AVZ Discussion 2022

cruiser51

Top 20
Thanks Roon for this.
While in HC, Combaste provided the below regarding insurance on legal costs.
Half a million $ paid as insurance premium. Hopefully, most of our legal costs will be paid back.
Anyone contacted company regarding legal costs? If yes, please share with us how we are going to survive on the mounting legal challenges, as many raised the issue of company running out of money due to all these legal costs.

View attachment 36653
Why not stream the info from the top of the fukkin Eiffel Tower?

FFS are people for real?
First you need to understand what the insurance is for. Hint? You're way off the mark..
TC.
Second to understand kunty, if I would know, I would sip a gin, grin and think fukkum, let them find out themself.

Zijin and its moronic coconspirators would love to know a lot more, no need to hand it to them on a plate.

Hey smile, how about you call Nigel, maybe he explains to you that in reality the world is a like a Rubic cube.

Know what I mean?

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 5 users

Nbaz

Regular
First you need to understand what the insurance is for. Hint? You're way off the mark..
TC.
So for us that don't really understand....what was this insurance for exactly?

Reactions: 3 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Sorry but these insurance issues and questions have nothing to do with Zijin and it absolutely matters not

They can read the announcements and annual reports ....same as we have!

Geezuz

Some holders here wanted to understand what the insurances are for @Nbaz

The first insurance is more general and operational (ie for accidents when constructing a mine etc etc ) Ordinary insurance in the ordinary course of business

The second insurance is a Directors and Officers Insurance which provides some protection for them in the execution of their fiduciary duties ....this is also a widely and commonly held insurance for all directors and officers of companies....I have personally been covered by these types of arrangements

There is nothing to see here and nothing that one would consider sensitive

You can read about the insurances in the annual reports which are publicly available....the "general" details of what they cover is provided in the commentary

Last edited:
Reactions: 18 users

Frank

Top 20
Wow just returning to the forum after taking a month away on holiday, and what a grade-A shitshow! Seems to have devolved somewhat..

Personally, after reading allll these pages and the announcements issued since i took a travel-based mental-health breather (which admittedly focused largely on alcohol consumption) I think Zijin and Cominiere coming together on this latest ICC action is likely a further expression of a simple yet multi-pronged strategy previously mentioned:

1. To allow Zijin to be seen as a cooperative actor with Cominiere, underpinning its claim that a new JV between it and the Government would progress this strategic Project - as "we are already working together against the culprit stalling the Project".

2. To allow Zijin to fund and support Cominiere at the ICC, including by managing its legal team, giving it a better hope of success amidst its typical uselessness, and avoiding its concerns at being unable to pay its way. Its not Zijin's first rodeo at using the legal system to stall, steal a project or undermine an opponent! Likely also presents another path for transmission of snacks if necessary, as an aside.

3. To allow more imminent ICC cases to be wrapped up into a later submitted umbrella case, pushing back the window again to post 2024 at earliest. Im convinced we will see such an attempt come to pass. This would mark part of what I assume is now their grand strategic plan of delayance, in which they are likely to bombard the government along with the Chinese authorities and their suborned DRC agents (aka MoP/CAMI/Cominiere et al) that the only way to get this very important Project moving is by removal of whom they portray as the blocking actor. I have seen firm indicators of this in all the Cominiere and Zijin statements and letters, which were unfortunately also echoed in the MoM's cancelation decree.

4: Connected to the above, ensuring that Zijin have access to an ICC case against AVZ that it can use to delay us into dust, in consideration that its initial challenge was likely to be thrown out due to jurisdictional issues in July/Aug.

Regarding the Zijin/Com inclusion of a 'value' as set by its damages claim, this could potentially be seen a statement of lost revenue due to 'AVZ's delay', as reflected against the timeline set in the DFS as to first sale of product if these disputes hadn't erupted. Just a theory.

But anyway this is where I see this game moving, and I think Cominiere's efforts (seemingly with CAMI involvement) to simple oust AVZ or reassign 13359 to Cominiere is part of this plan coming together. I think we all know examples of where governments have stripped licenses of those they claim weren't progressing their Projects. Mostly due to their own inability rather than the institutionalized and state-backed corruption in service of outside non-state actors we are seeing with AVZ, but we've seen it nonetheless. That's probably Objective A of the plot, but a secondary Objective B could be to push us towards accepting a low-ball TO after we run out of cash, should their efforts to win the Project outright through subterfuge not reach success.

