate of Finance had made public the list of fictitious and duplicates involved in several payments, in particular within the FARDC, the PNC, the SECOPE and in other General Secretariats of the Public Service in the Republic Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Here are some key elements of the report made public by the IGF:

• 145,604 paid agents with incorrect, fanciful and fabricated registration numbers for payroll purposes;

• 53,328 Agents who alone have more than one registration number in the file with the same name;

• 93,356 Agents who share the same registration number with other agents as well;

• 43,725 agents paid without their names appearing on the declarative lists from their original departments;

• 961 payroll officers are on the payrolls of several departments. Several of them on more than 15 payrolls.

To this end, the General Inspectorate of Finance had specified that a loss estimated at 148 billion Congolese Francs per month was recorded in the public treasury. :eek:

mediacongo

*So Only 961 Corrupt Cants and counting o_O

*Meanwhile, Back at the Monster of Manono the Loss in Revenue is growing by the DRC Day :( :oops: :rolleyes:

1684326390278.png

• Wow
Reactions: 12 users
Felix will be the Poster Boy for Corruption on the World's Stage if AVZ get shafted .I am sure we can all play a part in a small way to help get the message out there across Planet Earth .
If AVZ gets to mine, the DRC will make billions over the life of the mine.
If it gets handed to the corrupt ones, its will COST DRC $10billion if our damages claim is successful.
Not a difficult choice.
issue.the.fucking.mining.license,

#FuckZijin

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 33 users

Der Geist

Regular

Attachments

• E2CAF4CA-BA1B-466C-BF45-11F54A833016.jpeg
    E2CAF4CA-BA1B-466C-BF45-11F54A833016.jpeg
    571.1 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: 13 users

Frank

Top 20
1684328017145.png

1684328169420.png

1684328207278.png

• Fire
  • Sad
Reactions: 17 users

TDITD

Top 20
CutPaste_2023-05-17_22-55-47-962.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Frank

Top 20
If AVZ gets to mine, the DRC will make billions over the life of the mine.
If it gets handed to the corrupt ones, its will COST DRC $10billion if our damages claim is successful.
Not a difficult choice.
issue.the.fucking.mining.license,

#FuckZijin

Attachments

• 1684328479109.png
    1684328479109.png
    281.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users

TDITD

Top 20
CutPaste_2023-05-17_23-08-13-011.jpg

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 41 users

Frank

Top 20
1684328662226.png

*But, but, but, may i but in here :unsure:

To remind,

Mining attractiveness: the DRC ranked 82 out of 83 countries in the Fraser Institute report

The latest Fraser Institute annual report ranks the DRC at the bottom of the world ranking of the least attractive states for investment in the mining sector. Out of a total of 83 countries studied, the DRC ranks 82nd in the mining policy index.

It is Venezuela that closes the world ranking, thus being the only country listed behind the DRC.

On the list of the worst ranked African nations, there are mainly Zambia, Zimbabwe and Papua New Guinea.

According to the Fraser Institute 2022 Report, the investment climate in the mining sector in the DRC is simply unattractive.

With more than 20 mining companies producing copper, the main mineral exported by the DRC, we expected a better score. Indeed, the country is now seen as one of the key players in the global energy transition, due to its impressive reserves of cobalt, copper, lithium and bauxite.

Based on the two main indicators of the Report, namely the investment attractiveness index and the public policy perception index, the entire African region is in a disadvantageous position.

Despite proven potential natural wealth, several African countries such as Zambia, Zimbabwe and Papua New Guinea are lagging behind.

The lack of competitiveness of the African continent could have serious repercussions on the expected heavy foreign investments.

The West would then be forced to review its strategy to counter the ubiquitous China in the region.

Fraser Institute is a Canadian think tank that has earned its stripes in the annual production of studies on social themes.

In addition, it is at the service of decision-makers.

Every year, structure experts publish a report on the attractiveness of mining investments in the world.

After this long-awaited publication, the time is now for a frank and taboo-free debate at the national level.

A certain opinion recalls, for example, the strategic place of the DRC in the global energy transition. In addition, mining represents the growth sector of the Congolese economy.

The latter is driven more than 30% by mining activity. The Ministry of Mines indicates a continuous increase in mining revenues for more than a decade.

In terms of sanitation, the big step was taken with the implementation of the revised Mining Code in 2018, a very controversial piece of legislation that promotes a win-win partnership.

Adherence to several international traceability and certification mechanisms would have made it possible, according to the Ministry of Mines, to tackle head-on the problems of corruption, fraud and illegal exploitation of mineral resources.

To this must be added the creation and functioning of the national commission for the fight against mining fraud.

Obviously, this new ecosystem, theoretically more competitive, did not improve the index of perception of mining policies, according to Fraser Institute.

Following a field visit between August 23 and December 30, 2022, their experts interviewed 1,966 exploration, development and other mining-related companies.

They ended up with this very negative rating due to several destabilizing factors, mainly the unilateral increase in the royalty rate.

The other pinpointed factor is the lack of clarity on the limits of mining exploration concessions and cases of corruption.

However, the report insists on a rather positive fact for the country, namely the attractiveness for investment in exploration.

On this point, the DRC is in 24th place.

This is small consolation.

.mediacongo

• Fire
  • Wow

smileatme

Why not stream the info from the top of the fukkin Eiffel Tower?

