AVZ Discussion 2022

Hemicuda

Regular
The plot thickens @Sammy_da_Smile

Doesn't seem like something to be shrugged off by shareholders anyway.

I'd be pretty surprised if this wasn't something avz management would have been open and transparent about if it had any basis in reality?

It'll be pretty discouraging if it turns out these picks have simply muscled their way in as stated.

Ccp spewing bs to their populous through state controlled media?

Seriously wtf?? o_O these Chinese simply could not give a fuck could they?
Dodgy any way you spin it.
Bring on Tuesday I guess.

I mean not dissimilar to what we've seen before but this goes into even more specific detail.

"The transaction was blocked by AVZ, the other party refused to convene a board of directors, shareholders' meeting, and twice filed a lawsuit with the court, forcing the transaction to move forward to judicial proceedings; in November 2021, the Commercial Court of Ruben and Brazil of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) rejected AVZ's application and presided over a general meeting of shareholders to approve the transfer of 15% of the equity of JINCHENG MINING, jincheng Mining became a legal shareholder holding 15% of the equity of Dathcom, and completed the relevant commercial registration and change of movable property registration number (RCCM). Since then, AVZ has further objected and obstructed through multiple channels, and in January 2022, the Commercial Court of Ruben Brazil once again rejected AVZ's claim to revoke the relevant shareholders' resolution and the changed RCCM."
So who is telling pork pies??

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

Bonsoir

Regular

I'd be pretty surprised if this wasn't something avz management would have been open and transparent about if it had any basis in reality?

It'll be pretty discouraging if it turns out these picks have simply muscled their way in as stated.

"The transaction was blocked by AVZ, the other party refused to convene a board of directors, shareholders' meeting, and twice filed a lawsuit with the court, forcing the transaction to move forward to judicial proceedings; in November 2021, the Commercial Court of Ruben and Brazil of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) rejected AVZ's application and presided over a general meeting of shareholders to approve the transfer of 15% of the equity of JINCHENG MINING, jincheng Mining became a legal shareholder holding 15% of the equity of Dathcom, and completed the relevant commercial registration and change of movable property registration number (RCCM). Since then, AVZ has further objected and obstructed through multiple channels, and in January 2022, the Commercial Court of Ruben Brazil once again rejected AVZ's claim to revoke the relevant shareholders' resolution and the changed RCCM."
Any legal proceedings AVZ were aware of would need immediate disclosure to the ASX and possibly suspension until the outcome, regardless of DRC corruption AVZ would need to keep ASX and shareholders informed.

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users
Reactions: 1 users

Doc

Master of Quan

I mean not dissimilar to what we've seen before but this goes into even more specific detail.

I find it strange that all these supposed court proceedings and yet not one court document has been produced as proof. And Google sure as hell hasn’t heard of Commercial Court of Ruben and Brazil of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: 11 users

Yes mate very interesting behaviour. As we saw in the zijin annual report I posted they are indeed claiming a 15% as theirs.

Though what is different with this article they are stating the 15% which took us to 75%. Not the 15% we are seeking to acquire to go to 66% / 61% (DRC extra 5%). Otherwise they wouldn't been saying we will hold a minor holding of 36%.

I don't see how AVZ can say it any clearer though. Countless times they have stated 75% is ours, so the fake news just spreads...

• Thinking
Reactions: 6 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
I find it strange that all these supposed court proceedings and yet not one court document has been produced as proof. And Google sure as hell hasn’t heard of Commercial Court of Ruben and Brazil of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Exactly, there hasn't been anything about this to come out of an even remotely reputable source and all that anyone seems to be able to find is suspicious chinese articles... The only credible source to mention anything about it is the announcement the other day rubbishing the claims and the speculation.

They say there's two sides to every story and at the moment we are only seeing one credible side of the story.

Reactions: 8 users
Exactly, there hasn't been anything about this to come out of an even remotely reputable source and all that anyone seems to be able to find is suspicious chinese articles... The only credible source to mention anything about it is the announcement the other day rubbishing the claims and the speculation.

They say there's two sides to every story and at the moment we are only seeing one credible side of the story.
Yup that's right Dan! Nothing legit at all, probably why nothing in our newspapers as yet regarding an aussie asx200 company having legal right issues to project percentage. You'd think, if there was court case or even as one article has said that Graeme committed fraud and was served an arrest warrant, surely they would have been some local media attention etc with this as news. Very serious allegations.

I think I remember someone on HC being in contact with a local member working on the Manono site, if you are here now, is it possible to reach out and see if there is anything of substance to what has been claimed being reported locally?

Reactions: 5 users

bloke383

Regular
Would love to know the thoughts of Mr Pei & CATL on this matter ... are they going to help or hinder in getting this resolved in AVZs favour ?

• Thinking
Would love to know the thoughts of Mr Pei & CATL on this matter ... are they going to help or hinder in getting this resolved in AVZs favour ?
My thinking would be if such is the case, no way would avz sell 24% to be minor project owner. So I think best interest for CATH would be to also squash such ramblings.

Reactions: 11 users

CHB

Regular
My thinking would be if such is the case, no way would avz sell 24% to be minor project owner. So I think best interest for CATH would be to also squash such ramblings.
If CATH was in on it they wouldn't have waited for the ML.

If you're onto a good thing you get onto it fast.

CHB

Regular
I wonder how much more nige can talk about the ownership next week.

