AVZ Discussion 2022

TDITD

Top 20
End of the day giving Zijin 5% would likely ensure their (Zijin) assistance, or at least them not obstructing us from behind the scenes. Also would allow us 10% more, DRC likely happier with an Australian company holding the majority than a Chinese, well a changed/changing DRC anyhow.
But then on the other hand I’d like a Zijin in the bin shirt

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

TheCount

Regular
Yeah I'm good TC! Just been watching the minstrel show 😁 I guess it won't stop until the shorts close their positions. crazy couple of days.
I don't have two commas anymore but we'll be back up soon.

View attachment 5746
Great to hear you’re good T.

Please email me at hotcrapperthecount@outlook.com ANY time.

But then again - I’ll have to change that email soon eh!!

thecountnolongeronhotcrapper@outlook.com might have to

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Not sure if anyone posted before but for the record it's a Reuben.......and yes..... they're delicious

RIP Anthony Bourdain
Yeh I know the spelling is different, but come-on, who didn't picture a nice tasty sandwich when they read Commercial Court of Ruben and Brazil haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Winenut

Go AVZ!
Yeh I know the spelling is different, but come-on, who didn't picture a nice tasty sandwich when they read Commercial Court of Ruben and Brazil haha
Bahaha!

Sorry I'm just a bit of a food and wine......nut:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Love
OK ok so, I'm going to post something that I found earlier that I was umming and arrring about. Take it on the context of my research and opinion.

The 15% extra to acquire from dathcom might actually be out of our hands or we may be fighting for it right now.

I did some follow up from crazy guys tweets. When someone starts slapping your company around you wanna know why. I have a fair chunk invested, so if someone is talking smack about my company, I'm gunna check it out.

Firstly, I found this article that you will have to translate. Use Chrome. (https://ouragan.cd/2022/01/les-raisons-de-la-cession-des-actions-de-la-cominiere/) which had in some way been circulated around the forums and dismissed. Now I had a light bulb moment today and thought, hang on, if Zijin had in fact managed to get the 15% we were seeking to acquire, and they are a listed company, then they would have to disclose that right?

So I went digging, and I found the below from their recent 2021 annual report. You can also view it here: https://www.zijinmining.com/upload/...22/04/25/8eda0b5f2124484699978a80557afce4.pdf

View attachment 5455
If I am reading this correctly, also as the news article and crazy mans findings of zijin on rccm, zijin made an offer on the 15% which was accepted though not yet finalised. AVZ had been announcing (what I was asking about before) they were trying to acquire it as they have first dibs? Is this the same 15%? I feel like this isn't old news to do with the 15% we acquired to go to 75%, but the extra chunk we were looking to grab to go to 66% post CATH deal.

I just can't add this up. The zijin dates stated mid last year, how can that be? The below taken from latest report from dec 2021 stating that it has been awarded and registered to us? The above zijin must be something else?

View attachment 5457

I could be very mistaken in my findings, and maybe they acquired 15% in another dathcom arm to do with their recent permits near our area? Hence the spin old mate is using to make it look like we are in trouble and the article spin. Like the article mentions the above 33 million amount, and also avz's amount, so might be some truth to it?

All the recent tweets just got me thinking whether there is something else happening. I know I'm adding to the classic TH conspiracies, so blast me if you like. I just think the above could somewhat be relevant.

Happy to discuss?
To remind new folks that may not have seen this posted last week relating to Zijin reporting such 15% as theirs in their 2021 annual report

• Wow
  • Thinking
I have a feeling we'll never get to the bottom of this and I know we are in great hands. Just heartbreaking that there is this dark cloud over all the hard work the company has done to date.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone got a recent T20 list? Is Zijin also in our T20?

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users
Shifty af! This zijin mob it seems
Whoever is trying to stir up trouble, got to wonder what their end game is.
Apparently according to Twitter it was released on Zijins social media platform??
Screenshot_20220507-215400_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users

Frank

Top 20
I have a feeling we'll never get to the bottom of this and I know we are in great hands. Just heartbreaking that there is this dark cloud over all the hard work the company has done to date.
Apologies if already posted, as i haven't had time to read all the recent posts in detail yet, but i just came across this Tasty Morsel, where

Mines recovered from Gertler attributed to unknown by authorities?

The organizations and platforms of the Congolese Civil Society, having participated in the Round Table with the Presidency of the Republic on the Agreement with the Ventora group, say they are dismayed.

They denounce the awarding of a contract recovered from Gertler to unknown persons by the authorities of the DRC.

It was in a press release published on Friday, May 06 that these civil society organizations made this known.

In addition, they reveal that the contract signed on May 5 is "leonine".

Because, it is signed in haste and moreover, he violates the laws of the republic and the mining code.

Without forgetting the fact that it was awarded without a call for tenders.

"We learned with dismay and annoyance of the signing of a one-sided contract."

We read in the press release.

It also indicates that two ministers have assigned this contract.

