TLG Ann: Major permitting milestone for the Vittangi Graphite Project - 21st Apr 2022, 1:28pm

annb0t

Top 20
TLG Ann: Major permitting milestone for the Vittangi Graphite Project
Price Sensitive: Y
Date: 21st Apr 2022, 1:28pm

>>> Read announcement: Google: TLG Market Announcements

• Fire
Reactions: 3 users

Emerged
A wonderful announcement.

Reactions: 5 users

Bossman

Gentleman
Great announcement and bugger all reaction from the market. It's a funny old world.

Reactions: 2 users

Micreg

Regular
Great announcement and bugger all reaction from the market. It's a funny old world.
Talga is still flying under the radar.

With this announcement my sentiment has flipped from hold to buy.

Going to enjoy accumulating more while we keep progressing unnoticed :cool:

Reactions: 5 users

Affenhorst

Regular
I see this as a positive spin on somewhat negative news. We expected the permit for Q2, not Q3/Q4. It's good to see it move forward, but it's happening later than expected.

Reactions: 1 users
ASX not excited by another delay from Q2 to Q3 it seems

Reactions: 1 users

cosors

👀
Here is the translation of the letter.
Do not be surprised about Finland, the river Torne also flows through Finland or forms the border. As far as I can tell, the comments from Finland have already been submitted. So this is already done. The cross-border consultation is necessary because of the EU legislation. But I take this as a sign that things are moving forward. I can try to compare this with other cases, for example the one gold miner. Then maybe I can find out how long it will take to get a verdict.

I would like to emphasize that this is about the large and more difficult to obtain environmental permit and not about the processing concession that, for example, Beowulf has just received. They have to start preparing their report now and then submit the application. And if they were just as fast as we are, which they are not, then they will also get such a letter in 2024 as we do now.
This is absolutely clear evidence that Talga's strategy of submitting both applications at the same time has worked! This announcement is the proof. This is the first time in Swedish history, as far as I know. I'm not sure but I think we have Ms. Utsi to thank for that.
Who knows, maybe we will hear something from Bergsstaten soon.

If perhaps some are disappointed, I'm not at all. On the contrary, I am surprised! If you compare this milestone with history, it's a very fast process that Talga has started. Because it can't be overestimated, they have made an official announcement. Sit back and just wait :)

"Application for authorisation to conduct mining activities etc. at Nunasvaara Södra in Kiruna municipality
Talga AB has applied to the Umeå District Court, Land and Environmental Court, for a permit under the Environmental Code for mining activities etc. at Nunasvaara Södra west of Vittangi in Kiruna. municipality.

The application concerns authorisation to conduct mining activities in the form of mining and enrichment of up to 120 000 tonnes of graphite ore per year in open-cast mines on the property Stenbrottet 2:1 in Kiruna municipality. The application also covers authorisation to construct and operate the facilities and otherwise take the measures necessary for the operation, including authorisation for the storage of grey rock, enrichment sand and sludge, backfilling of grey rock, enrichment sand and sludge in excavated open-cast mines and extraction of morainic rock for post-treatment purposes. The application also includes authorisation for the discharge of inflowing water from open-cast mines, the construction of sedimentation and clarification basins, the discharge of surface water from Hosiojärvi, the construction of trenches and authorisation to construct and operate facilities necessary for water operations. Talga AB has also applied for a Natura2000 permit.

The activity is subject to the requirements for specific environmental assessment under Chapter 6 of the Environmental Code. An environmental impact assessment has been submitted. According to Chapter 6. 40 of the Environmental Code, it is stated that consultation with Finland will take place. The application will also be published in Finland.

The water activities are said to affect the properties Kiruna Stenbrottet 2:1 and Kiruna Vittangi 21:2 and 43:5.

Comments on the application and the environmental impact statement must be submitted in writing by 23 June 2022 at the latest. Comments should be sent to Umeå tingsrätt, mark- och miljödomstolen, Box 138, 901 04 Umeå or by e-mail mmd.umea@dom.se. Include full contact details and preferably also an e-mail address in the opinion. Please also state the court's case number M 1573-20. Requests for compensation should preferably be made in writing within the same time limit and at the latest at the court's forthcoming main hearing. The court may reject later claims unless they are based on observations made at the hearing or other circumstances arising during the main hearing.

The documents in the case are available at the Court and at the office of Kristoffer Baas, the court registrar, Municipal Office, Kiruna Municipality, Stadshustorget 1, Kiruna, telephone 0980-701 04.

Summonses and other notices are published in Norrländska Socialdemokraten and Norrbottens Kuriren.
Umeå District Court, Land and Environmental Court"
https://www.domstol.se/globalassets...ngsratt/umea-tr-m-1573-20-aktbil-155-kung.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

cosors

👀
And I would like to add and clearly emphasize how good this news is from my point of view!
Normally, this is how it went in Sweden:
Years of preparation for the report.
Then the processing concession is applied for.
The processing at Bergsstaten takes 2-3 years.
Then if you get the green light the application for environmental permit is submitted.
The processing time takes another 3-5 years.

Perhaps it is now clear why I find this supposedly small news so terrific. It is not an admission, but pride that they are the first to achieve this. And the team can be really proud of itself!
I ask you, the hearing after 25 months! That is at least twice as fast.

• Fire
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
Top Bottom