TLG Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 5B Cash Flow Report - 30th Jan 2023, 2:12pm

annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Quarterly Activities/Appendix 5B Cash Flow Report
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 30th Jan 2023, 2:12pm

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

TentCity

Regular
No mention of the resource upgrade :unsure:

Reactions: 1 users

Vigdorian

Regular
No mention of the resource upgrade :unsure:
What are your thoughts ?
1) Is Talga trying to keep a low profile during the court proceedings with regards to their grand plans and in order to avoid negative publicity
2) Disappointing results ?
3) No results ?
4) purposely withholding results for other reasons ?

ACinEur

Regular
Personally I think they don’t want the distraction and potential negative attention from the NIMBY’s (oh no the sky is falling, there’s going to be a hole to the centre of the earth) type that this would potentially bring.
It’s a smart strategy, get approved, then incrementally upgrade… I’m confident the resource stacks up and will be huge…. Going to be interesting few weeks…Fingers crossed

• Fire
Reactions: 7 users

TentCity

Regular
What are your thoughts ?
1) Is Talga trying to keep a low profile during the court proceedings with regards to their grand plans and in order to avoid negative publicity
2) Disappointing results ?
3) No results ?
4) purposely withholding results for other reasons ?
Definitely not Options 2 & 3 as we already have the drill results back many months ago and were announced to the market. They were fantastic with plenty more high grade intercepts recorded.

Maybe more likely Option 1 as Mark certainly does like to quietly go about his business and not attract any unwanted attention at this crucial point on the eve of the court case. Bit of a mystery to be honest and the only other thing I can think of is it will be packaged up with the expanded Niska plans, which they will not want to talk publicly about until well after the Court verdict.

Reactions: 6 users

Semmel

Regular
WRT the drill results, I dont think its entirely under Talgas conrol. Maybe a third party takes its due time to review the documentation. No idea how these things usually work, but I guess that talga cant do it all on its own? I think last time, the resource upgrade was late too.

Semmel

Regular
The balance though looks terrible to be honest. We spend about 11M this quarter, we had 4M in the banks from last quarter and got 30M from issuing shares. Now, we have 23M left. Thats 2 quarters at current run rate. If we dont get finance loan this quarter, there will be new shares issued next quarter. This burn rate is too high for a company like Talga in my opinion.

Lets talk about the costs for a minute.

Payments for
(a) exploration & evaluation (i) (4,690)
(b) development (ii) (1,810)
(c) qualification plant production (iii) (1,624)
(d) staff costs - corporate (990)
(e) administration and corporate costs (2,008)

Cant do much about staff costs without firing people, we cant do that. administration and corporate costs is up from 800M last quarter. Why? Can we expect this to go down again? Development is Talnode Si, the UK center and similar activities. We kind of need these as Talnode-Si and additives can become a very significant part of the Talga story. Qualification plant production is the EVA plant. We kind of need that as well, no way to cut costs there.

And then there is the elephant in the room, 4.5M for exploration & evaluation, which includes the footnote "Exploration and evaluation includes Sweden trial mining, technical & FEED studies, and exploitation permitting costs". So, the trail mining is done, is it? Or is it on going? The FEED studies are done. Leaving the exploitation permitting costs. Is the permitting process this expensive? This should also include drilling and the resource upgrade costs. With drilling being paused, I hope this number goes down significantly next quarter.

Nevertheless, we need the financing being done asap, I dont want Talga to issue new shares twice a year to cover its running costs. Its gonna take at least until 2025 before Talga becomes cash flow positive. That is at current rate about 80 to 100M of running costs. Even with the loan of EIB and others, which is supposed to cover building the mine and processing facilities, there are probably plenty of new shares to be issued on the way. I hope the EIB is making a decision soon.

Reactions: 5 users

cosors

👀
Top Bottom