“The Ministers of Mines and Portfolio selling by mutual agreement to an unknown in the mining sector, the Canadian company AJN Resources belonging to the European citizen Klaus ECKHOF”.

Explain the release.

These are the mining assets recently recovered from the Israeli businessman, Dan Gertler.

Certain mining assets that the Presidency of the Republic has recovered from Dan Gertler's Ventora (the Moku gold mining site in the Haut-Uélé Province), the gold deposits of Sokimo and Ituri and Bas-Uélé including those of Zani and Gada as well as the lithium mining site of Manono which must belong to the Australian AVZ”.

Regret civil society.

Sabotage of the policy of the head of state?

The signatories of this press release believe that the awarding of this contract is a sabotage of the policy of the Head of State and, they accuse some members of the government of doing it.

Thus, they appeal to their patriotic sense.

“Let us patriotically ask the President of the Republic and Head of State, sole guarantor of the interests of the Congolese people, to block the implementation of this contract concluded with the unknown Canadian AJN Resources. Because it contradicts all of its good governance efforts in the mining sector.”

Added the statement.

It should be noted that eleven Congolese civil society organizations and platforms signed the statement. Among them, we find, for example, CASMIA, CONSULTATION FRAMEWORK OF THE LUALABA SOCIETY and Espoir ONG.

There is also the League Against Corruption and the Public Expenditure Observatory.

1651925882229.png

#Hmmm.jpg

More Food for thought, much more :unsure:

Frank o_O

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: 15 users

TDITD

Top 20
More naughty boys, sure enough the Eckhof name comes up…..his rep must stink over there.
‘The lithium mining site of manono which must belong the the Australian Avz’ - agreed!
Nice to have some allies.
Didn’t Nigel leave AJN a while ago, bloody dodged a bullet there if so (or am I just talking out of my posterior).

• Thinking

Tunedin

One Happy Camper
Putting out alternative facts does not mean it is true, they are however effectively swaying the court of public opinion whilst making a killing on shorting of the stock. Nigel’s move to counter was getting Cantor to release their updated report. It’s a game of chess being played out in public view. Nigel is playing it smart, the other side is playing it dirty. Both sides have strong allys in the Government. The world is watching.

Reactions: 12 users

cruiser51

Top 20
Apologies if already posted, as i haven't had time to read all the recent posts in detail yet, but i just came across this Tasty Morsel, where

The organizations and platforms of the Congolese Civil Society, having participated in the Round Table with the Presidency of the Republic on the Agreement with the Ventora group, say they are dismayed.

They denounce the awarding of a contract recovered from Gertler to unknown persons by the authorities of the DRC.

It was in a press release published on Friday, May 06 that these civil society organizations made this known.

Because, it is signed in haste and moreover, he violates the laws of the republic and the mining code.

“The Ministers of Mines and Portfolio selling by mutual agreement to an unknown in the mining sector, the Canadian company AJN Resources belonging to the European citizen Klaus ECKHOF”.

Explain the release.

These are the mining assets recently recovered from the Israeli businessman, Dan Gertler.

Certain mining assets that the Presidency of the Republic has recovered from Dan Gertler's Ventora (the Moku gold mining site in the Haut-Uélé Province), the gold deposits of Sokimo and Ituri and Bas-Uélé including those of Zani and Gada as well as the lithium mining site of Manono which must belong to the Australian AVZ”.

Regret civil society.

The signatories of this press release believe that the awarding of this contract is a sabotage of the policy of the Head of State and, they accuse some members of the government of doing it.

“Let us patriotically ask the President of the Republic and Head of State, sole guarantor of the interests of the Congolese people, to block the implementation of this contract concluded with the unknown Canadian AJN Resources. Because it contradicts all of its good governance efforts in the mining sector.”

Added the statement.

It should be noted that eleven Congolese civil society organizations and platforms signed the statement. Among them, we find, for example, CASMIA, CONSULTATION FRAMEWORK OF THE LUALABA SOCIETY and Espoir ONG.

There is also the League Against Corruption and the Public Expenditure Observatory.

View attachment 5837

View attachment 5838

Frank o_O
Why am I not surprised.

Fletch77

Regular
Agree 100 % with your later statement, not the 1st part. After the hard yards long term holders have endured, and the amount of work the company has done, we deserved to see the re-rate in the next weeks with the announcements that are due shortly after ML.

We knew the risks getting into this and took them on for the potential high rewards.

It is a downer, but there was always the risk of dirty tactics, and it might just work out well for us that it’s come to a head at this stage.

I’m sure we are all wondering if Nigel was partly responsible for the CATH deal extensions.of late.. or have we been just incredibly lucky that wasn’t finalised and the Cash and shares transfer didn’t take place already.

If Felix and Co. can act swiftly with a heavy hand, just maybe we could come out of this with an even stronger position, and like some have suggested cut back CATH’ s 24% as a bit of a fuck you to the Chinese for trying a dodgy and keep them at a longer arms length. Maybe give Bosch and LG 5% each at todays rates and if they want the offtake they build batteries local, and make CATH pay the same current rate assuming we get the extra 15%.