I have been calling for a negotiated outcome to this for a year, however to my dismay (though not those of all here) I think we may have pushed past the point now where that is possible. It's a major roll of the dice by our management, and one I now think is going to be to our ultimate detriment, but the AVZ management have optics on all the aspects of this case and I do not, so some benefit of the doubt must be provided. As such I'm still backing them - though with considerable apprehension.

In any case best of luck to all our holders here, as we've still got a difficult road ahead! I continue to appreciate all the information being presented here by those you all know, with a special mention to 9card, Frank, Carlos and others, and to the efforts of those like Spike and JAG who are continuing to fight the good fight. Note I even appreciate the return of our old friend DG who whilst muddying the waters as ever, does provide some interesting avenues of thought. Would prefer them in English though, I must say.

• Love
  • Fire
Reactions: 33 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!

Good call from Solo on that I reckon....

Probably sums up my sentiment as well

• Fire
Reactions: 20 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire

Frank

Top 20
1684315805893.png

1684315863778.png

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

Frank

Top 20

• Fire

BEISHA

Top 20
Reactions: 11 users

Onthefm

Regular

There is one thing u can't deny. When these fuckers do corruption they take it to a hole new level. Not 100 000s not 1 000 000s not 100,000 000 but billions. U have to hand it to them with the green abola as there backstop they have total ammunity as it fills her stockings every day like Christmas and are useing it to the full extent. As u would. Where's the kitten? Oh that's right he's out telling everybody in the world on his jet and looking at his flash watch to invest in the green abola. The mear fact that he where's that watch In public demonstrates his total disregard for his fellow Congolese. I wonder how full the kittens stocking is.

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

Der Geist

Regular

Marius Must know exactly Tshisekedi’s position is

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Onthefm

Regular

Marius Must know exactly Tshisekedi’s position is

So Stop being a smart ass and tell me what u think is he still in the fold or a disc card. In plain normal australian. Being a bogan that's how I like it.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Hudnut

Regular
I think there is no way this stuff is happening with Felix knowing, given the size of the resource for a major part of a battery when he's been so front and centre spruiking the battery/renewables story.

Why he doesn't do anything? Could be he's in on it while he can, given the temporary nature of politics. Or he has bigger fish to fry with rebels etc. Or he can't because he doesn't have the numbers.

• Thinking
Reactions: 12 users

wombat74

Top 20
Wow just returning to the forum after taking a month away on holiday, and what a grade-A shitshow! Seems to have devolved somewhat..

Personally, after reading allll these pages and the announcements issued since i took a travel-based mental-health breather (which admittedly focused largely on alcohol consumption) I think Zijin and Cominiere coming together on this latest ICC action is likely a further expression of a simple yet multi-pronged strategy previously mentioned:

1. To allow Zijin to be seen as a cooperative actor with Cominiere, underpinning its claim that a new JV between it and the Government would progress this strategic Project - as "we are already working together against the culprit stalling the Project".

2. To allow Zijin to fund and support Cominiere at the ICC, including by managing its legal team, giving it a better hope of success amidst its typical uselessness, and avoiding its concerns at being unable to pay its way. Its not Zijin's first rodeo at using the legal system to stall, steal a project or undermine an opponent! Likely also presents another path for transmission of snacks if necessary, as an aside.

3. To allow more imminent ICC cases to be wrapped up into a later submitted umbrella case, pushing back the window again to post 2024 at earliest. Im convinced we will see such an attempt come to pass. This would mark part of what I assume is now their grand strategic plan of delayance, in which they are likely to bombard the government along with the Chinese authorities and their suborned DRC agents (aka MoP/CAMI/Cominiere et al) that the only way to get this very important Project moving is by removal of whom they portray as the blocking actor. I have seen firm indicators of this in all the Cominiere and Zijin statements and letters, which were unfortunately also echoed in the MoM's cancelation decree.

4: Connected to the above, ensuring that Zijin have access to an ICC case against AVZ that it can use to delay us into dust, in consideration that its initial challenge was likely to be thrown out due to jurisdictional issues in July/Aug.

