AVZ Discussion 2022

Remark

Top 20
Genuine question / apologies for my ignorance -- how do you close a short position when the stock isn't trading?
Off market transfers would be my guess

Reactions: 7 users

The Fox

Regular
The green Princes is still 3 or 4 places down on the RHS of Felix in the latest meeting.

Felix needs to install some counter measures for corrupt Ministers. 😀

1672226689621.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

Bin59

Regular
Hi Bin, keen to hear your view on this short covering.
Very hard to know the reasons why Charbella but I expect obvious reasons being contributing factors for the short covering ie. that the ML issue is closer to being resolved due to changes withIn the mining ministry to be made soon (this week’s face to face meeting?) together with final approval for the financing of SEZ zones.

DRC: A Council of Ministers meeting is exceptionally scheduled for Wednesday | Actualite.cd
Council of Ministers of July 1, 2022

According to information from ACTUALITE.CD, the meeting of the Council of Ministers will be held exceptionally this Wednesday instead of Friday. It will be held face-to-face and will be chaired by Félix Tshisekedi who is expected in Mbuji-Mayi on Friday. If the program prepared by his cabinet is confirmed, the Head of State will spend the last days of the year in this part of the country. A team ahead is already going there this Wednesday.

Several burning topics will be on the government's table for this last meeting of the Council of Ministers of the year.

First, there is the security issue, including the "false withdrawal" of the M23 from the Kibumba group. There is also the evaluation of the first week of the voter identification and enlistment operation and many other files.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Nellie17

Regular
Very hard to know the reasons why Charbella but we can expect the obvious reasons being a contributing factor ie. that the ML issue is closer to being resolved due to changes withIn the mining ministry to be made soon (this week’s face to face meeting?) together with final approval for the financing of SEZ zones.

DRC: A Council of Ministers meeting is exceptionally scheduled for Wednesday | Actualite.cd

According to information from ACTUALITE.CD, the meeting of the Council of Ministers will be held exceptionally this Wednesday instead of Friday. It will be held face-to-face and will be chaired by Félix Tshisekedi who is expected in Mbuji-Mayi on Friday. If the program prepared by his cabinet is confirmed, the Head of State will spend the last days of the year in this part of the country. A team ahead is already going there this Wednesday.

Several burning topics will be on the government's table for this last meeting of the Council of Ministers of the year.

First, there is the security issue, including the "false withdrawal" of the M23 from the Kibumba group. There is also the evaluation of the first week of the voter identification and enlistment operation and many other files.
Pardon me Bin,

But ffs, I hope you've got the dates incorrect? Hoping January, not July!

Cheers,
Nells

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

• Fire
Reactions: 4 users

Flight996

Regular
Very hard to know the reasons why Charbella but I expect obvious reasons being contributing factors for the short covering ie. that the ML issue is closer to being resolved due to changes withIn the mining ministry to be made soon (this week’s face to face meeting?) together with final approval for the financing of SEZ zones.
Hi Bin

I wonder if the driver of this shift in sentiment is simply economic pragmatism based at least partly on AVZ's decision to go to the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) to arbitrate on ownership of the Manono project. Since the ICC cases are expected to take months to prepare and finalise, shorters are reluctant to have their capital and paper profits further tied up during this lengthy process. In other words, it's not so much a vote of confidence in AVZ, but simply the need to have their capital available and continuously working for them. It's not working while tied up in a suspended stock.

Finally, there is also a very small risk that AVZ could eventually be delisted if things go pear-shaped. Although only a remote possibility, it cannot be ignored because while AVZ remains suspended the risk of delisting increases incrementally. If that happens, everyone loses, including the big trading houses that have both long and short positions in play.

Just thinking out aloud.

Cheers
F

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

BRICK

Regular
Wow....it looks like the shorters are covering their arses.
:ROFLMAO:💣💣💣
well im fucking disappointed because i just want to see them burn

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

BRICK

Regular
hey Jag, you share a bday with my old man. must be something about the sea and piss heads who are born on that day.