After some average CR’s, it would be good to come out of a deal feeling like winners for a change.

Saturday night beers wishful ramblings…

Also nice find Frank 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users

Dom1974

Regular
Hi All, newly registered and fed up with HC. Why am I not surprised with the attached…

Attachments

• 4050C555-E573-4F0B-934B-626D521997E1.jpeg
    4050C555-E573-4F0B-934B-626D521997E1.jpeg
    922.9 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: 2 users
Now imagine if we are all completely wrong and the 15% Zijin has acquired is actually for their project?
----

China's Zijin Mining launches first lithium exploration project in DRC

BEIJING, Jan 24 (Reuters) - China's Zijin Mining Group Co. Ltd said on Monday it had officially launched its first lithium exploration project through a joint venture with Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)-owned firm Cominiere.

The joint venture, called Katamba Mining, has secured mining rights to two greenfield exploration and mining projects at the periphery of the Manono lithium mine in the DRC, "in order to enhance Zijin's competitiveness in new energy minerals," the miner said in a statement.

Manono lithium mine is controlled by Australia's AVZ Minerals (AVZ.AX), and the mine's reserves of lithium oxide reach 8.78 million tonnes, the statement said.

Global demand for lithium is rising as the mineral is used in lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles.

Earlier in November, Zijin Mining had also approved investment in a smelter for its Kamoa-Kakula copper project alongside Ivanhoe Mines (IVN.TO) in the DRC in a move to reduce reliance on third-party smelters.
-----
Also @ohreally, not sure how long zijin have been in the DRC for either. Though, they have a share in the massive copper project which I think was recently expanded. So they may have a decent relationship with government aswell.

The Kamoa-Kakula Copper Project — a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%) — has been independently ranked as the world's largest, undeveloped, high-grade copper discovery by international mining consultant Wood Mackenzie

They should also be well aware on the processes in country you'd think and interesting the government have 20% stake in it too 🤔

• Thinking
Reactions: 9 users

Explain the release.

Regret civil society.

Added the statement.

View attachment 5837

View attachment 5838

Frank o_O
Very nice find Frank!

Especially the sentence mentioning AVZ, could they be referring to the acquisition AVZ did to get the permit 13359 a few years ago? Or more recent and what we have been discussing?

Hmmmmmmmm

Be very interesting what plays out over the next few weeks!

• Thinking
Reactions: 3 users
Interesting development on twitter and also if you are here "lithium expert" thanks for fighting and defending us against this misinformation crusade. ❤

Screenshot_20220508-090258_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Now imagine if we are all completely wrong and the 15% Zijin has acquired is actually for their project?
----

China's Zijin Mining launches first lithium exploration project in DRC

BEIJING, Jan 24 (Reuters) - China's Zijin Mining Group Co. Ltd said on Monday it had officially launched its first lithium exploration project through a joint venture with Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)-owned firm Cominiere.

The joint venture, called Katamba Mining, has secured mining rights to two greenfield exploration and mining projects at the periphery of the Manono lithium mine in the DRC, "in order to enhance Zijin's competitiveness in new energy minerals," the miner said in a statement.

Manono lithium mine is controlled by Australia's AVZ Minerals (AVZ.AX), and the mine's reserves of lithium oxide reach 8.78 million tonnes, the statement said.

Global demand for lithium is rising as the mineral is used in lithium-ion batteries for electric vehicles.

Earlier in November, Zijin Mining had also approved investment in a smelter for its Kamoa-Kakula copper project alongside Ivanhoe Mines (IVN.TO) in the DRC in a move to reduce reliance on third-party smelters.
-----
Also @ohreally, not sure how long zijin have been in the DRC for either. Though, they have a share in the massive copper project which I think was recently expanded. So they may have a decent relationship with government aswell.

The Kamoa-Kakula Copper Project — a joint venture between Ivanhoe Mines (39.6%), Zijin Mining Group (39.6%), Crystal River Global Limited (0.8%) and the Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (20%) — has been independently ranked as the world's largest, undeveloped, high-grade copper discovery by international mining consultant Wood Mackenzie

They should also be well aware on the processes in country you'd think and interesting the government have 20% stake in it too 🤔

So many possibilities and that is definitely one, if the AVZ announcement didn't already mention legal discussions and the speculation was a little bit less baseless even a simple case of lost in translation could probably explain the speculation but its definitely more serious than that.

Imagine if it all came down to something as simple as the wrong chunk of ownership got transferred to Zijin (whether accidentally or accidentally on purpose ;) ;) by someone dodgy).

Either way there are too many possibilities, unknowns and lack of credible information for an uniformed punter to truly know whats going on. I think the best we can hope for is some clarification from any of the parties involved in the very near future. Hell at this stage I would even settle for a statement from Zijin with more information as long is its reported by a credible source and not some Twitter/WeChat baseless 'report' dissected through Google Translate.

• Thinking
Top Bottom