Regarding the Zijin/Com inclusion of a 'value' as set by its damages claim, this could potentially be seen a statement of lost revenue due to 'AVZ's delay', as reflected against the timeline set in the DFS as to first sale of product if these disputes hadn't erupted. Just a theory.

But anyway this is where I see this game moving, and I think Cominiere's efforts (seemingly with CAMI involvement) to simple oust AVZ or reassign 13359 to Cominiere is part of this plan coming together. I think we all know examples of where governments have stripped licenses of those they claim weren't progressing their Projects. Mostly due to their own inability rather than the institutionalized and state-backed corruption in service of outside non-state actors we are seeing with AVZ, but we've seen it nonetheless. That's probably Objective A of the plot, but a secondary Objective B could be to push us towards accepting a low-ball TO after we run out of cash, should their efforts to win the Project outright through subterfuge not reach success.

I have been calling for a negotiated outcome to this for a year, however to my dismay (though not those of all here) I think we may have pushed past the point now where that is possible. It's a major roll of the dice by our management, and one I now think is going to be to our ultimate detriment, but the AVZ management have optics on all the aspects of this case and I do not, so some benefit of the doubt must be provided. As such I'm still backing them - though with considerable apprehension.

In any case best of luck to all our holders here, as we've still got a difficult road ahead! I continue to appreciate all the information being presented here by those you all know, with a special mention to 9card, Frank, Carlos and others, and to the efforts of those like Spike and JAG who are continuing to fight the good fight. Note I even appreciate the return of our old friend DG who whilst muddying the waters as ever, does provide some interesting avenues of thought. Would prefer them in English though, I must say.
"Regarding the Zijin/Com inclusion of a 'value' as set by its damages claim, this could potentially be seen a statement of lost revenue due to 'AVZ's delay', as reflected against the timeline set in the DFS as to first sale of product if these disputes hadn't erupted. Just a theory."

Highly unlikely . You are stretching the bow a little too far with this one .

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Der Geist

Regular
So Stop being a smart ass and tell me what u think is he still in the fold or a disc card. In plain normal australian. Being a bogan that's how I like it.
You asked a question, I think.

No idea mate. Need to talk to Marius

FT consolidated power with Sacré Union but he is still weak. It’s a weak state. Marius may be ineffectual. And certainly AVZ can’t admit that. But I don’t know everything about him. From Get Go, rumours circulated he is a CIA connected asset.

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

wombat74

Top 20
I think there is no way this stuff is happening with Felix knowing, given the size of the resource for a major part of a battery when he's been so front and centre spruiking the battery/renewables story.

Why he doesn't do anything? Could be he's in on it while he can, given the temporary nature of politics. Or he has bigger fish to fry with rebels etc. Or he can't because he doesn't have the numbers.
Felix can not escape the truth . Not in this day and age . He knows exactly what's going on . A bit like trying claim ignorance when the ATO is on your arse . Doesn't cut it .

Last edited:
  • Love

Der Geist

Regular
We should get good coverage from Bloomberg as their Journalists covering this are well connected to Global Witness and CongoHoldup teams and other links beyond my scoping.

Bloomberg has not done a piece on it since May 23 2022.

I’m thinking why doesn’t Tom go to Kinshasa and be a real journalist?

Reactions: 1 users

Onthefm

Regular
"Regarding the Zijin/Com inclusion of a 'value' as set by its damages claim, this could potentially be seen a statement of lost revenue due to 'AVZ's delay', as reflected against the timeline set in the DFS as to first sale of product if these disputes hadn't erupted. Just a theory."

Highly unlikely . You are stretching the bow a little too far with this one .
But it is a drc bow. So it's infinite stretchablity is one of the wonders of the world. Or soon will be

wombat74

Top 20
Felix will be the Poster Boy for Corruption on the World's Stage if AVZ get shafted .I am sure we can all play a part in a small way to help get the message out there across Planet Earth .

• Fire
  • Haha

Onthefm

Regular
You asked a question, I think.

No idea mate. Need to talk to Marius

FT consolidated power with Sacré Union but he is still weak. It’s a weak state. Marius may be ineffectual. And certainly AVZ can’t admit that. But I don’t know everything about him. From Get Go, rumours circulated he is a CIA connected asset.
I hope to christ he is.

Reactions: 3 users
Top Bottom