Happy birthday

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Wow....it looks like the shorters are covering their arses.
:ROFLMAO:💣💣💣

Hi Bin

I wonder if the driver of this shift in sentiment is simply economic pragmatism based at least partly on AVZ's decision to go to the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) to arbitrate on ownership of the Manono project. Since the ICC cases are expected to take months to prepare and finalise, shorters' are reluctant to have their capital and paper profits further tied up during this lengthy process. In other words, it's not so much a vote of confidence in AVZ, but simply the need to have their capital available and continuously working for them. It's not working while tied up in a suspended stock.

Finally, there is also a very small risk that AVZ could eventually be delisted if things go pear-shaped. Although only a remote posibility, it cannot be ignored because while AVZ remains suspended the risk of supspension increases incrementally. If that happens, everyone loses, including the big trading houses that have both long and short positions in play.

Just thinking out aloud.

Cheers
F
well im fucking disappointed because i just want to see them burn
Does anyone have access to the broker data?

My initial thought is this could be funds selling to themselves or each other to cover the shorts they automatically took out to hedge AVZ when it went in the ASX200. The timing of this big drop just after AVZ was removed from the ASX200 is probably not a coincidence.

More generally anyone that thinks there will be a short squeeze with only 3% or 4% of the soi shorted is dreaming imo

• Thinking
  • Fire
Reactions: 9 users

Charbella

Regular
🚨 URGENT

Imminent arrest of Min @adelekayinda01 and his Dircab for confirmed hijacking for @IgfRdc of
📌 $150M sale of State shares to COMINIERE.
📌 Sale of Camp DUMEZ of RVA Goma
$10M
📌 Misappropriation of $45M from AGEMI
📌 $70M from IMD.

She was interviewed by the PG in her office for more than 5 hours, it should be noted that she admitted the facts.

A first woman in Africa who diverts public property to this height. @Presidence_RDC @ALINGETEJULES_K @KasongoKas @financesrdc @nskazadi @minportefeuille

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users

Bin59

Regular
Maybe it’s in connection with this?
Is the PG the Prime Minister?

The Head of State, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi met with 5 Government Ministers, members of the Ensemble Party, concerning their loyalty and their commitment to his political line and his vision, in the presence of the Prime Minister

Finally, the sting of the #Final Assault!

• Thinking
Reactions: 8 users
Maybe it’s in connection with this?
Is the PG the Prime Minister?

The Head of State, Félix-Antoine Tshisekedi met with 5 Government Ministers, members of the Ensemble Party, concerning their loyalty and their commitment to his political line and his vision, in the presence of the Prime Minister

Finally, the sting of the #Final Assault!
I hope so! I can’t find anything else, and not who is behind that beton2la republic twitter account. 11 hours ago the princess was still on a group picture. I’m not sure when she was interviewed 5 hours? After the Minister meeting maybe?
I pray to god that more confirmation is coming soon!!!
MoP wasn't involved
20221229_094621.jpg

20221229_094636.jpg

• Sad
  • Fire
Reactions: 3 users
🚨 URGENT

Imminent arrest of Min @adelekayinda01 and his Dircab for confirmed hijacking for @IgfRdc of
$10M
📌 $70M from IMD.

She was interviewed by the PG in her office for more than 5 hours, it should be noted that she admitted the facts.

A first woman in Africa who diverts public property to this height. @Presidence_RDC @ALINGETEJULES_K @KasongoKas @financesrdc @nskazadi @minportefeuille

I interpreted that as “calling for the imminent arrest..” rather than “expect the imminent arrest…”. Either way, hopefully there is movement.

John25

Regular
🚨 URGENT

$10M
📌 $70M from IMD.

Hope its damn true but seeing is believing
1672269502724.gif

• Haha

Misfits

Regular

• Fire
  • Love

Misfits

Regular

The year 2022 ends with nearly $11 billion of public revenue mobilized in own resources, against a forecast of $8 billion. The PR05 was right to honor the IGF for its supervision of the state controls. The 2023 forecasts are increased to 16 billion. The country is moving forward.

• Fire
Reactions: 12 users

Misfits

Regular
  • Fire

The Fox

Regular
Fingers crossed multiple news agencies report this event, might be a good AVZ day ;)

page1image10105024

Attachments

• MoP.pdf
    723.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Fire
Reactions: 18 users

JAG

Top 20
What do you do when you run out of snacks 😎😎
53E7D9F3-2889-4E51-94B8-1349CE56C345.jpeg

• Haha
  • Fire