FFS are people for real?

Second to understand kunty, if I would know, I would sip a gin, grin and think fukkum, let them find out themself.

Zijin and its moronic coconspirators would love to know a lot more, no need to hand it to them on a plate.

Hey smile, how about you call Nigel, maybe he explains to you that in reality the world is a like a Rubic cube.

Know what I mean?
Oh, dear!
I am a long term holder and asked a genuine question. Just like most people here, I can't access my money.
If the query sound stupid to you, just keep quiet.
Call Nigel? Do you think any one here got access to him?
Why ridicule?
If it helps reduce your own stress, then it is fine with me.

• Fire

TDITD

Top 20
Oh, dear!
I am a long term holder and asked a genuine question. Just like most people here, I can't access my money.
If the query sound stupid to you, just keep quiet.
Call Nigel? Do you think any one here got access to him?
Why ridicule?
If it helps reduce your own stress, then it is fine with me.
I can recommend everyone try their hands at some meme work, it helps me anyhow :D

• Haha
  • Fire

geo_au

Regular
Though it seems likely stalling shenannigans with this latest ICC action.
I still cant stop comming back to the commentary on the latest announcement.
Seemingly irrelevant (to the announcement of the ICC action) commentary by the company.

"whilst no substantive quantification as to the merits and the quantum of the
damages claim is provided in the Request, it appears on face value that the
amount of the damages claims is based on Jin Cheng holding a 15% interest
and Cominière a 10% interest in Dathcom, thus suggesting that the Claimants
are valuing the entirety of the Manono Project at US$5.66
billion;"

Stating it's not explained what the damages are for, is relevant.

But going on to point out the $ values have a relation to the claimed ownership of C and Z.
And going on to point out that it's in relation to what they value the entire company at.

It's not just some commentary or speculation made off hand in an interview, it's in an official announcement.

To me, AVZ are telling us they are suing for their claimed ownership in the entire project,
I can't think of a circumstance where anyone would do that if they hadn't lost their claimed ownership.

So much of it doesn't make sense, which to me means there's information yet to be released.

Apparently we're expecting an announcement this week, lets hope it's got something good for us
and clears some things up.

country at a footy match.

Kongopress.com

@kongopress
·
6am

Manono Lithium: COMINIERE registers ZIJIN in the DATHCOM Trade Register despite AVZ's opposition

• Thinking
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users

BobTheCat

Emerged
Kongopress.com
@kongopress
·
6am

Manono Lithium: COMINIERE registers ZIJIN in the DATHCOM Trade Register despite AVZ's opposition
How would that impact the ICC arbitration of AVZ vs ZIJIN?:unsure:

From the announcement "Arbitration Proceedings Update and Interim Financial Report Clarification" 22 March 2023:
AVZI remains of the view that its jurisdictional challenge will be successful, which will affirm that Jin Cheng does not have the right to instigate the ICC arbitration proceedings against AVZI under the Dathcom Joint Venture Agreement (JVA), since it is not a party to the Dathcom JVA.

Is this still valid? Or would that change if ZIJIN is in the Trade Register?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

JNRB

Regular
Though it seems likely stalling shenannigans with this latest ICC action.
I still cant stop comming back to the commentary on the latest announcement.
Seemingly irrelevant (to the announcement of the ICC action) commentary by the company.

"whilst no substantive quantification as to the merits and the quantum of the
damages claim is provided in the Request, it appears on face value that the
amount of the damages claims is based on Jin Cheng holding a 15% interest
and Cominière a 10% interest in Dathcom, thus suggesting that the Claimants
are valuing the entirety of the Manono Project at US$5.66
billion;"

Stating it's not explained what the damages are for, is relevant.

But going on to point out the $ values have a relation to the claimed ownership of C and Z.
And going on to point out that it's in relation to what they value the entire company at.

It's not just some commentary or speculation made off hand in an interview, it's in an official announcement.

To me, AVZ are telling us they are suing for their claimed ownership in the entire project,
I can't think of a circumstance where anyone would do that if they hadn't lost their claimed ownership.

So much of it doesn't make sense, which to me means there's information yet to be released.

Apparently we're expecting an announcement this week, lets hope it's got something good for us
and clears some things up.
Also -

If damages are based proportionally on ownership of Cominiere / Zijin, then I would assume the implication there is that they have both been wronged/damaged in the same way.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Charbella

Regular
Zijin aren't in the trade register. Jin Cheng are.

Are subsidiaries allowed in the register without government approval?

Who signed the notarial deed?

Have Cominiere violated Article 9 of the Dathcom JVA by not allowing AVZI to exercise its pre-emption right?

View attachment 36671
View attachment 36676
View attachment 36673
View attachment 36674
View attachment 36675
Thank you for sharing Carlos. Zijin was notified of the above letter on 18/11and was opposed during the Extraordinary General Assembly on 20/11 but still proceeded with the shares transfer on 21/11. 🤡🤡🤡

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users

TheCount

Regular
So for us that don't really understand....what was this insurance for exactly?
"They tried their best" insurance.

It covers the BOD's actions "PERSONALLY" if someone tries to hold them at fault and sue for damages.

TC.

• Haha

cruiser51

Top 20
Screenshot 2023-05-18 at 7.44.36 am.png

Reactions: 7 users

Frank

Top 20

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25 users