I mean I doubt he's going to directly call zijin fraudulent?

• Thinking
Reactions: 2 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
If CATH was in on it they wouldn't have waited for the ML.

If you're onto a good thing you get onto it fast.
I was actually just looking into the scenario of CATH doing an inside job on AVZ... But then again my thoughts are that if they were going to try and backdoor us they would have paid the money and had the deal done as quick as they could. Not continue to extend the payment date.

What date was the supposed tribunal in the DRC in relation to this?

1651913671891.png

• Thinking
Reactions: 4 users

BEISHA

Top 20
Thats the exact logic i was thinking, no way in hell would they have committed 24% to Cath, if they thought they didnt have the minimum 51%.

One must also remember and realise that Mr Market hasnt priced in the extra 15% in question , but they might of got spooked if they thought AVZ would be reduced to 36% as per the " fake news " on Thursday.

Official announcements from AVZ management is the only credible / factual source of information, as it should be.

As far as i am concerned AVZ has a controlling interest of 51% with a possibility it could be as high as 66%, but as i mentioned in my previous post, I would be happy if DRC had a bit more skin in the game and control.

61/24/15
AVZ/ CATH/ DRC...........(y)

imo

• Thinking
Reactions: 14 users

Flexi

Regular
If we are getting $545 mil form African banks plus the $240 mill form CATH's for 24% plus CATH's share of costs plus the $70 mill in our kitty than I can only conclude we will be building a 10 mill tpa mine from the start. Else we could build a 4.5 mill tpa and use the money to pay $150 mill for the 15% from the Govt. Tim will tell.

Reactions: 9 users

Samus

Top 20
Yes mate very interesting behaviour. As we saw in the zijin annual report I posted they are indeed claiming a 15% as theirs.

Though what is different with this article they are stating the 15% which took us to 75%. Not the 15% we are seeking to acquire to go to 66% / 61% (DRC extra 5%). Otherwise they wouldn't been saying we will hold a minor holding of 36%.

I don't see how AVZ can say it any clearer though. Countless times they have stated 75% is ours, so the fake news just spreads...
Shifty af! This zijin mob it seems
Whoever is trying to stir up trouble, got to wonder what their end game is.

• Thinking

BEISHA

Top 20
Shifty af! This zijin mob it seems
Whoever is trying to stir up trouble, got to wonder what their end game is.
I wonder if they have a direct line with President XI.....;)

• Thinking
Reactions: 5 users

TDITD

Top 20
Having a read through catching up on the days talk, agree with the general consensus here that Zijin are dodgy as fuck and have some serious brass balls to try pull off something so obviously illegal/corrupt.
Also I picked up on the whole 10-15% ol Nige said in the interview about the DRC govt, I’m thinking this allows us a little discount on the 10% maybe and pleases them to have more % in the biggest money spinning mine in DRC, probably Africa after an expansion.

On another note, @JAG maybe once this gets sorted, you could treat us to a limited edition run of shirts along the lines of “Zijin get in the bin”
Possibly with the monster of Manono throwing some Zijin styled trash in a bin, of course AVZ brand on the shirts too.

• Haha
  • Fire
Reactions: 10 users

TDITD

Top 20
you don't think that there's a tiny minute chance Nige is saying that 10% ends up with us 10% with gov and considering the amount is about 1/3 of true value that Zijin paid for supposed 15% then they end up with 5%...idk as soon as I heard Nige put it that way, it came to mind that maybe this is a talking point behind closed doors and a way to shut everyone involved up and move on with the show..could also be way off the mark lol
Mate the world we live in today anything could happen. Yes I could see 5%, but wouldn’t be impressed as Felix needs to come down on corruption not reward it. But hey that’s still better than having the 15% virtually stolen from us (with the first refusal agreement).

Reactions: 3 users

DiscoDanNZ

Regular
Basically what I posted on the crapper but its all I could find on google providing any kind of link between AVZ, Manono and Zijin.

Just found this...

https://www.zijinmining.com/news/118807.htm

Both articles mention AVZ but only in the capacity that "Zijin holds a 70% stake in Katamba Mining, and has secured rights to explore and develop two greenfield projects at the periphery of the Manono project." A completely seperate project - all be it on the periphery on the AVZ tenements.

And here's a Reuters article:

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...t-lithium-exploration-project-drc-2022-01-24/ - Stating

"The joint venture, called Katamba Mining, has secured mining rights to two greenfield exploration and mining projects at the periphery of the Manono lithium mine in the DRC, "in order to enhance Zijin's competitiveness in new energy minerals," the miner said in a statement....

Manono lithium mine is controlled by Australia's AVZ Minerals (AVZ.AX), and the mine's reserves of lithium oxide reach 8.78 million tonnes, the statement said."

So that's a Reuters article quoting a Zijin statement saying that AVZ controls the Manono mine...

• Thinking
Reactions: 7 users

Samus

Top 20
you don't think that there's a tiny minute chance Nige is saying that 10% ends up with us 10% with gov and considering the amount is about 1/3 of true value that Zijin paid for supposed 15% then they end up with 5%...idk as soon as I heard Nige put it that way, it came to mind that maybe this is a talking point behind closed doors and a way to shut everyone involved up and move on with the show..could also be way off the mark lol
Crossed my mind earlier too mate...

The gatecrasher at the party that nobody likes.

😒 🇨🇳

• Love
  • Haha
Top Bottom