TLG Ann: Mitsui Extends MOU with Talga - 31st Aug 2022, 7:55am

annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Mitsui Extends MOU with Talga
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 31st Aug 2022, 7:55am

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

Reactions: 2 users
I think that confirms they are in this for the long haul.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

cosors

👀
I think that confirms they are in this for the long haul.
I'm really surprised and then again I'm not. For me, it wouldn't have made sense for Mitsui to drop out except for reasons we couldn't have known. Why all this poker and why not a word about the loyal partner in two years? But all good. Moving on. Congratulations!

Reactions: 4 users

TentCity

Regular
Righto - thanks Mark for not making us wait until COB today to announce this - good to get out nice and early in the morning!

If Mitsui have come on the journey with Talga for 2 years now and extended twice, clearly they are here for the long term. So, it will be interesting to see what stake they will end up securing in the project relative to these other mystery partners Mark mentions they are in advanced negotiations with as well.

What i want to know is how are the Long Lead Items (LLIs) being funded and when they can they be ordered. If a deal is not done until March 31, 2023, then being in production by late 2024 is going to be challenging.

He does allude to a deal could be struck earlier than March 31 - so let’s hope that does eventuate and we can get the show on the road later this year!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

cosors

👀
Righto - thanks Mark for to making us wait until COB today to announce this - good to get out nice and early in the morning!

If Mitsui have come on the journey with Talga for 2 years now and extended twice, clearly they are here for the long term. So, it will be interesting to see what stake they will end up securing in the project relative to these other mystery partners Mark mentions they are in advanced negotiations with as well.

What i want to know is how are the Long Lead Items (LLIs) being funded and when they can they be ordered. If a deal is not done until March 31, 2023, then being in production by late 2024 is going to be challenging.

He does allude to a deal could be struck earlier than March 31 - so let’s hope that does eventuate and we can get the show on the road later this year!
I will go out on a limb before the Umea court and say that we will have a clear statement latest by March. Of course, it can be acted upon, but I have no concerns. Have you seen the last article how it goes round in the European press?

Reactions: 3 users

Diogenese

Top 20
With the benefit of hindsight, it was always obvious that Mitsui would stay until the licensing issues were resolved.

cosors

👀
I think yes! and no. Of course why should they?! On the other hand, why were they not even mentioned in the financing ann? Very strange for me but all fine. It's raining here 🤗

Top Bottom